I need opinions

LL88

Literotica Guru
On may-december relationships. Not just sex, relationships.
Pros? Cons? Can they really work long-term? Is it worth it even trying? How bad is the backlash?
I'm really struggling with this right now and would love input!

On may-december relationships. Not just sex, relationships.
Pros? Cons? Can they really work long-term? Is it worth it even trying? How bad is the backlash?
I'm really struggling with this right now and would love input!

is there some secret to may to December relationships?

any relationship can work if both parties participate and want it to work

the grass is greener WHERE YOU WATER IT

why are you struggling? what backlash are you expecting?

Age is just a number as long as both of you are on the same page.
Are you currently with this person?
Who’s the May and who’s the December?
Good luck!

If you're both happy then what's the problem?

Sod what other people say, just enjoy!

Backlash- "you'll be taking care of him in 10 years"
"Do you hate yourself so much you'll settle for an old guy"
"He just likes you because you're young"
Comments I have already recieved

#1 Is probably true.

#2 Is just just someone’s meanness

#3 If you don’t think it’s a factor, you’re kidding yourself.

I’ve found 10 years either way to be a good starting point for having enough in common to maintain a relationship. You can fake it for a while but the likelihood of actually understanding each other over the long term quickly diminishes.

Not sure your age difference but I know a couple 25 years apart. Her parents said he’s as old as they are and all of that. They’ve been together for years and have two children and are very happy...

Stuff the age gap! If you both have a lot in common, can laugh together, compliment each other then its only each other that matter. Let the doubters go to hell!

It's really no one's business but your own. You only live life once, do what makes you happy.

Do you want real opinions and actual food for thought or do you want people to tell you it’s not a big deal? I can do either...

Real opinions. People with experience would be great.

Why? It's not something I went looking for, if that's what you mean. It's not a fantasy of mine, it just happens to be something I am now facing.

Well depending on the age difference you may not actually have much in common over time, so consider that. Also it’s very important that you don’t underestimate the drain of being in a caregiver role... and how it will change everything, including who you are as people, much less the impact as a couple.

Well depending on the age difference you may not actually have much in common over time, so consider that. Also it’s very important that you don’t underestimate the drain of being in a caregiver role... and how it will change everything, including who you are as people, much less the impact as a couple.

Being a caregiver is hard on any relationship. But, things like that can happen no matter what age difference. (My brother was 39 when he was paralyzed, his wife was 32... she took care of him for 9 years before he passed in March).

Looking at things isn't wrong. Only you (the OP) will know if you'd be willing to deal with whatever comes up. If it will bring you joy and you'll be happy, come what may.

Being a caregiver is hard on any relationship. But, things like that can happen no matter what age difference. (My brother was 39 when he was paralyzed, his wife was 32... she took care of him for 9 years before he passed in March).

Looking at things isn't wrong. Only you (the OP) will know if you'd be willing to deal with whatever comes up. If it will bring you joy and you'll be happy, come what may.

All so valid bfg, I just think it’s important to look at.
And it can be harder than it sounds.
I just think realistically thinking about it is valuable :heart:

Back