Interest Check: "Shop 'Til You Drop"

Lustful_Male

Experienced
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
Posts
37
IC Thread

After terrorists release a deadly virus in Eugene, Oregon, the Gateway Mall in neighboring Springfield is locked up tight by its General Manager, with only its employees, some service personnel, and a few customers inside. The initial thought was that after a day or two, when the Authorities got control of the situation outside, the Mall and its occupants would return to their normal lives.

Yeah ... not gonna happen.

Instead, as the virus swept uncontrollably from the Eugene-Springfield area throughout the Southern Willamette Valley and beyond, those inside the Mall realized that they were going to be here for a long time ... possibly a very, very long time.

What I Want to See in this RP:
1. While I don't have a specific plot in mind, I do have some direction and twists that I will occasionally throw out, just to liven things up; but for the most part, this is just the story of how those inside the mall interact with one another during this ordeal.

2. Writers are invited to play 1 or more roles. I would prefer if each of you wrote a store owner/manager/employee and/or a customer. There will be other character opportunities as well, including the (unarmed) security guards, the old folks who use the mall as an indoor track for their cardio-exercises, the homeless guy who arrives at opening and leaves at closing every day and sleeps under the nearby overpass, etc.

3. Writers should use spell check and at least review their grammar before they post. I don't expect an A+ quality college term paper; but if you don't at least correct your spelling such that we can understand your posts ... don't post!

4. I don't have set rules about post frequency and length except as follows:
a. Post as often as is appropriate for your character. If your character is an important part of an ongoing collaboration, you need to post more often so you don't hold up your collaborator or the entire IC thread story line; but if your character is just some quiet guy sitting in a corner reading a book and hardly ever talking to anyone, then you could probably get away with posting once a week (so long as you keep up on the story so you know where it is).

b. If you think a short post -- as in a couple of lines -- is appropriate for your character's situation, you can do that; but only 1 of these a night. If you are exchanging several short posts with another writer -- such as a back and forth conversation or a conflict/fight or a sex scene -- it should be done in a stand-alone thread and linked here when completed. (I can explain that in an upcoming OOC reply.)​

5. I like to see writers use initiative and be creative, but don't do something major that will effect most of the other writers' characters without first running it by the Host. You wouldn't like it if you spent the next week or so building up this wonderful story about survival inside your store, only to have another writer say he set fire to his shop and it spread to yours ... right?

6. This IS LitEROTICA ... so I expect that there will be some sexually based themes -- in fact, I'm hoping for it and excited to get involved in them -- but because this is the "ORP forum, and it's a little less sexually based that the "SRP" forum, sex scenes are to be conducted in a separate thread and linked back here, so writers and readers have an opportunity to pass them up if they wish without missing the rest of the story. (Again, I will explain this process.)​

I will put up more info, including a map of the mall and the list of stores, in another OOC post in a couple of hours. We are going to play with the actual Gateway Mall as our locale. I will list all of the stores with a general description of what they sell; I will post a map showing their locations; I will post a map of the greater Gateway area; and more.

Don't think that you are going to be a manager of a calendar store and have a safe with a million dollars and three shot guns under the counter and have a back room full of high protein food stuffs, setting you up as the ultimate survivalist. I am going to ensure that everyone has "resources" available to them and "deficits" in the things they need; I want writer to collaborate on "trade" between stores and more.

Okay, more later.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top