What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read a tweet from Salman Rushdie this morning:

"Just read the first chapter of Fifty Shades of Tripe on the Amazon site. I don't think I am the intended reader for this 'work'".

Possibly the understatement of the year, lol.

He better still be in hiding. He's now been targeted by the Shade Army.

Oh... did I mention that your new AV is smokin' hot? :D I have a new appreciation for green now.

Awwww thanks Sir_Winston, I had the easy part of standing around and taking a pic, my AV Quality Control Technician had the headache of making it pretty. Green or red have to be my favourite colours. 95% of the clothes in my wardrobe are dark green, red or black.

Awwww thanks Sir_Winston, I had the easy part of standing around and taking a pic, my AV Quality Control Technician had the headache of making it pretty. Green or red have to be my favourite colours. 95% of the clothes in my wardrobe are dark green, red or black.
Your AVQCT didn't have much to do.

I finally got a new cable for my camera, and I finally got the pics from our trip to Barcelona in May on my computer. So many smileworthy ones, so many great memories. :)

Oooh Gaudi (drool!)

For some reason I've never been to Barcelona even though I've always wanted to. The boyf wanted to go to Andalucia late last year (and we did), so I guess it's my turn to pick a place in Spain later this year ;)

HA! I just love the metal image of Rushdie reading that book.

Me too. The expression of consternation. Then, deep exhale. Maybe a head shake.

Slamming the laptop against the desk, and going to get a sandwich, where he thinks...

"Why didn't I write that?? Fuck. I could have written that, done it better and made a billion dollars.

DAMN!!!!"

:D

It would be funny to start a thread about how different writers would have written a passage from 50 Shades... wait. Isn't there a website that will rewrite stuff in the style of a writer? No, that was pasting in your OWN work and it would tell you who you write like. I'll have to check this out.

Last edited:
Oooh Gaudi (drool!)

For some reason I've never been to Barcelona even though I've always wanted to. The boyf wanted to go to Andalucia late last year (and we did), so I guess it's my turn to pick a place in Spain later this year ;)

Don't think you will be disappointed. A word of warning though, if you plan on hiring a car, get a small one. The car parks in Barcelona for the most part are very tight....low ceilings; small spaces; often oddly set out due to lack of any other options, and narrow, twisty entrances in and out of them.

Catalina:rose:

It was two days ago, but I'm still laughing...

Got a text from J, and responded with "what are you up to?"

He replied: 5'6"; 128#

Dork. LOL

Oooh Gaudi (drool!)

I liked some of the Gaudi's lesser known houses better than Casa Battlo, for example. I didn't like Parc Güell at all - too damn many loud tourist groups there to be able to actually enjoy the place. We took a Gaudi walking tour we found in an old tour guide (from the early 80s) and that went by many of his earlier designs. I found it really interesting.

I also loved the area where our hotel was at. It was near Clot station, so the public transportation options were great. There were tons of cafes, small shops and just regular people doing regular things.

Next time we go there, we're going to rent a car and make a trip up the Costa Brava and visit Andorra as well.

Potentially amazing news.

Did a leprechaun fly up my nose when I was distracted? Or am I about to be pounded by an asteroid to, you know, even things out? 'Cause I am on a roll that won't stop playing.

:)

Realising I am fortunate to be comfortable in my own skin, at peace with my life, and happy while a lot of people seem to be angry, aggressive and continually trying to get to a similar place. I knew there had to be some compensation that came with age.:)

Chatting with my Mom this morning. Today is her 83rd birthday, bless her. She's getting somewhat forgetful/repetitive, but she still has her dry sense of humor. I get to see her in a few weeks, and I'm looking forward to our visit.

Chatting with my Mom this morning. Today is her 83rd birthday, bless her. She's getting somewhat forgetful/repetitive, but she still has her dry sense of humor. I get to see her in a few weeks, and I'm looking forward to our visit.

:rose: I envy you.

Catalina:cattail:

Potentially amazing news.

Did a leprechaun fly up my nose when I was distracted? Or am I about to be pounded by an asteroid to, you know, even things out? 'Cause I am on a roll that won't stop playing.

:)

Yay, Deep!

Don't keep tempting fate by asking when the other shoe is going to drop!

(I'm just sayin'....)

:rolleyes:

Oooh Gaudi (drool!)

This is me writhing in envy. I sooo want to go to Spain! Moorish art AND Gaudi, and tapas, and some of the best guitar music ever written. <siiiiiiigh>

Yay, Deep!

Don't keep tempting fate by asking when the other shoe is going to drop!

(I'm just sayin'....)

:rolleyes:

Thanks! It really could be big for me, and I never saw any of it coming.

I know - it's sort of a defensive posture. But since you are the gypsy seer, I'll trust your vision. ;)

The first vid I've seen featuring those characters that I've actually enjoyed. Thanks! I'll never think of them quite the same way.

I think it fleshes out their relationship in a way I've never fully understood before.

This is me writhing in envy. I sooo want to go to Spain! Moorish art AND Gaudi, and tapas, and some of the best guitar music ever written. <siiiiiiigh>

I have to say (from my trip to Andalucia, which is probably the most Moorish bit of Spain) that the Alhambra is worth seeing before you die - as is the Mezquita, which is probably the most batshit crazy, gobsmacking building I have ever set foot in.

Generally? Yeah, living in (or some would say just off) Europe rocks! Several trips a year to different countries and cultures, all with short, cheap flights :D

Generally? Yeah, living in (or some would say just off) Europe rocks! Several trips a year to different countries and cultures, all with short, cheap flights :D

Yes, yes yes! This is the thing I like the most about Europe. I'd really like to live in (Eastern) Central Europe, though. The bus and train lines are cheap as chips in many countries. Like Warsaw-Prague or Warsaw-Berlin - 12 euros one way.

I have to say (from my trip to Andalucia, which is probably the most Moorish bit of Spain) that the Alhambra is worth seeing before you die - as is the Mezquita, which is probably the most batshit crazy, gobsmacking building I have ever set foot in.

Yes, yes yes! This is the thing I like the most about Europe. I'd really like to live in (Eastern) Central Europe, though. The bus and train lines are cheap as chips in many countries. Like Warsaw-Prague or Warsaw-Berlin - 12 euros one way.

*Jealous*

I have to say (from my trip to Andalucia, which is probably the most Moorish bit of Spain) that the Alhambra is worth seeing before you die :D

The Alhambra was one of the most beautiful places we visited. LOL we picked a super hot day and decided to walk from our hotel....further than we expected and a great uphill climb, but worth it. I am hoping to get back there on one of our next visits. F is Andalucian, so I am hoping for much more time to explore his homeland in the future. And yes, the food is great.:D

The Alhambra was one of the most beautiful places we visited. LOL we picked a super hot day and decided to walk from our hotel....further than we expected and a great uphill climb, but worth it. I am hoping to get back there on one of our next visits. F is Andalucian, so I am hoping for much more time to explore his homeland in the future. And yes, the food is great.:D

The local olives in Andalucia.... OMG!!! (makes my mouth water just to think about them!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back