Does anyone here believe in Astrology and Numerology?

warrior queen

early bird snack pack
Joined
Jul 17, 2003
Posts
31,500
I have a few friends who are completely into them, and every morning I wake up to 5 or 6 emails detailing my 'portents' for the day.
Personally, I think it's all hogwash and hocus, but I tolerate them sending me this stuff because we're friends (although I delete without reading any!)
But I'm a curious sort - so I want to know if anyone here actually believes this stuff? Do you follow what it says? Plan your day because of what you read?

Oh... and if you do,.why? What makes you believe it's real?
 
Love 22 explains it all.

When you meet someone who really believes in numerology, it can be one of the funniest afternoons in memory.

gents catch Love 22
(associated press)


Love 22 is charged in U.S. District Court with circulating a handbill or advertisement in the likeness of a federal reserve note. He went on trial here Thursday- the day before May 22, as he would put it. He's charged with violating federal law by selling $22 dollar bills the government says look too real to be funny.

He was arrested by Treasury agents after this year's Mardi Gras celebration in February for doing what he said he normally does for a living- selling crisp $22 bills at five for a dollar all the while extolling the powers of the number 22.

The trial is before Magistrate Ingard Johannesen, whose office phone number happens to begin with the three numbers 589, which happen to add up to 22. Love 22 will be represented by public defender Jack Mulvehell, whose office phone number also begins with 589.

There is , of course, no such thing as a U.S. $22 bill and he often wonders aloud how the government can accuse him of counterfeiting a note that doesn't exist. Prosecutors and Love 22's federal public defender has refused to comment on what prompted the federal agents to arrest him.
 
I had the experience of having my horoscope as well as my handwriting analyzed in connection with a job interview.

When I found out, I informed them that I had reconsidered. I did not fight my way through years of exhaustive partying in college just to have my birthday decide my job prospects...
 
I had the experience of having my horoscope as well as my handwriting analyzed in connection with a job interview.

When I found out, I informed them that I had reconsidered. I did not fight my way through years of exhaustive partying in college just to have my birthday decide my job prospects...

You slash your Ts like a serial killer, don't you. :rolleyes:
 
Astrology makes as much sense as psychological tests.

Think about it, no Amazon Indian would qualify to teach a course about Amazon Indians. No state would license God to practice any profession, like medicine or law or engineering, nor could God practice divinity or teach theology.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You make your own luck in life through hard work and perseverance.

All of us Leos believe that this is true.
 
Each to their own but I don't believe in it myself.


bidrednz did had a very old dear friend who did his numerology chart for him not long after we met and told him someone new in his life was going to be the light and love of his life.

A teeny bit of me was a little impressed. :)
 
You make your own luck in life through hard work and perseverance.

All of us Leos believe that this is true.

Not while Saturn's in the 7th house.

Each to their own but I don't believe in it myself.


bidrednz did had a very old dear friend who did his numerology chart for him not long after we met and told him someone new in his life was going to be the light and love of his life.

A teeny bit of me was a little impressed. :)

A user ID with only 4 characters will bring you greater luck and spunk on this board.
 
I think it's all in good fun, really. I enjoy reading my horoscope every once in a while or reading those sign compatability things for couples.
 
Apparently, today is a 'poetry' day for me. I will be all about interpretation, not analysis.
A change in atmosphere will affect my thinking and there will be some confusion in contact with the people closest to me.

What a load of codswallop :rolleyes:

For a start, today will be spent on my own, cleaning the first two of the empty rooms here and doing a tip-run. I don't see anything to 'interpret' in either of those activities.

According to my numbers, I will be exploring a new business opportunity today which may lead to a successful flea-market idea :rolleyes:

Yeah.......
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
 
I want to know if anyone here actually believes this stuff? Do you follow what it says? Plan your day because of what you read?

No, but I take knowlegde out of it, how other people's reactions work.

The best thing a horoscope can do is telling you how the other person feels today. If you care.

What makes you believe it's real?

The thing that people REALLY act like the horoscope says - except those who know theirs and can avoid it - if they want.
 
Apparently, you read the wrong paper.

These are sent to my email by a couple of friends.... I have no idea which paper they come from.
Tbh - I don't think they even read it before sending. Everyone knows I am flat-out packing to move!
 
Believe me, astrology works, but most astrologers are phoneys and know their lemmings.
 
I am something called a 'true cusp'.
So because I'm smack-bang between two signs, I get to pick and choose which I like best!

The other one says I will try and keep a secret today and fail.
:rolleyes:
 
No. You're Aries. 100 percent. The way you represent yourself ist verrry Aries. You show no Pisces behavior at all.


Sorry to say that...

Why apologise?
It's not like I believe any of it anyway.
Although.... I am a little intrigued as to why you would characterise someone you have never met, based on a horoscope and a few posts!
 
I am a little intrigued as to why you would characterise someone you have never met, based on a horoscope and a few posts!

I just characterize you as Aries and no Pisces. That's not much.

I don't know Pisces who are hot to show their ass to everyone. Pisces always tend to be more introverted, mystical, dreaming, sentimental, decent. Aries are more dominant, impulsive, direct, egoistic.....and kind of naive (a trick to make her dominance bearable...;) )


So...now you know how you are :p
 
Back
Top