The General Commentary Thread

If it involves 5 senses, I might have to bail. I only have 3 operating at 100%.

My nose has only worked for a few days in the last 8 eight years. Don't ask me why. Your guess is as good as mine. I'm leaning towards brain tumor. Unfortunately, one of the signs of a brain tumor is experiencing the smell of burnt toast. Since I can't smell it it, I'm fucked.

Otherwise, I'm color blind .... depending on the light. The poorer the lighting, the worse I become at distinguishing colors from one another. I still have to have people shop with me while purchasing clothes, otherwise I'd end up with pink underwear instead of white.

See what you think when I get the thread set up. I sympathize with your situation. My ex-husband and my son are color blind. I used to have to help my ex put outfits together for work because he couldn't see colors in the red/green/orange range--they mostly look gray to him. And don't get me started on sense of smell. I feel like I live in the allergy capital of America. My city sits on a plateau surrounded by tree-covered mountains. It's gorgeous but all that pollen drifts down on us. Some days it feels like the whole population is sneezing and blowing its nose! :rolleyes:


If no one else sets up a DB, I'll DB again mid-late August. How's that?

That sounds wonderful. Thank you for keeping it going. :kiss:
 
Hiya Sinny.

NO! :D

I have to clean, do laundry and write my last 30/30 entry today. so it is definitely not Monday yet. :rose:

:eek: Ok Ok hehe I got responsibilities to :p hehe happy chore day go go go! :p
 
darkmaas' Appetites on the Everyday Erotica thread is particularly sexy, with a wry twist at the end. Liked it a lot.
 
Originally Posted by legerdemer

I'm really enjoying Piscator's recent 007 contributions, among others.

Agreed. I was just catching up and reading through them.

Good stuff in there, Piscator, and I particularly like your seventh.

Thanks the 007 is like a mini 30/30, both are good at opening one to the flow of the day and some of the results are worth following up.

Good luck to the new participants.
 
darkmaas' Appetites on the Everyday Erotica thread is particularly sexy, with a wry twist at the end. Liked it a lot.

I'll second that - sometimes everyday more than everyday (or at least my experience thereof).
 
Last edited:
While I'm here, I have to apologize for my lack of presence in the various challenge and personal threads. Due to time constraints, there is only so much I can participate in here.

I feel even more scarce because I've been plagued with automotive problems this summer, resulting in chauffeuring this and that person around in between an playing auto mechanic who is about 20 years behind on technology.

I still have a VCR, for god's sake.
 
Perhaps we should be concerned that you use it to describe yourself underneath your username.

Hehe... perhaps. That is an endearment from someone pretty special to me. It amuses me, so I put it there. :D
 
GP, I really like and so we sin over in the Everyday Erotica thread. So very good!
 
hehe fired Angie! LOL had mah poem already written for the first set of words or senses! :p heh back to the writing board again :p heheheheh
 
KatieJones posted two different and very interesting poems yesterday. Damn she's smokin.
 
How does one write a poem? How does one structure a poem?

For me, the nucleus is a metaphor. I look for a subject about which I am passionate, and where the passion couldn't be explained in prose without stultification -- then I try to conjure up a metaphor that does it justice, and if I get that right, I think that the form/structure ought to flow naturally from it. A good metaphor requires pacing in the same way that a joke does, since it affects the mind in much the same way.
 
Belated congrats to P'tor, Calli and Katie for their excellent runs in the 007 thread. And thanks to Calli, Katie and darkmaas for such a fine group of additions to the Five Senses Challenge. Keep 'em coming, poets!
 
Back
Top