THE WATERCOOLER

Halo_n_horns said:
Hope you can get it back soon. All of our pics disappeared from the "Artists of Erotica" thread... :eek:

I got them all, just waiting for the domain name to kick in: http://www.barnburnermag.com I'm having to make the change myself. They won't move the files for me. What would only take them a couple of minutes, will take me a while. Up to 48 hours for the domain change to kick in.

:rolleyes:

BlackSnake said:
I got them all, just waiting for the domain name to kick in: http://www.barnburnermag.com I'm having to make the change myself. They won't move the files for me. What would only take them a couple of minutes, will take me a while. Up to 48 hours for the domain change to kick in.

:rolleyes:

PS: I like this Aria Chocolate - Liquid skin

Let's talk about scary

I was sitting in my office doing some personal stuff (i.e., surfing the web, checking email, and lurking around Lit) when my phone rang. Our administrative assistant (secretary) said, "Could you come to the director's office, now, please." She has a sweet voice, but "now" meant I did not have a choice. Click, click, click, click, click, click, and click I closed the browser windows I had open, and then rushed to the director's office. Nervous, because I was looking at a really great nude pic someone had sent me.

The director hands me a stack of papers. "It's evaluation time," he said. I tried not to show my relief as he pointed out that he marked "highly productive" in each of the category areas except for one. "I'd like to see you take more control of the projects. I don't have to know about everything you are doing." And not one mention of the net incident.

"Gee, I was just covering my ass. Hell, if you know that I was looking at some woman's spread pussy when I got the call to come in here, you wouldn't say that," I thought that to myself, of course. I haven't completely lost my mind.

So, by trying to hide the fact that I look at pron while at work, I failed to get a perfect score on my evaluation.

:D

Last edited:
BlackSnake said:
So, by trying to hide the fact that I look at pron while at work, I failed to get a perfect score on my evaluation.

:D

Actually it sounds like you did get a perfect score. In the business and trade schools, business people and future leaders of one kind or another are taught to never ever give perfect scores to anyone, even if he/she is a perfect employee. I've had supervisors tell me flat out that they practically had to make up something about me that I should work on before they could hand in the final review. This was despite my knowing that I was a big mouth or that my attitude got out of line from time to time, etc.

So in closing, I give BlackSnake four out of five stars. I'm sure there's something you need to work on, but I'll make that up out of thin air later.

:cool:

Halo_n_horns said:
Actually it sounds like you did get a perfect score. In the business and trade schools, business people and future leaders of one kind or another are taught to never ever give perfect scores to anyone, even if he/she is a perfect employee. I've had supervisors tell me flat out that they practically had to make up something about me that I should work on before they could hand in the final review. This was despite my knowing that I was a big mouth or that my attitude got out of line from time to time, etc.

So in closing, I give BlackSnake four out of five stars. I'm sure there's something you need to work on, but I'll make that up out of thin air later.

I was just glad that I hadn't been busted for looking at pron...lol

Absolutely dead!!!

My daughter has been admitted in the hospital Tuesday night and I'm beat. It's the first time since then that I'm at home and even though I'd like nothing more than to sleep I have a ton of things to do, washing, cleaning and in just a few hours I'll have to be back at the hospital.

So, to make a long story short, if anyone needs me, don't despair if I don't answer right away...my priorities are in order and my daughter's health comes before anything else.

LadyCibelle said:
My daughter has been admitted in the hospital Tuesday night and I'm beat. It's the first time since then that I'm at home and even though I'd like nothing more than to sleep I have a ton of things to do, washing, cleaning and in just a few hours I'll have to be back at the hospital.

So, to make a long story short, if anyone needs me, don't despair if I don't answer right away...my priorities are in order and my daughter's health comes before anything else.

I wish her well, and my thoughts are with you

LadyCibelle said:

I truly hope all goes well for your daughter and you. I can't imagine how difficult it must be but you will both be in my thoughts and prayers. You've been very kind to me and have welcomed me here with open arms and I really believe kind people like you deserve a happy ending and some peace of mind.

Back home

We're now back home...I didn't remember how tiring it was to spend days and nights in a hospital room. Lucky for me my daughter is a teen so I didn't have to feed, bathe and dress her but nonetheless I'm absolutely dead :(

Thanks to everyone who sent me good wishes, either here or privately. It really means a lot to me to know nice people such as you all :)

Here's a :nana: to thank you :heart:

Glad to hear things are okay now, LadyC. I imagine your daughter is much happier to be home.
I suggest taking a long bath, then laying in bed and watching a good movie. That should make you feel better. :heart:

LadyCibelle said:
We're now back home...I didn't remember how tiring it was to spend days and nights in a hospital room. Lucky for me my daughter is a teen so I didn't have to feed, bathe and dress her but nonetheless I'm absolutely dead :(

Thanks to everyone who sent me good wishes, either here or privately. It really means a lot to me to know nice people such as you all :)

Here's a :nana: to thank you :heart:

I'm very happy to hear that you have her home. Hospitals are not warm places.

Dear LadyCibelle

You've received some private messages from me expressing frustration that I wasn't able to IM you a few days ago when you were home briefly. The IM server you mentioned still doesn't work, but I have sent you a "Please Join" message from another server.

I am so glad your daughter is back home. As you may eventually notice, the stories you asked me to work on have been sent back to you, along with a note of concern about how she's doing, how you are doing, and what comes next. I have had some very bad things happen to me this past weekend too, but I want to keep quiet about them until I know you are feeling up to talking.

Please remember: I am out of reach from evening March 4 until night March 10, and also will be away on March 21-22 (possibly longer in the latter instance). I will also take an Easter vacation on March 25-27. I don't want you to feel left out in the cold in case you need me to work on something!

Captain Midnight

Originally Posted by LadyCibelle

Here's a :nana: to thank you

I'm not an editor, but I wanted to tell you, LadyCibelle, how happy I am that you and your daughter are home. Wonderful news! Hugs and kisses to the both of you!

I also wanted to thank you and Captain Midnight for your help.

I hope I wasn't out of line in posting here. If I was, please forgive me! :kiss:

angelicminx said:
I'm not an editor, but I wanted to tell you, LadyCibelle, how happy I am that you and your daughter are home. Wonderful news! Hugs and kisses to the both of you!

I also wanted to thank you and Captain Midnight for your help.

I hope I wasn't out of line in posting here. If I was, please forgive me! :kiss:

No Minx you weren't out of line posting here. Everybody is allowed to post here just as long as you write or edit. Thanks for the good thoughts, we'll need it as we're not out of the wood yet.

I know this is supposed to be a kind of time-out and away from editorial discussion but I had an idea for a thread and didn't want to create it if there's already one in existence, so my apologies for putting the query here. Feel free to lash me about the head and shoulders with wet noodles as needed.

I have a good eye/ear for spotting where improvements to stories can be made. The problem that I run across most often, however, is not always knowing the proper terminology for the problems I identify or the corrections that need to be made. I find myself scrambling over the web trying to figure out if the tense that I'm talking about is past perfect or past imperfect or what the parts of a sentence are called other than subject, verb, object. At one point I had a very good list of links for this kind of information that I could refer to myself or could point authors to so they could better educate themselves. Far easier to send someone to a link on how to punctuate written dialogue than to spell it out myself every time.

Unfortunately, I lost the links I'd compiled and since I wasn't editing at the time I didn't bother to go look them up again. Since I've reactivated my VE profile I've found myself out searching the web again for useful tutorials and explanations.

My query is whether anyone else does this, has useful links and is interested in a permanent place to reference such things here at Lit. Or, if no one wanted to put a sticky here I'm sure I could rig a yahoo page or some such to post them.

Having said all this, it occurs to me that this is likely not an original idea and there very well may be something of this nature already in existence that I've managed to just blunder past without seeing. I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction if that is so.

Thanks for the space and, again, I apologize if this wasn't the correct place to bring this up.

-B

bridgeburner said:
I know this is supposed to be a kind of time-out and away from editorial discussion but I had an idea for a thread and didn't want to create it if there's already one in existence, so my apologies for putting the query here. Feel free to lash me about the head and shoulders with wet noodles as needed.

I have a good eye/ear for spotting where improvements to stories can be made. The problem that I run across most often, however, is not always knowing the proper terminology for the problems I identify or the corrections that need to be made. I find myself scrambling over the web trying to figure out if the tense that I'm talking about is past perfect or past imperfect or what the parts of a sentence are called other than subject, verb, object. At one point I had a very good list of links for this kind of information that I could refer to myself or could point authors to so they could better educate themselves. Far easier to send someone to a link on how to punctuate written dialogue than to spell it out myself every time.

Unfortunately, I lost the links I'd compiled and since I wasn't editing at the time I didn't bother to go look them up again. Since I've reactivated my VE profile I've found myself out searching the web again for useful tutorials and explanations.

My query is whether anyone else does this, has useful links and is interested in a permanent place to reference such things here at Lit. Or, if no one wanted to put a sticky here I'm sure I could rig a yahoo page or some such to post them.

Having said all this, it occurs to me that this is likely not an original idea and there very well may be something of this nature already in existence that I've managed to just blunder past without seeing. I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction if that is so.

Thanks for the space and, again, I apologize if this wasn't the correct place to bring this up.

-B

Bridge,

I absolutely LOVE your idea and if you can find such information I'd be happy to post them as a stickie. This kind of information in priceless for editors and I'm sure everyone could use it.

If you do find those links send them to me via PM and I'll be happy to create a stickie for them :)

Proper grammer worries me.

It is imposed in schools that statements should be put in positive form.

i.e.,

He was not very often on time.

v.

He was usually late.

I like readers to read my stories with the tenseness and rhythm that I wrote it.

BlackSnake said:
Proper grammer worries me.

It is imposed in schools that statements should be put in positive form.

i.e.,

He was not very often on time.

v.

He was usually late.

I like readers to read my stories with the tenseness and rhythm that I wrote it.

Of course a story is better read in the tense the writer intented to, but I don't think that's what bridge meant. Some writers are all over the place, I'm sure you know some who are like that, and teaching them some grammar rule would do them a world of good.

That's why a good editor will look at the story as a whole before changing any tense, or anything else for that matter, and will make sure that the changes suggested go with the spirit and flavour of the story :)

Hey Lady and Horns, I just got the first copies of "Harper's Point" and "Body Heat" via UPS. They look fantastic.

BlackSnake said:
Hey Lady and Horns, I just got the first copies of "Harper's Point" and "Body Heat" via UPS. They look fantastic.

Cool Snakey :nana: Now we only need OUR own copy ;)

Sweet, BS! Bet that feels pretty good holding your own work in your hands like that!!!

Halo_n_horns said:
Sweet, BS! Bet that feels pretty good holding your own work in your hands like that!!!

God yes! The three of them. I can barely take my eyes off them. "Body Heat" has you guys name on it, so you will just love seeing it.

Back