She's a what?

musicankane

I blew a monkey once.
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Posts
15,633
My name is Jason Stanson I live in a small county of Ventura, California which sat on the very northern tip of what could still be considered Los Angeles. Actually since they call it Ventura County I suppose we can't even be asossicated with L.A. even that far. I lived in a small house that sat just off the highway that led up to Lake Casitas. The house was tucked against the woodlands that began here and led up into Sequoia national forest much further northeast. It was really rather nice, seculded and if you went for a walk you could find wild deer roaming the area not far from the front door. Of course that brought the danger of mountain lions and botcats, but they never really bothered people unless you went well off the beaten paths and started asking for trouble.

My father Sam, and I moved here about ten years ago just after my mother Emily passed away from breast cancer. I was only seven at the time and most of the things I know about her I had to learn second hand from my father. He started his own plumbing and carpentering business upon moving to Ventura and was well known by the locals. My father had always been good with his hands and was the only man I knew who enjoying working dirty. Personally I'll pass.

Ventura itself is a medium sized town of a little over half a million. Yet despite the size it always had a kind of small town feel, everyone knew almost everyone. The town nestled against forest and led right out to the California coast, it added a diverse culture to the people here. One of my favorite things to do with my friends was to hang out down by the beach and watch the surf. I wasn't a surfer but my friends were, I usually just watched and waved at them when they caught a good swell. That being said, in order to feel truly at home in Ventura surfing definately had to be an interest of yours. Which is probably why I never really like it here. I liked getting out, watching the waves, but I was afraid of the water. A fear of mine I guess. I'm not deathly afraid of it but, I will avoid it as much as I possibly can. So my friends go surf and I stand guard over their clothes and my friend Tim's car. Give me a good vampire novel and I
am a happy camper anywhere....except the water, keep that shit away from
me.

Ventura High School held a whopping 689 students, one of which was me, across five grades which meant a little over a hundred kids per grade and all of them spread out amongst themselves at lunch time. However the student body was still large enough that a new student wouldn't cause that much of a fuss, sometimes nobody even knew about a new kid until they showed up in class. Considering how all this began, it's kind of funny to look back on.

Eliza Worthington was not the case. She showed up on a Thursday which alone was odd, but the whole school was alive with chatter about this student. It was just two weeks before Christmas Vacation so she would be fresh for the second semester come January. Girls in the hall already talked about hating her for her looks. The jocks whispered about seeing the most beautiful girl they'd ever seen. People would look around and act far more alert than the normal behavior of drudging through the halls simply hoping to survive another day. High scholl really is the best and worst of times isn't it?

My best friend Tim Brand, who we just called TB to get a rise out of him, and I saw no sign of this girl except the impact and buzz she had started among the student body. That changed when we got to fifth period. Tim and I had the same math class for fifth period which we both hated equally. Not only was the class boring because our teacher looked a hundred years old but also acted like math was the fucking greatest thing ever invented....Okay maybe it might be the greatest thing ever invented, but when you are seventeen the greatest thing ever invented was a nice pair of tits. Sad but true, well if you were male. Anyway despite having a class with my best friend, he sat across the room from me so we couldn't even toss answers at each other or snicker behind the teachers back. Snickering was a past time of ours, like baseball.

Anyway I sat in class waiting for the bell to ring, doodling on a spare piece of notebook paper. I like to doodle, I can't draw for shit, but I doodle like a Greek God. I glanced up when the class suddenly went silent. There handing our teacher Mr. Hoover a registration note was the new girl, Elizabeth Worthington. My breath caught in my throat and I fought against myself to not stare but couldn't control myself. The entire class was doing the exact same thing.

When the murmurs in the hall said that this Elizabeth was gorgeous they had been grossly understated how truly magnificent she really looked. Her skin was a soft pale perfect, with a slight hint of rose in her cheeks. She had long wavy raven black hair that fell around her shoulders perfectly. Her body looked like it was carved from stone to be perfect, her every movement held an uncanny grace that only a ballet dance ever could hope to achieve. She was instantly every guys fantasy come to life. The kind of girl you will remember for the rest of your life. Sixty years from now people will think back on high school and they will remember Elizabeth Worthington like they had only seen her yesterday. Yet her eyes are what called to me more than anything else, they were the most amazing color of brown I had ever seen. A brown that was mixed together with a flat gold, they pulled me in like they fueled life itself.

I instantly was in love with her. I guess not true love, enamored is probably a better term, but still the fire for something more than a simply crush burned in my chest waiting for only a single spark of hope that she would acknowledge my existence to ignite it to a passion. Let me tell you something about me. I'm not that guy. You know that guy from school who just had whatever it was that some guys had that made getting women to go for them just as easy as breathing. That wasn't me. That was Drake Rivers the quarter back, why is it always the quarter back, of the Ventura Cougars. Dude had the entire cheerleading squad wrapped around his finger ready to dance with any direction he happened to tug on the string. While it sadden me that I could barely speak to a girl without my voice cracking, watching Drake slip between an endless array of feminine wiles was fascinating to watch.

Anyway I watched as she got her slip signed by Mr. Hoover and tucked it into the pocket of the black book bag she had slung over her shoulder. She shifted the weight of the bag and straightened out the white blouse she was wearing. The color of her top brought out the rosy color in her cheeks even more, and her black skirt revealed flawless legs from blow mid-thigh, which was to comply with school dress code something that needed to be revised in the worst possible way. It seemed like she had tried every possible way she could to blend in, to fit in with the crowd, but was held back because she was so goddamn beautiful. I mean I can say it a hundred times and use a million methaphors but only know this, picture in your mind a beautiful woman, doesn't matter who, maybe a celebrity you find attractive. Got one? Okay now take her, this ideal woman, take her in your mind and zoom in on her. Now take everything about her and make it perfect, utterly and completely perfect. That's Elizabeth Worthington and the sad part about it is even after you have done what I've told you, you still can only manage to scratch the surface of her beauty. Truly sucks to be you.

Mr. Hoover pointed her to an empty seat and I inhaled sharply when I noticed it was right next to mine. I tried to watch her walk toward me without staring but I failed miserably. I couldn't not look at her, she held my attentions like a magnet. My eyes still hooked on hers as she walked down the row of seats toward her new desk. She held herself with confidence, seemingly unaware of all the eyes on her as she walked through the room. A woman that beautiful probably had to learn quick that people were going to look at her, and either learn to handle the attention or move to a deserted island somewhere. Yet she seemed perfectly fine and comfortable with all eyes on her. She brushed away each amazed, and in some cases hungering, gaze without much effort.

Until her eyes met mine.

She stopped short when her gaze met mine and something crossed her thoughts that made my chest swell in happiness. I'm not sure if it was amazement or shock, but maybe it was a little of both, perhaps it was even interest. Her eyes locked onto mine and something filled them, some kind of I dunno realization I guess. I had no idea what it could be, but my heart skipped a beat when I thought that I might have a booger hanging and she was staring in simple disgust. I had to force myself to look away, I didn't want to freak her out or appear like a tool bag just staring at her. Plus what if I really did have a boog hanging? I poured fake interest in the chapter of the textbook we would be looking at today. God math sucks.

I remained aware of her gaze still on me as she slowly took her seat. It
was a hard fight to not glance at her every five seconds throughout the class. I never concentrated on Mr. Hoovers lecture so hard in my life, but I did it. I think I actually learned something too, which just shows how much I was listening. Elizabeth didn't seem to have that same fear of appearing foolish; I felt her eyes on me the entire lecture. Unsettling as it was, it didn't completely bother me. I felt like the choosen one or something. There was no reason for her to have even a remote iota of interest in me, but something was going on and I have to say by the end of class I started to like it. It built my confidence, maybe I could ask to sit with her at lunch after this period ended and guessing by how she never took her eyes off me she had to be interested.

The bell finally rang and I turned to ask Elizabeth to hang out at lunch.
When I turned in my seat to look at her, she was already gone. I looked around, catching a glimpse of her just as she left the room. How had she gotten there so fast? I frowned and stuffed my books into my backpack and left class. I wonder if I had daydreamt the whole thing. Maybe I only hoped she had been staring at me. It certainly would make more sense that I had made it up all in my mind.

Tim was waiting for me in the hall as usual with a dumb grin on his face. He fell into step beside me as we made our way to the cafeteria. The eleventh and twelfth grade students had a separate lunch period than the rest of the school to prevent over crowding at the lunch lines, so the halls weren't that crowded as we headed down to the lunch lines. As we made our way toward what should be pizza day, I overheard people talking about the new girl. A few of them mentioned her name and that made me perk up and look for her, but she was nowhere to be found. I wondered how someone who had the entire school buzzing could be so hard to spot. You figured she would have a circle of people following her every movement.

Tim was bursting with excitement. "Oh man. Can you believe her?" He asked me. "The hottest of all hotties in our class. I can't believe your luck, man. I mean she sits right next to you. Did you see the rack on her? It is like a pair of the worlds greatest pillows."

Tim was a great friend, the kind of guy that would always get your back no matter what the odds. He only had one flaw, a maturity of a ten year old, most of the time. Tim could be really deep and mature when he wanted too, but most of the time he was a joking big mouth that sometimes could rub you the wrong way if you didn't know him well enough. He was a tall guy, standing a good five inches over my five foot ten inch tall self. He had short dirty blonde hair that he kept spiked, and never wore anything other than surf T-shirts and blue jeans. Today his shirt was yellow with a picture of a large wave on it, one of several shirts like it he owned in a plethora of colors.

I shrugged. "I'm sure she'll enjoy being called a hottie." I said flatly. Goddess would probably be more fitting.

"Of course she would man." Tim said with a grin. "Chicks love compliments. Hey I saw her staring at you in class, did she talk to you at all?"

I shook my head. "She was staring at me?" I asked in ignorance.

"Yeah dude, I don't think she looked at the board once. I know these things, cause I was staring at her. Hey you didn't have a boog hanging did you?" He laughed and slapped me across my chest. "Hey you should ask her out tomorrow night. Take her to a movie or something like that. Bloodlust opens tomorrow." Bloodlust was hollywood's latest vampire flick. Promising gore, sex, violence and screams from start to finish or whatever. I was a fan of vampire books, and stories, but something about movies always bothered me. I never felt like they could do vampires justice because it took more than a cheap half-ass explaination that was given in any vampire movie. It probably had to do with the fact that a movie could only be so long and a book could be as long as you wanted.

I chuckled. "Yeah, right man like a horror flick would be a perfect first date."

"Of course man. It's so simple, look, you take her to a scary movie and she clings to you every time something scary happens." Tim explained. I'll be honest, it did sound like a good idea. Which was a rare thing coming from Tim, but of course the whole idea hinged on Elizabeth actually being interested in me which I wasn't convinced was the case.

We got our food and headed to our usual table where our small niche of friends waited for us. Max Newton, sat on the left. Max was a very big, very round fellow who tended to be the most down to Earth guy in the group. Whenever we had a crazy idea or something dangerous, Max was always there to say "Don't be stupid." Despite his love of safety he never felt like a bummer to us. Left alone we'd probably all would have broken bones and a mental disorders by now. Like usual he wore a flannel button up shirt and large slacks. He had curly red hair and a beard's worth of scruff on his face. The guy was kinda like a ginger lumberjack.

Next to Max sat Stacy Wilson and her boyfriend Todd Carmander. Stacy was a petite little blonde with a kind face and pretty freckles. She kept her hair curly and short, since I've known her I don't think I've seen her hair once fall past her chin. She was the best dresser of the group and as the only girl she should have been. Today she wore a casual pink dress and flip flops. It looked good on her, everything she wore looked good on her. I only dressed so I wouldn't come to school in the nude, and I usually dressed in the dark so when shit I wore matched it was nothing short of a miracle. Today I matched.

Todd was a short stocky guy with dark brown, almost black, hair. He kept his hair short and neatly trimmed mostly because Stacy would never let him go out looking like a circus clown, as she so called it. Todd was usually dressed by Stacy and as a result was the best looking out of us guys. He wore a dark grey button up shirt and black khakis. Tim and I teased him for not only being whipped but for always looking like he was about to go on a job interview. The only exception being when he was surfing.

"Hey guys." Tim said cheerfully as he and I took our seats across from the rest of our group.

"Hi, Tim. Hi Jason." Stacy said. She always greeted us individually, she said it was a sign of respect and friendship.

I smiled but kept quiet as I sat down.

"Have you guys seen the new girl?" Todd asked us. "Oh my god, she's gorgeous." He winced as Stacy elbowed him. "Oww, but it's true."

Stacy smiled. "I know, I just wanted to keep your mind on me." She said cheerfully.

Todd shrugged, "She wouldn't want me anyway."

Stacy elbowed him again, "Why not?"

Todd blushed, "Because I'm with you...obviously. Stop elbowing me, it hurts."

Tim nodded. "Yeah she's in our math class. You guys are never gonna guess who she as a crush on."

Max grunted. "Been in school less than a day and already infatuated with a jock. Typical."

Tim grinned. "Not exactly." He threw his arm around me. "She couldn't keep her eyes off this guy!" He cried excitedly.

Stacy's eyes went wide and Todd looked amazed. "Really?"

"Naw, he's exaggerating." I said simply. I looked at her and asked, "What do you mean really? You don't think she could be into me?"

Stacy shrugged, "I don't even think she could be into Todd, I've seen her and she's amazing, but she also has not given anyone two seconds of attention."

I sighed, "Yeah probably. It was probably a mistake or something."

Tim nudged me. "Look whatever man, she likes you. I was watching her the whole time in class." He said turned his attention to the cafeteria obviously looking for the subject of our conversation. "She didn't look away from you for a second, so don't give me that crap. There she is." He said pointed toward the back corner of the room.

We all looked over. Sure enough in the far corner of the room Elizabeth sat looking disappointed in the school food on her tray. She seemed uninterested and unconcerned with the looks people gave her as they walked by. As we watched a couple of girls from the cheerleading squad went up to her and said something. They blocked our view of Elizabeth, but whatever was said had the girls walking away confused.

Tim elbowed me. "You need to go over there and talk to her." He told me. "Go ask her out to the movie."

Stacy ever the matchmaker agreed with him. "Yeah Jason you should. You two would make such a cute couple."

Todd scoffed, "More like cutie and the beast. Ouch. Stop elbowing me."

"Then be supportive."

Todd waved his hand, "Go go Jason."

I shook my head. "No I can't, come on. What would I say to her?" I wanted more than anything to go over and talk to her, but at the same time I was scared of what she would say. What if Tim was wrong about why she stared at me? What if I smelled bad or something and she just wanted me to go away? Was staring someone out of existance a thing? Did that happen?

"Saying 'Hi, I'm Jason' would be a good start." Stacy said rolling her eyes. She kicked my shin under the table. "Just go talk to her."

I stood up. "Alright love connection. Take it easy I'm going." I got up and turned toward the table where Elizabeth sat. I took a deep breath and started toward her.

"Good luck." I heard Stacy say behind me.

My pulse began to race again the closer I got to her. She seemed to not notice me approaching, I watched as she continued to play with the stack of French fries on her tray. She had them stacked into a little house, obviously completely uninterested in eating them. That was good news and meant she was at least smart enough to realize that the school didn't actually serve anything edible. I had hope at least. I figured I'd start with a joke. My sense of humor was my best quality I think. Maybe it was just annoying. Either way I was nervous, and I joke when I'm nervous.

"You know with a little ketchup you can almost hide the taste of the cardboard." I said with a smile.

She didn't answer me and I panicked. My heart thudded heavily in my chest and I noticed her tighten her grip on the plastic fork she was holding. Cleared my throat and forced another smile on my face. While she seemed uninterested in things before I arrived, now she seemed tight and tense, like she was trying to hold herself back from screaming or stabbing me with the fork. I figured she was already sick of people trying to talk to her, but I was already too deep to stop now.

"I'm Jason. You sit next to me in math." I said. "I know it's hard being new and all, so I was wondering if you would maybe like to go see a movie or something with me. I could show you around town and what not."

She was silent for a long time her hand crushing the plastic fork in her hand. "No." She hissed. "I can't."

I took a step back and my stomach lurched. She sounded angry and hurt, the feeling in my chest tightened when I thought that it was mostly likely because of me that she was so angry. Yet at the same time her voice, oh her voice was like music to my soul. In three words I learned that her voice could make my entire being sing with joy. Even if she delivered those words with anger.

"Ok," I said roughly, trying to recover from the shock her voice had hit me with. "I'm sorry. Uh, if you change your mind, I sit right over there with my friends." I said jerking a thumb toward the table where we all typically sat.

She nodded only slightly and said nothing else.

So my first encounter with Elizabeth could have gone better. It could also have gone worse, my shirt didn't have food on it and nobody was laughing at me. Still the exchange had left this hole in my stomach, like a pit had opened up and was flooding my entire body in disappointment. My mood back at the table was empty. I suddenly had no care about anything, I wasn't hungry, I was empty. I grabbed my tray off the table without saying anything to my friends and stalked off.

"I guess that didn't go so well." Tim said to the others as I walked away.

I tossed my lunch in the trash and left the cafeteria as fast as I could force my legs to go without breaking into a run. I couldn't be in the same room with her, not right now. Even from the table my friends hung out at I could feel her pull. It was subtle but constant, like someone was gently tugging on the back of my shirt, not hard, but enough to always be on my mind. What the fuck was going on with me? She wasn't even a thing to me. I didn't know her, and I have certainly been rejected by girls before. So why was this consuming blackness in my gut so overpowering? What was it about her that ate at me?

I felt better when I got outside, the fresh ocean air and sun finally breaking through the mornings fog all helped calm me. I took a walk around the campus. Ventura High had a large wide open from campus, with an elegant fountain in the center. The fountain almost never worked but even dry it was still a nicely carved image of a man teaching a young student. The child on the fountain was facing the teacher and everyone assumed it was a little boy because he wore a baseball cap. This week the fountain was working properly and the small sound of running water echoed across the campus.

When the bell rang for sixth period I was myself again. The pit in my stomach was still there, but it seemed to have collapsed enough that I could ignore it. Though the rest of the day seemed to drag and I found myself looking forward to the next day in math when I'd be able to apologize to Elizabeth for my behavior. I don't know what exactly I did wrong it just felt like it might be a way to make amends with her if I apologized. The thought of being able to do that made me feel much better. I mean of course probably a hundred guys had already tried to ask her out or worse on her first day of a brand new school. How could I have been so stupid or thoughtless. The more I thought about it the better I felt and I knew that by apologizing would make me stand out from the countless other dumbasses on campus who had tried stupid pick up lines. Hell that was probably the reason she seemed so angry, just thinking about it make me feel irritated.

That night my dad made Linguini and meatballs for dinner. I ate slowly, my stomach not feeling quite right yet. I cleaned my plate though and washed the dishes. I needed the extra task to keep my mind off of that girl. Every time I turned around though I could see her almost golden eyes staring back at me. If my dad noticed anything he thankfully kept quiet. We were both men and I was nearly eighteen, my birthday not even a month away, but even still it was hard to talk to each other about some things. If I was ill my father would be on top of it, but if it was something social that ate at me, he tended to let me be and get over it on my own. Tonight I honestly was glad he did that, I couldn't imagine having to tell him I fell for a girl at first sight and she seemed to hate me. Though like I said it was probably more likely being overwhelmed on her first day that genuine hatred toward me.

I tossed and turned with a nightmare that night. I dreamt I was chasing someone, I couldn't see who. It was pitch black, only the occasional oil lamp hanging over the cobblestone street gave off any light at all. It didn't matter; I could see my prey as clearly as if it were high noon. The buildings around me as I pursued where old, centuries old it seemed the street beneath my feet an old cobblestone. I turned a corner to come upon my prey stuck at the end of an alley with nowhere to hide. The fear on her face excited me, the panic made her blood race and my desire boil over. She was wearing a dress that had to have been from the 1800's, her corset restricting her breathing and stifling her rising hysteria. I came upon her, slowly. She had nowhere to run so there was no reason for me to rush things. Even if she screamed it would not make a difference, I would have her anyway. In front of her now, I could smell her breath; feel the terror pouring from her bright golden eyes. I licked my lips and a single name came out of me in a breath. "Elizabeth."

I gasped and jerked awake. My breathing came in heavy gasps as it took
a moment for the dream to fade away. When it didn't linger in my mind I let out a sigh of relief. I rolled out of bed a sweaty mess and yanked my towel of my desk chair before heading to the bathroom.

After my morning routine I felt better. The nightmare long forgotten and washed away in the warm water of the shower, cleansed by my body soap. My mind began to plan out my day, or more specifically, how I would confront Elizabeth today to make my amends. I decided I would grabbed her attention right before class got out to make sure she didn't dart out the door as quickly as she did yesterday. At lunch I would have the time to tell her how sorry I was and how I hoped that we could still be friends.

The day started slow, my old Nissan was a hand-me-down from my Dad for my sixteenth birthday, and when he gave it was a shitpile, but together we had worked on it and now it ran like a dream and looked like a disaster. He had gotten a big diesel pick up to help his expanding business. As a birthday present he gave me his old car. I was just thankful I had a car to drive. It was like an escape pod, I could leave whenever I wanted and my dad never gave me grief about when I needed to be home. I guess so long as I didn't come home drunk or high he was happy and willing to trust me with whatever I was doing.

By the time fifth period rolled around I was a wreck. My knees wouldn't stop bouncing as I sat in my seat staring at the door. I felt a rush of disappointment for every person that walked in who wasn't Elizabeth. The bell rang and still I watched the door.

Elizabeth never showed.

I felt defeated and I put my head down on my desk, only to get a swift bark from Mr. Hoover to wake up and pay attention. I woke up as he commanded, but didn't pay attention. My mind was someplace else, thinking of a new way to get back in Elizabeth's good graces, if I had ever been there in the first place.

The bell rang and Tim met me in the hall. His T-shirt was bright green today, and had the same logo on it that his yellow one had from yesterday. I figured his must buy them in variety packs.

"Who the hell misses the second day of school?" He demanded in my ear.
Clearly he was just as aware as I was of Elizabeth's disappearance. "It doesn't make any sense to me." He muttered when I didn't reply.

"Technically, it isn't the second day of school." I told him.

"Well it's her second day." He insisted.

Our friends greeted up at our usual table. Stacy frowned at me and reached across the table to pat my hand. "Hey Jason, how are you holding up?" She asked me, like a sister full of concern. Stacy and I had a bond like family. I imagine if things had only got slightly different for us it would be me instead of Todd who kept his arm around her. From early on in our relationship though we became more like family than friends and it worked out for us.

I took a breath and nodded in reassurance. "Look it sucks, but I'm alright. I've been rejected before, it's not that big of a deal. I was gonna apologize to her today, but it looks like she isn't in school." I was totally downplaying the level of dispair I had felt yesterday to my friends.

Max raised his eyebrow. "What?"

"She wasn't in class today." Tim stated.

Max laughed. "Ever hear of new student orientation?"

Tim and I both looked at each other. "You saw her today?" I demanded.

Max nodded. "Sure, actually if you two boneheads would turn around. I think she's coming to us."

My head whipped around so quickly I think I gave myself whiplash. Tim joined me and I heard Stacy giggle and mumble something to Todd. My heart jumped when I saw her, the living beauty walking toward our table with uncanny grace and pose. I suddenly pictured her in the dress from my dream. The style fit her like she belonged to it. I shook the image out of my head. Elizabeth actually wore a short skirt and matching red blouse today. Her stockings came up past her knees and prevented anyone from staring too hard at her nimble legs.

She looked at me as if I were her target, completely ignoring everything and everyone else around her. Tim must have seen her gaze, intent and almost cold, but completely meant for me and he slid himself out of her way. Told you he could be smart when it really came down to it.

She stopped in front of us, all stunned and maybe honored by her very nearness. "Jason right?" Again her voice filled me with a warmth that made me feel better than I've ever felt before. Though there was a much more relaxed tone to her voice this time. I think that my heart actually skipped beats.

I nodded. "Yeah." I breathed, my voice lost in my throat.

She heard me though. "Can I please speak with you?" She eyed the rest of my friends, her eyes passing over each of them only once before her focus was once again on me. "Alone."

I was only to eager to climb out of my seat. I turned back to the table quickly. "I'll be right back guys."

Stacy mouthed, "Good luck." And gave me a hopeful smile.

"Lucky fuck." Tim muttered.

I turned back around to face Elizabeth but she was gone. How did she disappear every time I glanced away? I needed to put a bell on her or something. I spotted her heading out into the front courtyard and darted after her. Outside the fog bank was yet again just barely starting to burn off and the cool mist filled my lungs with every breath. I took several full gulps of the fresh moist air. I needed to slow my pulse and calm myself.

Elizabeth sat on the edge of the fountain her legs politely crossed while she waited for me to gather my nerves. She looked pristine sitting there, like a great painting should exist of this moment and how she looked against the fountain. I took a final breath of the cool misty air and went to meet my fate with Elizabeth.

"Hey Elizabeth. It's good to see you." I said.
 
Last edited:
big_profile.jpg

My name’s Elizabeth Worthington, but that is not really my name, at least not the name I was born with back in the 15th century. Yes, you heard me right, the 15th century. How can that be you might be asking yourself, one word, vampire, but how that came to be is a longer story to tell.

I have always kept Elizabeth as my first name, a way for me to stay in touch with who I once was. After awhile memories are the only thing that keeps you from wanting to rip people’s heads off. Anyway, I was born and raised in London England to well known parents. My life was pretty easy, always having someone there to do stuff for me. I guess you could say I was a spoiled rich kid, but of course that is not what we called it back then, back then I was considered a debutant. Much wasn’t expected of me, just be prim and proper at the right moments, which I did.

My parents actually planned my wedding for me. They promised me to another couple’s wealthy son, a means to combine two powerful families I suppose. I didn’t like the idea at first until I finally met the young man. I say young cause he wasn’t as old as my father, but then he was at least 7 years older than me.

The wedding was planned months away, so it gave me some time to actually get to know Thomas. He was witty and charming, but I could always tell there was something hiding under it all. I couldn’t quite place my finger on it, but it chilled me at times. I just figured it was his determination when it came to business matters.

During this time though we did get close and a few times I found myself in such a state with him, it wasn’t proper to say the least. I kept trying to push him off until the wedding, but one night his persistence over came my resistance and before I knew it I was a true woman. It was magical and everything my friends had spoke about. I actually left with a smile on my face and a bounce in my step knowing that this was what I could look forward to for the rest of my life. Sadly, that wasn’t the case. I walked the same route home every night from Thomas’s home and never once did I have trouble, but that night was a different story. My smile faded as I found myself confronted by a dark man. At first I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me, that whole sensation of someone following you, but it wasn’t and before I really grasped the danger I was in he grabbed me and shoved me between the buildings. I opened my mouth to scream but he was on me in that instant, his hand covering my mouth to silence me, his body pressed tightly to mine and his heated breath blowing over my neck.

I started to gather momentum to scream regardless of his hand but the sound of his voice had me silencing that scream. It was deep and inviting and before I knew it I was willing against his body even though he wasn’t my fiancé. His lips brushed my neck, his hand gathered up my dress, pulling it up higher even though we were in public and I was more than willing against him, tilting my head as my own body rubbed against his. I felt the sharp sting of something, but I was too far gone to care. His hands moved on me, his mouth sucked on my neck and in that instant I would have done anything for this man. In fact I did, his wet fingers slipped into my mouth and even though the taste on them was a coppery one I still sucked on them like I was some baby feeding from a bottle.

That is all I can even remember about that night. The feel of him pressed to me like that had my blood heated and my body on fire. Afterwards though I never saw him again and found that fire went from between my legs to living in my gut. First moment I realized my body craved blood was the night I killed my fiancé. The sound of his heart pumping just called to me and I was on him in an instant, my teeth set into his neck as I drank down the most delicious taste I had ever tasted in my life. His skin grew cold under me and when I finally let him go I realized what I had done.

That wasn’t the only time something like that happened, but over the years, the centuries even I have grown better at controlling myself. I didn’t even know what to call myself and it wasn’t until books and movies came into play that I finally had a term for what I was, but even then the crap they come up with is laughable. Let me spell it out for you, I’m a normal person like everyone else, I eat, I sleep, I can walk out in daylight, I can hold holy objects, attend church, even bathe in holy water if I want to. Sure I don’t age, have some strength, am faster on my feet, and hunger for blood, but I can be hurt and I can be killed just like anyone else. Oh and my senses are much more alive. I think that covers everything I have read in books and seen in movies.

As for my life, well that has been interesting. Every so often I have to come up with a new little background to where I came from, usually I just moved into the area. I have to come up with a new last name and I move around a lot. I haven’t met anyone like me so far, but then I haven’t been looking. I looked for the man from that night, but after the first century or two you do get bored chasing after a ghost. It took me doing that to realize I might as well just live this life and make it the best I could.

And here we are, my…hell if I know anymore…time at high school. Even this grows boring after a few centuries, but something I have to ‘play’ if I am supposed to pass for some 18 year old girl. After all that is when I officially died, at least the description by the books and movies…undead I think they call it. Anyway, another high school in another county, even another state. I barely can keep track of them anymore. Hallways are the same, clicks are the same, teachers are the same, even the damn studies are the same. I sigh as I walk through the halls, feeling all the eyes on me, even hearing all the conversations about me. I finally make it into the office and get my schedule which always comes with the spill about if you need help…blah blah blah.
I couldn’t wait for the day to end. I had control over my hunger, so that didn’t bother me, but what did was all these people being so fascinated with me. Almost like they have never seen a woman before, but then I got this all the time and knew it was a highlight, I guess you could say, of being a vampire. I didn’t know and I didn’t care, I just wanted to be left alone. I didn’t need friends, didn’t need a boyfriend to take care of other needs…in fact any needs I had I either took care of them myself or I found someone that wouldn’t be missed.

Everything was going well, that is until I hit Math class. My eyes flitted over the students seated and at first I was thinking this was going to be like every other class, but then I locked eyes with him and my blood heated. I’m not even sure what it was about him, he had brown hair, brown eyes, normal features. There wasn’t a single thing I could pinpoint that would make him stand out of a crowd, but he did. I moved down the aisle to my seat, which was directly beside him. My eyes didn’t want to leave him so I found myself starring at him all through class. Not only that but the heated blood, the body coming to life with fire again, even my hunger sprouted like I hadn’t fed for years. I found myself leaning closer but the sound of the bell pulled me from the state I was in for a split second making me realize this was a bad thing. I quickly grabbed my things and rushed to the door, completely unaware that I had used one of my abilities in front of everyone in the class. I found myself outside, taking great gulps of air trying to calm myself down. This was the first time in what felt like a lifetime that I had felt this way around someone.

It took me some time to gather my wits about me, maybe the feeding from last night just didn’t cut it for my system, maybe I needed to supplement it with some actual food or something….that had to be it. I turned and headed back into the school and found myself in the cafeteria. Getting a plate I found a seat, more or less in the corner of the room. I glanced over my food and even that wasn’t looking tasty. I found myself playing with it while my mind wandered, trying to reason why I almost lost all of my control over some guy.
Then I heard it, his voice, "You know with a little ketchup you can almost hide the taste of the cardboard." My thoughts were gone and the sensations I felt earlier rushed back making my grip tighten on the fork in my hand. I didn’t have to see him for this reaction to happen in me, I was going to be in for a long year at school. His voice again, "I'm Jason. You sit next to me in math. I know it's hard being new and all, so I was wondering if you would maybe like to go see a movie or something with me. I could show you around town and what not." That voice of his was going to make me attack if he kept talking and it wasn’t something I wanted to do…ever again. My grip tightened on the fork until I felt it give way and crush in my hand. My own voice was strained as I tried to keep myself seated where I was, "No. I can't." I felt him take a step back, I was hoping he would just turn and leave, but he didn’t, "Ok, I'm sorry. Uh, if you change your mind, I sit right over there with my friends." All I could do was nod to him. If he only knew the danger he was in he would have turn and run a long time ago. I felt him turn and leave and I let out the breath I was holding, the one that was keeping me seated and somewhat restrained.

I was thankful when the day finally ended, more so when I didn’t see nor hear Jason anymore. I did like his name and found it fluttering in my head throughout the night. I knew I needed to prepare myself for the next day so I went out and found a few men that were happy to donate to the cause. I went to sleep completely full and I prayed that would be enough to keep those sensations from flooding me again.

The next day I got pulled into an orientation, like I needed it. It was quite boring and I was thankful when it was over with and just in time for lunch too. This would be the perfect opportunity for me to see if I could handle being around Jason. After all I did want to let him know it wasn’t him, I wasn’t mad at him or anything like that. I’m not sure why I felt a need to defend his honor to himself but I did. I wanted him to know it wasn’t him, it was me.
Finding myself in the cafeteria again I saw him sitting at the table he motioned to the day before. Sometimes I like being a vampire because I cannot be looking at something or someone and yet know what they are doing at the same time. It was eerie at first but I learned to cope with it. I moved toward the table where he was seated and so far so good. I stopped in front of him, my eyes directly on him, "Jason right?" When all he could do was breathe out, "Yeah." I finally realized that maybe I wasn’t the only one being affected by this…whatever this was. "Can I please speak with you?" My eyes roamed over his friends at the table before coming back to him, "Alone." As he started to get up I turned and headed back outside. This was twice now that I had used my speed to get away from him, but maybe this time it was just habit or fear that fueled me. After all, it wouldn’t do me any good to go on a rampage in the school, starting with Jason.

I took a seat near the fountain and waited for him to appear. My mind wandering to different thoughts and ideas on how I could handle this situation with Jason and not let him affect me like he had been doing. The sound of his voice brought me from my thoughts, but it also started the sensations within me, but this time not as bad. My eyes turned to him and I couldn’t stop the smile that slipped onto my face. It wasn’t every day I felt like this so in a way I was happy for it and yet I knew it would do nothing but cause me trouble. “Jason, I just wanted to apologize for yesterday, please have a seat,” patting the stone beside me I continued, “I just had a rough day and, well that is no excuse, I shouldn’t have acted that way toward you, I’m sorry.” The buzz in my body was growing the longer he was with me, but this time instead of fighting it I explored it. Maybe that wasn’t the smartest idea, but I was running out of those.
 
I didn't really know what to say or really how to feel about this. Everything about Elizabeth was intoxicating, yet she seemed to change moods with a flip of a switch. I didn't understand it, but I wasn't going away until I saw this out. She was by far the hottest girl I had ever seen and the fact that she wanted to talk to me blew my mind. Yesterday I thought my chances were fucking shot. How quickly she had slapped me away, only to turn around and apologize to me about it. I moved over to the fountain and sat gingerly next to her where she had patted the stone. People walking around campus for lunch gave us looks, mostly of disbelief.

Elizabeth had built up a reputation already on campus. Apparently she refused to give anyone that tried to talk to her the time of day. No matter what group of people or what they tried to tell her, she had simply blew everyone off. She ignored the teachers in her classes, keeping a low profile to ensure she was never called on. OF course it was only her first day and the teachers would mostly leave her alone anyway, though that wouldn't last if she stuck around. That being the case, by her sitting her clearly having a conversation with me must be throwing people for a loop. Hell I was officially the one person she had spoken too more than everyone else on campus combined!

I shook my head at her apology, "No look it is totally my fault. You are new here and clearly people had to have been up your ass all day long trying to ask you out or get you to join some random stupid club around here. I know how it is, and I should have thought about that before I came stumbling up to you." I shrugged, "Besides you are way out of my league anyway. It took my friends all pushing me toward that table to get me to talk to you. So it went pretty much how I expected it to go."

When I glanced back at her, my eyes met her's and it startled me. She was staring at me, like truly staring, as if she were trying to memorize every wrinkle on my face or something. Her eyes were haunting, enchanting and lovely all at the same time. I felt like she could pull me into a whirlpool of dreams where I could fall forever and feel nothing but pleased the whole way down. That wasn't normal I was pretty sure. But I didn't have a word for what it could be. William Shakesphere wrote about love at first sight in Romeo and Juliet. He described the first time that the two lovers saw each other as if lightning and fascination just overcame them so badly that they knew instantly that they needed to be together, to see each other again. I don't know if that was what I was experiencing for Elizabeth, or if it was just my raging teenage hormones running amok with my mind. Still, there was something more to her that attracted me like a magnet to her. It wasn't her beauty, although that certainly didn't hurt matters, it was something deeper. Perhaps we knew each other in a past life, maybe I was once a King and she was my Queen. Perhaps I was a Viking and she a lowly but beautiful wench I took as my own. I keep having these fantasies about her, they all took place in different periods of history, different settings, ideas, but there was one thing that they all had in common.

In every fantasy, I owned her.

I meant that in the most literal sense. I owned her, she was nothing but property to me. Though I treated her well, she was never more than a slave to my will, doing what I want, when I wanted it. Bearing my children, cleaning my floors, making my supper, fucking me with all the firy passion a beautiful woman could ever give to a man.

God I am a fucking nerd.

I blushed and looked away. "Sorry."
 
I watched Jason, well watch would be a light term, more like starred at him. I mean after all he just sat there and said I was way out of his league. I have seen this time and again throughout the centuries, some unspoken terms that said the good looking women ended up with the good looking men, etc etc. What that unspoken word keeps forgetting is that might be in high school, but it didn't apply outside of those walls. So many times have I watched as the quarterback blows out his knee and low and behold he ends up married to the library nerd who he loves more than anyone he ever dated in his lifetime.

I didn't understand why love had to have rules set upon it. Sure I have loved over the centuries, each time losing that love to some reason or another. After awhile you tend to shield yourself from that loss and push people away. But then you have times like right now where that hum that runs through you won't let you push it away. It might not have been the wisest idea to be out here with Jason, seeing as the hunger was slowly building, as well as other things building in my body....but I didn't want him believing in this league crap either.

My head tilted slightly as a look passed over his face, as if remembering something. Before I could get a good read on it, it was gone and he was turning away from me. I placed my hand on his arm to grab his attention and boy was that the wrong thing to do. It was like being punched in the gut. The hunger rose, the ache between my legs turned to throbbing and all this from the feel of his arm, his heat as it seeped into my hand. My tongue slowly darted over my lips as I tried to push those needs down again, "What were you just thinking about," I asked him even as my hand slowly slipped from his arm. Taking a breath I felt everything start to recede a bit, but it was still there, still nagging at me. If I didn't know any better I would have had to say I was new at this whole vampire thing again.

I couldn't stop looking at Jason, something about his presence always lit something up inside of me and I wondered what it was. It wasn't like his blood was gold or something. But even just the thought of it had my mouth watering for a taste. I prayed that my incisors stayed firmly in my gums, after all, how do you explain that to someone you just met?

"Jason," I paused, not even sure what to say and yet it still bothered me for him to think I just blew him off, expected it as he said. "Would you like to go out tonight," I asked before even thinking about what was leaving my lips. Then it hit me that I actually asked him out, Jason, the one I about lost it on yesterday, the one that I seem utterly drawn to, the one that seems to have my control in shambles....him...I asked him out. If he said yes, then I would have to come up with some plan to keep him in public. I thought my control was iron clad, but the thought of being alone with him and I can just hear it crumbling down.

I started to open my mouth to take the question back, but then remembering what he said about league and how he expected me to turn him away made me clamp my mouth shut. It wasn't fair to Jason to be made to think he isn't good enough to date someone like me or anyone else for that matter. The thought of someone else thought did light a new fire inside of me, but this one wasn't the nice kind. I started to turn my eyes from Jason, not wanting him to see any anger in them and think it was directed at him for any reason.

My hands brushed down the skirt I was wearing, like I was pushing out any wrinkles I found there. Just doing something to keep my mind from that fiery rage I was feeling. What was it about this guy that was turning centuries of control into a melted puddle of water on the floor? I had to know, had to find some way to control it so I didn't hurt him or anyone else. Wouldn't help me in the least to go all mass murder on this town and have to start all over again....that would be a bitch and a half!
 
The longer I sat there with her, the more I felt pulled toward her. When she touched my arm I thought my body would explode or something. This was insane, this feeling, this wasn't normal, it didn't happen to people in real life. The kind of attraction felt by people in horribly cheesy romances or something like that. But not in real life. Hell maybe I was just crazy. Eliza was beautiful on a whole other level than any girl I've ever seen before in my life.

I mean some of the girls on the cheer team or volleyball team were hot. Any guy can tell you the feeling of girls that are so fuckable that as they pass by you, they make your nuts tingle. You don't even have to seen them, your balls know, like pussy spider-sense or something. Yet that only happens for your cliche hot chicks, sure no guy would be unhappy in their bed, but Eliza was beauty on a level that transended sex. Like she was just something you wanted to keep in a glass case and look at, afraid that if you give into the urge to touch it, the beauty would be ruined.

"Would you like to go out with me tonight?" She asked.

I jerked my head toward her, my eyes wide with disbelief. I searched her face, look for some hint of a smile or joke about the break through her features. I waited for her to burst out in fits of laughter because the idea of me on a date with her was so ludacris that if it ever actually happened the fucking universe might implode.

But she didn't. She only looked at me and waited for my answer as if it were a perfectly normal question. "I...uh..." I stammered unable to think clearly. My confusion of the situation only growing with each passing second. I giggled at the stupid thought in my mind and then blushed. "Sorry, I just..." I cleared my throat, "I thought you just asked me out."

She just kept looking at me, expecting a different answer clearly. Was she serious? Why me? What the hell? I looked away and blushed, "Wow....I umm...Jesus yeah, sure where would you like to go? I mean going out on a date right?" I shook my head and tried to get my mouth to stop saying pointless words. "Oh god nobody is going to believe this."
 
He turned toward me like I had slapped him and yet I just sat there. I know it wasn't the brightest idea on my part, after all I had learned to stay away from people that would get close to me for certain reasons and now here I was asking out the one guy that seemed to make my control fly right out the window. I must have been losing my mind!

Obviously he thought so too since he stumbled all over some words and even acted like he had heard me wrong. When I looked to him for an answer, he finally got the idea that I did, in fact, ask him out. Then he asked the dreaded question as to where, "I don't know, I was hoping you could help with that." So badly did I want to ask him what was the busiest place around, but then he might have taken that the wrong way.

Watching his reaction, let alone hearing his words it did bring a soft smile to my lips, especially once he said yes. Okay I was certifiable looney now, here I was happy that he said yes when it could become a big disaster of the bloody kind. Nodding my head at his last question, "Yes a date, you do date don't you Jason?" I was trying to make light of the situation, but it was probably coming out all wrong. You would think this was my first date from the way I was acting, when in fact I have been alive for hundreds of years, almost a thousand...damn I'm old!

Trying to think to myself on the trends of each generation, where the majority of them hung out...that would at least give me a place in public where I will keep control, or try to keep control over myself around him. "I don't know what is around here, so I will have to leave the idea of where to go up to you. We can meet there if you want or you can just call me and let me know what works best for you." I was groaning on the inside. I was finding it sweet that he was stumbling all over his words and yet here I was doing the same thing. But one thing was for certain, I needed to find some way to stop starring at him...I'm sure by now he was finding it really creepy.
 
"So what was that all about?" Tim demanded as I walked back up to the table where my friends were getting ready to head the the next class. My mind was numb with the last five minutes of my life. Part of me expected to wake up in my bed and none of this having happened. I'd somehow gotten a date with Elizabeth Worthington and I had never had a date before. How did I jump off the deepest deep end of the girl swimming pool? The crazy part was that I wasn't the one who asked her, she had asked me! Me of all the guys, of all the football players, basketball players, popular drama guys whatever, of all of them....she asked ME out. ME!

Stacy frowned and tilted her head to look at me, "Jason what's wrong?"

I shook my head, "I have a date tonight."

Max snorted, "Yeah right, with who? Tim's Mom?"

"Fuck you Max." Tim spat.

"I"m going out with Elizabeth." I said.

"FUCK YOU Jason!" Tim roared. "Bullshit you didn't ask her out."

I nodded, "I know I didn't. She asked ME!"

My friends all stared at me for a long moment in shock, then Tim threw his hands up and shook his head, "I don't even know what is happen in this world anymore. Fuck it I quit, I'm going down to my basement to wait for the world to end." He grabbed his backpack and trotted off toward class.

Stacy smiled, "That's great news Jason. She seems....I dunno, but she's pretty so good for you guy."

"I feel like I am about to wet myself."

Max laughed, "Think she would still go out with you if you did?"

"Where are you going with her?" Stacy asked.

"I suggested dinner. I didn't know what else to do, but people go to dinner on dates right? Should I have thought of something less cliche?" I paniced.

"No no. Dinner seems to be about the right speed for you." Stacy patted me on the shoulder. "Good luck big guy."

"Fuck me." I moaned.

* * *

That night I got my Dad to let me borrow his truck and I dressed myself in a pair of slacks and a decent enough looking shirt. That was of course after I spent more time than any guy should ever admit to spending in the bathroom making sure no part of me smelled like anything other than bodysoap. I gave myself a splash of cologne and slicked my hair back.

I glanced at the clock and rushed out the door. I was going to meet Elizabeth at Wood Ranch Grill at eight, it was now seven fifty-five. My first date ever and my stupid ass was going to be late.
 
I kept telling myself the rest of the day that this was going to be a breeze. We would meet in public and have a nice normal date. I wasn't going to dress too suggestively and my control was going to be iron clad once again. So why was I standing outside of the Wood Ranch Grill in a very short black mini, black stiletto heels and a low cut royal blue top? I had even pulled my hair back from my face, but left the back of it long.

Glancing at my reflection in the restaurants windows...yes we do have reflections, after all how do you think we can look this good if we didn't have a way to see to it ourselves? Anyway, seeing what I looked like I wondered if my brain went on vacation when I was dressing. It almost scream for Jason to try something, anything just so I could justify attacking him? Groaning I turned from the reflection and waited for his arrival. I even tugged on the hem of the skirt, wishing I could magically make it grow an inch or two so it would touch the tops of my knees.

Moving over I took a seat on the bench, crossing my legs and waiting for Jason to show up. My eyes panned over the parking lot looking for him as my pulse sped up a bit in fear that he actually wouldn't show up. That would be priceless, me trying not to entice him even more and yet ended up dressed like I was and in the end he stands me up. I start to laugh softly at the irony of the situation.
 
God I felt like such as ass. My first date. First fucking date and I was late. I was never late for anything normally. Just I dunno, I guess Elizabeth had me flustered even when she wasn't around. Damn, was I really about to go on a date with Elizabeth? As I pulled into the Wood Ranch parking lot and got out of the car I saw her sitting on a bench outside the restuarant waiting for me. I am such an asshole, did I mention that already.

I could see her outfit from where I was, revealed quite more than I expected. I don't know why I expected her to be dressed like a nun or something, but I did. To see her legs coming from her short skirt made me grow a little red. It was a cold night yet Elizabeth didn't seem cold at all despite what she was wearing.

Not wanting to make her wait any longer, I trotting up the wooden ramp that led to the front door. "Hey Elizabeth sorry I'm late. I was...being very lame and misjudged time." I explained blushing.

I smiled and nodded at her, "Wow you look amazing." I confessed. "How are you not freezing though?"
 
I caught a glimpse of Jason and tried to turn away like I wasn't searching for him in the parking lot, after all, how creepy is that? I waited until he was almost there before looking back up. As my eyes locked on him I couldn't help but smile, even though I felt the building already in my body.

He apologized for being late, "It's alright, I haven't been waiting long," I said trying to make him feel a little better about being late and yet I remembered the racing my heart with the thought that he wouldn't show at all. Uncrossing my legs I slowly stood up just as I realized that it was chilly probably to most, but to me I didn't notice it. "Oh I'm fine, guess I haven't been out here long enough to really notice it yet," trying to come up with some reason why there weren't any goosebumps on my arms or legs, much less that I wasn't shivering. I really needed to start remembering to wear coats and things like that in public.

"Besides, you're here now," smiling again I turned toward the door, not finishing the thought that was rolling through my head, which included body and blood. As we made our way inside I glanced to him, "I'm glad you came," even though I was feeling the heat rise in my blood and my hunger rising with it, I was still glad he came. I needed to figure out what it was about him that gave me such a reaction to him.

Taking a seat at a table my eyes found their way to him yet again. I really needed to find something else to look at for the night. Can you say stalker much? Opening the menu I glanced down at it and tried to keep my eyes on that instead of looking at Jason like I have been doing for the past few days. "Recommend anything," I asked him, trying to find something easy to talk about.
 
Once we got seated at out table I became aware that this was actually happening. Elizabeth looked wonderful and even from across the table I could smell the perfume coming from her. She wore a soft, sweet scent that tingled my nose and somehow made me hungry. Don't ask me why. I tried hard to look at my menu, but my eyes kept glancing up to look at her. Somehow I expected her to be gone each time I glanced up, like I was dreaming all this.

I shrugged, "Well it is a kind of steakhouse, they are basically famous for the Tri-Tip." I told her. I had to remind myself that she wasn't from the area, she might not have Wood Ranches where she is from. The waitress came and brought us garlic butter rolls and took our drink order. I know we were both underage, but somehow I felt really childish ordering a Coke. Like I was seven or some shit.

I smiled at Elizabeth and said, "You get whatever looks good though, I'm getting the Top Sirloin, because it is as lean as you can get without getting a tiny Filet. Nothing beats a good steak you know?" I set my menu aside and locked my eyes on her again. God she was beautiful, her features were flawless, amazingly flawless. Now that I thought about it she was flawless in complexion. How did she not have a little scar, pock mark or blemish.

Well she was only eighteen, so maybe I'm retarded. I found myself trying to make her somewhat less perfect so that I could justify her being on a date with me of all people.

The waitress came back and we ordered our food, then I leaned forward and looked into her eyes, "So you are extremely extremely beautiful." I said like it was absolute fact. "Every guy at school must have bothered you to go out with them right? Why me? It was my ketchup joke wasn't it? See I knew that jokes were the way to go." I smiled and winked.
 
My eyes kept slipping from the menu to glance at Jason. I was still trying to figure out what it was about him that had my body on alert...well not really alert, that sounds more like there is danger Will Robinson...yeah sue me, I liked that movie. Annnyway, okay he seem to cause my body to go up in flames without the actual real fire...better? Didn't think so. It is just so hard to describe feelings to someone, but lets just say I don't feel this with anyone I come across. Most of the time it is dull and boring. In fact if I didn't have to have blood to sustain myself I probably would have crawled into a hole by now.

I realized I was starring again and smiled as the waitress coming by to take a drink order saved me from having to explain yet again why I was giving him the stalker look. I looked back at my menu, but then he brought up what he liked to get an it was a good choice in steaks. I never understood the concept of ribs or even a ribeye. I know fat makes the flavor thing, but damn once I have flavor, get rid of the fat will ya? Okay my mind was made up to be a bit more stalkerish and order the same thing.

Once the orders were taken he turned to me and actually leaned closer to me. The compliment he gave me was certainly something I heard a lot, but for some reason coming from him actually made me blush. I averted my eyes from him a moment wondering why someone as old as me was blushing because of some 18 year old guy's compliment. Then he did it...he brought up the joke he had said to me when he first came over. I started to giggle before looking back at him, "The joke was a nice touch Jason. I'm still sorry about that first meeting. I was dealing with...well some stuff and it just wasn't a great time, but I am glad you agreed to come out with me tonight. That way I can get to know you better and you will stop thinking of me as a royal bitch for my attitude."

I wasn't sure why all of a sudden I was defending him again, but here I was doing just that. I licked over my lips as I brought the Coke to my lips to stop myself from being too much of an idiot for the night. Taking a sip of it, I placed it on the table, "Tell me what you like doing Jason...I know school isn't it. Have any hobbies or anything?" I was trying to turn away from that day from hell for me. It was hell because I simply wanted to sink my teeth into him, which was something that didn't happen...at least not that often.
 
I watched her bring her glass to her lips, I watched her throat work to swallow the soda and felt the heat creep up my face. How I wanted to be that glass in that moment. Elizabeth going out with me was my first date, I never even had anything that could be called close to being a girlfriend. So I was finding myself hoping for more to happen that I had any right to desire. Still, a kiss wasn't much to hope for was it? Didn't people kiss on first dates?

She smiled at me and asked me a question about myself. Talking? Oh right I forgot about talking, we should talk. No I should talk. Why wasn't I talking right now, it wasn't a hard question she asked? I should really stop staring at her and definately stop thinking about making out with her. I wonder what she looked like naked.

Argh! Talk you idiot!

"Umm, hobbies? Well I guess the same stuff most guys our age like. I play a lot of video games, I go to the beach with my friends. I hate the water, but I love bikini's so I sit and guard the car while my friend surf and people watch." I said. "Do you like the beach? Cause you could totally keep me company, we can make fun of people." I offered.
 
Yes that did sound like a typical guy, especially the bikini part of all of that. His question did bring a smile to my face, "I actually do like the beach and I would love to keep you company. Do you go every weekend?" If I didn't watch myself I could easily fall into the norm with Jason and that wasn't a smart idea. It lead to me pretending to be human again, which I wasn't.

"In fact I have a bikini you might like," I stated as I reached for a roll while we waited for dinner. My eyes glanced over to Jason and I noticed he was starring at me. I smiled not sure if it was my presence or the bomb I just dropped about a bikini and him imagining me in it. Just the idea of how he would look at me in one made me wish we were at the beach to find out already. I placed my hand on his to snap him out of his thoughts just as the food arrived. "Looks delicious."

I was certainly hungry, but I knew not all of the hunger was for the food in front of me, in fact the majority of it was for the guy sitting across from me. I started to cut the steak and slipped a piece between my lips, licking the juices off of my lips slowly, just to get Jason's reaction from it.

I giggled to myself thankful that I wasn't the only one caught up in this spell that seemed to be around us. My eyes moved between my food and Jason, both very tempting. I could feel that fire burning bright inside, growing stronger every moment he was close to me. I wasn't sure how much longer I would be able to hold out before the fire and hunger was threatening to take over, but until that point I was going to enjoy my time with Jason, just a normal woman.
 
She had to be fucking with me. Elizabeth was a giant fucking tease, what a bitch. She knew how hot she was, she knew I was totally lusting for her, she had to know. Yet she fucking taunted me by like sucking the pieces of meat she put into her mouth and licking the fucking fork. You know how hard it was for me to not just stare and drool at her? Nearly impossible. FUCK!

I turned my attention to my steak and focused on cutting the entire piece of meat into bite-sized pieces before even taking one bite. I needed something to focus my attentions somewhere other than Elizabeth's little show. I mean it was a good show, I would subscribe on Youtube if I could. But sitting right in front of me was a tease. I mean my pants were tight now as I picture horribly naughty things with her.

Is it wrong that I pictured her rubbing a piece of steak between her breasts while she wore a bikini before popping the meat into her mouth and sucking it of its juices? That isn't creepy right?

I finally took a bite of steak and savored the taste, it was good meat. Not gonna lie. Though as a general rule, I don't suck on meat. So I chewed and swallowed then went for another bite.

I needed to keep her talking, making her stop with the licking and sucking on the steak so that I could keep from jizzing my pants. "So where did you live before coming out here to Ventura?" I asked her.
 
I picked up the next bite of steak when Jason's voice brought my attention to him, just as I was part of the way to my lips with the bite. Two things happened at once, I paused to answer his question and the piece of steak slipped from the fork and dropped down the front of my top to land right between my breasts.

The feel of that steak, let alone the juices sliding down my chest had me gasping and glancing down before looking at Jason, "You wished for that didn't you?" Laughing and feeling like a complete spaz at that time I glanced around and hoped no one was watching me, I reached down into my shirt and slipped the piece of steak from where it rested between my breast. Slipping the piece into my mouth and licking off my fingers I glared playfully at Jason, "Not a word." I grabbed a napkin, "Unless of course you were thinking about licking it for me."

That comment stopped me mid motion, wondering if I actually said that or if I had just thought it. My eyes slowly moved up to Jason to see if I had actually said it. The look on his face told me that I had actually voiced it, "Oh god! Jason, I'm so sorry, I....well...I'm sorry, I didn't mean... well yeah I did, but that is not the point." Waving my hand frantically wishing I had the ability to take that comment back, I placed the napkin over my breast for a moment before trying to dry off the juice from the steak. Feeling my cheeks redden with what happened, much less the comment that slipped from my mouth. What a way to totally blow this date to hell and back!
 
There is a GOD! I leaned back and fought very hard not to lean forward and look down her shirt as she reached for the lost piece of meat. I wondered if she would ever let me lick her there, like she teased. I wondered if I would ever loose my virginity. I wondered a lot of things. I wondered if a tomato was really a fruit.

I had to force myself to advert my gaze from her reaching fingers so that she didn't think of me as a creep. I looked at my plate, I looked at the pictures on the wall, I looked at the waitresses ass...ugh not helping. I shifted in my seat and tried to appear as comfortable as possible.

She teased me and profoundly began to apologize which one made me blush harder. I felt bad that she felt bad for teasing me. Which is weird I think. I shook my head and said, "Maybe one day." I winked and honestly played it as cool as I possible could have.

She was red with her comment too so at least I wasn't alone in that. Plus it made me feel better if I was perfectly honest. It meant that even though she seemed perfect and looked perfect, she wasn't perfect. There was a human in all that untouchable beauty, and that brought her closer to obtainable through my eyes.
 
Jason's comment at least put me a little at ease about what my big mouth sprouted. I glanced down and tried to make sure I got ever bit of steak juice off my skin much less my top. Sighing heavily I finally put the napkin back in my lap. Wasn't that were it was supposed to go to catch falling food? Why the hell didn't it work? Maybe I needed to start wearing a bib or something.

Glancing back to Jason I couldn't help but start laughing. Here we were, both red as could be, probably both feeling like complete idiots for the night and yet we hadn't exploded....yet. The easiness around him was making that rein on control harder and harder. I tried to get us back on track before my eyes start to slip to the pulse in his neck I could almost make out without even looking. Taking a deep breath I stabbed the next piece of meat really good and before I even moved it from the plate I asked him, "Now what was your question," which just made me start to laugh again.

This night was not turning out how I had planned, not in the least. Maybe it was best if I just stopped while I was ahead. "Oh, where I lived before here. Well sort of all over. I move a lot, which sucks and not in a good way." Oh God I thought, there goes my mouth again, so I tried to quickly recover before we both ended up blood red again....mmmm blood did sound tasty that very moment. "Okay it looks like we are going to have a very unusual night, so I will make you a deal, I won't hold anything against you and you don't hold anything against me okay?" Though just the mere mention of holding things against him was starting the thoughts once again. If we didn't finish this dinner, I was going to end up doing something that probably wouldn't be for public viewing.
 
I smiled and leaned forward, "What if I really really want to hold something against you?" I raise my eyebrow. "Like this fork." I said holding the fork to her hand. "Or umm my straw." I took my straw and dropped a drop of coke onto the back of her hand. "What you gonna say about that?"

I sat back and put my straw back in my soda and took a drink. If nothing else I was at least getting a little more comfortable being around her, which was a good thing. That tingling sensation she caused through out my entire body was dulling down to a low hum. DEfinately still there but at least I felt like I could think over the noise. It was weird how it worked, I mean every guy had to be attracted to her. But I was extremely attracted to her, like I wanted to breath her in.

There have been other girls that I have had a crush one and surely wanted to have sex with. Man I wanted to have sex with a LOT of girls. But there was no feeling I've ever had before like what I felt with Elizabeth. The crazy thing was, she was acting funny with me too and for the first time I wondered if maybe she was feeling the same way, could we be like a real life romeo and juliet?
 
My eyebrow raised at his statement before the fork touched my hand and then the drop of coke landed. I smirk lightly at him before raising my hand up, "Ummmm you left something, time to get to licking."

I figured at this point if he wanted to tease and pick on me, then it was only fair to do the same to him. I picked up the piece of steak I had literally stabbed earlier with my fork and brought it to my lips as I waited for him to clean off my hand. I kind of expected him to dab it with his napkin, but then again with the mood he seemed to shift to he may just lick it off. If he did that we were going to need the check and soon. I wouldn't be able to continue this teasing like this, taking a step closer and closer to me losing the last bit of control I was working so hard to hold on to.

It was nice to see him get a bit more relaxed and yet I knew that could be dangerous as well. I finally gave in to the temptation, "Now see I was hoping you would want to hold something more, say warm, against me." I winked to him as I turned to my own drink and started to take a sip, making sure to brush the very tip of the straw with my tongue before it slipped into my mouth. Yes I was being evil in every way, but he started it....I was just going to finish it.
 
I blinked and said, "Wow graphic. OR umm suggestive." That was weird to me. I mean not weird, because girls usually didn't tease me sexually, or even suggestively. So to have Elizabeth talk like that and hold her hand toward me giving me the actual chance to do something naughty or something with her was throwing me for a leap.

I ended up cleaning her hand on a napkin and raised my eyebrow at her. "You are teasing the wrong guy. Well actually I guess you aren't, this is like my first date ever so I mean you could lie down and say have at it and I wouldn't haven't any idea how to start it."

I sighed and shook my head, "I'm talking too much." I finished off the last bite of my steak and offered her the desert menu. "Some cake?"
 
Finish up my own dinner I glanced at the dessert menu that Jason offered and shook my head, "I'm good." I took another sip of my coke and finally decided to jump off the deep end with him, "I'm sure if I laid down and said that to you, you would figure out rather quickly how to start it."

It did bug me a bit that this was his first date, which would in turn mean he had never been with anyone sexually before. I was starting to feel bad that he caught some attention in me, me of all people. That control I was having such a hard time hold on to was firmly in my grip at that news flash. It wasn't right of me to act on the reaction that he was giving my body when in fact he hadn't had a chance to live his own life.

I knew I needed to get away from him, let him go as it were, so he could live that life. Learn to love and all that stuff you hear about. Although I will admit, after a few centuries I have determined it is all overrated. Look where love had gotten me over the years. I killed my first fiance, I gave in to a vampire whom I never have seen since and I have one way or another destroyed the men I have loved. Jason was too nice of a guy to put him through all of that.

I noticed I had grown rather quiet and I turned my attention to him with a soft smile. "I enjoyed this and I am really shocked you haven't been out before now....with a girl. We will just call this a step in the right direction shall we?" Trying to see a smile on his face, some sign that I at least started the ball rolling with him living that life. I felt the evening coming to an end and I was sure that he would want to continue it. While I would have loved to, just the thought that what I wanted to do would eventually take him from this life of his put a stop in my head. Though the body was certainly up for it, after all it didn't care, it just craved and it was craving him...badly.
 
I chuckled and shook my head, "Yeah a step in the right direction. You know how much shock I was in all day becuase of this date? I mean you couldn't know how many girl's I've asked out, how many crushes have shot me down because I'm not into sports or public masturbation or whatever. When you turned around and asked me, you of all people, well I was afraid my nose would start bleeding." I laughed, "My friends still don't believe it. Tim wants me to get a picture of us together, but you have to be smiling in the photo or he will assume it's photoshopped, not that I couldn't photoshop a smile anyway."

I paid the bill and we left the restaurant, slowly though as if we both knew that the night was coming to an end, and I don't think either of us wanted it too. Gently, and slowly I took Elizabeth's hand as we headed out the door. Her skin was cool to the touch and extremely soft. I figured she had been holding her cold cola glass which was why her hand felt down right chilly to the touch.

We went outside and I turned toward her, feeling like this was the moment of truth. Was this about to be my first kiss goodnight? Or was the night even over, after all it was still early. As I faced her, I realized that our bodies were very close and I could feel that tingling in my body louder than ever. We seemed to fit, like if I pushed against her, her body would meet mine perfectly to do whatever we wanted to each other.

"So....." I said softly, "Umm....what do you wanna do now?" I voice felt hot, my throat tense.
 
((Druglord and his Pet have no respect for people's threads they weren't invited to.))

"Well their loss Jason. They are the ones that are too worried about what they may look like in the eyes of others. They will have a long hard life. Laughing softly about his friends, "If you want pictures Jason all you had to do was ask, but I would want you to try to impress your friends. They either believe you or not."

As we left the restaurant I felt his hand take mine. I glanced to him and smiled, feeling my fingers wrapping around his warm hand. Although I knew we needed to end the night I just couldn't seem to get the words out. When he turned toward me, his eyes locking with mine I felt the jolt in my body, that control trying to rip from my grasp again. He was close, real close and I could tell that we would fit perfectly together which made that control slip a bit more.

I was fighting myself even as I drew closer to him. I not only could feel his pulse in his hand, I could also hear that thump in his chest as it started to speed up. It wasn't fear, at least not the kind I was used to. This kind of fear was something else, it was an uncertainty. Breathing in his scent I knew I should step back, I should leave, but no amount of trying to force myself was working. "I should be leaving. I'm...ummm...I should go Jason." Even as I voice the words I couldn't stop myself from pressing my lips softly to his. My free hand coming up to cup his cheek even though I knew I shouldn't be doing this.
 
Back
Top