Was Marilyn Monroe a Poetess and Writer?

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

- Marilyn Monroe

marilyn-monroe-thumb.jpg
 
430900_10151289054064086_804799251_n.jpg




Pardon me – I’m, sorry to wake you
But I wonder if you could help
me

I’m being abducted

you know – kidnapped – by him

I thought maybe as soon as
we got some place I’d ask the
driver to stop and let me off
But we been driving for hours
and we still don’t seem to be
nowhere at all – not only that
but I’m freezing to death – I
ain’t got much on under
my coat

Fragments: Poems, Notes, Letters by Marilyn Monroe
 
I adore you for showing support since my creation of this thread tonight. What's your fave poem, song, quote, handwritten thingy of hers because it seems there are tons.

He's never read a quote by her until tonight. Fuck, you're dumb.
 
“This life is what you make it. Not matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And babe, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up becuase if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.”

― Marilyn Monroe
 
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe
 
Just did. Seeing Just Pet's avatar took me back a decade.

I like it, the thread and the avatar.

JP may or may not adhere to the golden ratio, but I'll take her over some nautilus shell any day of the week.
 
I like it, the thread and the avatar.

JP may or may not adhere to the golden ratio, but I'll take her over some nautilus shell any day of the week.

Hey man, people wearing 10 year old avatars is fine with me. That's artful.

I guess.

You're a blobfish averaging like 90 posts a day, fuck outta here.
 
“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
― Marilyn Monroe
 
I’m finding that sincerity
and trying to be as simple or direct as (possible) I’d like
is often taken for sheer stupidity
but since it is not a sincere world –
it’s very probable that being sincere is stupid.

One probably is stupid to
be sincere since it’s in this world
and no other world that we know
for sure we exist — meaning that –
(since reality exists it should be must be dealt should be met and dealt with)
since there is reality to deal with/

- Marilyn Monroe
 
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
― Oscar Wilde
 
I was in high school. I bought this huge, hard cover coffee table book. My fingers
remember the texture of the cloth cover. So many pictures of her. I read the books
written about her life history, and what she did with her life. What happened to her.

Men have stopped singing about her. My heart will never stop singing about her.
She was one of us. There was more to her than just flesh and breath.

It's nice to know her thoughts and explorations, views and discoveries were
not discarded and lost.

I'm just a girl
I'm just a girl in the world...
That's all that you'll let me be!

- GwenStefani

There is so much that is left unknown, about her.
 
I admire tenacity. It's a gateway drug of loyalty.


You posted these ^^ words while in the artful design thread showcasing shitty pix? *tsk tsk

“If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.”
― Marilyn Monroe
 
You posted these ^^ words while in the artful design thread showcasing shitty pix? *tsk tsk

“If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.”
― Marilyn Monroe

I can scarcely help the quality of the camera. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
 
Btw, why is Blobfish suddenly on my case in here?

Go off and be classy and artful elsewhere. Cuz for every boneheaded move you keep making I will have a Marilyn line for you.
 
Btw, why is Blobfish suddenly on my case in here?

Go off and be classy and artful elsewhere. Cuz for every boneheaded move you keep making I will have a Marilyn line for you.

Everywhere else is boring. But if you want me to leave, I will leave.

"I want you inside me."
-the ether
 
Back
Top