The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, all.

After three awesome days off, it's back to work for me all weekend - oh ho what fun!

Good morning all. It's getting busy over here.

Greetings, all.

After three awesome days off, it's back to work for me all weekend - oh ho what fun!
Ugh, I never liked working weekends. There was always something so much more fun to do, and it just taunted me.

Hey Willie. Can you pull an extra one out of there for me?

What's happening in my part of the world.
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Rep...ver-Skagit-River-cars-in-water-208758631.html
Well north of where I am, but I did have some friends who either passed over just before this happened and another who was about 5 minutes away from crossing it.

Dear god, I know that bridge well! If I was still in university, or if my niece was at my alma mater, there would be panic going on. Actually, if I was at uni, I'd be taking the long way around through Deception Pass.

Thank goodness the people who went into the river were able to get out safely. That had to be horrifying, realizing you were going off the bridge.

Good morning everyone. Rolf, grande mocha. HP, I don't think this one had a height restriction. According to a witness, if the trailer was in the left lane they would have likely cleared the bridge. But this bridge may.not have had one because it met the "standard" height. But oversized loaded usually have a lead vehicle to make sure it can clear everything. However it sounds like there was not enough lead distance for the truck to stop.

Good morning everyone. Rolf, grande mocha. HP, I don't think this one had a height restriction. According to a witness, if the trailer was in the left lane they would have likely cleared the bridge. But this bridge may.not have had one because it met the "standard" height. But oversized loaded usually have a lead vehicle to make sure it can clear everything. However it sounds like there was not enough lead distance for the truck to stop.

That's rough.
I hope the injured drivers get some compensation and a decent repair job to their cars.

That's rough.
I hope the injured drivers get some compensation and a decent repair job to their cars.

I'm glad too to hear people were able to get out safely.

'Lo guys, 'Lo andy. I too am working tomorrow, 6 am start to go up to mid Wales, so I empathise!

What the? The sun is actually out. Maybe I will get some kayaking in this weekend. Big maybe.

Naoko, anna, HP, got tea steeping for when you get back.

What the? The sun is actually out. Maybe I will get some kayaking in this weekend. Big maybe.

I'm about to retire, so a decaf tea is about the best I can hope for
:)

That's rough.
Insurance being what it is, I'm kind of doubting they'll get much from their own policies, so here's hoping the truck driver and company were well-insured. The cars that went into the river will be totalled. I just hope that agreements can be struck quickly.

No tea for me, but thank you anyway. It was a kind thought.

Ooh, good luck with the kayaking. I hear it's getting cold and rainy back there again. Oh, and Go Mariners!

Insurance being what it is, I'm kind of doubting they'll get much from their own policies, so here's hoping the truck driver and company were well-insured. The cars that went into the river will be totalled. I just hope that agreements can be struck quickly.

No tea for me, but thank you anyway. It was a kind thought.

Ooh, good luck with the kayaking. I hear it's getting cold and rainy back there again. Oh, and Go Mariners!

So far the investigation showed that the truck had all the permits to cross the bridge. Still no word on the lead distance though. Drugs have been ruled out. So far it looks like the trucking company did almost everything correctly. Not as obvious as say the Taylor Bridge wildfires where it was obviously the contractors fault.

No problem, how about a mudslide. ;):kiss:

You got my attention dude. LOL Now to inform the other half that I no longer want a kegorator. :D

Ah, time to relax a bit.
I've done a bit more walking today and not felt quite so tired afterwards.
But a glass of something healing is always worth it.

Rolf; if you would ?

Ah, time to relax a bit.

Rolf; if you would ?

Afternoon HP. Glad that the walk went well for you. Rolf, could I get a light ale as well?

Off to see Star Trek in a couple hours. Naoko, anna, Shea, you coming along too? You should see it too, HP.

Ah, time to relax a bit.

Rolf; if you would ?
It's nice when the body decides to cooperate with longer walks. Of course, it's better when the weather ALSO agrees. :) I'm glad to hear your walk was good, HP.

Afternoon HP. Glad that the walk went well for you. Rolf, could I get a light ale as well?

Off to see Star Trek in a couple hours. Naoko, anna, Shea, you coming along too? You should see it too, HP.
I'm going to have to pass on the movie for now. I have no idea when I'll be able to see it, but I WILL see it.

It's nice when the body decides to cooperate with longer walks. Of course, it's better when the weather ALSO agrees. :) I'm glad to hear your walk was good, HP.

I'm going to have to pass on the movie for now. I have no idea when I'll be able to see it, but I WILL see it.

:( Sorry to hear that. You'll be here in spirit though. ;)

Crank up the juke box and roll up the rugs....it's Saturday night!

:nana:

Now you're talking. Rolf, break out some drinks. *Joins Di on the dance floor*

Man, wouldn't one of those go perfectly in the common room of your average frat house? Of course, @$4K it would have to be a pretty well-off frat house but talk about keeping the boys away from both their studies and the girls!

Nothing that a good fundraiser couldn't accomplish. ;)

Anna, Naoko, Shea; Star Trek was such a bore. Don't bother.......oh who am I kidding, it was awesome! :D:rose::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back