FAQ's - Read Before Posting Help Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello again,

I have another suggestion that I might make as a new comer to the site. I hope this is the right place to post suggestions... if not please delete this message.

On each thread page there is a 'display mode' button which has options under it including 'linear mode' 'hybrid mode' etc. Is there any reason why you can't have 'linear mode (newest first)' and 'linear mode (oldest first)' as options under 'display mode' rather than having to go look for it somewhere in settings?

Just a thought. helps make the site less mystifying to newcomers.

I still can't get my avatar to work.
I've re-sized it to 150 both ways..........what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

dkwalt said:
I still can't get my avatar to work.
I've re-sized it to 150 both ways..........what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Is the image under 15kb? If so, attach it to your next post and maybe we can spot something.

I appear to have lost my posting permissions for my original account "MaiusImperium", I cannot post/create threads, nor can I view my subscribed threads in my user CP. Apologies if I've broken the rules by creating a second account just to ask this question, have I missed something incredibly newbish?

I haven't posted with my account "MaiusImperium" for some months, though I do check the forums using that account frequently (I can still view topics). Is this a common problem? I'm not aware of any rules I may have broken that would warrant the suspension of my original account.

Many thanks for any help you might be able to render. :)

LegioImperator said:
I appear to have lost my posting permissions for my original account "MaiusImperium", I cannot post/create threads, nor can I view my subscribed threads in my user CP. Apologies if I've broken the rules by creating a second account just to ask this question, have I missed something incredibly newbish?

I haven't posted with my account "MaiusImperium" for some months, though I do check the forums using that account frequently (I can still view topics). Is this a common problem? I'm not aware of any rules I may have broken that would warrant the suspension of my original account.

Many thanks for any help you might be able to render. :)
This may be a stupid question, but have you cleared your browser's cookies, temp files/cache, closing your browser, then tried logging in with the MI name and password? What about It's odd that you're able to log in just fine, and your profile and posts are still in tact, but can't post.

At the bottom of most pages, I see a box that shows permissions (Posting Rules). Does yours say the same as this:
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
code is On
HTML code is Off[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of this problem before, but would suggest PMing Manu with the problem if it's really important to you. Sometimes the software/database does weird things, and if all else fails, they may be able to add your posts/registration date/old name (be sure to let Manu know what you'd like to keep from the old account so he can do something for you, if possible) to this new account or a similar compromise. Hopefully it can be fixed for you. :)

Phew! My thanks to you, Erika. Laurel (thanks to you aswell!) pointed me in the right direction, all I needed to do was change my email and get then activate it again. It all works now. :)

Help please

This probably in the FAQs, but I can't find it. A higher tech type would know, but ...

In replying to a post, how do you copy a picture into it from the original post? See it done often, but can't figure it out. Any help much appreciated.

wordlover said:
This probably in the FAQs, but I can't find it. A higher tech type would know, but ...

In replying to a post, how do you copy a picture into it from the original post? See it done often, but can't figure it out. Any help much appreciated.
Quoting the post should do the trick. To do that, just press the quote button on the post in question.

I'll put a picture here to show you in the next post and so you can try it out (to do so, press the quote button on this post):
Springtime%20Jubilee.jpg

SweetErika said:
Quoting the post should do the trick. To do that, just press the quote button on the post in question.

I'll put a picture here to show you in the next post and so you can try it out (to do so, press the quote button on this post):
Springtime%20Jubilee.jpg

Note, you have to quote the ORIGINAL post the picture's in, not a post where someone else has quoted it.

SweetErika said:

Springtime%20Jubilee.jpg

Ok, lets see ...

Hi I joined lit earlier this year...I would like to update details on my biography but I can't seem to get into it. When I log-in to Lit it will never accept my log-in details on the "Member log-in" I always have to go through the forum and there is nowhere on my CP that seems to allow me to change my bio details. (Just my Profile) Does this mean that I do not belong to the Lit members main site ? just to the forum. How do I change this ?...If I try to re-join surely it will lock my username out as already being used ? :confused: I am
Any help would be appreciated...thanks "M"

merlinsapprentice said:
Hi I joined lit earlier this year...I would like to update details on my biography but I can't seem to get into it. When I log-in to Lit it will never accept my log-in details on the "Member log-in" I always have to go through the forum and there is nowhere on my CP that seems to allow me to change my bio details. (Just my Profile) Does this mean that I do not belong to the Lit members main site ? just to the forum. How do I change this ?...If I try to re-join surely it will lock my username out as already being used ? :confused: I am

Are you typing in your username and password for the forums or does it log you in automatically, I can only guess that you have put in the wrong details somewhere. Have you tried requesting a new password?

Last edited:
merlinsapprentice said:
When I log into the forums (I always select the option to stay logged in using cookies) and then go to my member page on the main site ( http://english.literotica.com:81/members/main.php ), I'm automatically logged in there, too. If I changed the Biography section on the forums, it carries over to the main site and vice versa. I think I discovered this when I became an editor, so having something (editor or story/poem submissions) under your name may be necessary, but I kind of doubt that.

If you've read the main site's FAQ, tried the above and quoll's suggestion to no avail, WeirdHarold might be able to figure out what's going on. If he doesn't come by, try PMing him, and failing that, PM Laurel.

SweetErika said:
When I log into the forums (I always select the option to stay logged in using cookies) and then go to my member page on the main site ( http://english.literotica.com:81/members/main.php ), I'm automatically logged in there, too. If I changed the Biography section on the forums, it carries over to the main site and vice versa. I think I discovered this when I became an editor, so having something (editor or story/poem submissions) under your name may be necessary, but I kind of doubt that.

If you've read the main site's FAQ, tried the above and quoll's suggestion to no avail, WeirdHarold might be able to figure out what's going on. If he doesn't come by, try PMing him, and failing that, PM Laurel.

I thought that too at first ( hence the edit ), but it doesn't seem to be necessary.
Forum membership covers the story area too. :confused:

Merlins problem

quoll said:
Are you typing in your username and password for the forums or does it log you in automatically, I can only guess that you have put in the wrong details somewhere. Have you tried requesting a new password?
Hi Quoll,
When I try to log in on the main page Sweet Erica suggested
http://english.literotica.com:81/members/main.php
Nothing happens...it just returns to the same log-in box repeatedly.
I have to type my name into the forum site everytime to log on.
I have changed my password a few times, but it's always been like this ever since I joined. I wasn't too worried because I could always get on....but I can't change details on my biography. I can change avatar, profile pic, signature line....But I guess I'm always going to be the same age, size, sexuality and live in the Uk....I guess one out of 3 aint bad lol.

quoll said:
I thought that too at first ( hence the edit ), but it doesn't seem to be necessary.
Forum membership covers the story area too. :confused:
Hi Sweet erica, thanks for your help.
As explained to Quoll, when I try to log into the main page you suggested, It just keeps reverting to log-in it won't accept me there at all. I then have to scroll down to the bottom of that same page and log into the forum page...that is OK
The cookies thing is interesting...when I log out, it always puts up the message "Cookies Cleared!". Once I log into the forum where will I find the option to "stay logged in using cookies"
The only thing I see on my Biography site on the forum CP is under additional information in the user profile section. But there is nothing there to change regarding age, build, country etc..
If you have anymore ideas on this, please let me know. Otherwise I will try your other suggestions...thankyou :rose: "M"

100 posts, but I want an avatar nooooow.
--
I really wish people still got Simpsons references...

SexyGolem said:
100 posts, but I want an avatar nooooow.
--
I really wish people still got Simpsons references...
Get ye to the playground and join in the games and you'll be there in no time.

picture KB size problem

I've tried to post a response and attach a picture. It is above the 100KB limit. How do I down size the picture. I have Picture It software but haven't found anything about shrinking the KBs. Any suggestions?????

Paul

pdw1234 said:
I've tried to post a response and attach a picture. It is above the 100KB limit. How do I down size the picture. I have Picture It software but haven't found anything about shrinking the KBs. Any suggestions?????

Paul
This page has a lot of info on picture it, HERE the main way to reduce your kb is through compression.
Let us know how you go.

Thanks

Pashaw, the read me pop up would have been a good idea, huh!!

Thanks, Paul

pdw1234 said:
Pashaw, the read me pop up would have been a good idea, huh!!

Thanks, Paul
It's always a last resort having to read the instructions, don't sweat it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back