Texas Pastor Says He Will Set Himself On Fire In Protest Over Gay Marriage

MrBates2

Loves Spam
Joined
Feb 18, 2012
Posts
831
Just two weeks ago, a Christian couple in Australia vowed to divorce if same-sex marriage is legalized in their country.

However, a former Baptist pastor from Texas, who is also against same-sex marriage, has taken it one step further - and beyond - by declaring that he will set himself on fire if the Supreme Court rules in favor of marriage equality.

Rick Scarborough, a Christian political activist, made the bold declaration during a conversation with right-wing minister and politician E.W. Jackson on the National Emergency Coalition Show, a podcast that is linked to the Staying True to America's National Destiny (STAND) group.

"We are not going to bow. We are not going to bend, and if necessary we will burn," Scarborough said during the podcast, though he did not explicitly state that he would self-immolate in protest of gay marriage, the Independent UK reported.

Scarborough was also quoted saying: "The preachers need to get out front, the leaders need to get out front, out front of these ordinary citizens and say, 'Shoot me first!'"

Scarborough also went on to claim that same-sex marriage comes from Satan. "We now have a race of humans that don't want to acknowledge that there's a God," he said, according to the New Civil Rights Movement.

Many anti-gay marriage activists have become more vocal on their opposition towards the stance, after Ireland legalized gay marriage by way of popular vote last month and it looks as if other countries might follow suit.
 
Yeah, yeah. Interracial marriage was the debil too. Yadda yadda yadda. The end of times ... and shit.
 
Welp, TIME'S A WASTIN', RICKY!!!

gas-can.jpg
 
So light 'im up, up, up
Light 'im up, up, up
Light 'im up, up, up

He's on fiyah!

My other favorites are the tweets where people are saying "I'm moving to Canada."

Nobody tell them, let them find out.
 
So light 'im up, up, up
Light 'im up, up, up
Light 'im up, up, up

He's on fiyah!

My other favorites are the tweets where people are saying "I'm moving to Canada."

Nobody tell them, let them find out.

That Canada's boring?:)
 
the roof
the roof
the roof is on fire
we don't need no water let the motherfucker burn
 
They'd better not bury him in consecrated ground. Suicide is a sin, after all, as I am sure he would be the first to tell others.
 
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a couple of hours.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
 
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a couple of hours.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Teach a man to set himself on fire and avoid prison for the rest of your life.
 
Part of me will be sad a person can be blind enough to believe that this will solve anything.
Part of me will be glad this person and beliefs will be out of the gene pool.
 
I hope he does it, in a building full of true believers, where the most ardent ones give him a big 'ol bear hug as he ignites the flame.
 
I hope he does it, in a building full of true believers, where the most ardent ones give him a big 'ol bear hug as he ignites the flame.

i think you need to learn about the fire triangle, sir. all those bodies would most likely smother the flames by cutting them off from oxygen.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top