Daddy's Little Girl: Second Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks yummmm. ...
Key lime pie dessert?? With blackberries?

Congrats on the freezer 👍😃

I get out of sorts and depending on circumstances around me I can just mentally freak out. As in become anxious, I can’t relax and I feel on edge. I need to have a plan, to know where I’m going or what I’m doing or to have an understanding of the situation.

Normally I can kick myself up the butt and sort myself out to refocus but sometimes I get stuck in that state for a day or so and it’s hard to then get myself back on track. 🌸

That sounds like me. Some times are worse than others. Especially if it's unexpected. I was crying and needed to call him. I know that I could have sorted it out, but I really needed to hear a calming voice reassuring me, helping me because I was too upset to think.

It helps to have friends for those times, too. I'm blessed to have you all and my other friends.

Yeah... now... deep breath ... so.... I dunno how much is me as a little. I'm also on the highly functioning autistic spectrum. I've aspergers . So change is hard on me. For example; if I'm going a new place I go before to map it out. If I have a meeting I'm very early. If I have a job I do it weeks early. If something goes wrong I'm VERY good at problem solving at a distance, but if it is immediate.... that is a problem. Off a problem is too big, too scary, or I can't find a solution I hibernate. I turtle. I stop communicating and pretend it doesn't exist.

HUSH YOU. Yeah two of my friends just said aloud " UNDERSTATEMENT". That's when I've asked EW to write me letters.

I've a letter for anxiety over mad and a letter for anxiety over gone. I also have a recording or two. ... I listen. If I can't listen I read.

Yeah. He helps. So Yes.... lacking a plan lacking certainty is bad.

Yeah... now... deep breath ... so.... I dunno how much is me as a little. I'm also on the highly functioning autistic spectrum. I've aspergers . So change is hard on me. For example; if I'm going a new place I go before to map it out. If I have a meeting I'm very early. If I have a job I do it weeks early. If something goes wrong I'm VERY good at problem solving at a distance, but if it is immediate.... that is a problem. Off a problem is too big, too scary, or I can't find a solution I hibernate. I turtle. I stop communicating and pretend it doesn't exist.

HUSH YOU. Yeah two of my friends just said aloud " UNDERSTATEMENT". That's when I've asked EW to write me letters.

I've a letter for anxiety over mad and a letter for anxiety over gone. I also have a recording or two. ... I listen. If I can't listen I read.

Yeah. He helps. So Yes.... lacking a plan lacking certainty is bad.

Hush? Me?

You don't mean that, Sassy Pants ;)

Super proud of you :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it time for shots yet?

Or are there any more cupcakes left?

I can’t sleep and no Daddy until Monday morning :(

I keep the cupcakes, cookies, and ice cream fully stocked at all times. The bar is open, help yourself, just leave the 40 year old Canadian Club alone ;)

Historical lecture on The Dieppe Raid will take place on Aug. 19.

In my castles library.

Do we need to do prior reading, Professor?

I think LY needs to do one on his specialty too ♡♡ I'd be front and center.

I haven’t really had that support untill recently and I am so thankful for it. I used to just cry on my own, in the bath or curled up in my blanket. Like quiet crying because you just can’t make any sound come out.

Sometimes you just need as you said to have that reassurance, that gentle guiding hand to help you through it. I feel really lucky to be able to talk to you all it makes a big difference 🌸

Shower crying is a go-to place just so my kids don't know. I'm glad we can help each other in our little thread and messages.

a problem is too big, too scary, or I can't find a solution I hibernate. I turtle. I stop communicating and pretend it doesn't exist.

Yes!!! If I wait long enough, maybe it will go away or resolve itself! But, E gives gentle tugs and guidance and good advice.

Is it time for shots yet?

Or are there any more cupcakes left?

I can’t sleep and no Daddy until Monday morning :(

*pulls a blanket up* I hope you finally went the f*** to sleep. ;)

Historical lecture on The Dieppe Raid will take place on Aug. 19.

In my castles library.

I will go early to dust and prepare for you. :)

Shower crying is a go-to place just so my kids don't know. I'm glad we can help each other in our little thread and messages.

Yes!!! If I wait long enough, maybe it will go away or resolve itself! But, E gives gentle tugs and guidance and good advice.

*pulls a blanket up* I hope you finally went the f*** to sleep. ;)

I will go early to dust and prepare for you. :)

*Early morning sees the wiley BFG communicating with others in her pack*

😮 wicked man
That sounds tasty, toss some avocado on there and I’ll be right there!

I'll put some on yours. :D

So, I'm looking up quotes today to add to my son's syllabus for our next year of school/penmanship. I found two that I really liked, though, I'm not sure that it will be used.

We might like them for our self-care box!!

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Marilyn Monroe

"They tried to bury us. They didn't know we were seeds." - unknown

So, I'm looking up quotes today to add to my son's syllabus for our next year of school/penmanship. I found two that I really liked, though, I'm not sure that it will be used.

Love these quotes 🌹

Forget the booze tonight, if someone could just put me in a coma for a little while that would be great.
Just like a week, so I can rest and recharge and not deal with crap anymore :(

Grab your favorite stuffy and cuddle him close. I got a new bear in the mail today! I call him Tiny cause he has tiny eyes.

Forget the booze tonight, if someone could just put me in a coma for a little while that would be great.

Sorry the crap is piling so high for you. Hope you find your quiet escape...

This looks like a cool place to decompress:

QuietTreehouse.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

I’m so sorry that you’re feeling this way. I would be lying if I said I didn’t have similar thoughts sometimes. What I can say with relative certainty is that it will pass. Decompressing with someone important (Daddy? A close friend? A family member?) helps me in these situations where my mind isn’t feeling quite right. :rose:

I’ve heard that first quote before and like it very much.
I like Roald Dahl for kid quotes too.

“If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl

“Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back