A proposal for the GLBT forums

I've just gone over this thread from the beginning and what it seems to have boiled down to is essentially renaming the existing forums and possibly readjusting the hierarchy.

Thus, there might be an overarching forum with stickies/admin posts and links to the subforums (but no regular threads), called simply "GLBT" or "Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender" or something similar. Subforums would include:

1) a discussion forum, variously named "Forum", "Discussion", "Discussions", "Life" or "Living" (with or without "GLBT" in front of it) for the 'non-horny' discussions (aka "you don't have a dick in your hand"). This would include lifestyle & orientation discussions, news & issues, and probably most lesbian threads. Basically "News & Issues" renamed with a slight change in emphasis. The general term 'Discussion' is a front-runner for the title but I think 'GLBT Life' better sums up the proposed content.

2) a sex talk or 'GLBT fetish-like' forum for posts by horny people, name suggestions for which include "Talk", "Fetish", "Bi Guys 'n Gals", "Playground", "Bisexual Playground", "Sex Talk" or "Exploration" (again, with or without "GLBT"). Also referred to as the "you have (or would like) a dick in your hand", it would be mostly for the "guys who like cocks but aren't gay" posts but would also include any topics by or about gays, lesbians, bis or transgenders intended mainly to sexually arouse or to gratify same. This is essentially the 'Chatter' forum renamed; thus far 'Playground' seems to be the leading contender.

3) a GLBT personals thread, either moved from where it is currently located (under Personals) or simply a link thereto.​

Suggestions for other subforums have included "W4W" for discussion (not hawt sex talk) by lesbians and bi/trans women and/or a "M4M" or "MSM" subforum to take most of the penis-dominated sex chat (which would leave Chatter/Playground as a mainly W4W forum). The majority thus far, however, seem to be of the opinion that 'Discussion' would accommodate most W4W and 'Playground' most M4M.

So here's what you gotta do if you have a suggestion for changing the forum.

First, make a thread outlining your ideas explicitly so other people can understand them. Get feedback from other participants about your specific plan.

Then, if everybody in the thread is in agreement, make a poll. Polls tend to get eyeballs more than discussion threads, so there will be even more people in on it. If 2/3 of the votes support the change, then you can send the idea to Laurel. Not me - Laurel.

That's how to do it. I can't change the forum, Laurel can. It's got to go to her.

The issue now is mostly (?) about what, specifically, these various forums should be named. Have I summarized the situation accurately?

Last edited:
I've just gone over this thread from the beginning and what it seems to have boiled down to is essentially renaming the existing forums and possibly readjusting the hierarchy.

Thus, there might be an overarching forum with stickies/admin posts and links to the subforums (but no regular threads), called simply "GLBT" or "Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender" or something similar. Subforums would include:

1) a discussion forum, variously named "Forum", "Discussion", "Discussions", "Life" or "Living" (with or without "GLBT" in front of it) for the 'non-horny' discussions (aka "you don't have a dick in your hand"). This would include lifestyle & orientation discussions, news & issues, and probably most lesbian threads. Basically "News & Issues" renamed with a slight change in emphasis. The general term 'Discussion' is a front-runner for the title but I think 'GLBT Life' better sums up the proposed content.

2) a sex talk or 'GLBT fetish-like' forum for posts by horny people, name suggestions for which include "Talk", "Fetish", "Bi Guys 'n Gals", "Playground", "Bisexual Playground", "Sex Talk" or "Exploration" (again, with or without "GLBT"). Also referred to as the "you have (or would like) a dick in your hand", it would be mostly for the "guys who like cocks but aren't gay" posts but would also include any topics by or about gays, lesbians, bis or transgenders intended mainly to sexually arouse or to gratify same. This is essentially the 'Chatter' forum renamed; thus far 'Playground' seems to be the leading contender.

3) a GLBT personals thread, either moved from where it is currently located (under Personals) or simply a link thereto.​

Suggestions for other subforums have included "W4W" for discussion (not hawt sex talk) by lesbians and bi/trans women and/or a "M4M" or "MSM" subforum to take most of the penis-dominated sex chat (which would leave Chatter/Playground as a mainly W4W forum). The majority thus far, however, seem to be of the opinion that 'Discussion' would accommodate most W4W and 'Playground' most M4M.

The issue now is mostly (?) about what, specifically, these various forums should be named. Have I summarized the situation accurately?

Why don't you do as the Etoile asked. Start a new thread, call it "New LGBT forum ideas", us your post as a starting point.

I guess. It just seems a bit redundant to start another thread when this one's already here. Would such a thread (and any associated poll) go in this forum as it's an 'issue'? I ask because a lot of people probably don't look here and it seems like circular reasoning to claim that those who don't read this forum (but stay instead in the 'dick in your hand' section) don't object to such a change because they didn't respond...

Back