Third gender

MSTarot

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 28, 2012
Posts
1,179
Have in mind a story idea...well more a character idea at the moment looking to flesh him out then will work on the story part. The person is in love with the concept of the 'fop' from the 1700s. A person, usually male but not always, who dressed over the top, with a mixture of both male and female clothing, tons of make up... almost the drag queen of it's time.

But was the deadliest person you would ever encounter. Most were lethal with a sword or knife.

Looking for good info concerning the transgender lifestyle..the third sex movement in England in about 1600-1890. Anything along that line to give me some story ideas and to help me 'find' the character i'm wanting to write.

Thank you storms coming got to go.
 
Just doing a quick look through WorldCat, this book comes up:

Presenting gender :
changing sex in early-modern culture /
Chris Mounsey

2001
English Book 301 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Lewisburg, Pa. : Bucknell University Press ; London ; Cranbury, NJ : Associated University Presses, ; ISBN: 0838754775 (alk. paper) 9780838754771 (alk. paper)

It includes the chapter: The fop, the canting queen and the deferral of gender / Thomas A. King

If you have access to a university library, try using WorldCat. It is literally the best way to find books if you're not specifically sure which book you want. You might also try looking for more by Thomas A. King.
 
Looking for good info concerning the transgender lifestyle..the third sex movement in England in about 1600-1890. Anything along that line to give me some story ideas and to help me 'find' the character i'm wanting to write.

Thank you storms coming got to go.

Not English, but you may want to read up on Julie d'Aubigny/La Maupin if you haven't already. From her Wikipedia page:

In Marseille, d'Aubigny and Serannes gave dueling exhibitions, and sang and told stories in inns. When dueling, d'Aubigny dressed in male clothing but did not conceal her sex, which served to increase interest in her. While in Marseille it is said she joined the music academy of Pierre Gaultier, singing in the theatre under her maiden name.

Eventually, she grew bored of Serannes and became involved with a young lady. When the girl's parents put her away in the Visitandines convent in Avignon, d'Aubigny followed, entering the convent as a novice. There she stole the body of a dead nun, placed it in the bed of her lover and set the room afire to cover their escape. Their affair lasted for three months before the young lady returned to her family.
 
Gotta love a bad ass "Fop"

I have no historical relevance to give to this, but in thinking of your character my gut reaction was picturing Lestat or one of Rice's other borderline androgynous vampires.

although, to me, they were as dangerous as a de-clawed kitten, but we all have our opinions.
 
Several ideas are coming together for this just can't seem to get what I'm wanting in my head.


I know I want him to be a bi-male in his mid to late twenties I want him to be a sensualist. Loves the feel of everything will stop whatever he's doing just to run his hand across something.Bend down to smell a rose.

I'm kind of envisioning him being a cross between Christian Bale from American psycho, Prince Poppycock the singer, and Bruce Lee. Maybe with a bit of Tyrone Powers thrown in.

Modern setting. Bunch of guys go out drinking, pick up some girls at a club,go to a hotel across the street. Only one of the girls is not a girl. They find this out and don't like the fact the real ladies they picked up are laughing at them and start to beat up the 'lady' they picked up. In the parking lot of the hotel maybe.

They don't know someone else from the club has a room there.

Enter the main character. Dressed to the nines, mixture of genders choices as far a clothing styles or maybe of just very effeminate colors. pastels, pinks.

"I saw you at the club... hate to say it your tastes in women are a bit lacking. If you boys were wanting a gang bang on the rough side you should have picked me. I would have been...up...for all you boy have and then some."

One of the drinker comes over with a bat, broken bottle, knife, broom he was about to fuck the 'lady' with I don't know?

"You wait your turn gayboy. We'll get to fucking you next." takes a swing at the main character.

He's only half way through the swing when his arm is hit. The pain stops him short. When he looks down the bones of his arm are stuck through the skin.

Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune do. uses the attackers own attack against them.

"Sorry boys I don't do sloppy second. It's me first or...nothing." calmly takes away the weapon and drops the guy with it.

The friends drop what they are doing and go after him.

Ten seconds later they are all on the ground as well.

He walks over to the 'lady' on the pavement and kneels down. In the distance sirens are coming. He runs a hand up her torn fish nets.

"Love your stockings but...they don't match your eyes at all."

The 'lady' tracks him down the next night to thank him. Ends up in bed, then starts following him around as an almost disciple.

Don' know, yes, no, maybe. Still kicking it around in the back brain.

Got to go to a fish fry. work on this later maybe.

M.S.Tarot
 
I like this except, and this is most likely my own preference.

One liners and running dialogue during a fight, remind me of Spiderman or pretty much any Marvel superhero from the heyday of Lee and Kirby.

I know this character would have flair and style, but I would "feel" him more if when it came to crunch time he was just quick and decisively dangerous.

I have a fight scene I wrote you might take a look at. Its in Siblings with benefits Lex Talionis chapter two. If you read it forgive the grammar, I was pretty new to writing back then.
 
I like this except, and this is most likely my own preference.

One liners and running dialogue during a fight, remind me of Spiderman or pretty much any Marvel superhero from the heyday of Lee and Kirby.

I know this character would have flair and style, but I would "feel" him more if when it came to crunch time he was just quick and decisively dangerous.

I know what you mean and would agree except in this instance. The people he is fighting are drunk. They are not really a challenge for he. He's almost playing. But I do see what your talking about. In a straight up fight he would be cold.

My choice was always Iron Fist. He generally didn't banter with the guys he was breaking into little pieces.

All time favorite though. "Sandman Mystery Theater." Loved the adult feel and themes. It made it a great read.

This is all still just research nothing is set in stone yet. Hell nothings even set in hot marshmallows yet.
 
Back
Top