Finding Comfort

xxerikamariexx

Literotica Guru
ooc: Looking for some flirting before going into sex. Send me a sample PM :)

Erika Miller was a lawyer who worked at a relatively big firm. She was brilliant and was the most requested when it came to cases. She was married, as much as one person could be married. She spent a lot of time at work and her husband who was a doctor did the same. But he was becoming more and more hostile towards her, always picking fights over the smallest things.

One of her co-workers, who was also married, was one of her dearest friends. The day seemed to be dragging on but as the office started to clear for lunch, she poked her head into his office. She needed a friendly face right about now since her husband had fought with her yet again this morning.

"Want some company for lunch?" She smiled as she leaned against the door frame, her black pencil skirt hugged her thick hips and her purple blouse was snug against her chest.

Life weren’t all that good for Duane Keller lately… he was swamped at work and it had affected his marriage over the last many months… he’d thought they would just have to go through this rocky period, but things hadn’t gotten any better, quite the opposite, and he had to admit that they had drifted away from each other… the honeymoon period most definitely over as their sex life seemed to have died.

"Want some company for lunch?" the sound of her soft voice brings a smile to his face as he looks up from his work to see Erika leaning against the frame of his office door.

“Fuck yeah…” he grins, sighing exaggerated, “I need to clear my mind too… this case…” he shakes his head as he returns her smile.

By instinct his eyes quickly scans her body, the tight skirt and blouse hugging her curvy body… he quickly moves his eyes back to hers though, they were friends first and foremost after all, but any red-blooded would turn his head if Erika walked by…

“Down at Joe’s?” he asks as he grabs his jacket, “… it’s your turn you know!” he tease, pretty sure that it was actually him who owe for a couple of lunches at least, this latest case had taken up lots of his time and he’d been out of town more than usual.

“So, how’s it going?” he asks her as they walk to the elevator, “I’m drowning in the Jeffrey case!”

"I think it's your turn to buy but I'll let it go for today." She smiled as they headed for the elevator. She needed a break from all the cases she was working; hell, she needed sleep. She was getting maybe 5 hours of sleep a night because when she got home, her husband was always picking fights with her about this, that or the other. Her husband was a doctor so he sometimes worked long nights as well but when she worked long hours, he didn't get it. And their sex life? That was pretty much a joke.

"If I get one more call about someone wanting me to consult, I think I'm going to scream." She laughed as they headed outside. "I have two cases of my own that I have to have wrapped up by the end of next week. Then I'm consulting on three more in the next two weeks." She said.

"I don't remember anyone ever telling me in law school what firm life was going to really be like." She said. "I might as well sleep on the couch in my office because I spend more time here and working then I spend at home."

He returns her laugh as she complains about work too…

“The burden of being successful!” he smiles at her, “… being the average Joe in the firm lands you the frustrating kind of cases I’m sitting with instead!” he jokes, not nearly as bad as his job as he makes it sound, “… this guy… Mr. Jeffrey… hell, I don’t even wanna think about that case for the next half hour!” he chuckles.

“I know!” he grins as she mentions the long hours and joking about sleeping in the office, “... would save the time on transport,” he reasons with a smile, “I’ll get more sleep without Jen biting my head off!” he chuckles… adding with a mumble under his breath, “… the chance for getting laid would probably increase somehow too…”

They head to small place next door, greeting the employees as the finds a table… they eat at the place most days of the week.

“So,” he asks, “How’s the doc?”

She waves to the waiter, they recognized her because she was in here quite often. If she worked late, she sometimes would grab a table alone and eat before going home. She couldn't help but laugh when he mentioned her doctor husband. She rolled her eyes a bit. She also couldn't help but notice that things didn't seem like flower and roses when it came to his wife Jen.

"Pretty much the same. He works late and is almost always on call. And when he's not, he gets pissed that I'm working late with cases. So yeah, I'm probably better off sleeping in my office. At least I know I'll sleep well." She rolled her eyes.

"And Jen? Still a major bitch? No offense..." She said with a playful smile. Erika never cared for Jen; she was always majorly bitchy when she came by the office.

”Ha!” he grins as she tells him about her situation at home, pretty much the same as his own…

He smiles at her as she asks about his wife, these last few months he had begun to see what Erika had told him about his wife for a long time… he shakes his head a little, no longer smiling.

“Major?” he looks at her, a sly grin beginning to reappear on his lips, “… don’t know the scale, E…” he smiles at her, “… but if there’s anything above major I think she’s getting up there lately!” he half grins, half sighs… looking into those cute warm eyes of hers, “Colossus bitch, maybe?”

“Hi hon!” he turns to the waitress as she comes to their table, “the usual please…”

He watches Erika order, her sweet smile, beautiful face and the fact that she smiled at him, was happy, and didn’t fight his every move was quite nice…

“It’s too bad…” he shakes his head, “About our situations,” he explains, pausing as he thinks, “Hell… maybe we should move into the office, work as late as necessary, talk about this and that… shoot the shit…” he smiles at her, jokingly.

She couldn't help but laugh a little. It was probably the first time she had laughed in a long time because she sure in hell wasn't laughing at home. Fighting is what happened at home because her husband didn't get it. He seemed to think she enjoyed working late almost every night of the week. And Duane? He was her dearest friend and probably the most funny and charming.

She found herself smiling a bit more as he looked at her. She was a little self conscious of herself because she wasn't size two thin like most women who worked in her office. And plus, her husband was probably her third boyfriend. She didn't exactly date much in her younger years. She smiled when he called her "E", her husband used to but now her used her full name when he was yelling at her about something dumb.

"Colossal asshole works for my husband." She smiled as she took a sip of water. "At least we don't pick fights with each other about stupid ass bullshit." She said. "And I know I'd sure in hell be getting more sleep on my office couch than I'm getting at home." She said with a sad sort of laugh.

He laughs with her as she too dump on her supposed better half… his face turning into a softer smile when her laugh turns a little depressed.

“Yeah,” he sighs, “… too bad our bosses most likely won’t be pleased if we start sleeping at the office!” he chuckles, “We should get apartments nearby…” he thinks out loud with a smile, “… think I could sell that to the misses?” he grins, “… or she’ll certainly think I’m having an affair or something…” he sighs, “One of those young interns bouncing… hmm!” he takes his train of thought too far.

“Uhm…” he grins at Erika, “sorry… you’ve never thought about giving one of those young blue eyed paralegals the time of their life, E?” he teases her.

She couldn't help but laugh as she was getting all flustered. Duane was a very good looking man and his wife obviously wasn't aware of how lucky she had it at home. She pushed her hair away from her face a bit.

"The husband already probably thinks I'm messing around with someone." She laughed. That was a joke and a half. No man had given her the time of day since her husband and she surely didn't attract those blue eyed, sexy paralegals that Duane mentioned.

"In my dreams..." She laughed a little bit pathetically. "In reality..those studs wouldn't give me a time of day...hell, they wouldn't know what to do with all of this." She laughed, knowing she had a thicker, yet incredibly sexy body.

He laughed with her as she jokes about the doc thinking she’s having an affair and shakes his head with a chuckle when she dismisses her chances with any of the paralegals.

“Ha… Hmm, in their dreams too!” he grins, winking playfully at her, “Every red blooded man would want to be with a girl like you E…” he tells her, before slipping in with a mutter, “… nothing changed, still selling yourself short…”

Just then their food arrives…

“Thanks!” he smiles at the waitress and immediately digs in, haven’t gotten anything to eat since breakfast he was famished.

“You know that right?” he looks up at her between bites, resuming their talk, “They grow bored with those skinny bitches…” he chuckle, “Now, curves like yours… a man could get lost almost… leaning into you, pinning you down, or watching you riding…” he stops, hearing himself, blushing.

“I’m so sorry E…” he apologizes, putting down his fork, “It’s just” he sighs “I haven’t gotten any for… who knows!” he rolls his eyes, smiling, “Forget I said anything, please!”

The way he looked at her was enough to get her all flustered and she knew this conversation was going to a place where it shouldn't be. But she didn't put a stop to it. They had been friends for a very long time but they were also two people who were in shit marriages at this given time.

She felt it start to get extremely warm in the restaurant as she heard the words come out of his mouth. If she was being honest with herself, she had been thinking a lot about other men lately. Her husband wasn't showing her anything sexual at home and a woman like her could only go so long before she started to get turned on by the slightest thing.

She bit her lip gently, completely flustered by his sexual comments. "Don't be sorry..." She whispered. "And join the club..." She said quietly.

“Really?” he asks, hearing her whisper, “… jeez, those that husband of your have a pulse?” he mutters, “… would explain that…” he shakes his head.

“But let’s not talk about our sex life…” he smiles, adding, “… or lack thereof!” with a laugh.

He returns to his food, stealing glances at her every once in a while… he leans back in the chair when he’s finished, taking a drink of water.

“What else is new with you?” he asks, “We haven’t talked like this for a long time,” their workload had meant that their conversations seldom lasted above the one minute mark in the last long while, “… I can’t be all bad, fighting and impotent husbands?” he smiles at her.

"Yeah, let's not talk about that..." She said quietly. She wasn't one who broadcasted her sex life but the truth was she was getting absolutely shit at home. Her husband was always working late and when he was home, he rarely kissed her let alone touching her intimately. But Duane's words still rang in her head...about a man kissing her neck, pinning her down...her riding him. Hot damn, the thought was enough to get her all flustered. She had to stop thinking like that but it was hard.

"Well that's not my fault, mister." She teased him with a playful smile. "You're always the one going out of town on cases." She smiled at him. Duane was her very good friend, probably her best friend at the firm but he had gotten her all hot and bothered now. She took a sip of water, praying to freaking god it would cool her down.

He looks her over, something so sexy about her… she seemed a tiny bit flustered as she agreed to keep the conversation clear of their love lives. It wasn’t a subject they touched on much, and being as sex-starved as he was he sure didn’t want to start now…

“I know…” he grins, “Been pretty crazy the last month or so!” he’d worked on this case, a dispute between two former business associates, and his client made one absurd demand after the other, there was almost always something new when he got into the office, or sometimes just before he got a chance to leave… “You should come with, consult on the Jeffrey case…” he smiles, “Would get a good chuckle out of it at least…” he grin, pausing with a sigh, “… unless you’re stuck with it for week after week!”

His eyes moving over her again, her cute face, warm eyes and smile, the swell of her breast behind her business attire… he has to snap out of it, ‘Come on man… she’s your fucking friend!’ he thinks, scolding himself for thinking about doing exactly to her as he described before, ‘… too bad not your fuck friend…’ he jokes to himself.

“Uhm…” he mumbles, blushing slightly from his thoughts, “… you still get to keep up with some of your hobbies?” he asks, can’t change the subject quick enough… He himself had had to leave the house this last weekend, catching a movie by himself… he got to sit and relax, slept through some of it, without having to fight about everything with the wife.

"You've been on the Jeffrey's case for weeks it seems. I'm glad I didn't pick up that case." She teased softly. "I know you're having a great time putting in all those hours on the case." She messed with him. Truth was, she missed Duane when he went out of town. He was her dearest friend, hell probably her only guy friend.

There was something about him, though. Something she never saw until today. Maybe it was because they had briefly brought up their sex lives, or lack thereof. And in the back of her mind, she couldn't help but think of how he described her. She was lonely, and she had no problem admitting that. And the fact that a successful, good looking guy as Duane thought about her like THAT, it made her feel incredibly sexy.

"Hobbies? What are those? Last time I checked, my only life is the firm. And maybe if I'm lucky, I get to sleep a few hours when I get home." She teased.

"Sometimes on the weekends I'll hit the tennis court but other than that..nothing else happens. What about you?"

“Pick up?” he grins, “Nah… draw the short straw more like it…” he jokes with a headshake, “The guys upstairs must have some beef with little ole me…” he smiles, “… or I’m just bottom of the barrel perhaps?” he laughs it off.

“Hey…” he throws his hands up with a smile when she mentions the hours they put into the firm, “… at least we get some weeks vacation with our better halves each year, right?” he grins, “… relaxing times!” he laugh.

He smiles, nodding slightly, when she lets know she still find the time to play a little tennis on the weekends.

“Me?” he gasps, jokingly, “well… I got to catch a movie this weekend…” he says, pausing briefly before continuing with a sly grin, “… by myself!” he smiles, “Yeah, best sleep I’d had for weeks… no work, no nagging…”

He looks over at the clock, the time approaching when they should think about getting back to the office.

“We should do that…” he suggests, “Go out, get away for a few hours… like this,” he smiles, “but on our off time… what do you think?”

"We deserve that much at least." She smiled a bit. This lunch with Duane was probably the most relax she had been in such a long time. She knew he wouldn't pick fights with her about stupid things, he actually listened to her and respected her. She knew it was about time they headed back to the office and finished up the work day. She knew she had a long night ahead of her. It was considered a good day if she could leave the office by 6.

"I'll pick up lunch this time...next time, all you, buddy." She smiled at him as she paid for lunch. "Thank you for this...this is just what I needed." She smiled. He had such warm eyes and was very charming. Why his wife was being a total bitch and a downright idiot was beyond her. Duane was a wonderful guy...and probably incredibly sexy under that business attire.

She really needed to stop those thoughts or they were bound to get her in trouble.

He returns her smile as she pays for lunch and thanks him for the company.

“You too E,” he tells her, “… and if we can get out of that place I’ll give you beer after work, okay?” he suggest as they make their way back to the office.

When the elevator doors opens and they’re back at the office he turns to her and gives her quick hug and a soft kiss to her cheek, “Thanks, I hope to see you later…” he tells her, before turning and entering his office.

He grabs some papers, ready to resume work, before it dawns on him what he just did… “What are you doing?” he mumbles out loud, scolding himself.

They were very good friends but physical contact wasn’t part of their relationship… she was like a buddy to him, they joked around and had some fun… they didn’t hug and kiss after lunch!

After some minutes of mental turmoil, during which he considers going to Erika’s office to clear this up and apologizing for being such a klutz, he just buries himself in the case…

… the hours pass and it doesn’t seem like he’s going to have time to go get that bear with Erika today, ‘Probably for the best…’ he thinks.

They had always been good friends, from the day Erika joined the firm but never had they had any type of close contact. So that's what really surprised her when Duane kissed her cheek. After they got back to the firm, she buried herself in her office, going through her cases and consultations. She closed her eyes for a minute, remembering how soft his lips felt against her cheek. He was a married man...a very charming and good looking married man.

She put her glasses back on, glancing at the clock. It was already 6pm and she had at least another hour left of working tonight. Her husband would probably throw a fit but at this point she didn't even care.

She was starting to get a headache from all the words, all the documents. She looked outside her office door and mostly everyone went home. She noticed Duane's office light still on. She didn't bother to knock, she just opened the door.

"Hey." She smiled as she came in and sat down on the couch in his office.

“Uhm… hi E,” he looks up as she enters his office, putting swirling around in his chair, leaving his work and facing her.

“Sorry… hmm…” he finally manages after a few awkward moments of silence, “Don’t think I’ll make it… for that beer…” he stutters.

He can’t help himself from letting his gaze wander across her body as she sits there on the couch, the skirt hugging her curves, climbing up the slightest when she sat down, her legs, her amazing curves and that sweet face…

“You’re done for tonight?” he asks, tearing his eyes from her body and looking straight at those beautiful doe eyes, something so sexy about the way she looks back at him, “Back to the doc I suppose…” he continue, hoping to somehow avoid the elephant in the room.

The way he looked at her, whether it was intentional or not, made her feel incredibly sexy. Much more sexy than her husband made her feel at home. She knew what she was feeling was inappropriate on every possible level but there was something about him. And she surely couldn't stop thinking about how soft his lips felt against her cheek earlier. It made her mind race and her thoughts went to what his lips would feel against her neck....and other places. She swallowed hard, needing to get those thoughts away.

"Not even close..I have another two hours probably I need to put in. But I was getting a headache so I needed a break." She said. "What about you? Almost done here?" She asked as she leaned back against the couch a little.

“Nah,” he chuckles, “Not close… but I’ll finish up and pick up in morning,” he says, not in a hurry to do so really, “I’ve called Jen and said I wouldn’t make it for dinner…” he says, he’d called but she hadn’t seemed to care one bit if he made it home or not, didn’t even bother to complain about him anymore had gone through his head at the time.

“We could order in something?” he suggests, people working late often did so he thought nothing of suggesting it… before a few seconds later when recalling his earlier behavior.

“Or… hmm, not…” he tells her, a slightly alarmed look in his eyes…

“Erika,” he sighs, “about lunch… uhm… what I did, after…” he looks into the ground as he talks to her, “… I would really… could we just forget about it?” he asks, forcing himself to look back into her eyes, “I’m really sorry… don’t know what I was thinking!” he says, “Not want to ruin… us… our friendship…” he rambles on, almost fearful of stopping and hearing her respond.

She got up and walked over to the side of his desk. She leaned against it a bit as she looked at him. "Duane, don't even worry about it, okay?" She said to him. She wasn't going to admit that she liked it..a lot..because that would make her sound incredibly pathetic.

"But I'm not sorry, okay?" She smiled a little. If her husband ever heard her say that to another man, he would freak but it was true. She reached over and put her hand over his. He was her dearest friend and things would always be okay between them. Even if he had gotten her a little hot and bothered earlier...that wasn't entirely his fault....it was the fault of her very deprived sex life.

He smiles hearing her assure him... perking up at bit when she claims no regrets, not quite sure what to make of it.

“Thanks…” he smiles as she puts her hand on his, his eyes moving up her arm and over her alluring curves as she leans against the desk…

“Umm, how about a drink?” he tears his eyes from her body and smiles, looking into her eyes, feeling uncomfortable about being this close to his good friend… and only thinking about clearing his desk and laying her on top of it, peeling her clothes from her body and…

He shakes his head, blushing, and opens the drawer in which he keeps a bottle of Scotch, “You’ll get two glasses E?” he asks, watching as she cross the room to grab a pair… his eyes involuntarily dropping to take in her great round ass, licking his lips as he does…

“Jeez…” he mutters under his breath, snapping out of it, feeling uncomfortable about having these thoughts about his friend and downright embarrassed at feeling his cock swell just a little…

“So,” he says, casually trying to play if off, “… should I order some food?” he asks as he pours them a pair of drinks, “Cheers!” he smiles lifting his glass.

"I'm not one to drink at the office but I'll make this exception for you." She smiled as she took one of the glasses from him and took a sip. She had called her husband to let him know she was working late and she could barely get the words out when he hung up on her. He was becoming a bigger and bigger pain in the ass each day.

She took a seat on the edge of his desk. She took his files and closed them. "I think even the best lawyer in town knows how to take a break." She teased him. She couldn't stop thinking about what he said earlier also how good he looked in that business attire. The thoughts were making her feel incredibly warm all over.

"I'm going to open a window...it's kind of stuffy in here." She got up from the desk, walked across the room and lifted the window a little bit.

"But yeah, take out would be perfect."

Back