And it's Russia for the win!

Tiny straws are hard to hang on to, but the grasping is amusing.

The grasping will get even more amusing when the former goons of the Stable Genius turn on him as the investigation hones in on money laundering.

You want me to provide a quote of the FBI not saying something. Lol.

"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity," he said. "There is no allegation in the indictment that the charge conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."

The grasping will get even more amusing when the former goons of the Stable Genius turn on him as the investigation hones in on money laundering.

Delusional.

How’s the sanctions bill aimed to stop the Russians from continuing such activities coming along by the way?

giphy.gif

[in classic AJ voce]

~ We'll Let You Know
From Mar-A-Lah-Go! ~

[/in classic AJ voce]

;);)

"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity," he said. "There is no allegation in the indictment that the charge conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."

Do you see the words "in this indictment" in what you posted?

Completely unrelated to this indictment, but included in Papadopoulos’ guilty plea.

Papadopoulos admitted to authorities that the professor had told him that he possessed “dirt” on then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and her “thousands of emails.” The professor also discussed the emails during their meeting in April after Papadopoulos had joined the campaign.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1007346/download

Hmmmmm More Americans and Russians that have nothing to do with the latest indictments.

Not so, however, here. Flynn's plea agreement is very limited to the facts he described when he pleaded guilty, i.e., Flynn lied to the FBI about his pre-inauguration contacts with the Russian ambassador over sanctions, and a U.N. resolution attacking Israel. Unmentioned whatsoever in the plea agreement, however, are references to Flynn's alleged involvement in a reported plot to deliver a Turkish dissident cleric to the Turkish government in exchange for $15 million, or Flynn's failure to list, in disclosure statements, his receipt of income for a speech given in Russia and lobbying efforts for Turkey.

And equally important, there is no mention of any promise from special counsel Robert Mueller to forego prosecution of Flynn's son - presumably a primary reason why Flynn decided to plead guilty and cooperate with Mueller.

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...eft-out-possible-crimes-from-flynns-plea-deal

Completely unrelated to this indictment, but included in Papadopoulos’ guilty plea.

Papadopoulos admitted to authorities that the professor had told him that he possessed “dirt” on then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and her “thousands of emails.” The professor also discussed the emails during their meeting in April after Papadopoulos had joined the campaign.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1007346/download

~~ grasped straw ~~

Do you see the words "in this indictment" in what you posted?

It would help if you understood the nature of indictments. You don't get to charge people with one set of facts, then allege a broader, previously undisclosed conspiracy later.

This indictment covers all of the Russians that you know about that are charged in a crime those Russians in this indictment are not alleged to have engaged in those activities with the help and assistance of any Americans.

That statement from the FBI was in direct response to queries about whether this series of indictments was related in any way to possibilities of any Americans being involved. The answer to that is no

It would help if you understood the nature of indictments. You don't get to charge people with one set of facts, then allege a broader, previously undisclosed conspiracy later.

Of course you can, you fucking moron.

You noticed that too? ;)

To be fair, it's hard to see a salient point being put forth with all the distraction made from the free word salad buffet going on. ;)

KnobbyYawningDavidstiger-max-1mb.gif

Speaking of which, pass me the Thousand Island before the busters here bogart it! :D

I would be interested in hearing more about how Russia meddled in the 1916 US Presidential election.

Russia meddled in the election, something they've been doing for almost 100 years now. The only difference is the level of sophistication and an effectiveness that has probably even surprised them.

Russia's goal was NOT to see Trump elected, as a matter of fact I'm pretty certain they expected, and wanted, Hillary to win. Their goal was to undermine the Republic. Not since the years leading up to the Civil War has the electorate been so bitterly divided and it's at time like these that foreign powers have historically attempted to drive wedges to either weaken the target nation, or achieve leverage of some sort. The exploitation of social media afforded them a rare and far reaching opportunity.

Looking at the timeline;

2013 The Russians begin building up their social media infrastructure. Long before there were any officially announced candidates, especially Trump. Hillary was always the presumed nominee for the democrats.

Late 2015 Trump announces his candidacy. Everyone treats it as a joke, but the Russians, seeing an opportunity, jump on it. Hillary is still the democrats presumed and Trump is considered the weakest opponent by far.

Mid 2016 Trump is the republican nominee and the Russians cease their activity supporting him on social media. Ironically in this same time frame the 'dossier', also of Russian origin, appears.

Nov. 2016 Against all odds Trump wins. Immediately afterwards the Russians help in the organization of rally's and counter-rally's. Playing both ends against the middle and attempting an even greater division in the electorate.

We are in the midst of a second Civil War, the only thing missing up to this point is the bloodshed. Well played Russia.

Delusional.

We'll see about that.

This investigation will cast a big net. There will probably be members of both major parties caught in this net, but the Stable Genius's long-standing ties to this network will do him in.

As much as he advocates for building walls, he probably would not do very well behind them. Personally, I think it would be a good learning experience for him, and the thing is, Pence will probably be aware of what happened to Gerald Ford's election hopes when Ford pardoned a pathological liar.

So, anyway, chances are good that Stable Genius might get some first-hand knowledge about walls.

Now, go run along, Que, and keep grasping at those straws.

We'll see about that.

This investigation will cast a big net. There will probably be members of both major parties caught in this net, but the Stable Genius's long-standing ties to this network will do him in.

As much as he advocates for building walls, he probably would not do very well behind them. Personally, I think it would be a good learning experience for him, and the thing is, Pence will probably be aware of what happened to Gerald Ford's election hopes when Ford pardoned a pathological liar.

So, anyway, chances are good that Stable Genius might get some first-hand knowledge about walls.

I'm not grasping at straws. You're the one here speculating without an ounce of foundation.

As I said, delusional.

I never said it did. Reading seems to be a problem for you. Did you go to the same school as Vettebigot?

Your debate style is a mix of Luke's "UR a Dummy!" and Sgt Spidey's "I never said that!"

Is that how they teach rhetoric in law school over there?

We'll see about that.

And Pense can't pardon Dopey Don for state crimes, so there's that little nugget, too.

Back