Choose your Own Adventure OOC

ThomasShort

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jul 24, 2012
Posts
534
Here we go!

I will reply shortly, my life is all over the shop at the mo. So sorry if this Rp is slower than the usual on this forum.
 
Hey man! S, what we Nona post here? Since this is not a regular RP, this can't be a regular OOC.
 
Hello everyone! It seems I am number 6 :) I thought that I would put my character profile on here rather than the IC thread to avoid clutter.
ThomasShort If there is anything in the character profile that needs to be changed feel free to let me know (and if Eladrin isn't a suitable race that is cool as well- just let me know) :)


Name Inariel Sei’rionne
Race: Eladrin
Gender: Female
Age: 195
Height: 5’6”
Build: Average build for an Eladrin, but slender compared to a human.
Hair: Hip length silver hair, worn loose with strings of delicate crystals strung throughout and an intricately wrought silver circlet on her head.
Eyes: Opalescent pupil-less eyes of vibrant ultramarine
Appearance: Inariel has fair skin like a human and the long pointed ears that are typically attributed to the elves. As a member of a long-lived race she does not look as one would expect a 195 year old to look, instead she looks like an Eladrin who is in the prime of her life.
When travelling Inariel wears a black leather pants and a grey linen shirt underneath a black leather corset embossed with the intricate scrollwork of her people. When performing or relaxing at an inn, tavern or city she prefers to wear long, elegant silk gowns of blue, grey or silver that are beautifully embroidered and flatteringly tailored.
Weapons: A shortbow, arrows, a sharp longsword and an even sharper tongue. Inariel prefers diplomacy to fighting and will often fight with words rather than weapons. Inariel also carries around her beloved lute.
Background: Inariel was born and raised in the large Eladrin city known as ‘Arrenatis’ in Eladrin or ‘Seahaven’ in common. Arrenatis is built upon the shores of the far-eastern coast, existing between the Feywild and the world. Unlike many other Fey/Eladrin cities which reside solely in the Feywild or can only be accessed at natural borders between night and day, Arrenatis is easily accessed by Fey and short-lived races alike as it is built on the in-between of land and sea.
Inariel’s mother was a healer and her father was a renowned artist. Her parent’s talents were not lost on their only daughter, Inariel had shown a proficiency for the arts at a young age. Inariel learnt to sing almost as soon as she had learnt to talk. Her entire childhood was spent travelling between different Eladrin cities whilst her parents carefully skirted the borders of the realms, preferring to reside in the Feywild. However, at a spring faire in Arrenatis at the age of twenty-five Inariel was in the audience whilst a human bard came to play at court. Hearing the tales of the courage of the short-lived races both fascinated and inspired her and she spent decades studying the history of her own world and the world beyond its borders.
Lovers and friends came and went as they often did in Eladrin culture, but she remained close to her parents and family. She had two serious relationships but her suitors could never understand her interest in the world beyond the Feywild and soon tired of her obsessions. After her last relationship ended Inariel asked her father’s friend, a talented musician, to teach her how to play the lute.
At the age of seventy five Inariel said farewell to her parents and ventured into the mortal realm, armed with her lute, a longsword, and an intrinsic interest to learn everything she could about the world. Since then she had spent her time travelling, gathering knowledge and creating songs about the tumultuous history of the world she had come to love. Inariel was fascinated by the passion, impulsiveness and ephemeral lives of the other races.
Inariel has the otherworldy, detached and alluring draw of her people. The songs that she composes and performs span the centuries and speak of heroes that the short-lived races oft forget. Inariel takes pleasure from sharing her experiences and stories with others and especially loves being able to share tales about unsung heroes. Inariel is patient and deliberate and is currently travelling the world at a leisurely pace; she wants to see the entire country but is in no particular rush to do so.

Note: The Eladrin are kinda the more fey-like version of the Elves (very basic and dodgy comparison, but I think it is the easiest way to sum it up). This character was based on info from D&D 4E



Looking forward to RPing with everyone!
XX
 
Last edited:
Hello everyone! It seems I am number 6 :) I thought that I would put my character profile on here rather than the IC thread to avoid clutter.XX

Ah, but who is the new Number 2?

...No one's going to get that joke, but I'm not taking it back.

Glad to see an OOC up; it'll be useful. I imagine that that we can post our choices here from now on (rather than inserting them in our text in parentheses) and also talk about any choices that need a consensus, make plans, plot, scheme, compliment one another on posts, etc. That's what most OOC's are for, anyway.
 
Glad to see you Spiders indeed!

I can only apologise for the lateness of myr eplies, internet and life are getting in my way. Rest assured I am still around
 
Everybody: Thanks for the warm welcomes :)

ThomasShort: No need at all to apologise- life can get crazy at the best of times.
 
Really? Well thanks guys. Tis rather fun playing it like this.

I just apologise to the halfling the sexy waitress left. I want to roleplay it with poor decisions as well as good ones and deciding she would wander off. So apologies. Maybe he'll get tall woman sex next time haha
 
Sorry for my late reply, I forgot to subscribe to this thread, so i didn't get the news we had a sixth player joining us. Welcom Spiders! Nice character, truly original. And Armphid, I have a feeling that joke is related to Austin Powers. Am I right?
 
Again sorry the late reply.

Things are kicking off, things are linking together. I'm trying to do less posts that still relate to you all, as many of you are experiencing the same things.

Also, is did I quote everyone playing in the last post. It is just 6 right?
 
Firstly, apologies, life has taken over once more.

Secondly, am I waiting on just one more person to reply before I readthrough and reply myself? Or are we up to date.
 
I write a full post.
Internet dies.
Lose post.

Sorry this is taking so long.

EDIT: Ignore me, its actually up!
 
Last edited:
Hey Thomas- it sucks about the forum eating your post! >_<
Just a question about our characters and what they would know.... How do we figure that out? For example, my character Inariel is quite old (in comparison to the plotters at least) and has made the history of the land and its heroes her lifes work... Would she recognise the magical blue energy of the crystal and the region it comes from?
Ta :)
SS
 
I was wondering about that myself, for your character, I mean, she is quite old, had traveled around, etc, etc. surely she had some idea of what this Gem is.
 
In all honesty I have been contemplating this myself. What I may do is a system where I offer a choice where you can PM me in character, and maybe you pray to a god or something relating to your character.

I.e. monk characters pray. Scholars read text books. Adventurers recall old stories. Then I reply in PM in kind, so that your character can have information others do not. If however I deem you can't know it, I won;t tell ya.
 
Ok so I can just make a character and make up what he does and shit? There is no storyline right?
 
There is a current thread with many characters in it, and I wasn't going to bring in any more as its hard enough for me keeping up with them.

There is a storyline, to a degree, as in the IC thread.

However I always feel bad turning people away, as I love the idea of "more the merrier"
 
Back
Top