Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm chill as fuck. Thank you BCS Championship game for giving me a reason to drink. :)

I'm feeling much better now, and hopefully by tomorrow, I'll be back to my normal, mischievous, pain in the ass self.

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Now, be sure to take your own advice and get healthy. It's high time I start changes in my life as well. Good luck.:rose:

Thanks, NM. As I'd hoped, I'm all better today. :) Yup, I'm working on eating a little healthier; now I just have to quit smoking, lose some weight, and find better ways to deal with stress.

Corn dogs - ewww! I wouldn't touch a corn dog with non-latex gloves on. Those things are NASTY. A Salty Dog, on the other hand....mmmm.....beer battered hot dog - delicious! Not that I'll be eating very many of them this year. :eek:

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN THE SEC?

Thanks, NM. As I'd hoped, I'm all better today. :) Yup, I'm working on eating a little healthier; now I just have to quit smoking, lose some weight, and find better ways to deal with stress.

Corn dogs - ewww! I wouldn't touch a corn dog with non-latex gloves on. Those things are NASTY. A Salty Dog, on the other hand....mmmm.....beer battered hot dog - delicious! Not that I'll be eating very many of them this year. :eek:

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN THE SEC?

Glad you are feeling better too, though I'm pretty sure RS pic thread of tasty boys got your heart rate up. ;)

We bought a deep fryer about 2 years ago because I make faschnauts every year and thought it would make things easier. I've used it all of once since I bought it, but when I did, we were in target. My son goes off down one of the aisles (he was 15 at the time),and comes running back holding up 2 gallons of canola oil and yelling, "Let's deep fry some shit!" It was pretty funny.

With all this talk of healthy eating, perhaps I should suggest some casu marzu for you guys? Spread it on a nice cracker or sandwich. Great source of protein.

Now don't be diss'n my corn dogs! LOL I feel the same way you do, only in the other direction, I love corn dogs, but don't like a regular hot dog in any form. I'm not a burger person either, but there's something about a plain old Micky D's cheese burger. It's mostly just a delivery vessel for ketchup! :D

They aren't that bad. They have a few songs I like. :D

(This is my 4000th post)

And you wasted it on a shite band. :(

And you're right, they aren't that bad. They're terrible.

I am still hoping Avril will be their Yoko Ono.

Some days I just please myself.

tumblr_matkiajI3h1r3k73wo1_500.jpg

^^^
I was never really a sock man. I mean, I fooled around with a sock here and there. I'm not saying that I didn't. I had my share of socks. Preppy ones. Dressy ones. Sporty ones. Casual ones. Plain ones. White ones. Black ones. And a couple that were just REALLY filthy, if you know what I mean.

But I was more of a tissue man. They were always softer. Aloe filled. This will sound a little callous, but par of the appeal was just to be able to discard them after. There was no awkward next morning where my sock was standing there looking at me like it wanted breakfast or something. I know it makes me sound like a douche, but tissues were so stealthy. You get rid of them and there is no trace left behind, except maybe a little bit of white on the tip, but that goes away after a bit.

Glad you are feeling better too, though I'm pretty sure RS pic thread of tasty boys got your heart rate up. ;)

We bought a deep fryer about 2 years ago because I make faschnauts every year and thought it would make things easier. I've used it all of once since I bought it, but when I did, we were in target. My son goes off down one of the aisles (he was 15 at the time),and comes running back holding up 2 gallons of canola oil and yelling, "Let's deep fry some shit!" It was pretty funny.

OHHHH YEAH! Hubby stood behind my shoulder and laughed at me drooling at those near naked sex gods. LOL HR was 190 yesterday. That wasn't a problem. Apparently my head wasn't too fond of the 190/120 BP. Who'da thunk it?

Now don't be diss'n my corn dogs! LOL I feel the same way you do, only in the other direction, I love corn dogs, but don't like a regular hot dog in any form. I'm not a burger person either, but there's something about a plain old Micky D's cheese burger. It's mostly just a delivery vessel for ketchup! :D

McD's anything is just N.A.S.T.Y! I take that back. They have awesome coffee drinks - if there isn't a Starbucks anywhere near. :D Salty Dogs aren't plain hot dogs by any stretch of the imagination. I'll have to find the Man vs Food segment where he tries them. Yummy!

Salty Dog

Now, if you just want to see something downright funny, also check out this video of Adam Richman in one of our local restaurants: Munchies 420 Challenge

God, look at the size of those servings. :eek:

You should definitely watch what you eat, and there is nothing wrong with treating yourself occasionally. But I think it's the H U M U N G O U S portions that some folks put away that is the real killer.

There are some restaurants / pubs that Mrs E and I go to where we order one appetizer and one main, and share it. We're healthy, active people with good appetites, but it is just too much food if we order our own mains.
I have been to some restaurants in the mid-west where what comes on one plate / serving could feed a family. It's crazy. And folks will shovel it in, in one sitting.

And Happy Anniversary Beach Momma!

What did you do for your wedding anniversary Beachie?

Hubby got me a beautiful blue diamond necklace and a wedding ring. :) I'm not so romantic; I got him a Miyabi paring knife that he's been drooling over. (I'm not THAT bad; he's a professional cook. lol) This afternoon, we went to the Riverwalk and spent the afternoon. We didn't see any manatees, but we saw three really cool little stingrays. :)

And in about ten minutes, I'm going to cap off a lovely day by sitting in on a session for school. Yippee.

You should definitely watch what you eat, and there is nothing wrong with treating yourself occasionally. But I think it's the H U M U N G O U S portions that some folks put away that is the real killer.

There are some restaurants / pubs that Mrs E and I go to where we order one appetizer and one main, and share it. We're healthy, active people with good appetites, but it is just too much food if we order our own mains.
I have been to some restaurants in the mid-west where what comes on one plate / serving could feed a family. It's crazy. And folks will shovel it in, in one sitting.

And Happy Anniversary Beach Momma!

Thanks! We order our own main dishes, but I almost always bring at least half of it home for the next day's breakfast. I'm not much of a breakfast eater, but I will eat leftover anything for breakfast.

My problem - the hospital cafeteria. They have 4 serving lines: the chef's station, the deli line, the grill line, and the hot line. I usually eat from the hot line - which serves traditional meals - either Italian, some sort of roast, fish or chicken, and veggies. I'd love to start eating more salads, but their salads are horrible - old looking veggies and more lettuce than anything else. I tried taking my lunch, but that doesn't work either. I have a problem remembering my lunch bag at 0530. I'm typically almost to the hospital by the time I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back