It's National Librarian's Day!

glynndah

good little witch.
Wanna take a peek at a good little witch in her other job as the library/lunch lady?

547949_10200930369200283_1394455785_n.jpg

What's in it for America?
Besides a chance to get a rare glimpse into the secret world of a library/lunch lady, not much.

What's that mess on your desk?
Given that it's probably supposed to be my desk, I think that's a book. However, it does bear a strong resemblance to a decapitated bird head, doesn't it?

My guess would be that is the lunch offering from the library/lunch lady. Given the probable age of the artist - good job.
Oh, good idea! I am the lunch lady for the kids in the cafeteria, but I do eat lunch at my desk so that could be my lunch.

And no, Ben, I do not eat bird heads.

My kiddo happens to love the librarian at her school, so happy Librarian Day to you.

When she grows up, my daughter wants to be a librarian.

And a superhero.

And a pink ninja.

And a race car driver.

And a rock star.

And . . . .

Besides a chance to get a rare glimpse into the secret world of a library/lunch lady, not much.

Given that it's probably supposed to be my desk, I think that's a book. However, it does bear a strong resemblance to a decapitated bird head, doesn't it?

Oh, good idea! I am the lunch lady for the kids in the cafeteria, but I do eat lunch at my desk so that could be my lunch.

And no, Ben, I do not eat bird heads.

I played a librarian, once; the pay sucks and no one tries to pick you up (EXCUSE ME SIR, I'M LOOKING FOR SOME HOT MONKEY LOVE) or make-out in the stacks. I did date a librarian, and theyre good lovers.

Librarians, especially Lady Librarians, are stock characters for the ugly duckling who turns into a swan as soon as the hero takes any notice of them.

But in England, librarians seem to be poets.

Librarian/Poet

Librarians, especially Lady Librarians, are stock characters for the ugly duckling who turns into a swan as soon as the hero takes any notice of them.

Librarian/Poet

Its rare to find librarian beauties but they are passionate and intelligent and well organized.

Does that mean I get to hug a librarian? There's this really hot one at my local branch... :D

(Not that you're not hot, glynndah. You're just very far away... ;))

I thank the Library staff every time I go there.
There is occasionally a rather nice lady. . . . . . .

Glydah,
Does the picture show you as being on TV, wearing some sort of headgear (think Religious Order), AND glasses ?

I used to work at a library, and I absolutely loved it... Ah, I miss those days sometimes. It was a fun job, and lots of cute college girls came in, too.

I read the title thinking it was National Nude Librarian's Day.

Needless to say, :(

Still THE classic: the librarian look, with the glasses (maybe on a chain) and the hair up. so much pent-up frustrations

Librarians are badass.

My middle school librarian was a vietnam vet who showed us slides of when he was a pilot firebombing the countryside.

He still remembers my name, when I showed up almost five years later to watch my sister's school play. I couldn't believe that he remembered me, and he said that I was in and out of the library at least three times a week. They nicknamed me 'speedy'.

I wish they were called Liberryans. I'm on a personal crusade to put the berry back in Liberry.

My kiddo happens to love the librarian at her school, so happy Librarian Day to you.

When she grows up, my daughter wants to be a librarian.

And a superhero.

And a pink ninja.

And a race car driver.

And a rock star.

And . . . .

I've been told by several women who work at school their daughters {first and second graders} play "Ms. glynndah" at home. I gave two little girls my outdated date-stamp so now I'm just about their favorite teacher ever.

I played a librarian, once; the pay sucks and no one tries to pick you up (EXCUSE ME SIR, I'M LOOKING FOR SOME HOT MONKEY LOVE) or make-out in the stacks. I did date a librarian, and theyre good lovers.
Oh, yes, the pay sucks, at least mine does. I'm making minimum wage. As for the picking up part, there are a couple of kindergarten boys with crushes, but I suppose that doesn't really count.

Librarian/Poet
I have more people who tell me librarians are sexy.

Its rare to find librarian beauties but they are passionate and intelligent and well organized.
Well, that first part is rather cruel, but I agree with the statement as a whole.

Here's a link to a list of books written by librarians, shared on Facebook by Ozzie Scribbler (who also publishes on here).

http://www.abebooks.com/blog/index....ibrarians-great-reads-written-by-the-experts/

:rose: to librarians, and thank you for all the help over the years finding arcane reading material for my studies, my teaching and my leisure pleasure.
I spend a good deal of my time helping grade schoolers find a book. Some of the requests are quite fun, as when I was asked by a trio of very innocent looking little girls "Where are your books on how to be spies?"

Does that mean I get to hug a librarian? There's this really hot one at my local branch... :D

(Not that you're not hot, glynndah. You're just very far away... ;))
Well, I'm sure if you preface {a good word for someone who deals with books} with an explanation that it's National Librarian's Day, how could s/he say no? Of course, it's "national" so it might just be in the states. However, no one says you can't start the celebration where you are.

I thank the Library staff every time I go there.
There is occasionally a rather nice lady. . . . . . .

Glydah,
Does the picture show you as being on TV, wearing some sort of headgear (think Religious Order), AND glasses ?
TV? I don't know about that. I have no idea about the head gear ~ I promise I've never worn bunny ears to school ~ but perhaps she was trying to "glam" me up a bit and added a big bow to the top of my head. I do wear reading glasses occasionally. I'm still at a loss about the thing on my desk, though.

I used to work at a library, and I absolutely loved it... Ah, I miss those days sometimes. It was a fun job, and lots of cute college girls came in, too.
My clientele is limited to the little ones, Kindergarten through sixth grade. The kindergarten doesn't visit the library, but I pick out a book each day which I read in their classroom.

I read the title thinking it was National Nude Librarian's Day.

Needless to say, :(
Oh, sorry, sweetie. There are 364 days left on the calendar. Perhaps you can start your own day. I'd suggest avoiding the inclement months, though.

Still THE classic: the librarian look, with the glasses (maybe on a chain) and the hair up. so much pent-up frustrations
My hair's too short to be "up", and sorry, no chain. If I'm not wearing the glasses, I tend to have the tip of the earpiece in my mouth. I won't comment about your pent-up frustrations.

Ya, that's what I was thinking I'd see nude.
Hm. I suppose I could be nude and that's my chair, but I really think I'm wearing a dress.

Librarians are badass.

My middle school librarian was a vietnam vet who showed us slides of when he was a pilot firebombing the countryside.

He still remembers my name, when I showed up almost five years later to watch my sister's school play. I couldn't believe that he remembered me, and he said that I was in and out of the library at least three times a week. They nicknamed me 'speedy'.
Wow! I can't compete with that. I'll have to settle for the gumball machine I keep on my desk during certain contest times.

Happy Librarian Day to you, Glynndah!:rose:
Thank you.

A :kiss: from the good little witch.

I wish they were called Liberryans. I'm on a personal crusade to put the berry back in Liberry.
That's what I'm often called, and I had strawberries for lunch at my desk. Perhaps that's a start.

I've been told by several women who work at school their daughters {first and second graders} play "Ms. glynndah" at home. I gave two little girls my outdated date-stamp so now I'm just about their favorite teacher ever.

Oh, yes, the pay sucks, at least mine does. I'm making minimum wage. As for the picking up part, there are a couple of kindergarten boys with crushes, but I suppose that doesn't really count.

I have more people who tell me librarians are sexy.

Well, that first part is rather cruel, but I agree with the statement as a whole.

I'm not hard to please when it comes to females, and relish plenty who are at the low end of 'plain.' Grooming and hygiene matter to me. I do not like to be ambushed by yeast infections when I'm inside their personal space. But our library seems to hire all the outliers. Like the guy who looks like his head sits atop his really large ass. He has no neck or chest or abs! Or the lady with zits on steroids.

I'm not hard to please when it comes to females, and relish plenty who are at the low end of 'plain.' Grooming and hygiene matter to me. I do not like to be ambushed by yeast infections when I'm inside their personal space. But our library seems to hire all the outliers. Like the guy who looks like his head sits atop his really large ass. He has no neck or chest or abs! Or the lady with zits on steroids.
:eek: I like to think, although I could be deluding myself, that I'm a bit farther along that line than "the low end of plain".

:eek: I like to think, although I could be deluding myself, that I'm a bit farther along that line than "the low end of plain".

Ha! I assume you are good looking, and always have.

But you aint here in Prickwinkle County where the women are strong and the men live with mom. The ugly people gotta be somewhere, and somewhere is here.

Back