Zombie Survival Game [OOC]

SurrealObsession

Really Experienced
Joined
Oct 28, 2012
Posts
136
Zombie Survival Game, Anyone?

Alright, so I know a lot of people expressed interest in a zombie horror game, but were disappointed when it turned out to be action rather than a traditional post-apocalypse survival scenario. So I thought I would open up a thread dedicated to find people interested in starting a new one.

A few things to clear up, first:

1. We are looking for survival, specifically. Sure, there is going to be some action (as in zombie killing, and maybe running into other people and having to fight for survival). But it isn't a heavy artillery, ass kicking, blowing shit up kind of thing. Mostly, our people are going to be trying to stay alive, and there isn't much chance that anyone in the group is a total badass who can kill a zombie with a toothpick. Ya dig?

2. The game will start at the beginning of the crisis, when people are just beginning to turn. It will follow the modern-day outbreak theme, rather than anything old fashioned like a chemical waste affecting graveyards. So expect some kind of viral or biological warfare related explanation that led to the end-of-world event.

3. People can start anywhere, and write their own lines until we each intersect, whenever you choose that to be. Maybe they are multiple groups, pairings or survivors that end up finding one another over time and make a large group. Who knows? We can figure that out later.

4. Let's aim for as much realism as possible, for a game about undead flesh eaters trying to sate a constant hunger that will never abate. M'kay? Sure, it is zombies, but that doesn't mean we can't try to act like people in a situation like that actually would.

OK, so if anyone is interested, post here. We can come up with an actual plot, characters and general rules for the game. Everything stated above is based on the general consensus that seemed to have developed prior to the last zombie attempt on this board falling apart. Hopefully, it meets with gamer approval.

Let's RP!
 
Last edited:
The Beginning

The sun rose above the eastern horizon with a flash of brilliance as its light reflected off the tall glass buildings of the forbidden city. Mick pulled the blanket over his eyes to prevent vision blindness and cursed beneath his breath. "Damn Sol still burning, still killing." he yelled as if millions would hear him. Old Mother Earth lost her protective shield and the suns rays were working their evil magic, the unseen killer, tormenting man, animal, monsters and fauna taking their essence of life slowly. He had heard rumors that some people became the walking dead but he had never seen that with his own eyes that is why he was at the edge of the city of glass to see the truth, to know the truth so be it.

He threw his blanket off and stood up surveying the landscape between him and the city. Must be about 3 miles or so to go he thought, an easy trip the terrain was mostly grass pasture and a few rolling hills. He left what few people he knew back in a small town in what was once called Enola, Pennsylvania. A quiet town near the state Capitol but after the collapse of the government and the mighty solar flare that threw his America back into the stone ages life changed rapidly into utter anarchy so he fled Westward to a new beginning despite the rumors of the undead.

Mick picked up his cross bow and slung it over his back, rolled up his sleeping bag and gathered his belongings. Slowly he walked over to his horse slung his roll over its hind quarters and untied its reign from the tree and began his long walk to the city.
 
You know im always up for a good zombie survival roleplay! count me in please :)

Are we posting character descriptions etc here, or going straight into RP and introducing our characters that way?
 
Go ahead and post your characters here. I will open up an IC thread after we have a kind of roll call here, where everyone can start introducing their characters and meshing in with one another as they please.

We will place the opening of the game in, say, Chicago, Illinois, but we can meet up with one another anywhere along the way.
 
Im interested count me in I have been wanting to go a good zombie apocalypse rp. :D
 
The graveyard bong rang out from the grandfather clock indicating that it was midnight. Sapphire orbs watched each letter popping up on the screen to complete words, complete words formed calculated sentences to bring life to the new book that Tom Kain was working on. It was his fifth murder-mystery novel in the past three years. Fingers rapidly tapped upon the keyboard giving life to the idea that was floating deep within his mind. He enjoyed writing that he can, has, and is, spending days to weeks tied to his portable computer.

Leaning back into his old, but still comfortable desk chair he rubbed over his tired eyes. The time of day, now registering to him from the bonging of the grandfather clock brought the fatigue to him. Standing up and stretching his tired, constricted muscles thought his body, he slowly made his way over to the Bay windows that showed the Chicago Downtown lights. It was a beautiful sight to his sore eyes. Rubbing his face and feathering back his raven colored bangs from his eyes, he noticed that there was a lot of flashing lights down on the streets around the circle center of the city He hasn’t been keeping up with the news for several days now since he has been trying to finish this novel. Shrugging his shoulders he turned around, went back to his desk, and began once again typing his letters, words, sentences …
 
9:30am, Eliza had been on the underground, her ipod blocking out all the sounds of the everyday commuters, looking around she noticed the headline on one of the papers, "End of the world..." she read, chuckling to herself she drew her attention back to her playlist, what kind of moos shall we choose... she thought as the train pulled up at the next station.
Grabbing her rucksack she pulled it over her shoulder and walked off the train, the river of people pushing her along. Climbing the stairs her attention was once again drawn to the advertisement boards, something about finding god? is it too late? some people were paranoid she began thinking.
Checking her watch, "Shit." she sighed she was late once more, running a nervous hand through her hair she ran to her job, her boss was going to play hell once more.

It was about 3pm in the afternoon when everyone in her office began crowding around the televisions...peeking over her computer she looked on curiously. Sighing she looked back to her work, everyone had begun talking loudly, grabbing her ipod once more she placed her earphones in and drowned the sound out once more, it seemed these days she could never be left quietly with her thoughts.

5pm the manager had called everyone in the department into a group, Eliza stood at the back vaguely interested in the proceedings, it was probably one of these team building skills...It wasn't till she noticed some worried faces that she realized they were all being told to go home.
Grabbing her rucksack and her keys she shut down the computer and walked out without a glance at anyone, she never spoke to them, didn't need too...

Climbing on to another crowded train she turned her music up once more, maybe tonight would be the night she could finally relax.
 
5 AM: Rolling over in bed, Shane reached out and shoved the alarm clock off the bedside table to quiet the incessant buzzing coming from the speakers. He rolled back over onto his back and stared at the ceiling. The light from outside his apartment window cast a faint glow onto the roof of his apartment. As he lay there his thoughts came out more vocal than he had planned. "Damn life has got to get more exciting than this." He rolled out of bed and jumped in the shower. He got dressed and headed out the door towards the train yard.

4 PM: Shift finally getting ready to wrap up, he saw the other guys come walking across the yard towards the yard shack. "Hey hey guys. Come on down. Your turn to enjoy the exciting life of hanging out at a dead yard. I swear the only thing that's happened in the last month was the two engines running on the same track. Something's gotta give huh?" He began making his way out across the yard headed back home and he turned and called back. "Well I'll see you guys tomorrow unless the world ends right? Haha. We should be so lucky." He walked out of the yard and began making his way across the eight blocks back to his apartment.
 
Back
Top