Finally A Texan Speaks Out, Impeachment!

Who cares? We should ban them for esthetic reasons alone.

I would agree but i'm not that huge of an asshole control freak, I personally like being able to spot stupid from a long ways off.
pic-6667303760982837411.jpeg

usually helps.

Obama lies, big surprise:

For those keeping track of these things, we have a Woodstock of intellectual dishonesty here:

The intellectually dishonest Vettebigot (of "2 billion dollars a day" infamy) quoting the intellectually dishonest John Fund ("Obama preventing military voters from voting" infamy) who is in turn quoting the intellectually dishonest John Lott (of "Mary Roush" infamy).

A veritable harmonic convergence of derp.

Fed gun laws, good thing the States are not allowed to enforce federal law. :cool:

Bullshit....

You can crank just as many rounds out of any other Semi auto or revolver action weapon, it's a fact....AR 15's don't have any more juice than a Mini 14 "Hunting" rifle, and a glock has no more fire power than a S&W revolver. No one get's military grade fire power without jumping through their own assholes for the ATF/FBI. Add to that not a single fucking ban previous, current, state or federal of assault weapons has so much as made a marginal flicker in general gun crimes or spree shooting rates because assault weapons are used in such a micro fuckin' scopic number of crimes.

Once again I ask, what in the mother fuck does the "Gun control advocate" crowd hope to accomplish by banning rifle body kits???:confused: Where are they getting the idea ergonomic grips/stocks/bayonet lugs/grenade launcher mounting barrel profile and mounting points some how makes a semi auto somehow more powerful than any other semi auto of the same cal??

Do they think banning 4 ft wings and ghey neon lights on Honda Civic's will prevent street racing? What kind of IQ are we working here with merc b/c I'm feeling like that crowd is trying to break their shoe sizes.....really really need to get some sleep.
Aren't you tired of that tune yet? Nobody's dancing to it.

Aren't you tired of that tune yet? Nobody's dancing to it.

Then prove to me which one of these .223 cal semi auto mag fed rifles is more dangerous or packs more fire power and why one should be legal and the other illegal under the assault weapons ban?
carbine-mini-14-e1331843304470.jpg

Custom-AR151.jpg

Exact same fire power....one just has a "hunting" or "ranch" rifle body kit and the other has a "Tactical" or "Assault" body kit, they both shoot the same fucking bullet at the same fucking rate.

Like I said...without the ban/confiscation of every semi auto everything and revolvers the pro gun control "assault weapons" ban a fucking joke, and your support of it makes you one too!!:D

BTW the question about the 2 rifles and the assault weapons ban is open to any supporters of the assault weapons ban, not that I expect any sort of coherent or sane response I just want to make sure you know the challenge is openly on the table.

Last edited:

As soon as I get my laptop back, I'm going to create a single image of the above, add the words "Which one of these rifles is a deadly assault weapon and which one is a perfectly legitimate hunting rifle?" on top and "If you don't understand why the question is funny, you lack the information to make rational decisions about gun laws" on the bottom and send it off to go viral. I've been meaning to do this for like a month.

As soon as I get my laptop back, I'm going to create a single image of the above, add the words "Which one of these rifles is a deadly assault weapon and which one is a perfectly legitimate hunting rifle?" on top and "If you don't understand why the question is funny, you lack the information to make rational decisions about gun laws" on the bottom and send it off to go viral. I've been meaning to do this for like a month.

So what you're telling me is that a soldier would be okay going to war with the one on top?

Indeed.

So what you're telling me is that a soldier would be okay going to war with the one on top?

LMFAO god damn you don't get it do you?

A soldier wouldn't carry either one as they have burst/auto M4/M14/M16's...not semi auto AR15 or M1's. The army body kit on the civilian rifle does not mean it has army firepower.....that is the fallacy behind the "Assault weapons" ban that makes it a total fucking joke and the legislation a rifle accessory ban to stop gun crime, LMFAO!!

But yes the 308 cal version of that very same Mini14 (the M14) has been around in service for the better part of a century.
firing_m14-thumb.jpg

An M1 (civilian M14) and AR 10 would be almost an identical comparison just in a different caliber.

Last edited:
Then prove to me which one of these .223 cal semi auto mag fed rifles is more dangerous or packs more fire power and why one should be legal and the other illegal under the assault weapons ban?
carbine-mini-14-e1331843304470.jpg

Custom-AR151.jpg
Umm... the blue one.

For all his faults (of which there are many) Botany Boy is correct about the assault weapons ban both past and present. It's a joke. It essentially bans meaningless accessories. It allows a rifle as long as you don't make said rifle look scary. Stupid law written and supported by stupid people.

For all his faults (of which there are many) Botany Boy is correct about the assault weapons ban both past and present. It's a joke. It essentially bans meaningless accessories. It allows a rifle as long as you don't make said rifle look scary. Stupid law written and supported by stupid people.
http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/msassaultweapons
Opponents of banning assault weapons argue that these military-style weapons only “look” scary. Assault weapons look scary and are scary because they are equipped with combat hardware. Combat features like high-capacity ammunition magazines, pistol grips, folding stocks, and bayonets, which are not found on sporting guns, are designed specifically to facilitate the killing of human beings in battle.

These combat features include:

A large-capacity ammunition magazine which enables the shooter to continuously fire dozens of rounds without reloading. Many assault weapons come equipped with large ammunition magazines allowing more than 50 bullets to be fired without reloading. Standard hunting rifles are usually equipped with no more than 3 or 4-shot magazines;
A folding stock which facilitates maximum concealability and mobility in close combat (which comes at the expense of the accuracy desired in a hunting weapon);
A pistol grip which facilitates spray-fire from the hip without losing control. A pistol grip also facilitates one-handed shooting;
A barrel shroud which enables the shooter to shoot many rounds because it cools the barrel, preventing overheating. It also allows the shooter to grasp the barrel area to stabilize the weapon, without incurring serious burns, during rapid fire;
A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor which allows the shooter to remain concealed when shooting at night, an advantage in combat but unnecessary for hunting or sporting purposes. In addition, the flash suppressor is useful for providing stability during rapid fire;
A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a silencer which allows an assassin to shoot without making noise;
A barrel mount designed to accommodate a bayonet which allows someone to stab a person at close quarters in battle.

Lies..

You can get any size mag for any weapon you want of any design you want, it's a sheet metal box with a spring in it.....the options are limitless. Also mag changes take about .2 seconds, your shooter with 1x30 round mag will finish less than a second faster than the guy with 3x 10 round mags....dummy.

The heat shroud cools the barrel? HAHAHAHA bro they have been developing the airiest ones they can b/c they insulate and help overheat the barrel. This is why the military uses very holey/airy drop in rails instead of the old car heat guards. They don't make the weapon any more dangerous.

Yes I suppose if I can make my 2 1/2 -3 ft carbine/rifle 4-6 inches short it would technically improve consealability, but are you seriously saying that being able to make a 34in rifle a 28" rifle makes the weapon more dangerous? Moron...

It doe's not make the rifle lose accuracy, millions can shoot a 16" AR with an adjustable butt stock every bit as well as a fixed one the very large or small shooter usually benefits and becomes more accurate with the available adjustability .

That entire list is a pile of bullshit...

Lies..

You can get any size mag for any weapon you want of any design you want, it's a sheet metal box with a spring in it.....the options are limitless. Also mag changes take about .2 seconds, your shooter with 1x30 round mag will finish less than a second faster than the guy with 3x 10 round mags....dummy.

The heat shroud cools the barrel? HAHAHAHA bro they have been developing the airiest ones they can b/c they insulate and help overheat the barrel. This is why the military uses very holey/airy drop in rails instead of the old car heat guards. They don't make the weapon any more dangerous.

Yes I suppose if I can make my 2 1/2 -3 ft carbine/rifle 4-6 inches short it would technically improve consealability, but are you seriously saying that being able to make a 34in rifle a 28" rifle makes the weapon more dangerous? Moron...

It doe's not make the rifle lose accuracy, millions can shoot a 16" AR with an adjustable butt stock every bit as well as a fixed one the very large or small shooter usually benefits and becomes more accurate with the available adjustability .

That entire list is a pile of bullshit...

It doesn't really matter. The issue is that gun violence has reached a limit with the majority of Americans and a president with balls is finally trying to do something about it. The NRA meanwhile is getting nuttier. They rant about tyranny and and that Obama is Hitler but if that were true he wouldn't have signed the executive orders for congress to follow up with. Tyranny would be marshall law with Congress out of the picture.

It doesn't really matter. The issue is that gun violence has reached a limit with the majority of Americans and a president with balls is finally trying to do something about it. The NRA meanwhile is getting nuttier. They rant about tyranny and and that Obama is Hitler but if that were true he wouldn't have signed the executive orders for congress to follow up with. Tyranny would be marshall law with Congress out of the picture.

By banning rifle accessories? A policy that has repeatedly failed miserably, how fucking LAME of a solution is that? :confused: And what does that say about it's moron supporters??

I'm not saying don't enact new policy, or move for change to reduce gun violence but jumping on a known fail train simply b/c knee jerk stupidity wants a warm fuzzy??

Come the fuck on...we can do better, and we all know it.

There is a compromise to be had by which we can regulate gun ownership while still allowing all those who qualify to own guns. We have other resources being squandered on jerk off bullshit that could be used to put violent offenders/illegal gun traffickers behind bars (DEA for example). THOSE kinds of things might be effective at reducing violent crime all around, unlike another "didn't make a damn bit of difference" assault weapons ban.

Last edited:

If it's meaningless, why are all the gun nuts so pissy-pants about it?

Like I said, supported by stupid people who think a bayonet lug matters.
How many hunters and sportsmen use bayonets on their rifles? Anybody who puts a bayonet on a rifle does it for one reason - to attack another person.

Do you think a bayonet is crucial for self-defense? What possible good is it against the heavily-armed drug gang intent on stealing your cash and stash?

If it's meaningless, why are all the gun nuts so pissy-pants about it?

Because they're children who want their toys. A folding stock and rail system make it easier to play because they look cool. They add no firepower or lethality to a weapon but they look really neat. It's childish and stupid but harmless and shouldn't be illegal.

How many hunters and sportsmen use bayonets on their rifles? Anybody who puts a bayonet on a rifle does it for one reason - to attack another person.

Do you think a bayonet is crucial for self-defense? What possible good is it against the heavily-armed drug gang intent on stealing your cash and stash?

I don't care why they want one. It doesn't make a gun more powerful, it's a knife. If someone wants a knife on their gun to feel manly then big deal. Lack of a bayonet lug on a rifle has never prevented a crime anywhere in the world ever in the history of mankind because who the fuck picks up a rifle to use it as a knife?

Because they're children who want their toys. A folding stock and rail system make it easier to play because they look cool. They add no firepower or lethality to a weapon but they look really neat. It's childish and stupid but harmless and shouldn't be illegal.
Were there too many hard words in my post? A folding stock makes it easier to carry and hide the gun.

Were there too many hard words in my post? A folding stock makes it easier to carry and hide the gun.

So does a long coat. Neither one make a gun more deadly. The deadliest rifles have fixed stocks. The most common guns used in crime don't have any shoulder stocks.
It's a stupid argument and a stupid law and the only people who support it are ignorant of weapons in general.

Back