Just one Line.

lovecraft68

Bad Doggie
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Posts
41,955
Pretty simple. Post one sentence of line from a story you've published or a current project.

Disclaimer: This thread is in the spirit of fun, no grammar shaming or unwanted critiquing of people's posts.
 
Last edited:
My stories are like e old BURMA SHAVE and AEE ROCK CITY signs painted atop barns; my signs read, CAUTION HELL AHEAD NEXT 5 MILES.
 
Last edited:
“What is it?” I asked as Mario came close to me after we’d been shown to the table on the terrace of the Ciro’ Restaurant overlooking the Marina Piccola—the little harbor—on the Italian island of Capri.
 
Later in the same story:

She remembered something else that Trish said then stepped close to Nick and whispered with her lips close to his ear, “After that, if you'll be my peanut butter then I'll be your jelly.”

There's an author here named Tammy Trueheart-well not here any more, hasn't posted in years, but in one of her stories she had a line that caught me totally off guard and had me laughing in the middle of reading a gang bang scene.

"I was taking more balls off my chin than Mike Piazza." :D
 
There were GOOD pirates (Hurrah! Wave Jolly Roger) who fought the Spanish enemy (Boo!) and BAD pirates (Boo!) who robbed, raped (but this word was NEVER explained) and pillaged until they met the GOOD pirates (Hurrah! Wave Jolly Roger) or the BRITISH NAVY (Three Cheers! and wave Union Jack) and were sunk (with all hands) to the watery grave they deserved.
 
Something in the air changed ever so slightly and that had begun the dance that led to today.
 
Hack Writer: Good, Bad, Or Ugly

From what I read hack writers are hookers and short order cooks and taxi drivers. So what?
 
Not to mention the fact that an ex-coffin-mate and witch named Baba Yaga had cursed him with a goat’s head 1733 years ago for drinking an entire barrel of elder blood that she was saving to make sausage.
 
So I put the bottle on his desk and said, “No I didn’t pee in it, it’s apple juice like I said ‘'cause that’s what my Grammy always said was the best thing, ‘cept she said apple cider but Eddie didn’t have no cider and I never heard of that shnops stuff but it sounded too much like snot and stuff so I got apple juice and heated it up in the microwave with the cap off so it wouldn’t ‘splode but the label melted and looked ickey and stuff so I took it off.”
 
She cried out, as another blast of lightning ripped through us, our bodies tensed and frozen as nerves jangled from the mix of electricity from rapture and nature.
 
There were GOOD pirates (Hurrah! Wave Jolly Roger) who fought the Spanish enemy (Boo!) and BAD pirates (Boo!) who robbed, raped (but this word was NEVER explained) and pillaged until they met the GOOD pirates (Hurrah! Wave Jolly Roger) or the BRITISH NAVY (Three Cheers! and wave Union Jack) and were sunk (with all hands) to the watery grave they deserved.


Thumbs Up. I like it.
 
Back
Top