The Chosen

Mephistophelily

Crazy is...
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Posts
15,955
A war has been happening for centuries... between vampires and The Holy Brotherhood- a group of religious zealots whose sole purpose is the hunting and destruction of vampires. During this time, vampires have sought a way to fight back during the daylight, to keep their line alive without the Brotherhood interfering... The solution being the Chosen- mortal children of vampire descent.
The Chosen are very sensitive to holy items, including holy blood. Aside from this, they are no different from most mortal children during the day. At night, they gain some of their parent's abilities such as strength and heightened senses... but lose these once come morning. The only way to take on the same abilities as their parent is to have their vampiric side fully awakened from the bite of a fullblood vampire. Each Chosen is given a Guardian, to help protect, train, and teach them of what their future will be.
The Brotherhood has begun recruiting younger members for their group, placing them in universities and schools to hunt for the Chosen children, training them on how to fight the children of the vampires.
-----

We could really use some people to play members of the Brotherhood.
Here's a pic I found if it gives anyone some inspiration for a char idea...
nakaura.jpg
 
Last edited:
Lucy.jpg

Name: Lucy Devon
Age: 19
Occupation: Mythology major
A Chosen child

Bio: Lucy has always felt a bit... off. Her mother died during childbirth, and her father refused to acknowledge her as his, saying that she was not his. For as long as she could remember, she always had what she called "her Night Angel" to watch over her. As she grew, she found out more and more from her Night Angel, who explained to her that she was indeed not the man's child, but that of a Vampire lord, and that he was there to help and protect her.

((Lucy's Night Angel is on hold for someone at the moment.))
 
Draken.jpg

Name: Draken Sironetti
Age: 2500 years
Occupation: Businessman
Species: Vampire
Description: silver hair, green eyes. Draken is a very old vampire, and as such he is able to stand holy items and the light of day. His skin, which was naturally tanned in life, now seems to be almost normal looking. He no longer needs blood, which is just as well as he usually wears white clothing. He actually has quite a bit of silver jewelry, but has to be careful when he wears it.

Bio: Draken was turned when he was about 25. He lived out most of his life normally anyways, refusing to take HUMAN life, and instead living on the blood of animals. At the end of his life, he went underground, and slept for many years. The sleep of ages, as the elder vampires called it, strengthened him, and decreased his need for blood and his sensitivity to holy artifacts. Now, 1500 years later, he is able to live a normal life again. He even supports the church, and is often seen conversing with the pope about what he calls The Sickness, what is more commonly known as the mutation that causes a person to become a vampire. He seeks a cure actively now, using the fortunes his servants from his time have amassed for him to support research, thinking maybe it was some sort of genetic defect or virus.
 
Last edited:
I'm considering joining. I just need to know how a chosen one is chosen. Can one of these chosen go through their life up till now without knowing what they are through some kind of miscommunication or something?
 
Yes, they could... their guardian could have been killed by the brotherhood before it made it to the child.
 
so if you are a choosen do you have to have a guardian? Or what not..sorry if this was asked just clerifying.
 
Name: Emily Williams
Age: 18
Occupation: Writing major philosophy minor (student)
Hair: Dark brown nearly black, curly but kind of messy most of the time.
Eyes: One dark green one blue (glasses)

Chosen one but currently unaware of even the existance of vampires.

Appearance: Little or no fashion sense. Usually comfortably dressed with her hair pulled back. She's about 5'5" and quite clumsy during the day. She's always seen with a book or two.

Bio: Adopted as a baby she was well loved and cared for. She was never very popular and she always buried herself in school work rather than try endlessly to obtain social standing within a high school setting. Today she is still very much a loner and hopes to write a popular book after breaking her dreaded writer's block. Every once in awhile she swears she's being followed, but never sees anyone.
 
Don't have to..
They could catch up with you later on, or could have been killed at some point...


If someone is interested in being a guardian, PM the person you were hoping to be Guardian of first to make sure its ok. It would also help if you put in your char profile, Chosens, if you WANT a guardian at some point.
 
Draken stood quietly on the penthouse of the building he owned. Using the fortunes gathered by his servants, he had set up a corporation specializing in genetic engineering and other technologies. He had bought the building to be a center for his company, but it had another purpose. To locate other vampires, and gain test samples with which to try to figure out how to cure what he called The Sickness. That was the only way he could think of it. The Brotherhood believed it to be the devil's power on earth, but he doubted that. He thought it might be some kind of genetic flaw, or maybe a virus. As such, he had a lot of tests conducted on genetic material from numerous humans and vampires. The Brotherhood didn't even know he existed, nor did the Pope. He debated telling the old man that he was searching for a cure, but knew that humans were a panicky lot. He had been tracking some younger vampires, and had noticed that many of them shadowed humans for some reason. He did his best to try to figure out why, but he had no clues.
 
OOC: I think we need a few more people before we start. Atleast three more..


We need atleast two more guys..
 
Last edited:
((I'm sure we'll get them after a few posts...))

Lucy walked down the street, clutching her books tightly to her chest as she stared up at the ominous church across the way. The bell was ringing. Again. Just the sound of it was enough to make her shiver...
Her friends insisted she was just being strange, that no one could have such issues with a church. Yet none of them seemed to notice that her own "cross" was actually upside down.... or the way she hid her face whenever they came too close to those doors. It caused such a pain inside her to even be near it... she wouldn't dare attempt to enter those doors.
She had hoped to skip out on her classes today, but her night angel wouldn't let her, insisting that her studies were far to important to pass by... Some of the modern mythology that was touched on in her last few classes, he had actually proven to be true. For one... Vampires themselves. No one seemed to truly believe in them anymore... But Lucy did. Her greatest friend, her confidante... and her deepest crush... was such a creature of myth.... And she herself had the blood of one coursing through her veins.
 
Emily lay in her small dormitory room amidst the towering stacks of books on the table. She'd fallen asleep with her head in the books once again. It was never on purpose. There was something about the night that beckoned her to walk the streets and sometimes even studying beneath the moon. Although she'd be strangely awake at night, her body always needed sleep and she'd crash hard at the end of the night. Her head perked up as she felt the heat of daylight touch her hair. She looked over at her digital alarm clock and her eyes widened.


"It can't be!!!"


She'd never been late before, but this was beyond late. She might've done better calling in sick, but something inside would never let her do that, and she rummaged around to try and make herself look a bit better. She ran out the door with a bag heavy with books and rushed to make it before it'd be 20 minutes into the class. She stopped suddenly. A cold feeling was in the air. It was that feeling again. She felt like she was being watched again, but she really had no way to prove it. She quickly continued back on her quest and made it in time for a pop quiz. She breathed in a sigh of relief and exhaustion. She finished the quiz in 2 minutes and collapsed on her desk. She couldn't go on like this.
 
Draken decided to go for a walk, and headed down to the elevators. On his way, he pulled on the long coat he wore when outside. He stepped into the elevator, and pushed the button for the first floor. He'd check in with the security guard, then head outside, maybe do some shopping. He waited for several minutes, listening to that horrid music they play on elevators, and then stepped out through the doors. He nodded to the guard at the desk, and asked the news. Finding nothing out of the ordinary, he stepped through the doors into the sunlight, pulling on a pair of dark sunglasses. Not that he needed them to survive, but it was easier on his eyes. He looked around for a moment, then picked a direction and started walking. His chosen route took him past a local college just as a student was rushing to her classroom.
 
A soft laugh came from Lucy as she passed one of the classrooms, seeing Emily out cold at her desk. No matter when Lucy saw her, that girl always looked like she was ready to fall asleep... Not much of a partier, she figured.
She headed to her own classroom, settling in at her desk to wait for the professor- only to notice the sign on the board. *9:45 Class Cancelled.*
She groaned. She had even passed some of the other kids from her class on the way in- why hadn't they bothered to tell her?! She got up once more, heading out for the quad. It had started to rain during the short time she had been inside, the sky blackened with clouds... But Lucy didn't mind. She sat on one of the cement benches, enjoying the rain.
 
Emily dreamt of the night sitting beneath the moon. She was no longer her plain self but something more. In her dreams she would often feel like she was a super hero or something. There were no boundaries and or anything weighing her down. Then suddenly she saw something new. Blood was dripping down cobble stone sidewalks and it shone black in the moon light. An urge she'd never had before told her to follow to the stream and find the body. It seemed a human was draped over the body lapping up the dripping contents with lovely satisfaction.


"Come.. Join me.." the figure said..


Just as she was about to touch her tongue to it, she woke up a violently from her sleep panting. She was at her desk. Had she missed it? Nothing like that had ever happened before in her dreams. She had to figure out what had happened with class. She put all her belongings back in her heavy bag and stepped out in the rain. It was a wonderful feeling, but she had to avoid getting her books wet. She was a long ways away from her dorm so she found an overhang sometimes used for people who ate meals outside. She saw a girl off to the side on a cement bench. She seemed to just be taking it all in.



"She must really love the rain." she thought.



She decided to call out to her.



"Umm..Hey! You know you don't have to sit in the rain! You can sit with me if you want..."
 
Lucy opened one of her eyes leerily, glancing over to see the sleepyhead from earlier setting under the archway. She smirked, getting up and going over to sit on the table, still dripping from the rain. "I love doing that...," She said with a sigh, then glanced to her. "So.. How was your class? Or should I say... your nap?" She smirked, laughing slightly. "Ah, don't worry about it. Everyone does it once in awhile. The lectures get a bit... repetitive."
She glanced up at the clouds, resting her chin against her fist. "My name's Lucy, by the way," She added, her eyes not moving from the sky. The darkness of a storm only made her long for the night... to be with her angel.
 
Draken loved the rain. Most people didn't like being caught outside in it, but with his preternatural senses, rain was delightful on the skin. He gave a slight shiver of pleasure as he walked, enjoying the rain. He hummed a song as well, keeping in time with his steps. When he looked around, he spotted two girls also out in the rain, though they had had the sense to step into an archway. He walked over, and smiled, then bowed, speaking in a slightly Roman accent. "How do you do, ladies? Shouldn't you be indoors on a day like this?"
 
"Hmmm?" Lucy glanced over, seeing the silver haired man approach. He was soaked from the rain as well... "Should, probably. Want to? Not at all."

She held her hand out into the drops once again, a soft smile on her face. "You could say I'm using it for a study session, since my class was cancelled... Some people believe that the rain can cleanse you of your troubles... Our western culture is really the only one to see rain as a bad thing. In the middle east, its praised, seen as a gift..."

Her fingers danced about in the droplets, letting them roll about on her skin. "During a downpour, the smell of the rain... I find that to be incredibly intoxicating."
She glanced to the man once again, smirking as she hugged her knees. "What about you, mister.... ah... I guess I haven't caught your name... "
 
Draken grinned, seeing how eagerly this young woman embraced the rain. It was truly astonishing, and made him wonder if she was different somehow from the normal people he saw in his daily workings. He bowed again, then straightened. "I am Draken. It is a pleasure to meet such enthusiastic young people."
 
OOC:
Name: Gabriel Dumah
Age:unknown (he claims to have forgotten, appears in his late 20's)
Occupation: none
Species: Vampire
Guardian

Bio: Gabriel Dumah has served the ruling council of the vampire nature for several centuries. No one knows when exactly he was turned, or who he was before he became a vampire, or even if Gabriel Dumah is his real name. What is known is that he is Irish, extremly old and is highly secretive. For almost 20 years he has acted as the Guardian of Lucy Devon, training her to survive her life as a Chosen Child. However, unlike most Guardians, Gabriel has begun to develop deep feelings for the girl.

IC: Gabriel leaned his shoulder against the stone wall of the alley across the street from Lucy. His body was wrapped in a heavy coat, a wide brimmed fedora covering his fiery hair. The storm was doing a good job of keeping the sun blotted out, but one could never be too careful with that big shiny bastard. And he need to see Lucy. The shadows of the alley were wrapped all around him, obscuring him from her sight. He didn't want her to see him just yet.

He had known the girl since she was born, always acting from the shadows as her guardian angel. It had even become her name for him, "Night Angel"

He had watched her grow from an infant into the young woman who now stood in the rain. He loved the way her skin looked in the rain.

Gabriel's eyebrow raised slightly as a figure approched the two girls. But he moved like a Vampire, not a human. Gabriel slipped out of the shadows and began making his way across the street. Even though he doubted this man was with the Brotherhood, Gabriel was very particular about who spoke to his Chosen Child.
 
"Draken." Lucy nodded at that, closing her eyes a moment. "I haven't seen you on campus before, Mister Draken. I think I'd remember a guy like you." She smirked slightly, opening them once more. "You seem to... stand out a bit." She laughed at his comment, shaking her head. "I just like to learn, Mister Draken. Learn everything I can... You never know what knowledge will help you later on in life."
 
"I am Draken. It is a pleasure to meet such enthusiastic young people."


The man seemed odd to her. She was getting a strong feeling in the company of this man and this girl. It was as if something was yelling at her in the back of her head. She felt a strong that something was wrong and that she should leave.


"Your accent is odd for this area Mister Draken. I'm afraid I can't quite place it. What country do you hail from? If you don't mind me asking..."
 
Draken smiled, then turned slightly, looking over his shoulder. He sensed the presence of a younger one, though he couldn't tell how much younger. He almost didn't catch the question from the second young woman. He turned back to look at her, and laughed. "I am from Italy. I grew up hearing the excessive flamboyance of Italian and Grecian."
 
"I am from Italy. I grew up hearing the excessive flamboyance of Italian and Grecian."


"I see.. Well it's just not everyday one sees a man so foreign and well dressed in the rain amongst students. Just as well I should be going to find out what has become of my classes. Good day to you both and I hope to see you again lucy. "


She grabbed her things and ran into the rain towards the main building. She saw a man in an overcoat and fedora. She was getting that feeling again. Something was different about these people. Then again, that was crazy. Humans are human and that all there is to it. However she could not ignore these feelings she felt getting stronger and stronger each day. The feeling of being watched, odd intuition, feeling that some people were different. It was driving her crazy. The man with the odd accent and the man with the fedora. Something was practically yelling at her that they were different. She tripped and fell into the mud, but for some reason she did not desire to get up. What the hell was happening to her? She was forever being watched and it couldn't be her imagination..
 
Back
Top