Your Best Story Of 2012?

BrianCaster

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Aug 19, 2009
Posts
315
and don't forget to share the link too

Those who're daring enough, would like to know the worst piece they wrote
 
An interesting question that made me look at my 2012 stories.

I had thought I hadn't written much that year because of family and community commitments but there were 7.

The best? Depends whether you want my highest rated and none currently have an H, or my own opinion, so I'll mention both.

Highest rated (although that doesn't say much!) Naked Nimue.

My preferred one: Doctor Dee is Dead.

Worst rated: Harem Trousers - written for a specific fetish audience.

Worst in my opinion, probably: Godiva - I had an idea and didn't develop it enough.
 
Last edited:
I had very little last year, unfortunately. I finished one long story and wrote one for the Summer Lovin' context. OTOH, I do think the latter -- King's Bay -- is one of my better efforts.
 
Good question.

Well I guess seeing it placed in a contest this one would be my "most successful"

Ashley's Special gift in group sex

http://www.literotica.com/s/ashleys-special-gift

My most different and one that did better than the contest story was this one

Home is Where The Heart is in Mature. It was my first and only shot at a sweet romance and received over 130 comments and is in the top 20 all time in mature

http://www.literotica.com/s/home-is-where-the-heart-is-1

The one that was the most difficult to wrote was The summer I became Mom's Lover in incest

It was a lot of work because the story was about a father dying of cancer who wanted his son to "take over for him" there was a lot of reluctance on the sons part and it generated some controversy in the comments


http://www.literotica.com/s/the-summer-i-became-moms-lover

Now the one I had the most fun with and was my personal favorite was A Mother's love never dies. also incest

Just a fun premise that I think I put a nice spin on

http://www.literotica.com/s/a-mothers-love-never-dies
 
35 posted stories in 2012

Best rating (until the trolls zeroed in on it) "Picking the First Fruit"

Favorite to write: "Remembering Miles"

Worst: "Lance" (because the subject was so limiting)
 
A tie for R. Richard:

Not A Hero - Jul 2, 2012
In Training - Aug 4, 2012
 
If I could only choose one, I'd have to go with my Earth Day entry Her Sanity Day, a juicy slice of Loving Wives troll bait about how Earth Day inspires a formerly faithful wife to seduce her son's friend. It got 1-bombed out the wazoo and still wound up one of my higher scoring stories.
 
If I could only choose one, I'd have to go with my Earth Day entry Her Sanity Day, a juicy slice of Loving Wives troll bait about how Earth Day inspires a formerly faithful wife to seduce her son's friend. It got 1-bombed out the wazoo and still wound up one of my higher scoring stories.

You lucked out in that since it was a contest entry many of the one bombs were probably swept.
 
Good year for me. Still don't post as many stories as I like, but I had a couple of good ones, toward the end of the year.

Poolboy Benefits - the #1 rated Romance Story on Literotica, and 2nd place contest winner

The Last Boy Scout - Chapters 2 and 4 are the #1 & #2 rated Group Sex stories, by a long shot.

Two Moms, Two Laps, Two Hours - over 3500 votes and 275 favorites, in the last 4 months.

I'm hoping the momentum carries me well into 2013.
 
I started posting in 2012. My series The Lake House Lessons is probably my best, and did well with the readers--here's the link for chapter 1-- The Lake House Lessons 01.

I think my best stand alone story was my Holiday Contest entry, My First Hanukkah.

I've enjoyed writing and getting feedback from readers.
 
My highest-rated story of 2012 was Elizabeth 03. That surprised me, actually, because the heroine's defining characteristic is something that isn't very popular these days...but I guess I struck a chord with those of us who do like it. Elizabeth 02 also dates from 2012 and was a joy to write as well. (Chapter 1 is from 2011 - and I actually started it several years ago but didn't get around to finishing it until then.) But I think my favorite for the year - I've gone back to re-read it myself several times and I still get a kick out if it - is Nobody's Beauty But Mine. The trope I worked with there was a fairly obvious one, but I'm really pleased with the spin I put on it.

My lowest-rated story of the year was Turnabout. No surprise, really, as I knew it was going to rub some people the wrong way. I'm still quite happy with the way it turned out, though. My least-favorite of my stories, and the second-lowest rated, was Old Times' Sake. I wrote it in a hurry, and it was based on a real ex-friend for whom my feelings are still a bit raw to be writing about her, I suppose.


I also need to put in an honorable mention for Three Kisses, One Past. It did just okay in terms of scoring, but I think it got more feedback than all my other stories combined, and most of the feedback was very heartfelt. (And yes, I am working on a sequel as requested!)
 
Last edited:
I submitted eleven stories in 2012.

Of them, my highest rated was 'Acapulco Summer' http://www.literotica.com/s/acapulco-summer

The lowest rated was 'Afternoon in Paris' http://www.literotica.com/s/afternoon-in-paris I admit I needed to take more time with this one. *sigh* I'm thinking of revising it and resubmitting it.

The ones I had the most fun writing were the two I submitted for the 2012 Halloween Contest:

'Dawn's Very Special Halloween Party' http://www.literotica.com/s/dawns-very-special-halloween-party

and 'Halloween Masquerade' http://www.literotica.com/s/halloween-masquerade-2

The readers liked them as well. :D
 
Last year was a little schizophrenic. I managed to get six stories posted in the first seven months of 2012, and then zero for the rest of the year. With any luck, my first story of 2013 should appear sometime next week.

My best performing story of 2012, and probably the best written, was Desperate Measures: The Driver.

My poorest performing story, and also the one I had the most fun writing, was Fallon's Final Fling.
 
Posted only two in 2012 and I believe the lower rated one (Collision) is the better one. But the incest crowd didn't quite like it that much.
 
I never actually published anything in 2012. I published one in November 2011, then took a long break and wrote a long story, the first part of which was published in January 2013.
 
Posted only two in 2012 and I believe the lower rated one (Collision) is the better one. But the incest crowd didn't quite like it that much.

It's too confronting for it to be "lik(ed) that much." But well written - assuming it is only the first part.
 
By ratings? Is that how where judgeing this?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top