Welcome to the Story Ideas Valentine's Contest "story idea" thread.

E

EquinoxRising

Guest
Hello, hello, hello! I see oggbashan has started the Official Authors' Hangout Valentine's Day 2018 Support Thread, so I figured I'd get one rolling over here as well. :)

A reminder of the contest rules: (With FULL contest rules here.)

Please remember, all story submission rules apply.

Valentine's Day
themes: romantic love, Valentine's Day, Cupid, sensuality, etc.
starts: January 19
closes: February 6
winners announced: February 13


So, this thread is a place to brainstorm ideas pertaining to Valentine's Day. Note, any idea that is shared here is "open game" for authors. That's kinda the point of sharing. ;)



Have fun and good luck! :heart:
 
my half baked idea, which I don't have time to write anyway so if can fill in the holes, here it is:

Two college gals* recently turned 18 have first boyfriends. Alice is adventuresome, but Betty is kinda shy,went to convent school. Betty knows her bf will give her a nice V Day gift, not sure what she should give him. So she asks Alice, who says "how about a chocolate covered blowjob?"

"What's that?"Betty replies, barely knowing what a blowjob is, never having given one, let alone chocolate covered.

"Oh, my" thinks Alice who calls over her bf. She takes him in the kitchen, tugs down his pants and pours chocolate sauce all over his rapidly rising cock. Alice then drops to her knees and, never breaking eye contact with Betty, proceeds to demonstrate. After a couple of minutes, she takes her mouth off the organ, looks up at Betty and says, "your turn to practice..."

Hilarity ensues, but no idea of what sort.

*Alice and Betty can be twins if you like extra kink.
 
At the schools I attended in my youth, there were always carnations being sold you could send to people. No one really took it seriously but it seems like a fun idea.

1. Teacher feels bad for a student in her class who is unpopular and bullied so she buys one for them as a "secret admirer" . Only problem is, the student saw her do it and instead of thinking it was an act of pity, thinks the teacher really does want them. The teacher finds in the days leading up to V-day, the student is dressing better and seems to have more confidence.

The teacher also starts getting more and more extravagant gifts. Teacher doesn't put it together until V-day when student meets them before class and shows them reservations for a show they really wanted to go to.

What happens next?

For fun complicating factors:

a. What if teacher is married?
b. The student is a supervillain
c. Student is loaded and their parents essentially own the town.

2. Witch decides to spice things up and enchants the flowers. The person who receives it is fine...but the person who sent it (provided they are over 18) becomes the recipients' devoted slave for the day.

a. She knew a bullied student was going to have hundreds of carnations sent to them to embarrass them. This is to help get some payback.

b. She's been getting harassed and stalked and wants to catch who is doing it. Anyone else who gets effected doesn't matter

c. She hates the idea of secret admirers and wants them to come forward and confess to the target of their affection

For added fun, people who sent or bought carnations from outside of school are also affected.

For example: mom bought carnation for her son, older brother (asked by mom) bought for sister, grandparents for grandkids, step siblings for each other, teacher's kids (who bought friendship or non romantic carnations) for parents, etc.
 
Valentine's Day dressup

what a perfect day to cross-dress with someone you love... could be a gay or lesbian, or even a straight version where the couple decides to spice things up (are they young about to be lovers, nervously exploring, using the dress-up to ease past fears? Or an older couple looking to try something new and break out of a rut?)
 
I've got an idea for a story. It involves a middle aged, divorced mom and a younger, single guy who are tricked into hooking up by the mom's daughter and the guys younger sister. I've got most of the story sorted but now, as usual, I'm stuck on names.
 
I've got an idea for a story. It involves a middle aged, divorced mom and a younger, single guy who are tricked into hooking up by the mom's daughter and the guys younger sister. I've got most of the story sorted but now, as usual, I'm stuck on names.

there are a number of name generator sites, or you can just pick randomly unless you need something special. how about Annie for the Mom; Brad for the guy; Carli for the daughter; Donna for the sister? Or Elizabeth aka Lizzie; Frank; Oliva; and Jasmine?
 
there are a number of name generator sites, or you can just pick randomly unless you need something special. how about Annie for the Mom; Brad for the guy; Carli for the daughter; Donna for the sister? Or Elizabeth aka Lizzie; Frank; Oliva; and Jasmine?

That could work, but I've found that I think up names that better suit the characters if I just think over it for a few days. Trying to generate or push a name doesn't work so well for me. Still, those names are good.
 
In the 90s I think I was the only teenager who owned a Baby Name book. :) I loved it (and still do). It's fun knowing the origin of and name and what it means. Whether the details are added to the story or not doesn't always matter.

So, in example, Caitlin is Irish for pure. One could try other spellings like Caitlyn, Caytlin, Catie, Caitie, etc. It's possible to make a "good girl" character or go the exact opposite. :)

Abigail means father's joy. I think it's English. Ripe for an incest tale, methinks.
 
I got the character names, now I just have to name the story itself. I'm thinking "Unintentional Love" or something like that.
 
In the 90s I think I was the only teenager who owned a Baby Name book. :) I loved it (and still do). It's fun knowing the origin of and name and what it means. Whether the details are added to the story or not doesn't always matter.

So, in example, Caitlin is Irish for pure. One could try other spellings like Caitlyn, Caytlin, Catie, Caitie, etc. It's possible to make a "good girl" character or go the exact opposite. :)

Abigail means father's joy. I think it's English. Ripe for an incest tale, methinks.

I think Abigail is my new favorite girl's name! :rolleyes:
 
Cupid stories are always fun because they allow for a little magic... though, ouch, those arrows can hurt! :heart:
 
suggesting V Day bdsm stories? The red velvet ropes? The chocolate edible ball gag?

Actually, I ran across something where in roman times, the males would go out and kill animals and skin them. Then, they would come back and lash the females backs with the skins. (Not sure if they cleaned them first or tanned them or anything. Didn't sound like it since it all happened on that day.)

They didn't call it "Valentine's" though. That was... um... after St. Valentine(?) In the Age of Bede, I think if I remember right. However, I can't remember what the romans called it.

And no, it wasn't "orgy" since that was eating until you puked in the vomitoriums off the banquet areas...

Anyway, yeah. After reading that, I can't help but think BDSM would fit the holiday more than roses and chocolates and greeting cards and crap.
 
From Feb. 13 to 15, the Romans celebrated the feast of Lupercalia. The men sacrificed a goat and a dog, then whipped women with the hides of the animals they had just slain.

The Roman romantics were drunk and naked. Young women would actually line up for the men to hit them, Lenski says. They believed this would make them fertile.

The brutal fete included a matchmaking lottery, in which young men drew the names of women from a jar. The couple would then be, um, coupled up for the duration of the festival — or longer, if the match was right.
 
From Feb. 13 to 15, the Romans celebrated the feast of Lupercalia. The men sacrificed a goat and a dog, then whipped women with the hides of the animals they had just slain.

The Roman romantics were drunk and naked. Young women would actually line up for the men to hit them, Lenski says. They believed this would make them fertile.

The brutal fete included a matchmaking lottery, in which young men drew the names of women from a jar. The couple would then be, um, coupled up for the duration of the festival — or longer, if the match was right.

mmmm....drunk and naked... a recipe for hilarity
 
Mid Week Mix Up

With V Day on a wednesday this year, maybe the local ski resort offers a special package of skiing and apres ski including drinks, dinner, and a room.

To the shock of management, they are oversold, so the last couples are given an option of sharing a large open concept chalet....
 
Cupcakes

There is something so sensual about baking. Or maybe I'm just watching too much Anna Olsen.

Special V-Day cupcakes might be ordinary, or magical, or spiked with an aphrodisiac.

The scenarios abound.

First, the bakery gal might have a favourite customer that she treats with the special cupcake. hilarity ensues.

But what if he shares it- with a coworker? a platonic friend? a relative?

Second, there is the series where the customer buys the special cupcakes but they end up being eaten by the wrong person(s).

and no doubt there are more...
 
V-Day exhibitionist & voyeur

the lovers are too far apart to spend the day together, so that evening they hookup over skype or Facetime and things get rowdy. Is the twist that someone walks in on one end, or is there somehow a third person (or more) on the call?
 
the lovers are too far apart to spend the day together, so that evening they hookup over skype or Facetime and things get rowdy. Is the twist that someone walks in on one end, or is there somehow a third person (or more) on the call?

the woman has to go out of town for work. In the middle of her hot skype session with her bf, there is a knock on the door - room service with her dinner. She quickly puts on a robe and answers the door. he notices immediately what is going on, even seeing the bf with his cock in his hand on the computer screen. the bf sends her a message.

With a glint in her eye, she allows her robe to fall open, exposing herself to the waiter...
 
the woman has to go out of town for work. In the middle of her hot skype session with her bf, there is a knock on the door - room service with her dinner. She quickly puts on a robe and answers the door. he notices immediately what is going on, even seeing the bf with his cock in his hand on the computer screen. the bf sends her a message.

With a glint in her eye, she allows her robe to fall open, exposing herself to the waiter...

of course under the robe is her black & red racy outfit she was about to model for the bf...
 
Valentine Party Truth or Dare

The challenges would need to be v Day themed & right now, I'm drawing a blank....
 
The challenges would need to be v Day themed & right now, I'm drawing a blank....

Three couples, all very close friends for a few years go out to share a V Day night. They return to one of their homes, a bit tipsy, drinking a little more wine. They start asking some probing questions about attitudes towards sex, what they had done. One guy starts going off on how stupid monogamy is. He is challenged by one of the women - would he want his gf to make out with another guy? He says of course. where does love and lust take us? are we as open minded as we say? does love have no boundaries?

a few couples get together on v day, again, start drinking. One of the guys actually is deeply attracted to one of the other women, and she him, only they are involved with different people. With a little drink they start playing truth or dare. It is all fun, until the two who actually desire one another are dared to kiss - something they have never done before. When they do, it is explosive, full of passion and love. Everyone, including their own partners see the true love the two have for one another. How do their bf and gf deal with it though???
 
The challenges would need to be v Day themed & right now, I'm drawing a blank....

This is actually based off a true story that I had heard, but it took place in highschool so it was more innocent. A bunch of guys got together and put the names of the most attractive girls that they knew in a hat. Each person drew out a name and they had to try and get a date with that girl on valentines day.

I'm thinking of a more adult version, where the guys determine the winner by how kinky the time that the guy has with the girl he receives. I won't bother with more specifics but you get the idea. Plus you could follow multiple people, or a guy could video the whole thing as evidence. Or a beautiful innocent girl could end up being a total masochist or something like that. There are a lot of options.
 
Ech. What do I know from romantical?

I've been pecking away at one idea or another since sometime in early December. And with the exception of one that I ended up trashing anyway, just haven't gotten too far on any of the round dozen ideas I had.

1) Sweetheart and Beau of the Stockshow. A long time ago in high school, I remember going to a stock show during the week when VD fell. It wasn't any big deal for me as I didn't have (didn't have time for) a girlfriend. About the only thing I can remember is a group of us hitting the hotel pool around 11:30 on 02/14. (It was about 20 degrees Fahrenheit and an outdoor pool. :eek:) But, it got me to thinking "what if" and incorporating an end of show shindig where the Beau and Sweetheart were voted on. And got a pair of belt buckles instead of a tiara and crown. <- The one I actually finished and tossed and drug out of the recycle bin to see if I could fix and tossed again about twelve or thirteen times now.

2) The mother of an eighteen year old asked a thirty-six year old (who was actually interested in forty-four yoa Mom) to take her daughter out on her first date. On Valentine's.

3) Eighteen year old snot nose (geek turned football stud) looks up his old babysitter (now 24) to ask her to be his date.

4) An ill conceived evening with a guy hanging out with 12 confirmed lesbians (six couples). (as friends!) And getting a bit of a show he hadn't counted on. But, nothing more than a show.

5) Sis tries to get brother together with bff. Has more than a bit of "a thing" for each of them. No actual incest in my attempt, but a whole lot of "oh, my God, I've got to jill off just thinking about it!"

6) A real life retelling of my loss of my wife this past year and flashing back across our years together as the holiday looms. (Chickened out as it was too painful.)

7) Grumpy old bachelor living next door to a widow woman (who must have been a cheerleader in a former life since she's got far too much pep for his taste).

8) Tried to revisit the hoary old chestnut of the love triangle where the best friend (female) is in love with dumbass who is head over heels in lust with the most popular girl in school (and has no clue his old friend has a case of the swamp crotch for him) and tries to help him win her, all the while pining for him. Of course, dumbass realizes his mistake just in time to get together with buddy, leaving the popular girl standing there looking like a lost waif.

9) Twisted 8 so the buddy and the popular chick ended up together, leaving dumbass wondering what the fuck happened.

10) Camgirl next door. 'Nuff said.

Any road, that's just some of the little tidbits I've thought up that seemed to dead end for me. No clue what I'll manage to actually see through (and keep myself from trashing once it's done).
 
Last edited:
Back
Top