How much violence is too much.

Apocalipsa

Virgin
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Posts
2
I recently submitted a story, and it got rejected for being too graphic "snuff". However I've read a lot of stories that have really pushed the line on being really graphic, making me cringe just a little at them (chicks getting gang raped, plotting murder, borderline torture, etc). I wasn't really trying to glorify abuse, but I have an antagonist who is basically one of those. Other than changing it up and making one character enjoy her encounter, which I don't know if I like that idea, and change the fight scene, where he really gets what's coming to him.
 
From what you describe, what you need to get rid of is the snuff, which is a step beyond what you say you've seen in stories that passed into the file.
 
I but how much is too much?

I didn't think it was in the realm of snuff honestly. I could understand if I was cutting heads off with a pocket knife. I'm just trying to figure out where the line is. I mean depending on the reader, anyone could say something is worse than the next person. Horror films and books are pretty gruesome borderline snuff.
 
You need to take this up with site selection editor, Laurel, directly, by PM (private message, upper right margin of this page). Thus far she disagrees with you and her opinion is the only one that counts at Literotica--including your opinion. Your story may, in fact, be OK for Literotica. She only scans them when she selects. But your discussion still can only be with her if you want your story listed at her Web site.
 
Back
Top