The Chinal Pearl Inn part 8

We’ve just returned from Europe and will be leaving for our next deployment next week.

But I wanted to welcome Ruby to the Charlotte thread. Sadly because of our duties us Army girls struggle to post regularly. So you Ruby are going to be a breath of fresh air. And maybe the Chief and the Gladiator might wade in too.

Right, a night at base then I’m going home for a couple of nights. Sadly Hubby isn’t there!

CG - behave yourself!

Thank you. I understand why you necessarily able to post consistently. Best of luck on your next deployment, and bummer that your hubby won't be at home when you are.

Fuck me! just found out I'm giving a speech tonight in front of 350 VIPs!!!! FUCK!!!!:eek:

I bet you will be amazing, legendary, even. Maybe don't lead with "FUCK!!!!" though.

If all else fails take your darts with you.

I’ve posted in Charlotte. Now I’m off for bed. Goodnight all

Robyn, I am so glad you posted before I and that I read yours before beginning to formulate my next post. I read LF's post completely wrong where he says Mel asks if "it" (the coffee) was Irish. I thought it said Mel asked Chris if *he* was Irish. I was puzzled and reading back through to see if I missed anything suggesting Chris was Irish. Ha! I guess it's good I got a nap in. My head was pounding and I slept very soundly for about an hour.

Hi Ruby, there are a few of us lurking in the shadows at the moment. I'm here on and off but have to disappear soonish. CG's putting the javelins away. I see you're busy writing.

Now that sounds sensible to me :)

Yes I thought you might come to that conclusion, You being a distinguished gentleman.;)

I pour 3 fingers of single malt for each of us.

Just a wee nip Chris,;)

Evening Ruby something to drink?

Not everyone Ruby.. care for a drink?

Yes I thought you might come to that conclusion, You being a distinguished gentleman.;)

I pour 3 fingers of single malt for each of us.

Just a wee nip Chris,;)

Evening Ruby something to drink?

Wow, two people trying to serve me drinks. Y'all trying to get me drunk? J/K. Sorry, I am baking monster cookies to donate to an auction fundraiser, which pulled me away from the computer for a while.

I know it's getting late, but an Irish coffee with cream would be great. ;)

Oh gods what a crazy day! This is the first chance I've gotten to sit down and chill for a few minutes:(

I have 20 minutes to kill then I've got to go dress for the nights events. Formal:(

I have to wear shoes:(:(

I haven't worn shoes in about 18 months:(

On the up side drinks are free:D

Quick Saturday day morning hellos to everyone. Much love to you all. I’ll catch up with you all properly later on.

Morning GG, Shiva and S F.

Uggg I trust all went well and that your feet survived the torture of the shoes.;)

For me it is time for coffee and a wee nibble ladies.:rolleyes:

Hi CG, LF, SF, LS Et el

This morning I left camp early so I can spend as much time as I can with my family before our deployment next week. Mr Darcy is snuggled on my breast purring and Mum is cooking one of her famous fry ups. If only hubby was here too, but I can’t get greedy. Thank you Bashar al-Assad for cancelling our leave!

He is the gift that keeps on giving and not in a good way G G. I wish that we could finally put an end to it. ;)

Well Mr Darcy is a lucky cat G G. Have a great weekend and know you are in my thoughts.:rose::kiss:

Happy Saturday, all! Last night was a fun stay at home night with hubby and two of my three kids. Hubby and I indulged in a couple of cocktails, and my kids made me proud by requesting, as entertainment, both Mel Brooks (History of the World Part I) and Monty Python (The Meaning if Life). In case you were wondering, and even if you weren't, Rumchata + McGillicuddy's Raw Vanilla + Kahlua + a splash of cola tastes an awful lot like a root beer float. It's always good when my mixology experiments don't end up tasting like ass.

Tomorrow is the annual fundraiser auction for the youth mission trip at my church. Yesterday I made giant monster cookies, and today I will be making banana bread, challah, and both cinnamon vanilla honey and maple cinnamon butters for the affair.

Hope everyone has a marvelous day! :heart: I will check in as I am able, but now I am off to pursue another one of my passions. *disappears whilst tying her apron around her waist, and in a cloud of flour*

Hope you have a great day fund raising Ruby, charity is important in all religions.

Had a call from my boyfriend, he’s on his way to France next month so I’ve got to check my study schedule to see if I can squeeze some leave so we can meet up.

Robyn so you are pining to meet up with your boy friend? :(

You mean my charming sensually seductive company in the world of Lit is not enough for you. Well perhaps I do pale in comparison with reality. :rolleyes:

Ruby have an enjoyable day. I love baking and all forms of cooking. good food is one of my sinful pleasures.;)

Hope you have a great day fund raising Ruby, charity is important in all religions.

Had a call from my boyfriend, he’s on his way to France next month so I’ve got to check my study schedule to see if I can squeeze some leave so we can meet up.

I hope you are able to finagle some leave time in so you can see your boyfriend. Though it's been many years, my hubby and I spent several years quite far apart, so I understand how difficult it can be.

Also, and I hope I am not presumptuous in assuming your portrayal of characters as Jewish is true to life. Just a little side note about me...I was born and raised Jewish. My parents still live a relatively secular life, though my brother is part of an extremely orthodox sect. While I became Presbyterian, I do try to incorporate many Jewish teachings into our lives. And, naturally, traditional food with which I was raised. My great grandparents came to America as teenagers to escape the Eastern European pogroms. My great grandmother was from Lithuania. Oversharing, as usual, but that's me. ;)

Banana bread is in the oven and the challah bread dough is rising, so I can stop for (another) cup of coffee and a breather for a short while. I love cooking, but I literally get into it, no matter how organized I am and despite cleaning up as I go.

Attachments

• PicsArt_04-21-12.59.28.jpg
    PicsArt_04-21-12.59.28.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 0
Ruby have an enjoyable day. I love baking and all forms of cooking. good food is one of my sinful pleasures.;)

Me, too, CG, on all counts. I derive great pleasure (of the nonsexual kind) in preparing food and knowing others enjoy the fruits of my labor. If I had the means and lived in a more metropolitan area, I would definitely open a "pay as you are able" soup, sandwich, salad, and bread restaurant. While I do love baking, making homemade stocks and soups if all varieties are my areas of amateur expertise.

so the show was wonderful. and then went to a german restaurant to hear live music afterward. I have not laughed that hard in a long time I just love comedy shows.

and it looks like one of my former email writing partners has returned so we will be resuming our email story together. other than I didn't sleep well it's shaping up to be a nice weekend.

I hope you are able to finagle some leave time in so you can see your boyfriend. Though it's been many years, my hubby and I spent several years quite far apart, so I understand how difficult it can be.

Also, and I hope I am not presumptuous in assuming your portrayal of characters as Jewish is true to life. Just a little side note about me...I was born and raised Jewish. My parents still live a relatively secular life, though my brother is part of an extremely orthodox sect. While I became Presbyterian, I do try to incorporate many Jewish teachings into our lives. And, naturally, traditional food with which I was raised. My great grandparents came to America as teenagers to escape the Eastern European pogroms. My great grandmother was from Lithuania. Oversharing, as usual, but that's me. ;)

There is a lot of me in ‘Ruth’, the only difference is she is going to university and raising the funds for herself. I chose to join the army and train with them. I never expected to be recommended for Officer Training.

I come from a very liberal Jewish family and I only go to synagogue when I’m home or if away from home on special occasions. My father and step mother (my mother died a few years ago) have tried to set me up with the rabbi’s son who I’m told fancies me but he’s not my type. They’d be shocked to know I’m seeing a Shiksa!

My great grandfather was a Polish Jew who was brought up in Holland and taken to the camps towards the end of the war. He was moved around and survived only because his last camp was liberated and he settled in Britain.

My boyfriend is currently serving in the US Navy as part of SRR which means he travels a lot and next month he’s set to be in Northern France.

Well that’s the bits about me I’m allowed to tell you. I look forward to writing with you & LF. Maybe we can seduce CG & Glad into joining!

There is a lot of me in ‘Ruth’, the only difference is she is going to university and raising the funds for herself. I chose to join the army and train with them. I never expected to be recommended for Officer Training.

I come from a very liberal Jewish family and I only go to synagogue when I’m home or if away from home on special occasions. My father and step mother (my mother died a few years ago) have tried to set me up with the rabbi’s son who I’m told fancies me but he’s not my type. They’d be shocked to know I’m seeing a Shiksa!

My great grandfather was a Polish Jew who was brought up in Holland and taken to the camps towards the end of the war. He was moved around and survived only because his last camp was liberated and he settled in Britain.

My boyfriend is currently serving in the US Navy as part of SRR which means he travels a lot and next month he’s set to be in Northern France.

Well that’s the bits about me I’m allowed to tell you. I look forward to writing with you & LF. Maybe we can seduce CG & Glad into joining!
I did offer ;)

I come from a very liberal Jewish family and I only go to synagogue when I’m home or if away from home on special occasions. My father and step mother (my mother died a few years ago) have tried to set me up with the rabbl

Rabbi's son, um, I don't think that would work for me either. I married a shiksa AND became a Presbyterian. Oh, and I have multiple tattoos and piercings. My parents are also very liberal, but the tattoos are still a great offense.

Ooh, I know KF already has an idea in mind for Glad, but maybe one of them could be the mystery room enterer. Maybe I should shut up.

I did offer ;)

I think you're in serious consideration. Don't change your mind. ;)

Back