Miscellaneous political debris

Why isn't he dead yet?

‘I’d do it again’: Former VP Dick Cheney insists waterboarding not torture in Fox News interview

Proving Trump is not the first scum sucking asshole in the White House.
I didn't think waterboarding was torture until I saw Hitchens get waterboarded.
Probably the single most stubborn man to walk the face of the earth was a big proponent of waterboarding and didn't consider it torture so he volunteered to have it done to him by an ex CIA torturer to prove his point. You can find videos of it online.

He didn't even last two seconds on the table, immediately after the water touched his face he threw down some weights they'd given him and the first thing he said when he got up was "no, its definetly torture" and became an.opponent of it.

So yeah that changed my mind pretty rapidly.
 
16 Republican senators are urging Mitch McConnell to cancel this year’s August recess

There are ten Democratic senators up this year from states carried by Donald Trump in 2016.


There is just one Republican incumbent up this year from a state carried by Hillary Clinton.

Keeping these Democratic senators off the campaign trail in August is a bankable asset for the GOP.


The threat of canceling an August recess, even in a non-election year, can move mountains. Though any individual senator can slow the Senate—an institution built on consent—to a crawl if he or she so desires, the Senate can move quite quickly when the consent is there. That’s what happened after McConnell announced he would cancel the first two weeks of August recess last year. The Senate only ended up staying one additional week, and confirmed a host of additional nominees en bloc at the snap of the leader’s fingers.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...-senate-democrats-off-the-campaign-trail.html


Senators facing possible defeat can discover reservoirs of sweet reason in abundance if the alternative is being stuck in Washington — particularly if they aren’t getting much visible work done — as opponents savage them back home. McConnell knows this. He will probably count on its powerful effect as he mulls the August recess.

http://amp.nymag.com/daily/intellig...paign=sharebutton-t&__twitter_impression=true


gsgs-As far as I have seen, Republicans do not do work, after they are elected. Democrats work until they are exhausted, and often produce something of worth. Despite the fact they are faced with Republican opposition, interference, and underhanded treachery.


Trump is reveling in a new round of attacks on the 10 senators up for reelection in states that the president won in 2016.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/18/trump-democrats-senators-reelection-attacks-596553
 
" I wasn’t able to flail as I was pushed onto a sloping board and positioned with my head lower than my heart."

"I waited for a while until I abruptly felt a slow cascade of water going up my nose. Determined to resist if only for the honor of my navy ancestors who had so often been in peril on the sea, I held my breath for a while and then had to exhale and—as you might expect—inhale in turn. The inhalation brought the damp cloths tight against my nostrils, as if a huge, wet paw had been suddenly and annihilatingly clamped over my face. Unable to determine whether I was breathing in or out, and flooded more with sheer panic than with mere water, I triggered the pre-arranged signal and felt the unbelievable relief of being pulled upright and having the soaking and stifling layers pulled off me. I find I don’t want to tell you how little time I lasted."


https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2008/08/hitchens200808

This gem, buried inside the article-

"...between those who defend civilization and those who exploit its freedoms to hollow it out, and ultimately to bring it down.

gsgs comment-

Who would wish to bring America down ?
 
Ted Cruz “has been criticizing my sister for signing a certain bill. You know who else signed that bill? Justice Samuel Alito, a very conservative member of the Supreme Court, with my sister, signed that bill.”

— Trump

Trump is referring to a partial-birth abortion ban against which his sister and Alito ruled against in 2000 while on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.

Cruz has been attacking Trump for floating the name of his sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, to be a justice. Cruz has called Barry a “hardcore pro-abortion liberal,” particularly over the 2000 ruling. (PolitiFact has written about this Cruz talking point.)

In 2000, Barry wrote the majority opinion that overturned a New Jersey ban on partial-birth abortions. Alito was, as Trump says, a 3rd Circuit judge at the time. He agreed with Barry on the ruling.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-the-tenth-gop-debate/?utm_term=.9c3210906480

Alito made the decision based on precedent

Alito offered his most detailed opinion about abortion in Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey. In his dissent, he wrote that women should be required to notify their husbands before having an abortion. But in 1992, the Supreme Court took up the case, reaffirming a constitutional right to abortion and striking down the very restriction Alito had advocated.

Nancy Northup, president of the pro-choice Center for Reproductive Rights, notes that Alito arrived at his opinion in the case despite lengthy testimony that pregnant women in troubled marriages could be put at risk if they were forced to notify their husbands before an abortion. "Judge Alito disregarded that factual evidence and found that this law should stand," Northup said.

https://www.npr.org/2006/01/24/5081976/judging-samuel-alito-on-abortion-rights


May, 18, 2016



Judge Don Willett

@JusticeWillett
I'm 100% certain than in my 10+ years as a Supreme Court Justice, I've never once signed a bill.

10:31 PM - Feb 25, 2016
591
562 people are talking about this


https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/05/don-willett-donald-trump-tweets/
 
I can easily imagine an American judge giving an American twerp this lecture-



"This is not about free speech, not about the freedom of the press, nor about legitimate journalism, and not about political correctness."

“It is about justice and ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly, it’s about being innocent until proven guilty.

“It is about preserving the integrity of the jury to continue without people being intimidated or being intimidated or being affected by irresponsible and inaccurate ‘reporting’, if that’s what it was.”


We have an entity, living as an alt, and behaving like a troll in the real flesh world. Why is he refusing to use his real given name ? Is he a living, breathing extension of his internet persona ? He was banished from public platforms on the internet. This might explain his bid to attract attention in the "meatworld."

Entities originating in the UK, Canada, and Europe are invited to America, to speak to university students.


The UK refuses entry to American and European twerps, and does not allow them to influence university students
 
Reading tweet by VoteVets


They are not pleased by Trump's Memorial Day tweet.

"This is the most inappropriate #MemorialDay comment that a @POTUS has ever made."

I continued to read, and VoteVets pointed out the attacks made on Tammy Baldwin.

It seems that Wisconsin newspapers carried fact checking, about inaccurately stated, and misleading claims made against her.

As of April 23, 2018, more than $10 million had been spent by conservative groups buying ads opposing Baldwin or supporting one of her two main Republican rivals, management consultant Kevin Nicholson and longtime ALEC legislator and State Senator Leah Vukmir. In contrast, just over $1 million has been spent supporting Baldwin or attacking her opponents. The PACs and dark money "issue ad" groups trying to unseat Baldwin are connected to some of the most powerful right-wing donors in the country, including Richard Uihlein, Robert Mercer and the billionaire industrialist Koch brothers.

The biggest outside spender in the Wisconsin senate race to date is industrial supply magnate Richard Uihlein, owner of the shipping supply firm Uihlein Corp. Uihlein single-handedly turned little-known veteran Kevin Nicholson into a major threat to Baldwin's seat. Uihlein's "Restoration PAC," a federal Super PAC, has spent $541,374 against Baldwin and $2,502,268 supporting Nicholson. Uihlein has bankrolled Restoration PAC with $4,225,000 through February 2018.

His "America's PAC" has spent $2,621,565 supporting Nicholson as well as $703,500 opposing Baldwin.

https://www.prwatch.org/news/2018/0...ods-wisconsin-attack-us-senator-tammy-baldwin
 
AP Corrects some...


1.) TRUMP: “African-Americans vote for Democrats for the most part. You know, vast majority. They’ve been doing it for over 100 years.” — Nashville rally, Tuesday.


The Facts:

Not 100 years or anything close. Most African-Americans for much of U.S. history were disenfranchised, then prevented from voting until the 1965 Voting Rights Act, which outlawed racial discrimination in voting. Before then, those who could vote mostly backed Republicans until the 1932 election of President Franklin D. Roosevelt, whose New Deal programs of economic relief helped spur a longer-term shift of black support from Republican to Democrat.
____

2.) TRUMP: “Some of these states, I won by 44 points.” — Nashville rally.

The Facts:

Not some. One. He won Wyoming with 70 percent of the vote in 2016, exceeding Hillary Clinton’s 22 percent by nearly 48 points, according to Associated Press election data. His next biggest win came in West Virginia, where he won by 42 points.

Nationwide, Trump lost the popular vote. He garnered 46 percent to Clinton’s 48 percent, but ultimately won the election based on an Electoral College system in which the votes of smaller rural states that generally backed Trump are weighted more heavily than big, Democratic-leaning states such as New York and California.

Under the U.S. system of electing presidents, Electoral College votes are set equal to the number of U.S. representatives in each state plus its two state senators.

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2018/06/02/ap-fact-check-fabrications-of-trump-and-his-critics
 
gsgs comment- I am glad that I do not remember anything about Lisa Lampanelli- I just remember that she has an "unpleasant odor" attached to her. She chose her own path in life.
/end gsgs comment


She went on a tear, despite of where she was, and who was there.

Did she forget a whole audience paid her $100 to be entertained for an hour ?

She has been entertaining crowds, and dealing with hecklers all of her career. Why take exception and let it rip, not use a lifetime's worth of experience and comic resources ? Was professional conduct ever part of her character, or was her stage act, too much a part of her ?


"I’m 56 years old. I’ve been doing this for 30 years," she said. "I don’t need this (expletive)."

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/ente...elli-Meltdown-at-San-Jose-Show-485192831.html

"I hit menopause and also I hit 56 years old and I said, 'really I gotta put up with some guy yelling at me," she said, adding that, "nowadays more and more people are telling women to shut up. So guess who has to be a bigger mouth than ever."

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/ente...elli-Meltdown-at-San-Jose-Show-485192831.html



According to NBC Bay Area, a man directed some comments at Lampanelli, which caused a confrontation between the two. It escalated when, as TMZ reports, the man attempted to hand her a $100 bill to "shut the f— up."

It didn't end there. Before directing ire at the audience she insulted the lighting engineer from the stage:

"When did a f—ing tell you to leave those f—ing lights on? I said it and I f—ing mean it, you f—ing moron."

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/San-Jose-lisa-lampanelli-city-national-civic-12987983.php

She turned on her audience.

WTF ?

Flying off the handle.
 
Ana Navarro says a plant would make a better president than Trump in hilarious CNN segment

“Donald Trump broke the mold, he broke out of the box. You don’t necessarily need experience to win the presidency,” Navarro said. “We’re seeing the name Howard Schultz, Mark Cuban, and Oprah. It’s opened up the box for people who are not typical politicians.”

Navarro ended by saying that anybody would be better than President Trump even if that thing is a potted plant.

“Frankly, at this point I would vote for a potted plant over Donald Trump if that potted plant was the nominee,” she said.

"Ficus-Violet 2020!"
 
audreyII_feat.jpg
 
Throughout our history the United States of America has used the separation of families as a means of controlling people of color. Whether during Indian removal, the slave trade, Western Expansion, Internment Camps, Indian boarding schools or in immigration detention centers today - the U.S. government has been stealing babies from their mother’s breasts for nearly 250 years. It is who we are. It's what our government does.


But it's not who we have to be.


The first step towards change is acknowledging we have a problem. So while this may be who we are, it is not who we have to continue to be. But that is a decision we have to make together, both intentionally and collectively.
Our systemic injustice, racism, and implicit bias of white supremacy are not partisan problems. It's a collective problem.

And the solution is not for Democrats to be better Democrats. Nor will anything be solved if Republicans can be better Republicans. Instead, we need to call upon all Americans to be better humans.

https://www.indianz.com/News/2018/06/18/mark-charles-separating-families-of-colo.asp
 
Mexico, Canada, and Cuba are our neighbors. Trump has slapped them all in the face. FFS, Trump sent goons to collect material for propaganda. The goons were waiting on a beach in Canada to entrap unsuspecting Canadians to step across an invisible Border Line. They seized one! A visitor from France. They kept the unfortunate young woman for weeks. When you jog on a beach, you do not expect to be arrested for illegally entering the United States.


Jogging While Canadian

Cedella Roman, 19, who is mixed race, was apprehended by US border patrol guards in White Rock, near Vancouver, after illegally entering the country

Sent to a detention centre 125 miles away and held for two weeks before being released.

She said she had not seen any signs marking the border as she ran along the beach before she went down a path to take a photo of the setting sun, when two male officers arrested her


She was then transferred to a detention centre in Tacoma, a Department of Homeland Security holding facility, 125 miles south of where she first encountered the officers


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...anada-border-detained-two-weeks-a8413141.html


Trump's administration will now have inflated numbers to present! Look! Invasions from Canada have increased!

Just as Republicans voted illegally to inflate numbers, to prove that there were illegal voters skewing the vote. Republicans claimed they had justification restricting the vote.


After a long process, wasted tax payer money, and experts digging through the haystack for these imaginary needles, the conclusion was -

Debunked

Where did Massachusetts Bill Weld, go ?


June 4, 2016

Former Republican Governor of Democratic Massholes, Bill Weld, has had his 70th birthday


Why did he go to Orlando, Florida ? Disneyland with grandchildren ?

In August, 1996, Weld and friend dove together into the Charles River, in Boston, to celebrate the passage of the Rivers Protection Act, which placed restrictions on the use of land alongside some nine thousand miles of rivers across the state.

During his long career, Weld has often projected a sense that he acts on principle, without regard for the consequences. In the early nineteen-seventies, as a counsel with the House Judiciary Committee, he worked on the impeachment of his own party’s President. A few years later, as a U.S. Attorney, he tried to take down the mayor of Boston. In 1988, he resigned from a position in the Justice Department in protest against Ed Meese, who was then the Attorney General. At the 1996 Republican National Convention, he fought a losing battle to remove pro-life language from the Party platform. In 2008, he endorsed Barack Obama for President. And now, at age seventy, he’s joined the Presidential ticket of a party to which he’s never belonged.

Weld is hardly a perfect fit for the Libertarian Party. (In fact, he barely won the Party’s Vice-Presidential nomination, garnering just 50.5 per cent of delegate votes on the second ballot.) His brand of New England Republicanism, now nearly defunct, fully accepts that government has a role to play in the pursuit of the common good. And whereas the Libertarian Party has come to embrace criminal-justice reform and drug legalization, Weld, the hard-nosed former prosecutor, once called himself Attila the Hun on crime issues, and as governor pushed for mandatory minimum sentencing for drug crimes. Other sins, from the Libertarian perspective, can be attributed to the unavoidable realities of Massachusetts politics. As governor, Weld oversaw a growing state budget and supported a ban on assault weapons.


https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/bill-welds-libertarian-conversion




June 24, 2018


George Will wrote this article-

This,” exclaimed Margaret Thatcher, thumping Friedrich Hayek’s 500-page tome “The Constitution of Liberty” on a table in front of some Conservative Party colleagues, “is what we believe.” It also is what Bill Weld believes, which is why he aspires to be the Libertarian Party’s 2020 presidential candidate.

Bill Weld, who majored in classics, took philosophy classes from Robert Nozick, whose “Anarchy, State and Utopia,” a canonical text of libertarianism, argues that “the minimal state is inspiring as well as right.” Weld served in Ronald Reagan’s administration for seven years, five years as U.S. attorney for Massachusetts. He was recommended for this position by then-Associate U.S. Attorney General Rudy Giuliani, which was not Weld’s fault. Next, Weld was head of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division. There he brought from San Francisco, as his replacement in Massachusetts, a man “who might be the straightest guy I’ve ever met,” Robert Mueller.


If in autumn 2020 voters face a second consecutive repulsive choice, there will be running room between the two deplorables. Because of its 2016 efforts, the Libertarian Party will automatically be on 39 states’ ballots this fall and has a sufficient infantry of volunteers to secure ballot access in another nine.



So, if the Libertarian Party is willing, 2020’s politics could have an ingredient recently missing from presidential politics: fun. And maybe a serious disruption of the party duopoly that increasing millions find annoying. Stranger things have happened, as a glance across Lafayette Square confirms.


http://www.miningjournal.net/opinion/columns/2018/06/can-bill weld-restore-conservatism/
 
This week's Guardian cartoon- Trump screaming the word "cry-babies," outside the chain link fence of a prison yard, filled with toddlers and babies, in the American desert


26 Jun 2018


Kathy Griffin


Sauntering on to the stage in a version of Melania Trump’s “I really don’t care” jacket (this one said “I do really care”), Griffin seemed thrilled to be performing just a couple blocks south of Trump’s midtown Manhattan tower to explain how her career was temporarily torpedoed because of an ill-conceived photo op.


“I am the mayor of Zero Fucksville,” Griffin said with a grin. “Welcome to my town!”


https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2018/jun/26/kathy-griffin-trump-standup-tour-radio-city

6/27/2018

"That picture is completely covered by the First Amendment, by the way!" Griffin told the audience, who erupted in cheers.

"You know how they say there's no such thing as bad publicity?" Griffin asked. "Actually, there is."



Becoming an unlikely figurehead of the resistance seems to be a role that suits her.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...back-a-vengeance-laugh-your-head-tour-1123596


O Decapitation! My Decapitation!: The Bittersweet Art Of Kathy Griffin


Griffin allowed that the potentially career-ending kerfuffle scared the shit out of her, becoming most vulnerable when recounting the fact that even her sister, who lay on her deathbed, received death threats from Trumpanzees every day until the end of her days.


Jim Carrey. Carrey, now known for his outsider-art tweets depicting the dire straits of Trumpdom, contacted her when she was crying in a ball on the floor, reminding her that the peak of her scandal made her the most famous comic in the world, and urging her to tell her story and find the funny in it.



https://epeak.in/2018/06/27/o-decapitation-my-decapitation-the-bittersweet-art-of-kathy-griffin/
 
Jarrod Ramos killed people at a newspaper office.


Yes, another mass murder.

Investigators said the suspect, armed with a shotgun, entered the Capital Gazette office and deployed smoke grenades. The suspect then opened fire, killing five people and gravely wounding several others in what authorities called a "targeted attack."

Raw Story dot com

Thursday evening, federal and local law enforcement officials blocked off with crime-scene tape the Laurel apartment complex listed as the address for Ramos, whose dispute with the Capital began in July 2011 when a columnist at the paper covered a criminal harassment case against him. In 2012, Ramos brought a defamation suit against the columnist and the paper’s former editor and publisher, but Maryland’s second-highest court upheld in 2015 a ruling in favor of the Capital and a former reporter who were accused by Ramos of defamation.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/annapolis/bs-md-gazette-shooting-20180628-story.html

Was this personal, political, or deranged ? How about all three ?



Capital-Gazette runs multiple papers out of the Annapolis office:
- The Capital (daily, Annapolis)
- Md Gazette (2x/wk, northern Anne Arundel)
- Bowie Blade-News (weekly)
- Crofton-West County News (weekly)
- Capital Style (magazine)


Five people are dead and at least three others were “gravely” wounded in a shooting at the Capital Gazette newspaper in Annapolis, Md., officials announced at a news conference Thursday afternoon.


https://wamu.org/story/18/06/28/active-shooter-at-maryland-newspaper/


Vester Lee Flanagan II aged out of the system. Pretty, young Alison Parker would attract a new demographic to the TV station. Adam Ward, 27, and Alison, two peas in a pod. White privilege did not protect them from murder.

(Her dad fought for less, guns. Not a fan of the NRA)

Vester did his job, and did it well, despite everything. He worked as a reporter in Florida until it became intolerable. He tried to fight to get justice, but the system did not care about him. He brought that frustration to his new job in Virginia. In 2015, he did not have the face and figure to charm viewers on looks, alone. Virginia has the same problems as Florida.


(Vester, 41 years old, gay, and black.)

Vester read, and watched the story a young man that killed a trusting, welcoming, church-full of God-fearing Christians, in a public strike against members of the non-White minority communities, a boy convinced by propaganda, killed them. In support of White Supremacists.

Vester lost his mind, and self control.

Vester fucked up, but the system fucked up, too.

He should have been seeking counseling. In a better system he should have been granted a sabbatical, and room to regroup. He had value, he should have had support. Where the fuck was help for him, before he went completely off the rails ?


Endless list of murders of young minority men, at the hands of police. Brutal treatment of minority protesters. Evidence of balancing the expense of white privilege on the backs of minority communities, Utter corruption, complete injustice.

2015 Trump crowing on the dungheap of racism, sexism, homophobia. Using dogwhistles to promise support for White Supremacy, and to remove every law that gave protection to protected classes.

Vester, a mirror image to the boy that was mislead, and chose wrong.

August 26, 2015


Vester killed, and killed himself.

The boy remained convinced that the mass murder he committed was a political act.

The message pounded home, was that minority lives have lesser value than white lives, or no value, when compared to white lives.

2018 and more white men are killing to support White Supremacists.

They walk away from mass murder, alive and physically well. Anyone welcomed into the arms of racist White Supremacist cults cannot be said to be well, mentally.
 
Ramos was caught, convicted, and sentenced

Five days later, according to the unreported opinion, the Capitol Gazette’s Eric Hartley wrote about the case, in an article entitled “Jarrod wants to be your friend.”

The defamation case file contains the article in full, but essentially, Ramos reconnected with a classmate on Facebook who barely remembered him from high school, then proceeded to harass her like a creepy criminal.

Authorities insist the attack was aimed at the Capital Gazette, not the media writ large.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...al-harassment-then-sued-paper-for-covering-it

Red flag- get counseling

Do not take a step that you know is too far
 
JUNE 28, 2018

Alley, a former Los Angeles County cop who pummeled Crawford’s face, essentially won the trial after Carter allowed testimony claiming the defense lawyer had called a woman the “C” word.

The overwhelmingly female jury, several of whom admitted a bias toward police before they were selected, gave Alley a $250,000 verdict.


But over the objections of private lawyers representing Alley at taxpayer expense, the judge agreed with Jerry Steering, Crawford’s counsel, that allowing the jury to hear that testimony was the inflammatory equivalent of introducing the “N” word to a majority African American jury or the “K” word to a largely Jewish panel.


This specific form of bias evidence—evidence suggesting that Crawford called women prosecutors cunts—tends primarily to show bias against women rather than bias specifically against law enforcement.”

Noting his belief that the testimony created an “extreme prejudicial effect on jurors,” he vacated their verdict and ordered a new trial.

Norman Watkins, who represented Alley, unsuccessfully argued that the jury’s finding were “reasonable.”


https://www.ocweekly.com/federal-judge-said-the-c-word-wrecked-california-trial/


Federal Judge Said the “C” Word Wrecked California Trial

R. SCOTT MOXLEY

JUNE 28, 2018
 
Once again the feeling of coming in in the middle of the reel. Who's Crawford?
 
Speaking of debris, another ambassador resigned today.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44665862

The US ambassador to Estonia is resigning, reportedly in frustration at remarks made by President Donald Trump about America's European allies.

James D Melville revealed in a Facebook post that Mr Trump's comments had brought forward his decision to retire, Foreign Policy magazine reported.

The US president has imposed trade tariffs on some EU industries and strongly criticised Nato allies.

Other US diplomats have also left their posts early in recent months.

In January, US ambassador to Panama John Feeley resigned saying he was no longer able to serve under President Trump.

A month earlier, Elizabeth Shackelford resigned from her post in Nairobi where she worked for the US mission to Somalia.
 
July 6, 2018

Why is Trump so afraid of the Russian Pee Tape ? FFS, it is just a perverted sex tape. Is it because he is unattractive when naked ? Is it because his penis is under-sized ? Is it because Trump is secretly a submissive ?

( It would not be unexpected if he "topped from the bottom." )



June 29, 2018

It seems that an empire with a military that costs over $600 billion annually and a GDP that's larger, $19 Trillion, than two continents—South America and Africa—combined, is being undone by a pee tape.

The Hill takes notice of what Trump is doing to America

July 6, 2018


Fox Business Network host Dagen McDowell said on Friday that conservatives would be “shouting to the high heavens” if former President Obama had implemented massive tariffs the way President Trump has.

McDowell, speaking on Fox News’s “Outnumbered,” said there has been a lack of criticism for Trump over escalating trade conflicts between the U.S. and other countries.

“If President Obama had pulled what we’ve seen in the last six months, we would be shouting to the high heavens, blowing the roof off this building about how Obama was killing the American farmer,” McDowell said.

Mexico moved forward with its second round of tariffs on Thursday, hitting the U.S. with $3 billion worth of tariffs on agricultural products.


http://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...ump-tariffs-wed-be-shouting-if-obama-did-this


An empire ordered by and orbiting the greenback is exactly what the neo-mercantilist Trump is dismantling at this moment.

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2018/07/06/28786032/the-pee-tape-and-the-fall-of-an-empire


James Gleick

@JamesGleick
Explain to your 2015 self how Russia will manage to install a compliant puppet as America’s president and pull his strings to undermine American influence and values for Putin’s benefit worldwide—and how this will happen before your eyes, with everyone watching.

12:38 PM - Jul 7, 2018

Russia has struck back against the US decision to impose tariffs on foreign steel and aluminium by imposing its own tariffs on US goods, widening a trade spat China has called the “biggest trade war in economic history”.

The move comes after Beijing and Washington imposed tariffs on billions of dollars of each other’s goods on Friday, amid a spiralling dispute over technology and trade practices.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...trump-putin-goods-import-duties-a8434746.html
 
Wait! What if the Blue Fairy isn't real at all, David?

What if she's magic?

The supernatural is the hidden web that unites the universe. Only Orga believe what cannot be seen or measured. It is that oddness that separates our species. Or what if the Blue Fairy is an electronic parasite... that has a reason to haunt the minds of artificial intelligence?


-A.I. Gigolo Joe, speaking to David, the A.I. child substitute


Static electricity/Dry Heat


Although you may be thinking all this is a bit too mystical to buy into and may not believe there is merit in shaking off bad energy after a service, few can deny the fact that people can attract and carry a current of static electricity, sometimes even resulting in a small explosion when something metal is touched. The release of a static charge can be so intense it can actually ignite the fumes of a poorly ventilated gas pump, which is why it is advisable to touch the side of your vehicle before beginning to put gas into your car.



Carrying a charge of static electricity is so common that responsible electronic manufactures require their technicians to wear a grounding strap on their wrist connected to a grounding pole. This ensures the charge of current that may be temporarily residing with them does not arbitrarily move to the electronics and cause damage or malfunctions.

https://www.skininc.com/skinscience/physiology/17969919.html

The reason the earphones are shocking you is because of static electricity build up. It's physics. That's like suing them for the gravity in the work environment causing you to fall down. I would like to suggest that instead you try wear different types of clothes that don't produce so much static (unless you have a specific uniform you have to wear for work). They even have anti-static room sprays and wipes. The dry air in the room is another contributing factor so you could request to have a humidifier in the room. Also, unless you are using the computer and headphones for a work related purpose I doubt you would have much of a case anyways.

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/getting-shocked-from-your-headphones-226483/

Moist Heat/ Sweating in Summer

Body resistance also varies depending on how contact is made with the skin: is it from hand-to-hand, hand-to-foot, foot-to-foot, hand-to-elbow, etc.? Sweat, being rich in salts and minerals, is an excellent conductor of electricity for being a liquid. So is blood, with its similarly high content of conductive chemicals. Thus, contact with a wire made by a sweaty hand or open wound will offer much less resistance to current than contact made by clean, dry skin.

Measuring electrical resistance with a sensitive meter, I measure approximately 1 million ohms of resistance (1 MΩ) between my two hands, holding on to the meter’s metal probes between my fingers. The meter indicates less resistance when I squeeze the probes tightly and more resistance when I hold them loosely. Sitting here at my computer, typing these words, my hands are clean and dry. If I were working in some hot, dirty, industrial environment, the resistance between my hands would likely be much less, presenting less opposition to deadly current, and a greater threat of electrical shock.

https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/direct-current/chpt-3/ohms-law-again/
 
Back
Top