How to carry your Colt 1911 semi-auto pistol

Every person who espouses the glorification of guns has their finger on the next trigger.

Your lack of rationality is astounding.

You might as well say every person who doesn't want to ban trucks has their foot on the next gas pedal.

Every person who doesn't want to ban knives has their hand on the next blade?

Every person who doesn't want to ban hammers has their hand on the next assault?

According to you, we need more laws, that will solve everything. (Actually, I don't know what is according to you, as you refuse to answer straightforward questions.)

If only we had a law against, you know, murder.

Don't you find it the least bit strange that for other crime, we blame the person who is actually committing it, but if a gun is involved people blame the object used by the criminal? Why is that I wonder?

I await what I am sure will be either deafening silence or another emotional name-calling outburst.
 
Your lack of rationality is astounding.

You might as well say every person who doesn't want to ban trucks has their foot on the next gas pedal.

Every person who doesn't want to ban knives has their hand on the next blade?

Every person who doesn't want to ban hammers has their hand on the next assault?

According to you, we need more laws, that will solve everything. (Actually, I don't know what is according to you, as you refuse to answer straightforward questions.)

If only we had a law against, you know, murder.

Don't you find it the least bit strange that for other crime, we blame the person who is actually committing it, but if a gun is involved people blame the object used by the criminal? Why is that I wonder?

I await what I am sure will be either deafening silence or another emotional name-calling outburst.

Dealing with Nl reminds me of a saying, "ignorance can be treated, stupidity is forever". She is a prime example.

Best of luck to her crusade to change lit and the threads to her liking.

Maybe she can start a how to thread when she succeeds.
 
A 1911 carry question:

Can anyone recommend a vertical shoulder holster that isn't the Galco VHS?

Has to be vertical, and closed end so the muzzle is covered. Thanks.
 
OTCurve, I read all of your numbers ...very persuasive. Except.

Reducing a 3 year old child gunned down in a carseat by a citizen exercising his 2A rights to a number is morally dubious, and that's being generous. The 2nd has a human cost.
 
Last edited:
OTCurve, I read all of your numbers ...very persuasive. Except.

Reducing a 3 year old child gunned down in a carseat by a citizen exercising his 2A rights to a number is morally dubious, and that's being generous. The 2nd has a human cost.

Please enlighten us to this particular incident and all particulars involved.
 
No recommendations for a good vertical shoulder holster for the 1911?

I don't shoulder carry, wish I could help you.

Maybe someone will jump in to help but more than likely you will just hear from whiny asses that have no real input on this thread and should have just moved along to ones that they can contribute to positively.
 
Reading the two articles you cited has me a little confused as to what exactly you are trying to say, so please help me to understand you a little better.

Both situations were where a criminal shot someone.

In the first case, it was a family, and police believe it was not random.

In the second, well, I don't know what is going on with the second exactly. Just bear with me for a moment. According to the article, after an exchange of honking horns, a man gets out of his car and fired once into the car in front. The grandmother then drives nine miles to a JC Penney, and only then realizes her grandchild is shot? There was a second young child in the car as well. The grandmother, after the criminal fired into her car, didn't take off to the police or at least check to see if the little kids were ok, but drove to a store nine miles away?

What's your take on what was going on?

But these are the tales of two criminals. We don't know who they are, how they armed themselves, etc.

You said in an earlier post,
"Reducing a 3 year old child gunned down in a carseat by a citizen exercising his 2A rights to a number is morally dubious, and that's being generous. The 2nd has a human cost."

I don't quite understand what you mean. When we say, for example, two children die each day as a result of being poisoned, we are reducing them to a number, to report them. How would you do it?

Lastly, if you look out into this world, you'll find nearly everything has a human cost.
 

So you link THIS to someone exercising their 2nd amendment rights? Incredible.

Sounds like bangers or dealers and neither give a shit about any laws.

Thank you for the insight to your mindset. You mention a specific incident and then throw a pile of shit out there hoping something sticks but can't cite the specific incident. Got it.
 
Again, a criminal. Not a law abiding citizen " exercising " their 2nd amendment rights.

You, as someone that has been here long enough to know better, if a thread doesn't interest you, if it bothers you or if you have nothing worth contributing.... move along.

There are plenty of other threads you can vent on.

Do you have any useful information on the carrying of a 1911?
Hi, I don't believe we've met. Are you a new HT moderator? :)
 
Hi, I don't believe we've met. Are you a new HT moderator? :)



Oh my!

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • image.gif
    image.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 3
Again, a criminal. Not a law abiding citizen " exercising " their 2nd amendment rights.

You, as someone that has been here long enough to know better, if a thread doesn't interest you, if it bothers you or if you have nothing worth contributing.... move along.

There are plenty of other threads you can vent on.

Do you have any useful information on the carrying of a 1911?

The Second says nothing about "law abiding citizens"; it arms them all, good, bad, and ugly. And that's a problem.
 
The Second says nothing about "law abiding citizens"; it arms them all, good, bad, and ugly. And that's a problem.

I think you might be missing a point or two. Bear with me.

You state that the Second arms them all, not just the law biding. But we do have laws that limit gun ownership and enact gun control. The ones that make the spotlight are the gun control laws, bans on magazine capacity, bans on cosmetic features (that do nothing but 'look evil') and the oh so effective enactment of gun-free zones?

It is already against the law to murder, so why is there a problem?

The problem here is quite simply stated: Criminals do not obey the laws.

Criminals use guns that are prohibited, modified, or just plain illegal for law-biding citizens to own. Laws will not change that, as the criminals are not obeying the laws.

More laws would be no help whatsoever in addressing the actual problem.

I believe we need to address the 'gun violence' issue at the cause, which is violence. A classic example is Chicago, with incredibly restrictive gun control laws, yet an insane level of violence. As of this post, 631 people have been shot and killed in Chicago. Total number of people shot? 3338. Yep, over three-thousand people have been shot in Chicago. Not by the law biders, that's for sure. You figure out why that level of violence is going on, and allowed to continue, and maybe we all can think of a workable solution.

I'm willing to try. How about you?
 
But we do have laws that limit gun ownership and enact gun control.

...but they are not working are they. There is a problem which is growing and the statistics hold that up. The existing gun control laws obviously need to be strengthened and upheld more consistently in your country. (This is not stopping the right to own a gun)

The culture of gun glorification is threatening the security and health of your population. It is a health threat - people are dying.

"Every year in the U.S., more than 30,000 people die from things related to guns.

That puts guns ahead of HIV, Parkinson's disease, malnutrition, hypertension, intestinal infection, peptic ulcer, anemia, viral hepatitis, biliary tract disease, atherosclerosis and fires. Yet, the funding for research on gun violence lags far behind other leading causes of death, according to a study published Tuesday in the Journal of the American Medical Association."
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...e-should-be-treated-as-a-public-health-crisis

"A more recent study published this year in JAMA Internal Medicine found that Florida’s adoption of a “stand your ground” law, which broadened homeowners’ right to use lethal force in self-defense, was linked to an “abrupt and sustained increase” in homicides by firearm."
http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-guns-public-health-20171010-story.html

The following video basically represents how the rest of the world views this health threat in USA.
"Say nay to NRA (nonsensical rifle addiction)"
https://youtu.be/a-o9pwWUzz0
It really is not a laughing matter though.

This whingy "blah blah blah you can't take our guns away" does contribute to the massive and escalating health issue killing people by the tens of thousands every year in US. Refusal to engage in conversation to reduce this risk most certainly is part of the problem.

A gun does not make a man. Tighter gun control can not strip away masculinity or indeed change sexual orientation, a concept that toeskr appears to struggle with (I wonder why?). Having the courage to not only admit there is a massive health issue in your country but actually promote actions and support policies to reduce this contagion will contribute to saving more lives than owning a gun.

The extent of this health issue is of a proportion in US that other countries (which manage their gun laws sensibly) have a great cause for concern for the spreading of this gun glorification mindset that is costing so many lives.

Perhaps I have it all wrong, the answer must be in reducing or removing gun ownership restrictions. Hand out semi and fully automatic weapons to every family and every school lunch packed with a Glock. Good luck with that.

NRA money is death money bribing your politicians.

____________________________
Literotica is not a gun glorification forum. I see no mention of guns in:
"Welcome to Literotica, your FREE source for the hottest in erotic fiction and fantasy. Literotica features 100% original sex stories from a variety of authors. Literotica accepts quality erotic story submissions from amateur authors and holds story contests for contributors. We offer a huge selection of adult fantasies to choose from, and are always on the lookout for new and exciting ideas. We encourage you to contact us with any comments or suggestions on how we can make this free sex story site more pleasurable for you. Have fun and enjoy yourselves while visiting Literotica Erotic Fiction! All story characters involved in sexual situations on this adult erotic web site are over the age of consent."
 
...but they are not working are they. There is a problem which is growing and the statistics hold that up. The existing gun control laws obviously need to be strengthened and upheld more consistently in your country.

Way to be unemotional there, NightL. Color me shocked. And some more of you commenting on people's masculinity and sexual orientation. That's the way to change minds, you bet.

I will keep this short. No, the laws are not working, that is the point. The strictest laws, the laws that keep the guns out of the hands of the law biding, do not work, as the criminals do NOT obey those laws. I'll say it again, the criminals do NOT obey those laws, so how exactly would more laws solve anything, since the law biding aren't the problem?

You answer me that, if you can. I'd really like to know.
 
Wow you feel insecure about that as well? Even though I directed that to toerag.

By and large criminals are not the brightest of the bunch, sure there are probably a few exceptions. Tighter controls and registrations of firearms are not going to impact on you - really they are not and you know that. Those restrictions may prevent just one gun being stolen... or more...

You come back time and time again to defend physical objects and a mindset that kills people - you have to live with that.
 
Wow you feel insecure about that as well? Even though I directed that to toerag.

By and large criminals are not the brightest of the bunch, sure there are probably a few exceptions. Tighter controls and registrations of firearms are not going to impact on you - really they are not and you know that. Those restrictions may prevent just one gun being stolen... or more...

You come back time and time again to defend physical objects and a mindset that kills people - you have to live with that.

Nope, not at all. I merely pointed out the comments as more of your attacks against those you disagree with.

So I ask you to explain how more laws would solve anything, as criminals don't obey the laws, and your response is that new laws won't impact on me, someone who follows the law, but will somehow work on the criminal element? How do you figure that?

A mindset that kills people? Do you mean a mindset that allows people to defend themselves against those who would do them harm? I think if someone bursts into a house, intent on killing the parents and raping the children, the parents get to defend themselves and their kids. I think if someone threatens your life, you get to defend yourself. Or at least have the choice to do so.

It seems you do not, and you have to live with that.
 
Back
Top