Where are all the editors

CreativeSpirit0163

Experienced
Joined
Mar 13, 2018
Posts
60
I went to the list of editors and everyone i cluck on says username and password invalid when i try to post to them. If its mine then that is odd because why would it not accept the username and password for my account i am currently signed into this forum with.

Also... have not had a single response to a post here. And as far as i can tell all the other authors looking for editors are striking out as well. What gives.
 
Editors

Editors are hard to find. Most just scour the forums to volunteer I think. I know I do when looking for someone to help. I know many people have written over the issue with the editor's page but there are a lot of dead links there. If you have a story, just post a thread with a description and that seems to help. People want an attention grabber to help.
 
Keep in mind that you are looking for free editorial service. That means editors must volunteer their time. With this they must have time available.
 
Volunteer editors

Doing volunteer editing is time consuming. A story might be anywhere from 15 Microsoft Word pages to 750 Microsoft Word pages. An editor might receive two or three stories on the same day, all different lengths. Some of the stories might require a lot of work while others are eay to edit. An author might have Asperger's or be dyslexic so the story requires more effort to make it a readable story.

Sometimes I come across a story that it's obvious it was not edited. Words are misspelled, there are name inconsistencies, and there are repeated words, not to mention run-on sentences and poor punctuation.

I recommend each writer should have next to their computer an old- fashioned dictionary to look up words they used but are not sure about the spelling. The writer should be aware that Spellcheck only tells the writer if a word is spelled correctly, not if it's the word the writer intended to use. The writer should print out their story then read through it slowly in hopes of catching any errors they have made.
 
The editor list is not very useful. Very out of date.
Much better to get chatting to a few people whose writing you like and are currently active and get them to check and comment on your stuff.
 
Thanks for the replys all. The two that have PMd me have been very generous with their time and i hope to go through the edits and suggestions soon. I hope to complete my work and post in shortly though i may save it for the Summer Contest.
 
Back
Top