Jungle Mystery (Closed)

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He had strict orders to not make contact with the "hostile" natives, but the old witch was not hostile, in fact she helped him and he had to let her know that Gom~Nie was dead. When he rose from the grass at the edge of the clearing around the town, many men swore in alarm and grabbed weapons to ward off what the believed to be a "Grass Devil". Ryan smiled behind his mask, not the first time he was called a devil, but the first time he was a grass one. He raised a hand and spoke to them,

"I come in peace. I am the one that killed Gom~Nie. I am here to thank the old and wise one for her help."
 
The villagers moved away quickly at the mention of the old witch figuring it was one of her creations and gave him a clear path to her hut shop.

She opened the door hearing the villagers yell and Ryans words to them.

Greetings... She chuckled... Grass demon... So you bring news and still draw breath... You find "The Kirea"... or maybe it let you live thinking you like it dress like that. She laughed again and motioned to a table with cooked meat and a few vegetables. You eat... we talk.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He removed his mask again and sat down with her, finding her humor funny,

"I have met The Keira, nice girl, not a spirit."

He looked at the food and waited for her to place some of the food in a holder for him, using a bone shaped like a spoon he started to eat,

"Again you feed me, I may grow fat."

He chuckled and watched her getting food for herself and sit down.

"The charm saved my life, The Keira attacked me. She helped me in the killing of Gom~Nie and his place"
 
I knew the Kirea would accept you. So it appeared to you as a woman... interesting... many before tehy die say it was a wild animal of some kind or a demon.

She began to eat... you need eat Soldiers give us what they call ration before... not good... She laughed again. So what does soldier think of Kirea?
 
Last edited:
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Well The Keira really knows how to kill."

He chuckled,

"And if she created image from her mind. She has good imagination."

He finished the meal, by now the amount of food was catching up with him, the fruit at Keira's place and now this meal.
 
Last edited:
She has learned well from the animals that raised her until we found her. I do not know if she can turn into other things or if they were just so fearful that their minds made the Kirea into something other than human.

She watched him. You may rest here in the village if you like.. I have room here or I can speak with the others about you using what was left by last soldiers.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He actually considered the offer and then shook his head,

"I must go to the radio. Have to contact my elders and tell them that Gom~Nie is dead."

He settled down the holder and spoon and after placing the mask back on his face, he got up.

"I thank you for your kindness and help, I must go now."

Picking up his gun he slipped outside and walked down the road and to the villagers it looked like he disappeared into the grass again. Of course he had to be a bit theatrical to make them believe he was just a devil. Nobody remembers the man that spoke to a witch if he comes and goes as a devil. Soon he found his landing site and after setting up the radio he inserted the jack into his mask.

"Hotel Zulu this is Ghost over,"

He waited for a minute and then the reply came back.

"Ghost this is Hotel Zulu over,"

"Mission accomplished,"

The voice that came back was angry,

"Ghost this is Special Angel Smith, you just overstepped the perimeters of your assignment. You were to kill Gom~Nie, not blow a crater into the earth. You're going to get court marshaled for this."

So this was the thanks he got? He did everything they told him to do and now the orders was changed?

"Do you read me Ghost? Over,"

"I read you loud and clear sir,"

"Proceed to EP three, over."

Would he go back just to get court marshaled?

"Negative Smith, over,"

There was a tentative silence,

"Repeat that Ghost, over."

"Go fuck yourself Smith, I did what I was told to do. I'm not going to stand on trial because you decided I'm expendable while you sit in your air-conditioned office. So go fuck yourself and while you're at it, shove your dick into the General's ass. Ghost out."

He pulled the jack from his mask, drew his pistol and placed two rounds into the radio, taking a deep breath to calm himself.
 
Kirea had remained at the old womans hut and spoke with her when he left.

They will send him to another place he will not want to go...

Yes child they will

They will make him do all they have ever let him know but not tell him he has done good...

Yes child

He will never return unless we suffer more...

Have faith child... He has proven to be different than the others who have come here maybe they will order him to remain here... or the spirits will guide him on the right path.

I am going to return home unless you need my help?

Stay here for a bit and relax young one I think all will be well by dawn.

They sat talking for quite a while after that.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He stood there with his pistol in hand. What on earth did he just do? He smiled and pulled the mask from his face tossing it on the radio, slipping out of the grass suit he wrapped everything up in it and after slipping the ammunition belts on he hid the suit in the bush. He had a bush hat, black to fit the suit of course, he wondered where he would go, and there was only one way to go. Back to the village. He place the hat on his head and started walking, sniper rifle held and port.
 
They heard the shots and the old woman had moved outside of her hut to see what was going on.

You okay? She called when she saw him. Walking closer in case he was hurt. What happened?
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He met her and gave a slight smile,

"I'm all right,"

He told her what happened as they walked back towards her shop.

"Unless they come looking for me, it seems like I will be staying here."
 
Just as the Kirea protects us she can protect you too. She does not like Soldiers normally.

The old woman laughed. We need find you place lve here now? Maybe for now stay in strange building soldiers brought here. She motioned for him to follow her leading him to the strange to her semi permanent hard shell dome "tent" for better protection from natives and animals.

This work for now?
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He inspected the tent,

"It should do for now,"

He tapped against the walls to test the integrity.

"Think I will take this one until I can come up with something better. Thank you once again for your kindness."
 
The old woman nodded and smiled.

You rest well Dawn soon... Help village search through rubble of Gom~Nie home for things we need or can sell to city for things needed.

She smiled and turned to hobble away. I tell the Kirea that you will stay... now you fall under her protect like rest of village
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Well then, now there is a spirit looking after me as well,"

He went inside the shelter and started to sort through the stuff inside, soon he had everything sorted and stowed away like he wanted it. He stripped down to his underwear and after securing the door against wild animals he laid down on one of the beds.
 
There was evidence of why she killed at least one set of the soldiers while he was cleaning up... A torn piece of hide clothing was kicked back up under one of the cots attached to the wall. as well as signs of possible attacks on villagers also hidden about.

The old woman was glad that a structure that had meant so much trauma and hate for the village now housed someone who could help them. She hobbled back into her hut and told Kirea that he was staying and what had happened and noted the small smile that tried to touch Kireas's lips as the young woman left to return to her own home.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He listened to the night sounds and smiled to himself, finally he could actually do something worthwhile. Not just go in and kill. He frowned, though it did strike him as strange that the CIA would be part of this. Why would they only want Gom~Nie dead but his base intact?
 
The next morning many of the villagers were gathering things up to help them carry back anything they could use from the base. One of the older children knocked on the building Ryan was sleeping in.

Grass Demon Help us?

The old woman corrected the child... He lives here not demon... friend...

Kirea was there too to help guide them and protect everyone while they salvaged what the could.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He had found camouflaged pants and shirt that fitted him as well as two sets of boots in his size. He didn't count the ammunition left behind as it did seem like quite a lot. He could definitely wage a war against anybody trying to take Gom~Nie's place that was for sure. When the kid knocked on the wall he was ready to go out. He had his pistol, knife, machete and a P90, he placed the hat on his head and headed out.

It was quite a distance to carry the things they could use, but it was done with gusto, seemed like these people actually worked hard just to stay alive under the oppression of the warlord, now one was gone and they had easy pickings to get their life up and running again. Ryan watched Kirea as they worked, she moved like a jungle cat, all fluid grace and power. She didn't wear the pelts she had worn when they met and he had a sneaky suspicion that it was part of her camouflage. He turned to his work again, trying not to sneak peeks at her exposed skin.
 
In daylight she was still in animal hides but a different style. A gazelle skin almost dress like set up and sandals as she helped them haul stuff from the compound to the town and set up the ox wagon for the bigger items.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

Dusk soon settled on the land as Ryan trudged back to his place, he had seen a bush shower and was very willing to use it. Getting a towel he stripped, wrapped the towel around his waist and with the necessary scrubbing tools he went outside to the shower. He opened the water, tested the heat and stepped inside, zipping the panel close and basked in the warm water as he idly cleaned himself. He knew that he had to fetch water to fill up the solar tank again, but that was tomorrow's worries.
 
She watched him use the strange items the soldiers left and the one they had tried to drag her into. She remained around the village since there would be a celebration after the destruction of Gom~Nie the following evening.

She helped them set up and played with the kids and helped the old woman and then had moved off to sit out away from people... She was in no way used to being around even the villages for any length of time with so many people. She sat near the grasslands and stared out over the lands.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

After a nice long shower, he dried himself off, then went back to the tent, dressing into underwear, socks, boots and pants. He walks outside, watching the sun as it sets and he can see the fire from the village burning brightly. He pulled on a t-shirt and went for a walk, he decided to make supper when he came back and smiled as he thought of the glimpses he took of Kirea as they worked.
 
The old woman hobbled over to the dwelling. Tapping walking stick on the support rod.

You can bring this closer to the fires and village if you like... no need hide from everyone.

Getting no answer she hobbled back towards the village finding him out on a walk and telling him the same thing.

She was kinda the unofficial leader of the village and few ever refused her suggestions or requests, and as she thought it would put him and Kirea in more contact with each other. She seemed to believe that would be best for both of them.
 
Last edited:
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He grinned at the old woman,

"I'll join you another time, tonight I want to spend some time thinking about all of this and what I'll do if my people come looking for me."

He continued on his walk, taking in the dark landscape, judging it close to moon rise as the East started to lighten up.
 
Back
Top