Best way to insert a butt plug?

Sedah

Virgin
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Posts
25
So we've picked up a butt plug, having heard that wearing one before anal play makes things go easier. So far, we've had fun with it, trying to get it all the way in, and find that the act of trying does have a loosening effect. However, we've been unable to get it all the way in! We're using plenty of lube, so it doesn't feel like its a friction problem; just that the hole feels like it can only stretch so far. Are there any techniques or approaches that are recommended for getting these things in to the proper depth?
 
have your SO give you a hicky on your asshole then plunge it in!@
 
Besides lube, what are you doing for arousal, relaxation and gentle stretching prior to trying to insert the plug?

Is the plug an average size (i.e., approximately the length and girth of an average cock or smaller), or is it gigantic?

Is the receiver bearing down (like for a bowel movement) while you're attempting penetration? In a similar vein, has s/he tried to contract and relax those muscles many times before you get to the plug, while you're working on arousal and relaxation?

Have you tried adding one or more forms of pleasure (e.g. clit or cock stimulation with a hand or vibe) while you're attempting penetration? Pleasure and "distraction" can often help.

All in all, it sounds like the receiver is too tense, so you'll need to try things to counter that, including more foreplay, stretching, arousal, working the sphincter muscles, pleasurable distraction, and possibly even more lube. Also, stop immediately if there's any discomfort; you don't want it to become a vicious cycle where the receiver tenses up due to anticipatory discomfort/pain and/or can't relax in the first place because they're concerned it'll be painful or won't work.

Take the pressure off and take your time, too. With enough experimentation, you'll get there eventually.
 
With my tongue firmly planted in my cheek I must say the obvious.

You stick it up your ass.

:):D:devil:
 
With my tongue firmly planted in my cheek I must say the obvious.

You stick it up your ass.

:):D:devil:

You beat me to it. :D

bone is quite right. Not only is swallowing the plug and waiting for it to come through from the other side tediously slow, it also poses a choking hazard if it goes down the wrong way.
 
Remember to control your breathing. The anus naturally relaxes on inspiration and contracts on expiration so take lots of long slow deep breaths in. It's a reflex that helps you to not shit yourself on sneezing.

Also works for constipation ;)
 
The anus naturally relaxes on inspiration and contracts on expiration so take lots of long slow deep breaths in. It's a reflex that helps you to not shit yourself on sneezing.

I'll be honest, I got an image of what could happen if you didn't have this reflex, and it made me chuckle for a minute or so. AHCHFLOOPTPTPTT!:D

But yeah, as others have said, relax, lube, take your time, pointy end first, etc.
 
So we've picked up a butt plug, having heard that wearing one before anal play makes things go easier. So far, we've had fun with it, trying to get it all the way in, and find that the act of trying does have a loosening effect. However, we've been unable to get it all the way in! We're using plenty of lube, so it doesn't feel like its a friction problem; just that the hole feels like it can only stretch so far. Are there any techniques or approaches that are recommended for getting these things in to the proper depth?

S-L-O-W-L-Y
 
Copious amounts of lube, patience and relaxing. I find it easier ifi have an orgasm of any kind first, then start working on the anal side.
 
I'm in agreement with all the serious replies above. One other thing, though, is that you can get "trainer plugs" in a series of sizes, and start with the small one and work up over a period of time.
 
We've been using what is probably a relatively small one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LQKAUI

The problem I run into with stimulation is that it tends to cause some muscular twitches in my penis, which causes my anus to contract, which actually caused the nearly-fully-inserted and lubed plug to come flying out a high speed :\
 
Having used butt plugs on both myself and my wife, here's what works or us:
1-buy two butt plugs. one smaller (kind of a 'trainer butt plug') and then a larger one.
2-a glass of wine can help the recipient loosen up.
3-start with a finger and lots of lube. push a finger in slowly and move it around until your partner relaxes. we've found that moving your finger around in an ever widening, circular motion is very helpful.
4-try two and then three fingers.
5-try the 'trainer/starter' butt plug.
6-once your partner gets used to the small butt plug pull it out and either lube up the larger one and try inserting it or go with two and then three fingers.
7-add more lube.
8-slowly push the larger butt plug in.
9-the way a butt plug is designed it's got a larger/wider section right near the base. it's designed not to fall out. so, you have to take a deep breath, maybe another glass of wine, and then push it in.
10-voila!
 
A helpful tip.

Order a Lube Launcher from Amazon.com sex toy department. Its under $5.00. Its a small pencil size syringe that allows you to shoot lube up inside the rectum. It makes penetration and anal sex much easier and more enjoyable.
 
You beat me to it. :D

bone is quite right. Not only is swallowing the plug and waiting for it to come through from the other side tediously slow, it also poses a choking hazard if it goes down the wrong way.

Lol genius! :D
 
Back
Top