Changing Profile Info

I can guarantee from just what I can see on the public side that this isn't "out of the box" software. It's been heavily modded to integrate with the rest of the website and add non-standard features.

One of those integration features is the profile, which is displayed on both the story side and on the forum. It was editable from both locations. It still is from the story side. Those changes aren't reflected on the forum side, and therein lies the linking problem Manu described.

If you think it's simply a matter of retyping the link associated with the profile button on the forum, you're mistaken. My guess is that the profile button has been redirected because the profile editing section on the forum isn't updating or reading the database properly. That could be as simple as failing to connect and generating errors, or as dire as causing database corruption when changes are submitted via the forum.

It's a far deeper infrastructure problem than what you're imagining it to be, and it's happening in software that's already on its way to the junkyard as soon as the new car pulls into the garage.

It's also on software that is completely irrelevant to the majority of the website's visitors. Only the tiniest fraction of them ever come to the forum.

It isn't, and shouldn't be a priority.

Unless you've dealt with rebuilding a website from the ground up and heavily modded forum software, you have no idea how complicated it is to fix those "simple things" and how much it stalls the forward progress of things that are far more important.

WHATS your point??? there are thousands of completely free websites all over the Internet and they all have people who are more than capable of running the website in charge of that. The point that you tried to make holds absolutely no ground, but nice try. There are hundreds and hundreds of people all over this site who are annoyed that nobody gives a shit to fix it when it's such a simple and quick fix. hopefully eventually more capable people will be in charge of running this website, since other websites don't seem to have any issue like this at all, let alone that go on for a month or more LOL. The fact that the website is free automatically means that those who handle fixing issues automatically don't need to be competent? hahaha okay buddy :) lazy ass people

Really ... because we've had a fairly significant bank here not able to fix their upgrade for the last two weeks, so literally tens of thousands of people can't access their actual money. THAT'S a problem.
This is a minor irritation because people you don't pay who probably have actual lives 'aren't capable' of fixing something? It doesn't even affect the basic functionality of the site - you just can't edit your profile.

I can guarantee from just what I can see on the public side that this isn't "out of the box" software. It's been heavily modded to integrate with the rest of the website and add non-standard features.

Modified from standard VBulletin, yes. Heavily, I'm not so sure. Mostly linking to the main site to provide one log-in.

It looks very much like the basic VB package other than some colors. In fact a great many standard VB options are not included here.

I wonder when somebody will choose to restore the completely basic components of this website

Probably the same time they get rid of the CHYOO-related area that us all (I think) locked, & take the replacement CHYOA site & its Forum back from the staff Friedman promised when it was made would not be staff there, & who have (like Trump) joined him in banning/firing the wrong people & promoting butt-kissers (literal & figurative) & inactives, etc.

Just a note that this Web site isn't free of cost to its authors. They are providing the principle product of the Web site--the stories--without pay. The principle product of this Web site has value, which the authors are providing with no cost to--but for the profit of--the owners of the Web site.

For that matter the readers on Literotica are also contributing to the profit of the Web site, as they provide the numbers of hits upon which a Web site's value is based.

Just a note that this Web site isn't free of cost to its authors. They are providing the principle product of the Web site--the stories--without pay. The principle product of this Web site has value, which the authors are providing with no cost to--but for the profit of--the owners of the Web site.

Um ... how exactly are they profiting from your stories?

There are about 70 posts in this thread and many of them are from the same posters. Where are these 'hundreds and hundreds'?

Ummmm the only reason why a couple of us were made aware of this thread is because somebody sent us all a link. But you are pretty blind and ignorant if you don't think there are hundreds of people on this website who have noticed and who are complaining elsewhere, all over different threads in random posts as well as messaging me, people messaging each other. So you think that the only people who are annoyed with it are going to actually post on this thread and anyone who doesnt post here....doesnt mind. Special case of stupid on this website. check in yer brains before ya hit login LMAO

Um ... how exactly are they profiting from your stories?

Again, I can explain it (which I did), but I can't make you understand.

I don't think these people are running this Web site as a charity. I think this is their income. They have a typical business here, turning raw materials into products and marketing them, attracting sponsors taking advantage of the readers coming here, and running a sex toys and vid store here. Guess what the raw materials the business is based on are--that attract the readers that attract advertisers? The stories they are being GIVEN. Unlike most businesses, they don't even have to pay for the raw materials.

Or were you thinking that Laurel and Manu are independently wealthy and running this Web site as a charity?

Or were you just backbiting me?

Ummmm the only reason why a couple of us were made aware of this thread is because somebody sent us all a link. But you are pretty blind and ignorant if you don't think there are hundreds of people on this website who have noticed and who are complaining elsewhere, all over different threads in random posts as well as messaging me, people messaging each other. So you think that the only people who are annoyed with it are going to actually post on this thread and anyone who doesnt post here....doesnt mind. Special case of stupid on this website. check in yer brains before ya hit login LMAO

Tens maybe. I don't think there are hundreds. Most just take whatever they are given.

I do appreciate how you specify that it's "my" stories--and those of other authors here--that you are asking about, seeing as how you are just a parasite here, not providing anything to the Web site.

Likewise, in many of your posts (on Forums; not sure of your specific stories), you are providing (s you claim stories' authors all are) things of no value.

Also, regardless of monetary costs, myself & other readers are spending time to read them, & many stories (admittedly by the same authors repeatedly) wind-up not even being worth the time they take to read, or (in readers' opinions) however-much time they took to write.

Likewise, in many of your posts (on Forums; not sure of your specific stories), you are providing (s you claim stories' authors all are) things of no value.

Also, regardless of monetary costs, myself & other readers are spending time to read them, & many stories (admittedly by the same authors repeatedly) wind-up not even being worth the time they take to read, or (in readers' opinions) however-much time they took to write.

Well, as far as providing product to Literotica, I'll match my 980 stories contributed to feed Web site profit to your zero stories without the slightest apology. Re your claim to read stories here, you even are too lazy to designate any favorites. There's no evidence that you have read any stories here at all and are anything but a parasite drifting through the discussion board contributing zero value here either.

"myself & other readers"? Might I suggest a grammar course? I won't even attempt to decipher that first paragraph of yours.

But, thanks for sharing.

Well, as far as providing product to Literotica, I'll match my 980 stories contributed to feed Web site profit to your zero stories without the slightest apology. Re your claim to read stories here, you even are too lazy to designate any favorites. There's no evidence that you have read any stories here at all and are anything but a parasite drifting through the discussion board contributing zero value here either.

"myself & other readers"? Might I suggest a grammar course? I won't even attempt to decipher that first paragraph of yours.

But, thanks for sharing.

How much time has any member here wasted reading my stories?! None. No need for you to try deciphering my first paragraph, same as there often is no time I prefer to waste reading your stories nor posts.

Also, I've posted many threads that have been liked on the older & newer thread-writing sites (to the point one story-editor was promising me approval before he read any of my threads), but mostly, I write non-erotic fiction that will be published on paper, at which time people will pay something close to what they're worth, whereas everyone reading this has already overpaid for yours.

Quality, not quantity.

How much time has any member here wasted reading my stories?! None. No need for you to try deciphering my first paragraph, same as there often is no time I prefer to waste reading your stories nor posts.

Also, I've posted many threads that have been liked on the older & newer thread-writing sites (to the point one story-editor was promising me approval before he read any of my threads), but mostly, I write non-erotic fiction that will be published on paper, at which time people will pay something close to what they're worth, whereas everyone reading this has already overpaid for yours.

Quality, not quantity.

Bahahaha me using a fuckin & symbol is all the ass hat pulled from what i said. my grammar is just fine. im not writing a damn novel, im conversing with idiots while trying to do so as quickly as possible. and many of the stories are terrible :X

Bahahaha me using a fuckin & symbol is all the ass hat pulled from what i said. my grammar is just fine. im not writing a damn novel, im conversing with idiots while trying to do so as quickly as possible. and many of the stories are terrible :X

So, the takeaway here is that sweetbubblegum and trumpire are the same poster?

Can you take this squabble over profits and who is allegedly more valuable to Lit elsewhere? The point of THIS particular thread is changing profile info. It seems some users have been able to change photos and perhaps profile information while others still cannot. Perhaps it means there is progress. Perhaps if we keep this thread on topic those who are still having problems can get some clarification.

Thanks. :rose:

We're just entertaining you who think that holding your breath for fixes around here will work. :)

We're just entertaining you who think that holding your breath for fixes around here will work. :)

Eh, I just want the last post they see to about the actual request to change profile.

I don't have enough posts to have an avatar so that part matters to me not but I would like to at least be able to add some information to my profile - in case some people do actually read them. ;)

So, the takeaway here is that sweetbubblegum and trumpire are the same poster?

No. The takeaway is what they should do from your ability to post on these Forums in order to improve them the way the profile fix would the site &/or Forums.

I think they should go all Marie Antoinette now and just let us eat cake.

I think they should go all Marie Antoinette now and just let us eat cake.

Colin said that on "Whose Line" last night, & I know it's a famous line & all (can anyone prove she said it? Any cell-phone video or still-living witnesses?), but some of us don't care for cake, &/or it may even be worse for one's health, so... That could've been like declaring war!

Email address.

For months I haven't been able to update my email address for my
story author profile. I'm not getting private feedback and losing friends
and fans. It just seems to ignore the attempted change and give me an
exclamation mark.

My current email for it is long defunct.

For months I haven't been able to update my email address for my
story author profile. I'm not getting private feedback and losing friends
and fans. It just seems to ignore the attempted change and give me an
exclamation mark.

My current email for it is long defunct.

Have you tried sending a PM directly to Laurel or Manu? If not, you might try that.

Back