Okay, so what's your worst work on lit?

lovecraft68

Bad Doggie
In lieu of Slyc_Willie's best work thread I figured why not go the other way.

What story do you have posted here that you feel is your worst? I'm not really talking about what the voters did to it, but your opinion. But if you want to put your "least successful" vote wise you can as well.

What's the one story here that makes you shake your head and say "Did I really do that?"

Mine is an easy choice. My second submission here a foot fetish story called "Allison Scores First"

The grammar sucks and the big thing about it was it was part of an attempt at a novel I had given up on so it starts almost in the middle of a story.

I think the entire thing is weak-although I had a semi decent "game" of wills going on at one point, and in general its just a mess.

I've thought occasionally of pulling it, but decided its worth keeping up there if nothing else than to show myself how I've improved over the last couple of years.

Ironically it has a hot rating and a few decent comments.

My "least successful by score is of course a Loving Wives Tale. "How Do we look, Baby?" unpopular for the sin of writing the woman as the victim and the one to get even in lits "man-town" category.

All of them so far. Theyre all lab experiments to collect info about my fan base, and try out ideas. So if a story collects, say, 1.95, it means my fans are 40% of my readers, and I need to change something to refine the ore even more, cuz I dont want to appeal to everyone.

I'll bite

My story Mario's Big Black Cock is terrible. I wrote it as satire so it's not in my style and a little over the top.

Playing With Mom, Ch. 04 is my worst. I let a shoe store salesman beat the main character to his mom and the readers hated it. They were right.

My lowest score was on My First Jeep. I thought the surprise ending was funny but the readers really hated it. I still think it's funny.

Well yes, incest readers are very protective of the characters mom's. Remember many of them are living vicariously through your character.

My story Mario's Big Black Cock is terrible. I wrote it as satire so it's not in my style and a little over the top.

I gave it 5 stars becuz its written well and put together well and the irony is good. I find nothing wrong with it. THAT SAID! It needs polishing. Because its the right stuff to begin with, it prolly wont take too much elbow grease to adjust this & that for it to be a better hoot. Get a can of Lemon Pledge, and polish it up.

All of them so far. Theyre all lab experiments to collect info about my fan base, and try out ideas. So if a story collects, say, 1.95, it means my fans are 40% of my readers, and I need to change something to refine the ore even more, cuz I dont want to appeal to everyone.

Ha! Not to worry with a 1.95 despite the reads/votes math. Glad you are submitting, though.

Don't think I'll mention my worst since I still enjoy talking with 3113.

"Mystery at the Summer Garden Party" is my claim to shame. I was very excited about this story, but I pushed it out WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too fast for a contest and should have spent an enormous amount of extra time developing basically everything about it. Absolute rush job. Some day this will get a massive rewrite which is something I don't normally believe in once published even on a free site. Once I hear that voice tell me it's done, that's it - it exists as it is without my intrusion anymore. Not for this baby however. :rolleyes:

Sadly, my lowest scoring story is my favorite work even among my non erotica and journalistic writing. I'm really proud of "Once Upon a National Nude Day." I find the pacing and execution in humor writing very difficult and am very happy with how this one came out in the end. Also this is the only story I wrote from start to finish in one sitting in about an hour. I loved the feeling of the words just coming out of me on this one. I'll always remember the high from that writing session.

neat thread LC! Thanks.

Ha! Not to worry with a 1.95 despite the reads/votes math. Glad you are submitting, though.

Don't think I'll mention my worst since I still enjoy talking with 3113.

The scores mean little to me, A. because the mob always prefers AMERICAN IDOL to MASTERPIECE THEATER, B. LIT is a lab to learn what excites readers.

I've deleted a number of my worst but there are still a bunch to delete. Right now I would say My Dearest Doctor.

I also heartily dislike The Spicing it Up series, the second part of The Dinner Party series I started, Watcher in the Woods, Welcome to Florida, Wrong Place in Time and The Snowstorm.

I wrote a lot of crap in a hurry for Survivor one year. :eek:

The scores mean little to me, A. because the mob always prefers AMERICAN IDOL to MASTERPIECE THEATER, B. LIT is a lab to learn what excites readers.

I feel ya. I have some series trends which were largely done as experiments...but my stories are all over the place...different styles, different voices, different trials.

I have so little up here! I have some clunkers on my own site though. Most of it recent. :eek:

I feel ya. I have some series trends which were largely done as experiments...but my stories are all over the place...different styles, different voices, different trials.

Its not like we get paid. So I thought about it and thunk, WHAT THE FUCK! see what makes the day for LW readers.

I have to say my worst work is when I out-clever my readers. Irony, horror and satire are often misinterpreted and/or disliked intensely, so the thumbs go down; as do the scores.

'Mimicry' evidently had a high squick factor that earned it a 4.00 for a Halloween Story Contest.

http://www.literotica.com/s/mimicry

'Afternoon in Paris' starred characters that were introduced in two previous stories and although that was explained in the preamble, the readers missed the connection. 3.89.

http://www.literotica.com/s/afternoon-in-paris

'One Lump Or Two' was an ironic piece for a Valentine's Day Contest. Evidently readers don't appreciate irony on Valentine's Day. 3.70.

http://www.literotica.com/s/one-lump-or-two

'Threadbare' was a Nude Day Contest entry that tanked. This was intended to be satirical. The laughs on me. 3.44

http://www.literotica.com/s/threadbare

and

Most of my contributions to the 'Kismet' Chain Story received only a few votes and a handful of reads. :(

A story that sort of annoys me is actually my most successful.

Home is Where The Heart is was based on a role play I had come up with for my wife and I. She dared me to write it and take a shot at romance.

I made my "name" here in dark bdsm incest and I figured Romance? Okay this will be good. When I was finished I rolled my eyes at how sappy it was and figured it was troll bait.

Its currently top 10 all time in the mature category, but lead to a slew of e-mails busting my balls about how "sweet: it was and aww LC! Remarks. and a ton of "more, more, more," from fans of that type of story.

Damn embarrassing is what it was:eek:

I have to say my worst work is when I out-clever my readers. Irony, horror and satire are often misinterpreted and/or disliked intensely, so the thumbs go down; as do the scores.

'Mimicry' evidently had a high squick factor that earned it a 4.00 for a Halloween Story Contest.

http://www.literotica.com/s/mimicry

'Afternoon in Paris' starred characters that were introduced in two previous stories and although that was explained in the preamble, the readers missed the connection. 3.89.

http://www.literotica.com/s/afternoon-in-paris

'One Lump Or Two' was an ironic piece for a Valentine's Day Contest. Evidently readers don't appreciate irony on Valentine's Day. 3.70.

http://www.literotica.com/s/one-lump-or-two

'Threadbare' was a Nude Day Contest entry that tanked. This was intended to be satirical. The laughs on me. 3.44

http://www.literotica.com/s/threadbare

and

Most of my contributions to the 'Kismet' Chain Story received only a few votes and a handful of reads. :(

Its helpful to remember that half of readers have below average IQs.

Its not like we get paid. So I thought about it and thunk, WHAT THE FUCK! see what makes the day for LW readers.

So what are you shooting for? I think DGHear cracked the code and gets high marks there. It's nothing to get panned in LW and pissing them off doesn't take any effort or talent so any low score data on that count is meaningless. I mean, one guy one bombed me because I forgot to mention a story was a series from the get go, not a one and done. They are irrational.

My story with the worst score is the prologue entry for "Morgan's Genie." It should be noted that in said prologue, nobody gets laid at all.

As a matter of personal opinion, I feel like the worst thing I've written on Lit has been... well... all four chapters of "It's Legal on Other Planets." I'm proud of the humor and characterizations and all that, and I'm more than happy to admit that at its core is a "one guy gets to be with many women" wish-fulfillment fantasy... but hey, it's erotica, right? When is wish fulfillment bad?

But the story was also my first serious experiment with writing in first person, and I've come to decide that I absolute hate that perspective. I wasn't entirely sure where the story would go when I started it, either... which I also don't consider a terrible sin here on Literotica (not getting paid, right?), but that's certainly a drawback for me.

What frustrates me is that "Legal" has more than a few fans who really want the story to continue, but it just doesn't have the same degree of importance for me as many other projects. And it taught me that I hate writing in first person. Did I mention that? Yeah.

Many of my first submissions were little more than stroke stories, filled with over-the-top descriptive sex. But I think what is probably my worst story is this one: Mausoleum.

I wrote it as a hasty submission to a Halloween contest a few years back, and didn't really put that much work into it. The characterizations are minimal, the premise is weak, and the horror spin just simply fell flat. I'm not surprised that, as a contest entry, it only garnered a single comment.

My story with the worst score is the prologue entry for "Morgan's Genie." It should be noted that in said prologue, nobody gets laid at all.

As a matter of personal opinion, I feel like the worst thing I've written on Lit has been... well... all four chapters of "It's Legal on Other Planets." I'm proud of the humor and characterizations and all that, and I'm more than happy to admit that at its core is a "one guy gets to be with many women" wish-fulfillment fantasy... but hey, it's erotica, right? When is wish fulfillment bad?

But the story was also my first serious experiment with writing in first person, and I've come to decide that I absolute hate that perspective. I wasn't entirely sure where the story would go when I started it, either... which I also don't consider a terrible sin here on Literotica (not getting paid, right?), but that's certainly a drawback for me.

What frustrates me is that "Legal" has more than a few fans who really want the story to continue, but it just doesn't have the same degree of importance for me as many other projects. And it taught me that I hate writing in first person. Did I mention that? Yeah.

First person is a love it or hate it point of view for many writers. Personally, I like first person, but for me, it's a "safe" way to tell a story. I feel no obligation to describe the story from anyone else's point of view other than that of the main character. I also feel it's very intimate. But it can get tedious to find ways of starting sentences without "I . . ."

This one isn't so hard.

Bad Heather was purposely written to piss off the reader. It was an entry in a contest I wasn't eligible for, and I wanted to see if I could get a bad score. It was my first below 4.00 story, although somehow, it's been able to drag itself up a little. I felt bad enough about torturing my readers, that I rewrote it as a real story in 2 chapters.

That Damned Valentine's Day Card was another attempt to get under the skin of readers. This time, purposely targeted at the Loving Wifes BTB contingent. Thought it was funny that BTTap figured it out. In the middle of his extensive comment he said this:

It almost seems like the author was going for maximum LW cringe-worthiness in this tale, but dressing it up as this selfless, loving act.

Don't Fear the Reaper was a quickie little story, entered at the last minute for a contest, and it shows. I think it was the poorest written since my first couple of years posting here, when I was still new to writing.

Back