2012 Survivor News & Views: Announcements and Discussions for the Survivorphile

I completed my Scorecard sections today but also got an Immunity. Can I use the immunity to close down a section even if I already have a story in it? E.g. if I have only one story for the three points can I use the immunity to close out the rest of the section and so not need to do the two additional stories necessary to get to the next level? I need to get to the second tier of stories if some of my poems are to count.... I'm ambitious.

:rose:

PS: Thanks to whomever worked on getting my Illustrated Story out for me today!

:rose::kiss::rose:

I'm real curious about this question. I don't believe you can use an immunity in a category, once you place a story in it. I could be wrong.

Also, I believe you have to reach every cap level in every category before moving on to the second tier of stories. Meaning 3 stories in all categories, or one immunity in a category. I know Box will be along sometime later and answer your question and give you something more official than my opinion.

I'm also very glad you got your Illustrated Story out too. :) I know as the end of the contest approaches stories in the pending process feel like they won't ever make it.

Recently I had one rejected because of text issues, saying that the text was garbled :confused: . Which is really strange since I've been submitting work since 2005 and never had an issue with the copy/paste method of my stories being accepted. So I resubmitted with a "note" explaining that I wasn't sure why it was rejected in the first place. Hopefully it'll pop up in the next few days.

I completed my Scorecard sections today but also got an Immunity. Can I use the immunity to close down a section even if I already have a story in it? E.g. if I have only one story for the three points can I use the immunity to close out the rest of the section and so not need to do the two additional stories necessary to get to the next level? I need to get to the second tier of stories if some of my poems are to count.... I'm ambitious.

PS: Thanks to whomever worked on getting my Illustrated Story out for me today!

:rose::kiss::rose:

Most likely it just came up in the normal course of things. I did PM Laurel about delays in posting illustrated stories, but I don't knowif it did any good or not.

As for your question, you absolutely cannot have an immunity and a story in the same cap of the same category. However, there is something you might be able to do. This is not a recommendation or even a suggestion. I'm just mentioning a possibility:

If you have a category with one story, you can withdraw that story from the contest and use the immunity for that category instead. So far, that's a foolish thing to do, because It reduces your score by three points. However, if you can prevail upon Laurel to change the category of that story to something else, you can then post the story to the new category. Obviously, the new category has to make sense. If you have a story of a man and a woman having sex, with nobody but them in the story, it would never be posted to Lesbian or Gay Male. If a celebrity is getting it on with his sister, it goes to Celebrity, not Incest. Illustrated or audible stories go to those categries, and nowhere else, uness they happen to involve a celeb. However, there are many stories that would fit equally well in more than one category and, if that is the case here, you might be able to make the change.

ETA: What Red says is true too. You have to finish every category through the first cap before you can start entering additional stories for points in any of the categories. You can include on your scorescard stories in excess of the first cap if you want to, but you can't count them in your score until you have filled in all 35 categories.

Last edited:
Thanks guys

Thanks for the responses Red and Box!

Yes, I know about needing to complete the three stories in all categories for the extra poems to count. I'm 42 stories short for that to happen which was why I was hoping to manipulate the immunity in this way and so do away with two of the stories. Two from 42 may seem small, but every little bit would help.

I have the extra poems on my Scorecard but I have not counted them. I just have them there with the links so that anyone who views my Scorecard can get to them easily. I notice that my Scorecard has had quite a few visitors; some of them may be interested in actually reading the stories.

:)

Thanks for the responses Red and Box!

Yes, I know about needing to complete the three stories in all categories for the extra poems to count. I'm 42 stories short for that to happen which was why I was hoping to manipulate the immunity in this way and so do away with two of the stories. Two from 42 may seem small, but every little bit would help.

I have the extra poems on my Scorecard but I have not counted them. I just have them there with the links so that anyone who views my Scorecard can get to them easily. I notice that my Scorecard has had quite a few visitors; some of them may be interested in actually reading the stories.

I am doing the same thing, keeping links to stories and poems that aren't eligible for points, for the same reason, but also I like the scorecards because they track the stories you've written for that year. It's fun to look back and see what you accomplished in a years time. I like the organization of it all. :D

I am doing the same thing, keeping links to stories and poems that aren't eligible for points, for the same reason, but also I like the scorecards because they track the stories you've written for that year. It's fun to look back and see what you accomplished in a years time. I like the organization of it all. :D

I know what you mean. This is my first year writing anything that anyone else has read except for one short story that I did about eight years ago. I look back at these stories and poems and feel the pleasure that I did on completing each of them. I have been repressed for a long time and this contest has been cathartic for me on many levels. I don't know what will happen for me as a writer in the future, but this particular contest will always hold a very special place in my heart. It was when I rediscovered what truly living my life could be about. I learned many things about myself through my characters who gave voice to some of the things that I couldn't admit to myself otherwise.

I signed up for a correspondence course in journalism about three days ago. I was thinking that I would go through this set of stories and fix the flaws that I now see and do my course. This will keep my muse alive for the next year as I concentrate on my school work. Hopefully I'll be done with that in another three or so years and then I can get back to writing full time - short stories, essays, poems, novels and journal articles... what a life!

(((SIGH)))

:D

I know what you mean. This is my first year writing anything that anyone else has read except for one short story that I did about eight years ago. I look back at these stories and poems and feel the pleasure that I did on completing each of them. I have been repressed for a long time and this contest has been cathartic for me on many levels. I don't know what will happen for me as a writer in the future, but this particular contest will always hold a very special place in my heart. It was when I rediscovered what truly living my life could be about. I learned many things about myself through my characters who gave voice to some of the things that I couldn't admit to myself otherwise.

I signed up for a correspondence course in journalism about three days ago. I was thinking that I would go through this set of stories and fix the flaws that I now see and do my course. This will keep my muse alive for the next year as I concentrate on my school work. Hopefully I'll be done with that in another three or so years and then I can get back to writing full time - short stories, essays, poems, novels and journal articles... what a life!

(((SIGH)))

:D

Very nice! Congrants and good luck! :D

I'm sorry that it took me so long to find this thread. I have to thank Box for that. I feel as if I'm a part of a community here. I enjoy chatting with you, Red, and I remember all the conversations that I have had with you and others about the writing process and about some of those stories and poems. I saw, for the first time last night, that you had included my story on your On the Bus chain. It brought a BIG smile to my face! Truly, this has been a remarkable year for me.

:heart:

I'm sorry that it took me so long to find this thread. I have to thank Box for that. I feel as if I'm a part of a community here. I enjoy chatting with you, Red, and I remember all the conversations that I have had with you and others about the writing process and about some of those stories and poems. I saw, for the first time last night, that you had included my story on your On the Bus chain. It brought a BIG smile to my face! Truly, this has been a remarkable year for me.

:heart:

You're welcome and it was a pleasure (and don't worry about where you carry a conversation). Posts can be moved if it bothers people too much. ;) :rose:

Is it permissible to cap a Level II with an Immunity if I haven't completed Level I (but intend to try to do so before the end of the year)?

I have wild imaginings of trying to complete all my Level I stories by the end of the year. This is unlikely, but I want to try. I'll be free again after next week and ready to begin writing again...

Is it permissible to cap a Level II with an Immunity if I haven't completed Level I (but intend to try to do so before the end of the year)?

I have wild imaginings of trying to complete all my Level I stories by the end of the year. This is unlikely, but I want to try. I'll be free again after next week and ready to begin writing again...

Yes, you can do that. That's why the distinction is supposed to be made between cap levels whey allocating an immunity. Rarely does somebody fill in all 35 categories with stories/poems or immunities, but it does happen. I have never seen a scorecard where all categories for the first two levls were filled in.

Yes, you can do that. That's why the distinction is supposed to be made between cap levels whey allocating an immunity. Rarely does somebody fill in all 35 categories with stories/poems or immunities, but it does happen. I have never seen a scorecard where all categories for the first two levls were filled in.

Bakeboss did it in 2010: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=42711040#post42711040 :eek:

I was shocked too. Just when you're about to protest that the standard is too high someone blows your argument out of the water.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Could someone please check the submit@literotica.com mailbox? I have been trying to submit a photograph to accompany my Illustrated story but it keeps being rejected and I have got this sort of message every time:

"... to <submit.psrwkg@literotica.com>
Connected to 216.169.111.8 but recipient was rejected.
Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 <submit@literotica.com>... REJECT Chkrelayd Class C Limit Exceeded.....

Hello everyone,

Could someone please check the submit@literotica.com mailbox? I have been trying to submit a photograph to accompany my Illustrated story but it keeps being rejected and I have got this sort of message every time:

"... to <submit.psrwkg@literotica.com>
Connected to 216.169.111.8 but recipient was rejected.
Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 <submit@literotica.com>... REJECT Chkrelayd Class C Limit Exceeded.....

I don't know what the message means, but is it possible you are trying to send too large a picture? :confused:

I don't know what the message means, but is it possible you are trying to send too large a picture? :confused:

It's no larger than any of the others that I've sent before.

I've tried again this morning. We'll see how it goes today.

No, it's not the size of the photo. I sent a test e-mail with no attachments yesterday and it was also returned.

(sigh)

Notes Field

When do we need to start putting the Survivor Contest bit in the notes field in order to expedite the stories posting?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Tara

Last edited by a moderator:
When do we need to start putting the Survivor Contest bit in the notes field in order to expedite the stories posting?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Tara

For Audible or illustrated items, you should have been doing it already. For other things, you can start anytime, but you pretty much have to include it for submissions made after Christmas.

That's your choice but, if you change your mind, you can return. I think you were in about 14th place, possibly in position to win the Amazon gift card but not cash.

Well, I'll jump back in then. Luckily it won't be too difficult to fix my scorecard again.

No, it's not the size of the photo. I sent a test e-mail with no attachments yesterday and it was also returned.

(sigh)

I wonder if there is a limit to how much you personally can upload to the Illustrated section of Lit.? Meaning each member is giving X space and once that's reached you can't upload more?

I honestly don't know, but figured I'd throw a guess out there. I don't think that'd be it, but who knows.

Good luck.

Well, I'll jump back in then. Luckily it won't be too difficult to fix my scorecard again.

I bumped your scorecard back into place, and I will add your name to the overall scoreboard the next time I update it, which should be Saturday. :)

A quick question to the group.

Anyone who has posted stories in the last few days and listed 2012 SURVIVOR CONTEST in their notes field, about how long is it taking to see those stories post?

Thanks bunches. :)

A quick question to the group.

Anyone who has posted stories in the last few days and listed 2012 SURVIVOR CONTEST in their notes field, about how long is it taking to see those stories post?

Thanks bunches. :)

Two to three days. I think that I had a story submitted on the 26th posted this morning! Poems now take about an hour to get out...

Two to three days. I think that I had a story submitted on the 26th posted this morning! Poems now take about an hour to get out...

Okay, thanks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed mine get in there. I'm usually not a last minute person, but this icky sickness has sucked these past 2 1/2 weeks.

Fingers Crossed

For all of us...question...does it have to be 2012 Survivor Contest exactly? I put Survivor 2012 Contest.

But now it is in the hands of the Literotica gods/goddesses. I managed to make my goal of submitting one story in every single category, but then got one rejected for First Time, because I talked about how he was attracted to the changes in his little sister's best friend...the summer they graduated from high school. Argh! I should have known better by now. But it seems silly that something that would not raise an eyebrow at Amazon or Smashword gets rejected here. I went back and changed it to specifically say she was 18....and submitted a back-up story to the category last night. But now it is beat the clock. But no matter what the outcome...I feel like I accomplished my goal and that is what is important (or so I keep telling myself).

And congrats to everyone else who participated...like I said earlier this is a close and fairly fought battle (except for maybe me and my apologies but I needed to fulfill this goal before I retire from Survivor). Everyone is a winner!

Tara

For all of us...question...does it have to be 2012 Survivor Contest exactly? I put Survivor 2012 Contest.

But now it is in the hands of the Literotica gods/goddesses. I managed to make my goal of submitting one story in every single category, but then got one rejected for First Time, because I talked about how he was attracted to the changes in his little sister's best friend...the summer they graduated from high school. Argh! I should have known better by now. But it seems silly that something that would not raise an eyebrow at Amazon or Smashword gets rejected here. I went back and changed it to specifically say she was 18....and submitted a back-up story to the category last night. But now it is beat the clock. But no matter what the outcome...I feel like I accomplished my goal and that is what is important (or so I keep telling myself).

And congrats to everyone else who participated...like I said earlier this is a close and fairly fought battle (except for maybe me and my apologies but I needed to fulfill this goal before I retire from Survivor). Everyone is a winner!

Tara

I think you'll be fine with your word choice. And good luck. My submissions are down to the wire as well.

Back