What are the smuttiest, most erotic non-"romance" books you've read?

in addition however, anne rice also wrote smut as anne rampling, btw.

ed

Oh yeah - Belinda. I personally liked it but some might be put off by the age thing.

Interesting to read that Exit to Eden was originally published under the Rampling pseudonym as it appeared under Anne Rice by the time I got to it.
 
The Janet Evanovich, stephanie plum series can be somewhat hot at times.

"Babe" ;-)
 
I can't think of anything to add in terms of titles other than to echo the Anne Rice comments, both the recommendations and the warnings that they are pretty well known. If the main reason you don't want "romance" books is because of the titles or provocative covers, have you considered getting whatever you want to read in hardcover and then just changing out the jacket? You could be reading whatever smut you want but if the book jacket says Fight Club or whatever, no one will look twice ;)
 
Funny....

When I saw this thread I immediately thought of Maia, but didn't know too many people had heard of it. I know it was out of print for awhile.
I read it probably in the late '90's but certainly remember the erotic aspect of it, but it's been so long ago I can't recall much in the way of details. I do remember enjoying it, though--and obviously, as the author of Watership Down, he knew his craft.


Maia, by Richard Adams (the guy who wrote Watership Down).
 
Thank you everybody for your suggestions; you've all been most helpful. I will have plenty to read for a while to come!
 
Last edited:
Try Heinlein for Golden Age science ficition...he had some pretty entertaining ideas

Ulysses by James Joyce - like eating cheesecake the language is so rich

The Godfather by Mario Puzo has some pretty explicit scenes
 
The Janet Evanovich, stephanie plum series can be somewhat hot at times.

"Babe" ;-)

Nothing more erotic than a well placed "Babe" from Ranger :cattail:

J.R Ward, Gena Showalter, Laurell K. Hamilton are all the obvious choices I wold recommend.
 
clockwork orange had some excellent smut and ultraviolence. also a brave new world had interesting future sex concepts. the sex in both is sparce though i suppose.
 
FERMTA by Nicholson Baker. About a guy who is able to stop time. ;)


It's actually "The Fermata". I recommended it myself a few posts back. It is without doubt the smuttiest book I have ever read (and I'm a big reader). And totally okay to read in public. I read it maybe 10 years ago and I still have many of the scenes stuck in my head.
 
Last edited:
It's actually "The Fermata". I recommended it myself a few posts back. It is without doubt the smuttiest book I have ever read (and I'm a big reader). And totally okay to read in public. I read it maybe 10 years ago and I still have many of the scenes stuck in my head.

Ooops . . . I guess you're the "The" police.
 
Nope. Just someone trying to ensure that if the OP is interested he can actually find the book you're talking about on Amazon/whatever. It wasn't so much the missing "The" that was the problem as the missing "a" in "Ferm(a)ta".
 
Nope. Just someone trying to ensure that if the OP is interested he can actually find the book you're talking about on Amazon/whatever. It wasn't so much the missing "The" that was the problem as the missing "a" in "Ferm(a)ta".

H ah ah a!

Okay then, you must be the "The" and "a" police.

just some midnight banter. I kid. . . I kid. . . lol!
 
"A Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin. The beginning of a long series. Great stories. Lots of sex, so you should be able to find what you're looking for.
 
"A Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin. The beginning of a long series. Great stories. Lots of sex, so you should be able to find what you're looking for.

Funny you mention that; the "Ice and Fire" series happens to be on my to-read list for unrelated reasons. I might have to bump it up in the queue.

Thanks!
 
Nice thread

this is great,,, so hard to find feedback on this kind of thing,, I too look for good , get your heart going well written novels,, have had a problem of not scanning the book for the "good" parts,, here are a couple that come to mind .

Jake and Mimi by Frank Baldwin,,, very well written , about Jake persuing his domination and Mimi getting drawn in,,, good mystery, paperback cover a bit hop thou.

Restraint by Sherry Sonnett,, well written and sexy with some very good passages with sex, good story line and very discreet cover in paperback.
Both authors above only wrote one novel, no others ?

Just started Platform by Michel Houellebec french author with some hot scenes [yes I did look ahead]

Greg Isles books can have some hot action at times,, but not to descriptive.
Well that it for now, look for feedback from others as this can be very helpful
 
Just finished the book titled Platform as mentioned in the previous post. was a good read, bit long winded at times about the French tourism business,,, but read well and had some hot sex in it. Only problem was that the passages were too short,,,
Lets keep this thread going,,,,,,,,,,,
 
Laurell K. Hamilton's series about Meredith Gentry might fit the bill -- modern day fantasy (faeries living in the U.S.A.) with some pretty intense sexual content...

Rox :rose:
 
good job keep the thread going

lets keep this thread going,,, after all this is an erotic lit site,,, i beleive that there is so many good erotic books out there that have good story lines,,, keep up the post,,
 
Back
Top