Pursued and Wooed - Closed for wombat9966

“I am very excited! The rules aren’t as strict and I am sure I will find lots of people to meet and new things to explore. I am hoping to be able to shoot a gun and be more independent! I am a little nervous but also very excited! The only thing that worries me are the natives of the area, I hear that there are problems with them at times.” Amelia replied. “All of it is new and interesting so I am doing the whole wait and see attitude. I am trying to not make any decisions until I know how things really are over there.”

Their food arrived and it all looked and smelled delicious!! As everyone ate their food it deterred any talking. They all seemed to enjoy their meals and their champagne. The band announced they were taking a break while the staff cleared tables and then would come back so people could start dancing.

“Beatrice, I am going to powder my nose before the dancing, do you need to powder yours also?” Amelia asked?

Beatrice agreed and they excused themselves. They returned shortly afterwards and saw the staff was just finishing clearing stuff and the band was heading back to their instruments.
 
Connor had chatted a little with James and realised the young man was having a wonderful time with Beatrice. He knew he had chosen well and would have no trouble keeping himself and Amelia apart at any time he wished. Still he really did not have that urge tonight. He had started thinking he would seperate her from her brother, mesmerarise her a little, take a small meal of blood from her and that would be that. Now however he found that he was actually attracted to this young girl. He loved her spirit and passion, the way she was willing to take on life and instead of meekly fit into the role she was supposed to take, challenge it all and find the path she wanted. Connor no longer wanted just a taste of this woman, he wanted all of her. If he was going to do that then tonight was going to have to be something special.

As he saw the ladies return he stood up and bowed. "Amelia, Cousin, I have been thinking. I know I promised you both an evening of dancing but I feel I can not live up to my promise." He saw their faces crumble and he hastened on. "What I mean to say is I promised to dance with you both but I feel that you Beatrice would rather enjoy the night dancing with James and I am sure Amelia really wouldn't want to be seen dancing with her brother," A quick glance confirmed this. "So if I may propose a compromise. The first dance I shall dance with my cousin as I did promise her and the two of you may sit out," he said indicating Amelia and James, "Then the rest of the night we dance with our dates until we need to slip off home that is," he laughed.
 
The first dance I shall dance with my cousin…” was all Amelia had heard him say. She never thought about Connor dancing with anyone else. She felt a little dejected by this but tried not to let it show. She had hoped to dance the first dance all the way to the last dance with Connor. Sitting out the first dance would look like no one wants to dance with her and she wasn’t dancing with her brother. She smiled weakly and nodded as she took her seat.

His cousin, he could dance with her anytime, this was his one and only night to dance with me because I was leaving for America in two days! Maybe that is why he doesn’t care to dance the first dance with me, he knows I am leaving and really doesn’t like me as much as I thought he did.” Amelia thought to herself as she stared at the table.
 
As he escorted Beatrice towards the dance floor she glanced over his shoulder and saw Amelia's face. She knew what the woman was thinking and knew it could not be further from the truth, but how could she get her master out of this mess. She stopped and covered her eyes and he was forced to stop to. She pretended to be sobbing and he leaned in and she quickly explained the situation. She would pretend she was heartbroken that she was not allowed to dance with James and that she had caused him to miss out with Amelia. Connor nodded and told her he would be able to do the talking. He turned her around and walked back.

"James my boy it seems you have something about you. My cousin is a might distraught that I have given up the first dance of the night for her instead of dancing with your sister Amelia as is proper. She has released me from my vow and is happy to dance with you all night. I thank you my boy." Smiling he turns to Amelia and offers her his hand. "You do not know how happy this makes me, but would you care to dance miss Amelia," he asks.
 
Amelia takes his hand hesitantly. “If you don’t want to dance with me I will understand,” she says. “I am a big girl and know that because of my independent nature that a lot of men avoid getting too close to me.”

Amelia watches as James and Beatrice head to the dance floor. They seem oblivious to all others around them. Amelia sighs.
 
Connor sighs and looks longingly into her eyes. "Amelia I wanted to dance with you all night from the moment I asked you out but I felt obligated to at least dance once with my cousin as I was the one who was supposed to be showing her around town. I had promised to take her out and show her the sights and to take her dancing so I did not want to break my promise. A proper gentleman does not do such things. However my heart would not have been in it as it is you I want to be with." Turning to watch her and James walk to the dance floor he grinned. "Luckily for me she has found somebody else to take on my role of dance partner which leaves me free to pursue what my heart wants."

He pulled her up and into his arms and guided her to the dance floor smiling the whole way. Leaning down he whispers in her ear. "Just so you know my dear Amelia. I am not letting you escape my clutches until it is time to take you home. You are mine for the entire evening."
 
Amelia’s heart starts beating faster, her breathing becoming more rapid, as Connor tells her she is what his heart wants. She melts into his arms and follows his dance moves step for step. They make a beautiful couple and people watch them as they dance across the floor like they have been doing it for years. She doesn’t want this evening to end, but she knows it will have to eventually.
 
Connor gathers Amelia in his arms and dances with her for as long as he can. He blocks out the rest of the world and just concentrates on the beauty in his arms, taking in her scent and the way she feels cradled against him. They move so effortlessly together that time seems to stand still, their bodies flowing together as they move and sway to the music, only pausing when the band does before beginning again. The band itself is inspired by the two dancers and plays it's best music in years. For years afterwards people still gossip and rave about the night that two couples danced an evening away at the royal so well that the house band played as well as the symphony orchestra. For James and Beatrice while not dancing quite as well as Conner and Amelia far outshone anyone else.

Finally however His pocketwatch chimed and the spell was broken. They finished the dance and after applauding the band they turned to leave the floor. As one the band stood and applauded them as did the other dancers. Conner stopped Amelia, Turned her and presented her to the crowd and bowed to them. James had done the same with Beatrice. Then they left after collecting their coats and things. Outside his coach pulled up at his signal and they helped the ladies up before getting in themselves and it took off for the Admirals estate. They should arrive just a little early but that was preferable to a little late.

"I hoped you enjoyed yourself this evening my dear," he asked Amelia," I know I did very much."
 
“I had a wonderful time!” Amelia replied. “Want to know a secret? That is the first full date I have ever been on! Most of the times they just want to go for a carriage ride or a walk and then they try things and learn how much I really do know about defensive moves.” Amelia smiled at Connor. “I am actually sad now that we are leaving in two days. I have been looking forward to this trip, but now I am not so sure.”

Amelia put her hand on Connor’s arm as she talked to him, wanted that contact with him. She wondered if he would kiss her before he left, but she knew he wouldn’t, not with her father standing there watching over them. Sometimes she wished her father would not be so strict! She could take care of herself if the guys got too aggressive and had proven it many times! But she knew that was an argument she would never win, as she had tried many times.

She looked over at James and Beatrice, she had her head on his shoulder and they were talking very quietly. Her dad wouldn’t even care if James kissed Beatrice, he would probably congratulate him if he did. How come there are two sets of rules, one for the sons and one for the daughters?
 
Connor saw Amelia's wistful glance and he knew what she was thinking. He looked over at James and placed a small glamor on the boy making it so he would just ignore what was going on on this side of the carriage for the rest of the ride home.

"Amelia," he said gazing into her eyes with all the warmth he could muster," There is something I must ask you. I know I will never be able to do this with your father around so I will take a chance here. I have enjoyed tonight a lot more than i have enjoyed any night in a long time and that is because of your company. Amelia would you mind if I asked for a kiss from your lips before we made it back to your home and you are taken away from me again?"
 
Amelia blushed, not because he asked, but because she wanted him to kiss her. She had just been thinking about it and here he was asking her. She looked over at James who seems to have not heard what Connor just said to her. How would they do this without James telling her father?

“I would be honored by a kiss from you, but I am afraid that James would report it back to my father.” Amelia responded sadly.
 
Connor leaned closer and with a discreet flick of his wrist James turned to look at Beatrice and by the look's on their faces before they did it was clear they would not be turning back anytime soon.

"I do believe we may have a window of opportunity here Amelia but I will not push you. I saw what happened in those gardens and I want you to understand I am not a man like that Boy was. This decision must be entirely your own. Just know that every fiber of my being yearns to kiss your lips at this moment."
 
Amelia sees that James isn’t paying any attention to them. As she hears Connor say it has to be her decision, she leans towards him.

“Yes, I do want this, very much!”

She closes her eyes and puckers up her lips. She hopes she doesn’t disappoint him. She has never really kissed anyone on the lips before. A few have tried, but they were so aggressive about it that she ended up punching them. She gave one a bloody nose and another one a black eye. The closest she got to having a real kiss was in the garden the other night, but she doesn’t even want to think about that, that was not what a real kiss should feel like. At least she hoped it wasn’t.
 
Connor realizes by her reaction that she has never really been kissed before. She is so tense and rigid and shaking like a newborn foal. He gently eases over beside her and enfolds her in his arms placing one arm around her waist and the other behind her head and into her hair. Gently he descends upon her lips and kisses them softly with the briefest of touches before kissing them again a little harder and again and again until he is kissing them at a gentle but firm strength.

He moves her head in closer to him while pulling her body against him, then he allows his mouth to open slightly and he runs his tongue along her closed lips to see her reaction. Depending on it, will dictate his next move.
 
Amelia is very nervous, but as Connor kisses and keeps kissing her she relaxes against him. As his tongue touches her lips she gasps and that is all Connor needed to dart his tongue inside her mouth. Amelia stiffens again but then starts to relax and move her tongue to touch his, her body pressing against him. Amelia slides her hands over his shoulders and around his neck bringing their bodies even closer. Amelia lets a slight moan escape. She never knew kissing could be so enjoyable, it is making her body tingle all over.
 
Connor is happy that Amelia is taking some of the initiative. It means that she is enjoying this as much as he is. He allows his tongue to enter her mouth deeper and to duel with hers a bit more forcefully. He wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her whole body against his letting her feel his strength but not in a frightening possessive way. He lets her know by body language that if she was to push him away he would let her go. Her ample breasts are now rubbing against his chest every time the coach hits a bump and Connor knows this will excite her more. He takes one hand from her waist and reaches up and entwines it in her hair rubbing her scalp at the same time.

Breaking the kiss he looks her in the eyes. "Well my dear how was it? I would like to know because if it was alright I would like to kiss you again."
 
Amelia looks up at Connor in a daze. He asked her something, what was it? “Huh? Oh, it was wonderful!” she replied breathlessly. “Another kiss? Yes, that would be fine with me!”

Amelia waited for the kiss and wasn’t disappointed. It was even more amazing than the first kiss. She also realized that the coach seemed to be going over a lot of bumps, not that it was unusual, but her breasts moved across his chest each time and she felt her nipples hardening. Her body was reacting in ways she wasn’t sure of, but she was enjoying.
 
Connor continued to kiss the woman in his arms nearly all the way to her fathers estates. As the drew near the front gates he set her back in her seat and helped her readjust her dress. It had become a little wrinkled and crooked. He straightened her hair some until it looked good if a little disheveled, but that could be explained away because of the dancing. He released James from his glamor and he too straightened up and helped Beatrice to become more composed.

"Amelia I have something to ask you and it is important. Before we get to your home I need to know. If you were not leaving to go to the Americas would you consent for me to continue to court you?"
 
“But I am going to America and that cannot be changed. If things were different, yes I would enjoy being courted by you!” Amelia smiled but there was sadness in her eyes.

Amelia tried not to think about what could have been she needed to focus on what was. And going to America is what they are doing and nothing can change that! She also needed to pull herself together before her father saw her and became suspicious of any wrong doings. She was sure she looked a bit disheveled, but that wasn’t the problem, the problem is getting her emotions under control. Amelia started taking slow, deep breaths in order to get her breathing and her heart back in control. She also closed her eyes for a minute and tried to think of parsnips and lima beans and anything else that was not to her liking. She didn’t want to walk into the house looking starry eyed.

As they pulled up to the front of the house, the door opened and her father was standing there waiting. Amelia took a deep breath and let it out slowly as she waited to exit the carriage.
 
Connor stepped out of the carriage looking none the worse for wear. His clothes are a bit rumpled but after being out all night at dinner and dancing and being in a coach this can all be explained away. He holds up his hand and helps Amelia down and then hands her over to her Father. "As promised Sir we are back before 10 safe and sound. Miss Amelia thank you for a most enjoyable evening. I must say it was one of the best evenings I have had in a long time." He then turned to her father. Sir if I may call on you early tomorrow evening, there is something of some importance I would like to discuss with you. I do believe it could greatly benefit us both." He received a bemused nod and after finally dragging a reluctant James out of his carriage he took Amelia's hand in his, gave it a quick kiss, and said his goodbyes. Then hoping in his vehicle he was off.
 
Amelia’s dad asked how the evening was and she told him it was fun. She said they had dinner and then danced and Connor was a perfect gentleman. Afterwards she went upstairs to her bedroom, sat at her vanity and looked at her face in the mirror. She was all flush and had a glazed look in her eyes. She touched her lips that were slightly swollen from kissing Connor so many times. Oh my god!!! She kissed Connor or was it that Connor kissed her? Either way, they kissed, not just once, but a few times and she thoroughly enjoyed it each time. She moved her hands down and brushed them across her breasts. Her nipples were still hard!

Amelia stood up quickly! What was she doing! She shouldn’t be touching herself in such a way and she shouldn’t be enjoying it either! She quickly undressed and put on her nightgown and then brushed her hair. She washed off her face and then climbed into bed but sleep did not come quickly. She laid there for a while just remembering each kiss and how Connor’s lips felt against hers and how her body reacted to his kisses. Finally, she fell asleep.
 
Connor arrived back at his lavish estates and immediately set to work. He thanked Beatrice for her work but she had just laughed and had said it had been her pleasure. Connor had taken that to mean that she had had fun with James. Well then that had worked out well for all concerned then. He sent off messages to the port to ready his best ship. It need not be his swiftest but it must be able to keep up with whatever ship the Admiral was sailing in. Be able to defend itself and be capable of carrying a decent amount of cargo.

Next he sent word to his warehouses to be ready to load the ship with goods that would be needed in a new township in America. They would know better than him what would sell and be profitable. Next he got his head chief of staff to select a few of his human underlings capable of running a store for him, and several to keep a house for him. He was also taking two female and two male vampires along as guards and head servants. One would be his new chief of staff and one would be his new chief of servants.

Finally he arranged for his English business's to be run in his absence. His current chief of staff would take over as he was very capable. Beatrice had already been introduced around town as his cousin so she would take over as the face of his company. She had a good head on her shoulders and he knew she would do the right thing. She was overjoyed at this turn of events and even offered to show him just how much. Normally he would have jumped at the chance but now he did not feel like it. He only had eyes for Amelia. Declining her offer politely he finished his plans for the following night and then went to sleep. He was looking forward to the nights activities.
 
Amelia dreamed about her and Connor sailing off to America. When they made it to America he started courting her and they soon married. They had a huge wedding as they were very popular in their new town. Her father walked her down the aisle, her mother had tears of happiness and James was one of the groomsmen. Amelia had on an exquisite dress made of silk with intricate embroidery around the bodice, a deep, sweetheart neckline that showed off her cleavage. Her veil was of delicate lace with the same embroidery around the edges. She had a long train that would make a princess jealous! Just as the minister was about to say “You may kiss the bride”, Amelia woke up! It took a minute to realize she was still in her bedroom in England and that it had only been a dream, but oh what a dream!

Amelia bounced out of bed and got dressed. She was smiling as she went down to breakfast. Her mother commented that it must have been a very enjoyable evening and Amelia agreed and continued smiling.

“Don’t forget that you have to pack what you will need to have on the ship with us for tomorrow. You will need about four months of clothing and whatever else you think you may need. You may want to pack a few extra things just in case we get delayed at all.” Her mother reminded her.

There it was the one thing that could take the smile off Amelia’s face! The fact that she will not see Connor anymore since they are leaving for America tomorrow! She no longer had an appetite and excused herself from the table. With heavy heart she went back upstairs to her room. The trunks were in the middle of the floor and wide open waiting for her to start packing her things. She looked at them and then threw herself on her bed and started crying.
 
Last edited:
Connor awoke early that day. He checked how his plans were progressing. The ship had been made ready and the crew was being rounded up. He paid well and they would be ready to sail. The warehouses had arranged for the correct foodstuffs and products to be available and loading was already underway. His needs had been taken care of, and clothes and household items had been sent to the docks to also be loaded aboard. There would be little space left on board that was not stuffed full of cargo, food or water but he was not worried. The ship was very sound and the crew very experienced. They had sailed the American run before and though they would be headed to a new port he had every faith in them.

With everything sorted he waited for the gloom of early evening to set out for Amelia's house once more. In his pocket he bore something that he hoped to give her that may convince her father of his intentions but he would have to see. He rode a large black gelding tonight and in no time was riding through the gates of their estate. Stopping at the door, he handed the reins to the groomsman advising the man to not tie the horse up. He would stand docilely but would lash out if tied.

The doors were opened before he even got to them and he was escorted straight to the den where the Admiral was waiting for him. "Mr McGreggor. A pleasure as always but this meeting will have to be brief. I sail Tomorrow and still have a few things to pack. As you can see my house is in a bit of a state."
Connor bowed to him and then straightened."I am truly grateful that you have taken the time to see me sir and believe me I would not have asked it of you were it not of such importance." Connor paused to clear his throat and then plunged on. "Sir I know I have not known your daughter long but I feel I have come to know her well enough. I have developed feelings for her and I would like to pursue those feelings and begin to court your daughter."

He could see the shock on his face and then the obvious answer began to approach his lips. Connor quickly cut him off."Please sir I know what you are going to say. You are leaving for America tomorrow and there is no possible way that you would consider leaving her behind. I however am not proposing that. I am proposing to follow you. I am a business man sir and one of those business's is a trading company that does business in the Americas. now what better time to establish a post than at the start of a town. I will set up a route, you will have a steady supply of foodstuffs and goods and i will sell it at a reasonable rate for the first few years until the city is established. At which time I can bring in luxury items that are worth more and make more money. Of course my main interest is your daughter. I would like your permission to court her sir. If you doubt my sincerity i have brought this as a token of my esteem and if you agree I will give it to her tonight as a sign of my affection for her to hold on to for the journey over."

Connor reached his hand into his breast pocket and pulled out a gold necklace with a golden locket attached to it shaped like a heart. The front of which had a large heart shaped ruby embedded in it. "If you agree sir I would like to give it to her now and get out of your way. You have your arrangements and I will have t finish mine. So do I have your blessings?"
 
Admiral Walker eyed Connor carefully. “I will make you a deal. If Amelia agrees to you courting her and you make it across the ocean to America in one piece, then I will give you my permission to court her. Remember, that is four months you will not see each other. Your feelings for each other may change over that time, but if they don’t, then I give you my blessing. If you would like to give that gift to Amelia and tell her our arrangement I will agree.” The Admiral rang for the butler and told him to please bring Miss Amelia to the sitting room as she has a visitor.

When the butler knocked on Amelia’s door she wondered what he wanted. She wasn’t late for dinner. She opened it. “You have a visitor in the sitting room Miss Amelia.” He told her. “A visitor? Who is it?” she asked. “Mr. Connor, ma’am,” he replied. “Mr. Connor? Oh my, okay, tell him I will be there shortly.” She replied as she hurriedly shut her door so she could make herself presentable. She checked her dress and knew she didn’t have time to change it so just brushed it quickly to make sure it looked nice. She quickly brushed her hair and pinched her cheeks because she also had no time to do anything else. Amelia then headed downstairs to the sitting room. Once outside the room, she paused and took a deep, calming breath before opening the door.

“Good evening Mr. Connor, to what do I owe such pleasure?” Amelia asked.
 
Back
Top