Threads of my story out of order

TAMS

Virgin
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Posts
21
Hey there, I've been away from my story for a few months and I'm finally getting back to add things, but I've noticed some of my threads are now out of order. Basically, threads are linked where they aren't supposed to be. I did approve "tehdownloader" recently, but I didn't grant editing powers. I also see his name is gone now.

The story is: Blackmail: I know the secrets you keep

I've been away so long I don't recall how to move threads (if that's possible)?

(I acknowledge I may just be crazy and it's possible I screwed up on linking, but I was fairly meticulous when I started and so far I've found nearly a dozen miss-linked threads)
 
Last edited:
Linked threads can be removed, but only by the site moderators. On the other hand, you've allowed all writers to link threads, which extends to users who haven't actually supplied a proper thread. Going over the threads attributed to tehdownloader reveals it was this user who made those erroneous links; clicking the user's threads leads to blank pages, and the thread titles match perfectly with the crumby links. Strangely enough, the user is listed as a writer on the cover page and the writer list, but not the summary page.

Anyway, back to resolving the problem, you need either Torg or jakelyon, as they're the only two active users with moderator powers on the CHYOO site. However, it seems Torg only drops by the forum when he receives an interesting automated email, and jakelyon admits to only checking on the forums every so often. Therefore, you're better off using the contact form on the site to alert them to the problematic links directly. You could also try reporting the links by accessing them from tehdownloader's thread list, but given that they're only links instead of normal threads and I've never encountered such a problem, I can't say for certain this would report the link instead of the original thread.
 
The threads are links only.

Two of his threads start from http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.page/183440/177877

The bottom two are his links that direct you to two of your written threads.

The last of his links "ignore the comment" is also the title to one of your threads (49.1) I just can't find where he linked from.

Edit: He linked from the last of that thread line, 51.1...so the linker created a loop.
 
Weird. Okay, thanks for the information! I'll just do some copy, pasting and tweaking to fix it.
 
Back
Top