What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you care about individual premiums when everyone will have the option to buy an exchange plan in a few months?

OUT FUCKING STANDING MR. PRESIDENT! GREAT JOB!

US ECONOMY EXPANDS AT 0.4 PERCENT RATE
BY MARTIN CRUTSINGER
AP ECONOMICS WRITER

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. economy grew at a slightly faster but still anemic rate at the end of last year. However, there is hope that growth accelerated in early 2013 despite higher taxes and cuts in government spending.

The economy grew at an annual rate of 0.4 percent in the October-December quarter, the Commerce Department said Thursday. That was slightly better than the previous estimate of 0.1 percent growth. The revision reflected stronger business investment and export sales.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-03-28-08-33-49

First you bitched that it was -0.1%

Then you bitched that it was revised upward to 0.1%

Then you bitched that it was re-revised upward to .04%

Upward revisions are a bad thing!

First you bitched that it was -0.1%

Then you bitched that it was revised upward to 0.1%

Then you bitched that it was re-revised upward to .04%

Upward revisions are a bad thing!

revised from HORRID

to a bit less then HORRID

tumblr_mkdfup74M11rmizsno1_500.jpg

My god I wish my cat would let me dress it as Michelle Obama. She'd murder me for putting her hair in that gettup. She'd follow it by pissing on my grave. Then she'd dig me up so she could eat me and shit me out.

AMERICANS MIGRATING TO RED STATES WITH MORE FREEDOM: John Merline at IBD reports on a George Mason Mercatus Center report:

The “Freedom in the 50 States” study measured economic and personal freedom using a wide range of criteria, including tax rates, government spending and debt, regulatory burdens, and state laws covering land use, union organizing, gun control, education choice and more.

It found that the freest states tended to be conservative “red” states, while the least free were liberal “blue” states.

The freest state overall, the researchers concluded, was North Dakota, followed by South Dakota, Tennessee, New Hampshire and Oklahoma. The least free state by far was New York, followed by California, New Jersey, Hawaii and Rhode Island.

The study also compared its measures of economic and personal freedom to population shifts and income growth, and found that freer states tend to do better on both scores than those less free.

For example, it found a strong correlation between a state’s freedom ranking and migration, which means that Americans are gravitating toward states that have less-intrusive governments.

Freedom is a good thing. Go figure.

last time we were told the SUBWAY guy was full of shit cause SO MANY ARE

axing

ABOUT FRANCHISES

Its not just one

FEDEX FOUNDER: I Couldn’t Start Company with Today’s Economy, Regulations.

Last month, a CNBC headlined noted, “Subway ‘Wouldn’t Exist’ If Started Today Due to Regulations: Founder Deluca.”

In 2011, Bernie Marcus said the same about Home Depot, which he founded.

Or to put it another way:

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”

Yes, ITS THE NIGGERS FAULT!

Obama, supported by his clueless followers, are in the process of tearing down the free enterprise system. Our society is being destroyed before our eyes.

If Obama is tearing down the free enterprise system then why is the Dow dancing with all-time highs?

"While there I learned that it takes a teacher in North Carolina fourteen years of teaching to reach a salary of $40,000 a year. When I hear stats like this, I grind my teeth thinking of the pundits and think tank gurus who collect six-figure salaries advocating that teachers should be cut down to size and have their benefits reduced and their salaries tied to student test scores."

— Diane Ravitch (via azspot)

http://dianeravitch.net/2013/03/24/a-wonderful-editorial-supporting-teachers-please-read-it/

Why do you care about individual premiums when everyone will have the option to buy an exchange plan in a few months?

WE HAVE TO PASS IT TO FIND OUT WHAT’S IN IT, PART 5,321: Another reason why the Affordable Care act isn’t going to be so “affordable” after all. The IRS has issued regulations that will deny health insurance subsidies to many middle-income families.

Under the law, individuals are eligible to get a federal subsidy to help pay for health insurance when the cost of a policy exceeds 9.5% of income. Under the proposed IRS regulations, subsidies will be available only if the cost of an individual health insurance policy exceeds 9.5% of income, not a family policy. As we all know, family policies are much more expensive than individual ones, often costing 3 times more.

The net effect of this regulation is that many Americans will not qualify for federal subsidies. But of course they’re still mandated to buy a health insurance policy anyway (or pay a hefty tax penalty). Nice.

SEBELIUS DOESN’T UNDERSTAND WHAT “INSURANCE” IS (AND DOESN’T REALLY CARE): When asked about the impending 30%+ rise in health insurance premiums expected under Obamacare, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius nonchalantly responded:

“Some of these folks,” Sebelius said, referring to those hit by ObamaCare’s price spikes, “have very high catastrophic plans that don’t pay for anything unless you get hit by a bus. They’re really mortgage protection plans, not health insurance.”

As John Merline at IBD observes:

Sebelius has it exactly wrong. It’s precisely those catastrophic plans that are real insurance, which in case anyone has forgotten is supposed to protect against unforeseen costly events, not pay $20 doctor visits.

What Obama and company are trying to force down everyone’s throats isn’t insurance, it’s massively expensive prepaid health care.

Too bad for those who’d rather buy real insurance and spend their money on something else.

So let’s get this straight: The woman in charge of implementing Obamacare:

(a) doesn’t really understand what “insurance” means and is designed to do; and
(b) thinks a 30%+ premium hike is good because people will get more “stuff”

Ugh — another instance of progressive/liberal distortion of language and belief that “more is always better.” Beam me up, Scotty.

If Obama is tearing down the free enterprise system then why is the Dow dancing with all-time highs?

it is up because of the ultimate destructive PUMP of MONEY by central bankers

it is easier to MAKE PLAY MONEY and hope the ripple effect helps

then to fix Obama's wreck

SEBELIUS DOESN’T UNDERSTAND WHAT “INSURANCE” IS (AND DOESN’T REALLY CARE): When asked about the impending 30%+ rise in health insurance premiums expected under Obamacare, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius nonchalantly responded:

“Some of these folks,” Sebelius said, referring to those hit by ObamaCare’s price spikes, “have very high catastrophic plans that don’t pay for anything unless you get hit by a bus. They’re really mortgage protection plans, not health insurance.”

As John Merline at IBD observes:

Sebelius has it exactly wrong. It’s precisely those catastrophic plans that are real insurance, which in case anyone has forgotten is supposed to protect against unforeseen costly events, not pay $20 doctor visits.

What Obama and company are trying to force down everyone’s throats isn’t insurance, it’s massively expensive prepaid health care.

Too bad for those who’d rather buy real insurance and spend their money on something else.

So let’s get this straight: The woman in charge of implementing Obamacare:

(a) doesn’t really understand what “insurance” means and is designed to do; and
(b) thinks a 30%+ premium hike is good because people will get more “stuff”

Ugh — another instance of progressive/liberal distortion of language and belief that “more is always better.” Beam me up, Scotty.

The 30% increase statistic is meant to scare you, not inform you. It's referring to catastrophic plans which have very low premiums to begin with. Insurance companies can't drop people if they become sick so a $20 premium goes to $26 and OMG 30% INCREASE DAMN YOU OBAMACARE!!!!

it is up because of the ultimate destructive PUMP of MONEY by central bankers

it is easier to MAKE PLAY MONEY and hope the ripple effect helps

then to fix Obama's wreck

Oh so free enterprise was destroyed and all it took to repair the damage and then some was a little action from the Fed?

The 30% increase statistic is meant to scare you, not inform you. It's referring to catastrophic plans which have very low premiums to begin with. Insurance companies can't drop people if they become sick so a $20 premium goes to $26 and OMG 30% INCREASE DAMN YOU OBAMACARE!!!!

There are no 26 buck insurance policy

But yo know that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back