2013 Vincent Price Memorial Death Poetry Challenge

Last edited:
I cant believe when I wrote that I thought it was good......
ok, it has room for improvement. and you've improved a LOT

BUT

it had a solid story, and it didn't bore. that has to be worth something. :cool:

ah, that explains a lot. *goes to look*
ok, not for the challenge and hope it's ok to post this here, A -
one of todski's 'tavvy-tales http://www.literotica.com/p/public-wank-a-tavvy-tale
something to mull over as we attempt the big challenge :eek:

Of course it's ok. Why not? :)

I cant believe when I wrote that I thought it was good......

You started out as a really good storyteller. That is a tremendous advantage. You may not see that but it is!

Of course it's ok. Why not? :)

You started out as a really good storyteller. That is a tremendous advantage. You may not see that but it is!

I understand it a lot more now, but it took a lot of coaching, reading and failing, to get from shit to mediocre ;)

I understand it a lot more now, but it took a lot of coaching, reading and failing, to get from shit to mediocre ;)

I do believe you are one of the fastest learners I've seen here. Must be that old soul thing! And everyone thinks their poems are mediocre--or worse. Doesn't everyone feel that way? It's hard for me to compare what I write favorably to a lot of what I read here, all a matter of perspective I guess. :)

How are your deaths coming along? I'm half dead already.

The rumors of my death poem have been greatly exaggerated. :D

Nada yet. Not even an idea... CharleyH has been whispering in my ear about NanNoWriMo and has me half convinced to do it, so I have been coming up with ideas and notes for a collection of short stories. I still don't know that I'll do that--or do it on the NaNo schedule, but it has occurred to me that I have only five days left to get it together with this poem. :eek:

dead in the water

So I shouldn't chime in with

Mine's two thirds done, and have started a second one just in case I don't like the way the first is going? :D

Have sent tge first on for a quick review from Butters before I finish or scrap.....

So I shouldn't chime in with

Mine's two thirds done, and have started a second one just in case I don't like the way the first is going? :D

Have sent tge first on for a quick review from Butters before I finish or scrap.....
i'll look at it and give you my thoughts tomorrow sometime, tods - what you do with them is up to you but you know where the bin is (for the comments, not your writing :D)

i'll look at it and give you my thoughts tomorrow sometime, tods - what you do with them is up to you but you know where the bin is (for the comments, not your writing :D)

I appreciate that you read anything of mine at all, let alone afford the time to critique and help :)

think I may miss this deadline :) I keep trying to start but nothing is right!
Would you be my partner, Annie? I was thinking it might be interesting to approach a murder or death scene from 2 different viewpoints out of the myriad possibilities relating to a death:
victim/dying person
killer
investigator
Emergency Responder
doctor
undertaker
relative
and so on​
Dash me off a PM or message me on Fb, if you'd like to have a go and we'll figure out who's who and go from there.

eta: If more than one poet finds this interesting, maybe it can turn into a sub-challenge of this Vinnie P Memorial.

Last edited:
sometimes there're just too many possibilities it gets overwhelming.
where to start? :(

annnnd, i've just found where the wordpad is on my new pc, windows8. :rolleyes:
that helps. :eek:

Last edited:
sometimes there're just too many possibilities it gets overwhelming.
where to start? :(

annnnd, i've just found where the wordpad is on my new pc, windows8. :rolleyes:
that helps. :eek:

I think this is a difficult topic to get a handle on. You can be funny or sardonic but that only goes so far. If you try to approach it with any gravitas it becomes really easy to slip into platitudes. I have a poem about three-quarters done, but I've been struggling with it for days and that's unusual for me. I am determined to work through my concerns and get a decent poem written. I hope. :eek:

If you don't have a word-processing program on your new computer (I don't on my son's borrowed old laptop that I'm using till I can afford a new one), Google Drive's word processing program is free and great. Very easy and user-friendly.

I do believe you are one of the fastest learners I've seen here. Must be that old soul thing! And everyone thinks their poems are mediocre--or worse. Doesn't everyone feel that way? It's hard for me to compare what I write favorably to a lot of what I read here, all a matter of perspective I guess. :)

Thank you Angeline, I think you praise me a little more than I may justly deserve, but I appreciate it none the less :)

by the way my smugness at almost being complete has fallen apart around me as I desperately try to rewrite hahahaha

Thank you Angeline, I think you praise me a little more than I may justly deserve, but I appreciate it none the less :)

by the way my smugness at almost being complete has fallen apart around me as I desperately try to rewrite hahahaha

I *think* I'm done but not sure. I have to go back and reread over the next few days. Maybe I just made a frankenpoem and if so I hope it is as smooth as the one you poets put together. I'll see if I still like it tomorrow lol.

In the meantime here is some obligatory Halloween foolishness. :D

wickedwitch.gif

I *think* I'm done but not sure. I have to go back and reread over the next few days. Maybe I just made a frankenpoem and if so I hope it is as smooth as the one you poets put together. I'll see if I still like it tomorrow lol.

In the meantime here is some obligatory Halloween foolishness. :D

wickedwitch.gif

she's obviously got one of those vibrating broomsticks :D

Back