Sailer's Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.
I wish for that every year - it never happens.
The sea where I live reached a high of 17c this summer.

Yeah, but Britain has some of the best sailing. I'll put on my foulies and brave the cold if I ever get the chance.

WOO HOO page two! I'm not a total loser! :D

LOL. 'Course you're not :kiss:

Ever been through the Chain of Lakes - Burt Lake, Mullet Lake, etc...? So pretty up there.

Thanks! No I haven't been there, sounds like a great time though.

I cant sail but I make a mean cuppa tea :D

We can always use a hot cuppa after a blow (there's a good joke there somewhere ;)). You're most welcome in the cove.

Adios folks, the wind is up and it's time to hit the open water. I'll pull in here again soon.

Lakey:rolleyes:

**Sits on the beach looking out as darkness begins to fall on the cove and builds a fire**

Damn, I got some potatoes and marshmallows and various other things to cook on the fire, but forgot the matches! Can anyone help me out?

**Sits on the beach looking out as darkness begins to fall on the cove and builds a fire**

Damn, I got some potatoes and marshmallows and various other things to cook on the fire, but forgot the matches! Can anyone help me out?

Here ya go. I gots coffee, too - care for a cup? :D

I've never been sailing but thought I'd drop in and say hi.

Dropping my sails, I quickly make them fast to the boom. My vessel ghosts into the cove.
I find a likely spot and drop anchor, at least for a little.
The day brings a promise of busy hard work, but for now, a quiet morning in a sheltered cove with friends will get me going.

Good morning everyone anyone for a cup of coffee? Or, depending on your time zone (it's after 5pm somewhere!) something a little stronger.

You can join me on my boat. I have a fridge and cooker and proper toilet.

Some of these rag and stick enthusiasts are still using buckets. :D

LOL!!! It's actually true!! I've had (female) crew pee in a bucket during a race day. She was, shall we say, not happy...

However, in my cove, I'm imagining my "dream yacht" which is a Frers 50. Complete galley, head, and can be outfitted with some comfortable appointments below. (at 200K used this is all fantasy!)

And by the way, in that Bikini, even though you're of those gas guzzling, noisy, polluting, compensating for something motor boaters, you're welcome here. ;):D

Leaving a hello and hoping everyone's having a great evening.

:kiss:

Good Morning Breeze! A nice breeze is always welcome here. I hope you had a great evening, perhaps we'll get a chance to catch up here or in the Ask a Question game soon.
:kiss:

For some reason, I actually enjoy watching the America's Cup races. I've even read a book on the very first America's Cup race.

Here ya go. I gots coffee, too - care for a cup? :D

Excellent! Glad to see people taking good care of each other while I'm out on the open seas.
Welcome to all.

And by the way, in that Bikini, even though you're of those gas guzzling, noisy, polluting, compensating for something motor boaters, you're welcome here. ;):D
I say there's more than a chance to convert her :D

I like this new place you got yourself, pal ... anything to moisten my dry throat? :cool:

For some reason, I actually enjoy watching the America's Cup races. I've even read a book on the very first America's Cup race.

You know, sailing is not a great spectator sport, but I love watching the America's cup. Have you ever followed the Volvo Ocean Race (replaced the Whitbred, if you remember that). Some awesome footage on YouTube and also the Volvo site. These open 70's are AMAZINGLY fast. Pulling high teens and low 20's for hours. My bigest fantasy (OK, well, outside of sex ;)) is to race the Volvo. (hmmm or is it race the vulva???).

I say there's more than a chance to convert her :D

I like this new place you got yourself, pal ... anything to moisten my dry throat? :cool:

Welcome vibes, I got coffee in the galley, someone had beer earlier, and I've always got a bottle of Cutty somewhere, what'll you have.

You know, sailing is not a great spectator sport, but I love watching the America's cup. Have you ever followed the Volvo Ocean Race (replaced the Whitbred, if you remember that). Some awesome footage on YouTube and also the Volvo site. These open 70's are AMAZINGLY fast. Pulling high teens and low 20's for hours. My bigest fantasy (OK, well, outside of sex ;)) is to race the Volvo. (hmmm or is it race the vulva???).

It does sound good :D

They don't show the Whitbred here much -- or I can't find it on television -- but they did show a lot of the AC races. I'm fascinated by the strategy and the techniques of sailboat racing.

As for your racing fantasies...well, good luck with them, whatever the vessel you choose to race turns out to be....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back