The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Meatless October (I'm not doing it though), and inspired by that I actually googled some statistics on how much meat is consumed on average per year per person. I'm shocked.

215 grams / 7.5 oz? Every day? Seriously? Considering that most people have fish at least once a week and veggie meals at least every now and again, the amout of meat consumed baffles me. I realize that some meat is wasted in large kitchens, like schools and hospitals, but still. Mind blown. All of a sudden I understand a lot better why there are so many laxative ads on TV.
I get ill on meatless diets, a half pound a day seems okay to me. More, once in a while.

I just learned that a dear friend of mine is fighting for his life in the hospital. He has contracted West Nile Virus, there is no cure.

I am sad.

I just learned that a dear friend of mine is fighting for his life in the hospital. He has contracted West Nile Virus, there is no cure.

I am sad.

:[ I'm sorry, West Nile is nastynasty >_< I hope he comes through alright! I don't know anything about how humans respond to WNV, but horses can come through it no worse for the wear :)

I am sad.
Not sure I've mentioned it before, but th patented SW Good Vibes Antenna system is contagious - those at whom the antennae are aimed act as repeater antennae, sharing those good vibes with the people around them. Each thought you have of him sends some of your good vibes his way. :rose:

That is serious...

Hoping he'll make it through.

Damn. That sucketh like no other.

I'm sorry, K.
I'll be praying for a miracle.
:rose:

:[ I'm sorry, West Nile is nastynasty >_< I hope he comes through alright! I don't know anything about how humans respond to WNV, but horses can come through it no worse for the wear :)

Not sure I've mentioned it before, but th patented SW Good Vibes Antenna system is contagious - those at whom the antennae are aimed act as repeater antennae, sharing those good vibes with the people around them. Each thought you have of him sends some of your good vibes his way. :rose:

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. He had an artery burst. According to the doctors, in 99% of the population this would result in a heart attack. He was in that lucky 1% in whom it heals itself. He had a stent put in, however, now he has a gallstone and is in massive pain. They can't do surgery for his gall bladder because of the risk from the blood thinners he's on for the stent.

Poor guy. This is the problem with having a lot of friends who are much older than you...and who live too far away to stop by the hospital and visit. :(

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. He had an artery burst. According to the doctors, in 99% of the population this would result in a heart attack. He was in that lucky 1% in whom it heals itself. He had a stent put in, however, now he has a gallstone and is in massive pain. They can't do surgery for his gall bladder because of the risk from the blood thinners he's on for the stent.

Poor guy. This is the problem with having a lot of friends who are much older than you...and who live too far away to stop by the hospital and visit. :(

Oh wow. I had no idea WNV could cause those kinds of problems in humans O_O I really hope he gets well! It's a shame he doesn't have people to surround himself with either :[

Blurt: 3 more job applications out...only one of the positions sounds like my kinda-thing at ALL, but a job is a job and I'm helping animals no matter what :)

I wore my favorite shoes today, they always make me feel extra confident and good about myself.

I was standing at a tram stop and a 40-something man came standing next to me. After a while he started complimenting my shoes. He really, really liked them a lot and wanted to let me know. I thought it was pretty cool, no guy's ever complimented my shoes on a whim before, and I thanked him. He asked where I've bought them and I told him and we made a little chit chat about weather and whatnot.

Then he started talking about the shoes again and went on and on, based on his comments he clearly was some kind of a shoe fetishist. His descriptions got pretty graphic and I started to feel really uncomfortable. I moved a bit further away, but he followed me and kept on rambling about my shoes.

My tram came soon and he didn't come in it, so I escaped the situation unharmed. Except that I feel like my shoes were violated! I definitely didn't feel good and confident wearing the shoes today, but I didn't have time to go home to change (or buy new shoes, for that matter). Instead I felt all day like everyone ogled my shoes and wanted to suck the heels. :(

I don't know if I ever can wear them again. And they really are my favorite pair of shoes. What to do, what to do.

I wore my favorite shoes today, they always make me feel extra confident and good about myself.

I was standing at a tram stop and a 40-something man came standing next to me. After a while he started complimenting my shoes. He really, really liked them a lot and wanted to let me know. I thought it was pretty cool, no guy's ever complimented my shoes on a whim before, and I thanked him. He asked where I've bought them and I told him and we made a little chit chat about weather and whatnot.

Then he started talking about the shoes again and went on and on, based on his comments he clearly was some kind of a shoe fetishist. His descriptions got pretty graphic and I started to feel really uncomfortable. I moved a bit further away, but he followed me and kept on rambling about my shoes.

My tram came soon and he didn't come in it, so I escaped the situation unharmed. Except that I feel like my shoes were violated! I definitely didn't feel good and confident wearing the shoes today, but I didn't have time to go home to change (or buy new shoes, for that matter). Instead I felt all day like everyone ogled my shoes and wanted to suck the heels. :(

I don't know if I ever can wear them again. And they really are my favorite pair of shoes. What to do, what to do.
Next time someone compliments your shoes, say, "Thank you, but you probably should know that the heels are HIV-positive."

Next time someone compliments your shoes, say, "Thank you, but you probably should know that the heels are HIV-positive."

LOL, I'll have to remember that! :D

Lol!

I'm sorry, seela, that's pretty awkward! I hope your shoes weren't too sullied by their experience.

Here it's common knowledge that if someone smiles a lot and/or talks to strangers without calling them cunt or something, they have mental health issues. *nods*

This guy ticked both boxes and I fell right into his trap!

Here it's common knowledge that if someone smiles a lot and/or talks to strangers without calling them cunt or something, they have mental health issues. *nods*

This guy ticked both boxes and I fell right into his trap!

Yah, but you still couldn't have known about his shoe fetish, really. And it'd be rude to totally brush the guy off just because he had mental health issues *nod* Really, you made the best out of the situation, eh?

Yah, but you still couldn't have known about his shoe fetish, really. And it'd be rude to totally brush the guy off just because he had mental health issues *nod* Really, you made the best out of the situation, eh?

I guess. I'm wearing different shoes today, no comments so far. :)

Some where in the midst of the madness I call my schedule, I need to carve out time to update my resume.

I have some really good stuff to add, like "some college" and "dean's list" and some how put in that "projects chosen for future use as examples of exceptional work"

I haven't figure out how to make the old stuff sound better, adding new isn't looking fruitful either. In December I hit my 6 month mark that I'm required to stay because of the tuition reimbursement. By January I have to decide if I want to put in another 6 months. :rolleyes:

Some where in the midst of the madness I call my schedule, I need to carve out time to update my resume.

I have some really good stuff to add, like "some college" and "dean's list" and some how put in that "projects chosen for future use as examples of exceptional work"

I haven't figure out how to make the old stuff sound better, adding new isn't looking fruitful either. In December I hit my 6 month mark that I'm required to stay because of the tuition reimbursement. By January I have to decide if I want to put in another 6 months. :rolleyes:

One way to do something like "make the old stuff sound better" is to reduce the amount of real estate that you devote to the older work record. Instead of providing lots of details, just list the jobs and dates, maybe even combining a few positions:

2001-2004 - Retail Gofer with varying responsibilities - Macy's
2005 - 2006 - Rising Star - McDonald's
2007 - Line Manager responsible for....Achieved or exceeded all goals and bonus qualifiers for 11 straight quarters...managed to avoid being fired on 47 occasions when The Universe demanded that I call my boss a douchebag to his face but I resisted...

It's important to tell the truth in your resume, but even the most hard-line recruiter knows that your most recent experience is most likely the experience that matters the most in showing your capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back