Women:

Imagine you are walking in the country or perhaps a park and you come across four people. Three of these people are sitting on the ground – two of them notice you, while the third, still talking and gesturing with his hand, has not. To one side is a picnic basket – tipped so that a bread roll and some cherries have spilled out. All very normal except one of the women, the one who is sitting is completely naked. Her clothes are lying on the ground to the side. She has noticed you coming, as has the man sitting next to her. Perhaps you are a friend. The two men and a woman in the background are dressed – the men quite completely.

You note that neither the woman nor the man who have noticed you coming seem surprised or alarmed. The woman, the one who is naked, makes no attempt to cover herself or to get her clothing. She continues to sit as she has been sitting for what appears to have been some time. It seems that she and the two fully dressed men have been talking, perhaps discussing art or politics. In the background is a stream or a small lake where the second woman is standing, bent over, with her feet in the water. She is reaching down for something.

The presence of the water and the wading woman may offer an explanation as to why the woman who has noticed you is without any covering. Maybe she had been bathing, then dried off using the cloth she is now sitting on – her hair is slicked back so possibly it is still somewhat wet. She then, feeling no need to put her clothes on, sat down to join in conversation with the men. This is to me is the painting “Le dejeuner sur l’herbe” (1862) by Edouard Manet, See here: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/a5gI1dZH-QE/maxresdefault.jpg.

I am particularly intrigued by the nude woman’s expression and posture. My interpretation is that she is calm and self assured. She is in no way ashamed or embarrassed about being seen naked. It appears to me that she feels being seen naked is just as normal and acceptable as being seen with clothes on. She is as fully comfortable with her body as Michelangelo’s “David” is. The men also seem to feel this way about her nudity.

It has been stated that Victorine Meurent was the model for the woman in the foreground of this painting, however I also read that “The nude woman is a combination of both his [Manet’s] wife Suzanne Leenhoff and one of his other female models, Victorine Meurent.” If this is the case then looking at other pictures of Victorine Meurent and pictures of Suzanne Leenhoff it seems to me that Victorine was the model for the nude woman’s face and Suzanne would be the model for her body.

Manet has not depicted his subject as being the “perfect” nude, such as Alexandre Cabanel did in his “The Birth of Venus” done about the same time. Further in “Le dejeuner sur l’herbe” the naked woman is assertively looking at the viewer, while Cabanel’s Venus is only sneaking a look.

Some people seem to see the women in “Le dejeuner sur l’herbe” to be prostitutes. I have never seen it that way and I see nothing sexual in this painting. When the painting was exhibited in the "Salon des Refusés" Manet titled it “Le Bain” (The Bath). Emile Zola, a friend of Manet, described the painting in the following way “There is some foliage, a few tree trunks, and in the background a river in which a woman in a shift is bathing. In the foreground two young men are seated facing a second woman who has just emerged from the water and who is drying her naked body in the open air.” And he also writes: “This nude woman has shocked the public which has been unable to see anything but her in the picture. Good heavens! How indecent! What! A woman without a stitch of clothing seated between two fully clad men! Such a thing has never been seen before! But this belief is a gross error; in the Museum du Louvre there are more than fifty pictures in which clothed people mix with the naked.”

I see the nude woman in this painting as being treated as an equal by the men and given the situation she most likely is much more comfortable than the men are. The women have more freedom in that they are not bound by convention; instead it is the men who are in regard to them wearing jackets and ties at a picnic. What this illustrates to me is that being naked does not degrade a person. Being naked is just another way of being.

Moonlight and Roses,

PS, I also posted a number of links to “Reverse Le dejeuner sur l’herbes” in the topic “Women” comment #125.
 
Last edited:
I am not going to add to this topic, possibly temporarily or possibly permanently and now plan to post to the politics board either in “Goggle Doodle” or in a new topic for the time being.

Moonlight and Roses (Tom)
 
I am not going to add to this topic, possibly temporarily or possibly permanently and now plan to post to the politics board either in “Goggle Doodle” or in a new topic for the time being.

Moonlight and Roses (Tom)

Your two threads have been quirky and interesting, Tom, thanks for sharing your interests and beliefs.
 
All young persons should have someone to teach them manners :)

And quite a few older persons. I saw an old man berating a child for daring to bump into him at the store tonight. My way of handling it was to casually step between the man and the child and accidentally drop a large tomato juice can on his foot. While he was ranting about that, I told the child to run.

Come to think of it, I rather enjoyed that.

Sweet Witch, your name and also the picture under your name, both of which I like, did inspire my imagination to think of a character that may not be you. Maybe that character could be a type of Fairy, see below or a nice Willis. Maybe the character could be named Moonlight and Roses. Anyway I like talking to you and I'm glad you write for yourself.

Moonlight and Roses,

I've enjoyed talking to you, too. You should come up and see me sometime--you know at the Naked Party where I normally hang out.
 
Earlier I wrote about Cake and Cunnilingus day, which is today April 14th. I feel the subject of heterosexual cunnilingus can be a good source of ideas for erotic stories. It can be use to explore the different ways women and men experience oral sex, both in terms of receiving and giving it and the different ways they experience sex in general. At the end of this post is a video, less than three minutes long, which shows the women’s point of view in regard to cunnilingus:

One of the women states “. . . when I start receiving it I’m thinking about so many things because I also care about the other person” she continues “Hey are they having a good time, like clock ticking, like am I taking too long” and “No like awkward eye contact all I can think about when that happens is I know that I have probably like 20 chins.” A second woman states “Women are conditioned to please other people and so when something is supposed to be pleasure just for you is a lot pressure to like enjoy it.” Next a woman states, “It’s someone kind of fully catering to you and your needs which can be a very intimate and vulnerable situation to be in.” And a fourth woman states “It’s hard for me to know that I could be disappointing someone in receiving oral sex and I’m not getting off at the end.” The women also talk about directing the guy and one woman says “. . . so like you might as well get like get involved be selfish about it” and earlier in the video she talks about “I’m also not afraid to like get in there myself touching myself or kind of directing their head you know, if they can do it to us I feel like we should be able to do it right back to them.” Also there is the woman who said it is important to say “. . . here are the things I really like . . .” and another woman said she “highlight the things that he’s doing right with audio cues.”

Here is the link to the just under three minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44WlMj_odpI

Moonlight and Roses,
 
Legerdemer, thank you for mentioning the link. I never know if people actually go to the links I post. There are a lot of interesting videos out there.

Moonlight and Roses,
 
Legerdemer, thank you for mentioning the link. I never know if people actually go to the links I post. There are a lot of interesting videos out there.

Moonlight and Roses,

Trust me. Any mention of sex and everyone jumps on it. That's why we're here.
 
I started this topic because I am interested in stories about women – stories that deal with women’s feelings and thoughts. But, I am also interested in how people, both women and men look. It is my opinion that both of these factors are important to writing, with the way people look being important to descriptions. The following link goes to a Pinterest site showing images of Women of Australia and Polynesia. You may have to be a member of Pinterest to view all of the images:

https://www.pinterest.com/willyssat/women-australia-polynesia/

Moonlight and Roses,
 
I started this topic because I am interested in stories about women – stories that deal with women’s feelings and thoughts. But, I am also interested in how people, both women and men look. It is my opinion that both of these factors are important to writing, with the way people look being important to descriptions. The following link goes to a Pinterest site showing images of Women of Australia and Polynesia. You may have to be a member of Pinterest to view all of the images:

https://www.pinterest.com/willyssat/women-australia-polynesia/

Moonlight and Roses,

I noticed most of the women in that page are tall, thin and bony. Real women have curves.
 
I noticed most of the women in that page are tall, thin and bony. Real women have curves.

I agree with SweetWitch. Real women have curves. Real women don't look like Melania, Yvonka, and Giselle.

Real women have tits, big natural tits, and shapely asses to grab onto and hold onto while fucking.
 
I have written a number of stories told mainly from a female character's perspective in a number of categories.

If you wanted to check them out they are:

EROTIC COUPLINGS
Penny & Michael's Forbidden Fun - Set in 1962, this is about a good girl who falls for a bad boy.

Switchboard Girls Soldiers & Sirens - This story takes place in England during The Blitz and is about two female cousins who meet two good looking soldiers from Scotland after an air raid.

Jehovah's Witness Romance - This story as the title suggests is about four young Jehovah's Witnesses. Three are female and one male, so about 75% is from a female perspective. The main female characters are a cynical sarcastic blonde, a naïve African-American girl and a sickly albino girl with bad asthma problems (one of very few albino characters seen in mainstream).

LESBIAN
The PTA Queen Bee & the Teen Rebel - The majority of this story takes place from the perspective of a 42-year-old unethical real estate broker who runs the PTA with a fist of iron. The Teen Rebel character is a rebellious 18-year-old heavy metal fan from a dysfunctional family, who has been banished to Catholic boarding school for her bad behavior. We also get to see into the minds of some supporting female characters, including the pretty office assistant of the real estate agent, a naïve newlywed girl and a prostitute.

Debbie the Dumb Gold Digger - The majority of this story takes place from the perspective of a pretty Italian-American girl who is frustrated by the vacuous titular character who has appeared miraculously when her infirm widowed grandfather won a substantial amount of money.

FETISH
Spoiled Princess Hates Camping - This story is mainly from the perspective of the titular character and her plump and pretty country cousin. There is male perspective, but the majority of the story is from a female perspective.
 
First I want to thank Sweet Witch, Handley Page, Susan and RetroFan for their contributions to this thread.

I’m always on the lookout for movies with stories about women (I wrote earlier about the lack of such stories) and here is a new one. The film is a comedy/adventure named “Snatched” (see here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2334871/) that is due out on May 11th, in time for Mother’s Day. It stars Goldie Hawn and Amy Schumer. I have always liked Goldie and I am looking forward to see her in this film. In addition to it being about two women I feel the movie is significant as Goldie is 71 years of age (one year older than I am) and Amy is not the typical thin movie star. According to the following source (http://annenberg.usc.edu/pages/~/me...uality_in_500_Popular_Films_-_Smith_2013.ashx) only 26.4% of “Female Speaking Characters On Screen” in 2012 were female and only 3.7% of female on screen speaking characters were 65 years old or older compared to 5.5% for males. This means that less than 1% of on screen speaking roles were for women 65 years of age or older compared to more than 4% for men. This by itself is a reason I would enjoy this movie. Also, an older actress with more experience may very well give a better and more enjoyable performance. I feel that Roseanne Barr has shown that actresses who are not thin can be successful and Melissa McCarthy has continued to show that. Basically I feel women in movies tend to be limited as to the age and how they look and I don’t like that. I like that people look different and I don’t feel there is a single perfect.

Moonlight and Roses,
 
Earlier I wrote about the Disney Princesses and how I liked them because their stories were about females. I also wrote that the three earliest princesses tended to be passive in the sense that things happened to them and others were in control. However, since then the Princesses have been presented as being more in control of their lives. Along with this change there has also been a reduction in the “romantic” nature of some of the stories as regards female, male love. In some cases the Princesses were more concerned about family members such as parents or a sister than with a male love interest or there was no male love interest at all. There has also been a movement toward non-European “Princesses” and there are now five non-European “Princesses” – Jasmine (Aladdin, 1992), Pocahontas (1995), Mulan (1998), Tiana (The Princess and the Frog, 2009) and Moana (2017). I like the expansion into non-European “Princesses” although I am not saying that the Disney stories are always perfect.

I recently saw the movie Moana and it got me to look up information on the Demigod Maui and the history of the Polynesian people. Here is an image of Maui by Thomas Christian Wolfe that shows the Demigod differently than he is shown in the movie: http://demonstre.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/arte1-1.jpg.

Here are links to videos of the five non-European “Princesses.” The longest is under 4 minutes. I feel they illustrate the princesses’ characters:

Jasmine from Aladdin (sung by Lea Salonga): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ1Rb9hC4JY

Pocahontas (sung by Judy Kuhn): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk33dTVHreQ

Mulan (sung by Lea Salonga): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_BtlAw4trg

Tiana from The Princess and the Frog (sung by Anika Noni Rose): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWXWwA3XoQo

Moana (sung by Auli’i Cravalho): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPAbx5kgCJo

Oh and Kantarii thank you for your comment.

Moonlight and Roses,
 
Varity can be the spice of life, which is one reason I like looking at the different fashions and styles of the past. In terms of women’s undergarments I tend to prefer styles that look like “normal” underwear. Here are links going to images and videos, mainly of the 1920s and 1930s, of women dressed in different styles of what seem to be normal underwear for that period.

One type of such underpants (I’m not sure if the word panties is quite correct) are loose garments, coming down to just above the mid thigh and many times decorated with lace. Here are two images of women wearing these garments, both are stills from movies:

Madge Bellamy: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0243/7483/files/white-zombie-3.jpg?17209027083548898085, from the 1932 movie “White Zombie.”

Ginger Rogers: http://image.way2enjoy.com/misc/laz...nger_rogers_rafter_romance1_su0BCOl.sized.jpg. Here is a set of gifs showing the scene from the movie “Rafter Romance” (1933) that the still was taken from: http://pre-codes.tumblr.com/post/48034174678/ginger-rogers-in-rafter-romance-1933. The top that Ginger is wearing is interesting. Going into that scene she had been wearing a jacket, so that the top seemed to be a shirt. On removing the jacket it could be seen that her back was bare, so the top only covered her front. Also it could be seen that she did not have a bra strap so it appears she was not wearing a bra.

This image is of Joan Blondell: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ea/a6/e7/eaa6e76a025b08614f8762a16e0b6aae.jpg and here is a second: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/da/39/42/da3942bec16c3e58e94d2375ea2b9bd8.jpg.

The following link goes to a “Ladies Underwear Show in 1929” by British Pathé just over 2 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjmjZWIuX70&t.

Here are some more:

http://thelingerieaddict.treaclemediallc.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/lilian-harvey-pre-cde.jpg

http://heres-looking-like-you-kid.com/files/2009/03/joan_crawford_ourblushingbrides.jpg

These women appear to be wearing Step-in Chemises, a one piece combination top and bottom, with very wide legs and possibly a buttoned bottom or they are wearing slip like chemises. The wide garter belt probably acted somewhat as a girdle: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/69/6b/d1/696bd1b647aec8d12c6ef24176780695.jpg. What seems strange to me is that the suspender straps went over the underwear and it is this that made me think the step in chemises had a buttoned bottom or the garments were slip like chemises.

It’s my understanding that the difference between a step-in chemise and a regular (slip like) chemise is that the step-in variety has two wide openings at the bottom for the wearer’s legs, while a regular chemise has only one wide opening for both legs like a slip.

Here are two pictures of women wearing either slips or step in chemises:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/cf/99/a9/cf99a9f6e2248ed92b17a29d305c4485.png

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4096/4829035390_b91f793cd5_z.jpg

My guess is that one piece step-in chemises were more popular in the 1920s and the bottom only variety of underpants more popular in the 1930s. In a sense underwear is a combination of both the nude and the non-nude.

Moonlight and Roses,
 
---^^^^---

All the images are pre the Hays Code, which came into effect July 1934, with a resultant tightening up of censorship and a defined set of "moral principles" allowed in movies; ultimately ending up with the daft requirement that a married couple could only be shown in a bedroom with two single beds, and one foot remaining on the floor (the latter may be apocryphal, not sure). The Hays Code didn't finally go away until the 1960s in the US, but it took European films and independent studios to force changes (e.g.: Easy Rider, films made outside the Hollywood system).
 
Electric Blue, thanks for the reply. I’ve missed hearing from you. Good information about the Hays Code. I find it charming to see risqué scenes from pre-code movies, even silent movies. The movie “White Zombie” was from 1932, Rafter Romance was from 1933 and the Ladies Underwear Show was from 1929. This still is from the movie “Anabella’s Affairs” (1931) and shows Jeanette MacDonald as Annabelle Leigh, along with Sally Blane, and Joyce Compton: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/88/41/85/88418500c694053b61a31ac469553a02.jpg.

Moonlight and Roses,
 
Earlier I wrote about Cake and Cunnilingus day, April 14th. Here are links that go to nice, non-photographic images of heterosexual cunnilingus:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy-UQUYWIAAmv4s.jpg

https://images.askmen.com/720x540/s...onight/19-elevated-cunnilingus-1440599382.jpg

http://andreyrider.com/uploads/images/28-02.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-.../AAAAAAAAB8E/t1RdFXnKdVM/s0/55a2d67792f16.jpg

http://www.femdom-resource.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/WineAndOral.jpg

The symbol for cunnilingus is the tongue stuck out between two fingers held up. A little like this \^/. There should be an emoticon for it.

Moonlight and Roses,
 
Agreed...

'Course, my personal issue's a little different, but everything I've written for the past two years has been Sapphic, so there you go. Plenty of developed, three-dimensional younger and more mature ladies and their individual struggles. And I also couldn't agree with about the whole being tired of male-driven stories...especially when they just make men look like idiots, horn dogs and scum bags.
Or were you referring to stories about straight women? If so, can't help you there, sorry. :) —S
 
Back
Top