Official Notice: Holiday Contest + 5th Anniversary = Big Prizes!

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Joined
Aug 27, 1999
Posts
20,678
The holiday season is fast approaching. What holidays will we celebrate this time of year? Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Years, Thanksgiving, and some others that I either forgot or can't spell. But that's not all! This year, people around the world (and for the first time, even all of the adult authors & readers in Iraq) will be celebrating Literotica's Annual Exciting Extravagant and Almost X-Rated Anniversary. This time around, it's a big one. Literotica.com is 5 years old. To celebrate this 5-orrific event, we've decided to combine the 2003 Winter Holiday contest with our Anniversary contest, and make the grand prize $500. Not only that, but there will be 5 winners instead of the usual 3. (Get it? $500, 5 prizes, 5 years?) The actual prizes are listed below:

Top Rated: $500
Runner Up: $250
Second Runner Up: $100
Third & Fourth Runners Up: special bonus prize

Finally, because this is our Anniversary 5-Stravaganza, all authors will be eligible, even if you've already won this year.

We will accept entries starting November 10, and we will stop accepting contest entries on December 7. On December 14, we will announce the 3 winners. This contest will coexist with the usual monthly contest. Stories may only win one or the other, not both contests simultaneously.

All rules for the monthly contests are in place. The only exception to the rules is:

- A story has only to accrue 25 votes to be eligible, rather than the 50 required for the monthly contest.

The following guidelines also apply:

- All contest stories must be submitted via our online form. If you are a WebTV user or have difficulty with the form, follow the instructions here.

- Author must put the phrase "WINTER HOLIDAY STORY CONTEST 2003" in the "Notes" field of the submission for the story to count in the contest.

- Story must have a winter holiday theme. Please don't just submit a normal story and throw in snowflakes and gingerbread. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness. ;)


Any story that meets the above criteria will be entered into the contest, and winners will be decided by reader input.

Important Note: Once your story is submitted, it may take 72 hours for it to be posted. We strongly suggest that you do not wait till the last day of the contest to submit your story. The sooner you submit, the better chance your story has of accruing the votes necessary to be eligible.

As always, any cheating will result in disqualification of the story. We reserve the right to disqualify any story/author for any reason at any time.

Good luck, and have fun! :)
 
I will start thinking about it right now...

Greetings to A/all... *smiles*.... okay, I will try again. Views and votes were okay on the Halloween contest, and forgive me for not posting my stats, because I simply don't have them in front of me... *s*... but, I do have some ideas for a holiday and anniversary season story... maybe more than one. *wicked smiles*... okay, well, good luck to A/all! and I will be sure to let Y/you all know when I post my entry(ies). Happy next week! - Sche - :rose:
 
I'd drool except that it would be for nothing...

Once the snerts attack I, and those who don't cheat will be out of the running, so why bother?

DS
 
Yes indeed, Dirty Slut, the snerts (acronym for Sexually Nerdish Expressively Recidivistic Troll) are frothing at the mouth on this one.

I have figured out who some of these snerts are though as a result of the last contest. They wear "I"M NOT A RAPIST (front), I'M JUST A CHEATER (back) tee-shirts.

Maybe the story that gets the most 1 votes should win the $500.
 
Yeah... I was amazed to see my Halloween entry rate jump from a 4.17 (I think) to 4.33 within 36 hours of the end of the contest. Maybe anyone who votes a 1 on more than 2 stories should be disqualified from voting (is that even possible to do?).
 
Hey Svenskaflica, my tee-shirt says "SNERTS SUCK" on the front, and "FUCK SNERTS" on the back.

Interesting question, ButterflyLane. In the last contest, the day before the winner was announced, the top 3 rated stories all got a snert vote at the same time. You could really smell the snert shit on that one.

But I would be hesitant to suggest that snerts be abolished entirely. It's just so amusing watching them scurry around frantically doing their dirty little deeds and talking to themselves on the BB with their multiple multiple identities, while others nod their heads like woodpeckers.
 
Well, I'd just like to take this opportunity, instead of complaining about whatever, to congratulate Laurel on such a wonderful job of putting up with us all this time. Thank you, Kitty Mama. Happy 5th anniversary. :rose: :kiss:
 
Lauren.Hynde said:
Well, I'd just like to take this opportunity, instead of complaining about whatever, to congratulate Laurel on such a wonderful job of putting up with us all this time. Thank you, Kitty Mama. Happy 5th anniversary. :rose: :kiss:

I would too, but with a lot less brown nosing implied. LOL

DS
 
Lauren.Hynde, I'm not complaining about whatever. I'm searching for an antidote for 1 votes caused by a hazardous malignancy known as a snert. My strategic business plan is to sell the antidote to authors who are submitting stories for this contest.
 
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I LOVE THIS SITE!!! It's my favorite.

I don't come here to win anymore, I just come here to play. I love an audience. :)

(my very first story taught me a valuable lesson, so no point in trying to win, and I will give any story I can read {the whole way through} at least a 4, but usually a 5. However, there are a LOT of categories I won't even read.)
 
Weee!

I'm so excited about the new contest, and i'm even more excited that its been 5 years!

Yay.

I love this site. I can't really say how much i love this site. Before coming here i was to shy to share any of my writing, erotic or not, to anyone. Not even my husband! The people here have created a forum for me to express myself, get feedback, (both positive and negitive) and to excel in an art i adore. I just want to thank *everyone* and Laurel for making it available to me.

I'm gonna have a blast writing my holiday stories! Yay!

Nik
 
Hm, as I'll be away for the next 8-10 days I guess I'll have to hurry up with a submission when I get back!

Also would like to thank Laurel for Lit. Love it here!

/LP
 
my entry, [A Merry Spanking Chridtmas Eve[/URL] was written in response to a reqyuest that I not write a group, public sex ir FF story.....and that I include mistletoe. In my usual oddness, I took it to an odd spot. Should I write another?

sorry...bad link...the one below works
 
Last edited:
My contest story Elf Pleasure is up. A big thank you to Laurel for posting it within 6 hours of my submitting it. That was a nice surprise. :)

:rose:
 
damppanties said:
My contest story Elf Pleasure is up. A big thank you to Laurel for posting it within 6 hours of my submitting it. That was a nice surprise. :)

:rose:

one of the lovely things about this contest is discovering gems in categories you would never visit....I highly reccomend this story.
 
hi Laurel...

Congratulations on Lit's 5th anniversary! Next month will be my 2nd anniversary as a Lit member and I definitely like the results of being a member -- namely, that my writing is being read by a large number of people, and that I have "fans."

Again, congrats Laurel!

Jon aka Thelegguy
 
Fans are good thingslol! Even the ones with not nice things to say. I am not talking about critics I am talking nasty remarks but you gotta hope they get laid and their attitude gets adjusted. I have Master V to thank for that attitude.;-) To everyone who writes me nice things Thanks. To Laurel who puts up with all of us "You got to be sick girl" but I think we are all glad you are. Happy Anniversary.
 
Happy Anniversary! I love this site. I'm completely addicted to the forum, and Lit is easy to read and easy to navigate. Other sites just can't compete!

Out of curiosity, how come the holiday contests aren't listed on the contest thread? That's where I would have gone to look for info. Also, I usually skip the homepage and go straight to the index page, so I think it would be cool if there was a link there too.

Just being picky, but I also kinda wish there was a link to a list of editor picks, somewhere around the top lists or something:)
 
sweetnpetite said:
Also, I usually skip the homepage and go straight to the index page, so I think it would be cool if there was a link there too.

snp,

There is a link on the story index page. In the Erotic Stories section. Right under New and Top Lists - which says: "Holiday Fiction - 2003 Winter Holiday/Anniversary Super Contest!" and its got a red n yellow gift next to it too. :)
 
Fresh from success at NaNoWriMo I wrote and submitted my contest story "Don't Fall In".

It should revert to the usual mediocre scoring level because I'm exhausted after NaNo. If I get any decent inspiration I'll write another entry this weekend.

Og
 
about holiday contest / 5th anniversary

I am brand spanking new to literotica and I wish to thank Laurel for putting up with all of us on this site and to thank her for doing a holiday winter/anniversary contest like this. By the way laurel your cat is awefully cute. Plus I can see what you mean Dirty slut by the cheaters on this site not voting for people who look like you. I would vote for you if I was not trying so hard to win myself! And one poster who heard about the contest prizes said "Drooling!" hell that's what I was doing over your hot pics Dirty Slut! And don't be embarrassed by sending us more!:p

Well I wish everyone who participates in this contest luck they will need it because only one person gets that 500 bucks and that's the prize we are all going for people let's not fool ourselves!
 
Back
Top