The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, only the people who agree with you are the ones that matter. Good luck in the real world. If you ever get there.

Hm, you're right. Sorry. I forgot you were the chosen to speak for everyone. Please, continue to talk about video games and anime. People are always so fascinated when you do.

Hm, you're right. Sorry. I forgot you were the chosen to speak for everyone. Please, continue to talk about video games and anime. People are always so fascinated when you do.

I'm simply saying that you've been saying things that only you and LI seem to believe lately. Methinks you've been brainwashed. Of course, it's not like anyone actually cares. That, also, is a point that should be brought up. See, if we all treated the internet like it was as serious as you and LI want us to believe it is, well, the same sort of people who are trying to get the video game industry banned would be in charge of the country (and possibly the world). So I guess what I'm saying is...Quit bitching about what you THINK you know about me. If you don't like me, then you don't have to read what I say. Words cannot express the DUH inherent in that concept.

Everyone agrees with Grant on this matter.

Honestly, the last thing I thought was... "NO, I don't and I don't want to be 'lumped in' with those that do as this is a topic that touches a nerve with me but if I say this I'm going to get a mouthful from those that do agree with him. I must be monster for having my own opinion."

You all accuse LI and Ahren of bullying but there is more than an element of mob mentality to those of you that jump on everything they say because it's not what you personally think.
They shouldn't judge, fine, neither should you.

Sticking up for friends is great, if someone attacks someone you like for no good reason then by all means, go at it. But just because someone makes a comment that, personally, they don't agree with your 'friend'...this is not an attack. It's a statement of opinion. Nothing more. Answering back on the defensive is what turns passing comments into fights like these.

And...statements like these...

Everyone whose opinion matters on the matter << >>

...what impression do you think that gives off...? Do you not think it smacks a little of we're right, you're wrong. Oh yes, very mature given that's what you accuse LI and Ahren of doing on a regular basis. By this theory, am I to take it that my opinion doesn't matter? It might not matter to you, but it matters to me. And people who harp on about there being 'people behind the personas' should remember this.

Personally, I don't agree with Grant's sentiments. While I don't agree completely with what LI has posted, there are elements I have to agree with. Yes, online relationships can and do lead to real life commitments and friendships that last a life time. Heck, I'm attending a friend's wedding in the summer and, yep, they met online. But then they met offline. I'll say that again. They met offline.

I personally believe and will maintain that you can't love someone until you meet them, spend time with them, face the highs and lows with them in real life.
Yes I have friends here and in other online places that I care about, a lot about, who I don't like to see low, who I would try to help if I thought I could. I think lots of people do and that's awesome.

But...romantic online relationships that are just that, interactions online (and with that I include relationships that are conducted via the phone, via messenger and via email without meeting in real life) might make you feel good, being able to be lovey dovey when it suits, to have someone give you a compliment whenever you want one will probably make you feel very special, but, to me...they're not real...

And I think they are kidding themselves if they think differently. My husband and I face the good times and bad, we have arguments and disappointments to go with all the good stuff. In my eyes people that have online relationships can avoid all that.

Now I know, you're going to tell me I can't judge other people by my standards and I'm not. I haven't named names. I'm just giving my opinion.

Read it or not, agree with it or not, that's your choice but I am entitled to give it.

And now, the last thing I thought was..."Jesus I've typed a lot...breakfast is needed, and it's needed now!"

Now I know, you're going to tell me I can't judge other people by my standards and I'm not. I haven't named names. I'm just giving my opinion.

Read it or not, agree with it or not, that's your choice but I am entitled to give it.

And now, the last thing I thought was..."Jesus I've typed a lot...breakfast is needed, and it's needed now!"

The real issue getting people excited here isn't even about the discussion topic. Dunno how many "regulars" there are in the lounge but I'd expect almost as many different opinions as there are people, that's human nature. This though, is just one of many occasions where an opinion doesn't have to be delivered in the manner it was. If it was done a little differently then that would be all it was, or ever is, just someone else's opinion. Interesting, maybe, or not depending of your own take on the point being made.

*sing song voice* Going to play my new game today..

With a whack-fiddle-do-diddly-iddly-ay, and so on

Honestly, the last thing I thought was... "NO, I don't and I don't want to be 'lumped in' with those that do as this is a topic that touches a nerve with me but if I say this I'm going to get a mouthful from those that do agree with him. I must be monster for having my own opinion."

You all accuse LI and Ahren of bullying but there is more than an element of mob mentality to those of you that jump on everything they say because it's not what you personally think.
They shouldn't judge, fine, neither should you.

Sticking up for friends is great, if someone attacks someone you like for no good reason then by all means, go at it. But just because someone makes a comment that, personally, they don't agree with your 'friend'...this is not an attack. It's a statement of opinion. Nothing more. Answering back on the defensive is what turns passing comments into fights like these.

And...statements like these...

...what impression do you think that gives off...? Do you not think it smacks a little of we're right, you're wrong. Oh yes, very mature given that's what you accuse LI and Ahren of doing on a regular basis. By this theory, am I to take it that my opinion doesn't matter? It might not matter to you, but it matters to me. And people who harp on about there being 'people behind the personas' should remember this.

Personally, I don't agree with Grant's sentiments. While I don't agree completely with what LI has posted, there are elements I have to agree with. Yes, online relationships can and do lead to real life commitments and friendships that last a life time. Heck, I'm attending a friend's wedding in the summer and, yep, they met online. But then they met offline. I'll say that again. They met offline.

I personally believe and will maintain that you can't love someone until you meet them, spend time with them, face the highs and lows with them in real life.
Yes I have friends here and in other online places that I care about, a lot about, who I don't like to see low, who I would try to help if I thought I could. I think lots of people do and that's awesome.

But...romantic online relationships that are just that, interactions online (and with that I include relationships that are conducted via the phone, via messenger and via email without meeting in real life) might make you feel good, being able to be lovey dovey when it suits, to have someone give you a compliment whenever you want one will probably make you feel very special, but, to me...they're not real...

And I think they are kidding themselves if they think differently. My husband and I face the good times and bad, we have arguments and disappointments to go with all the good stuff. In my eyes people that have online relationships can avoid all that.

Yes, yes you did type a lot.

Curiosity got me with Brit's post and I HAD to go read the last few pages and catch up on whatever she was talking about!

God, I wish I hadn't >.>

I'm not giving my opinion, I'm letting this constant argument die in the fucking ass like it should and as for you...

*Glares at LI*

...go fuck your girlfriend and stop scratching an old rash!

Happy Valentines Day Loungers, I love you ALL!

*Winks at LI, runs off giggling*

Honestly, the last thing I thought was... "NO, I don't and I don't want to be 'lumped in' with those that do as this is a topic that touches a nerve with me but if I say this I'm going to get a mouthful from those that do agree with him.

(sorry, had to edit most of what you wrote, otherwise it would have been too long)

Personally I am glad not every one agrees with me, it would worry me if everyone did, however, Brit, I don't believe anyone has sad "Hey, lets get married" without ever meeting the other in RL.

Ahren, I have no problem if he says he doesn't agree with me, nor do I if you say that or anyone else, but, I do have a problem with LI calling people retards and liars.

Would you agree that a friendship is a relationship? I don't believe you are giving enough credit to the people on here, who I believe are intelligent enough to know the difference, between the real world and online.

Now this is in no way an attack on you or what you said, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, my previous post that was directed at what LI was saying, because if he doesn't like the valentines threads, then why the hell read it, its simple, however he preferred to tell us we are retards and liars, and those in married lives he goes to question their partners value in the RW, well, quiet frankly, thats none of his business, and he has no right to question it either

If he feels the valentines threads are juvenile, just don't click on them, they are all labelled.

Last edited:
Good response, dragon. Did she use too many words for you?

No, it just goes back to the most important point of the internet. It's the internet. No one's opinion matters, not even one's own. That's something you and LI still seem to need to learn.

I stand behind it. Of course, if people are going to justify lying to their real spouses for the sake of their E-spouses, I'd like to throw scumbag into the mix, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back