How bad is Islam? Well, would you be willing to live in an Islamic Nation?

Are you willing to live in an Islamic nation?

• Total voters
so because I dont want to live in a country that treats women as property.. and that I live in a country that is supposed to support freedom of religon even if I dont like it....that's somehow a double standard?

okay.. would you like to live in Zimbabwe which has a Christian majority and an oppressive totalitarian regime... or in your country that does not

or is that another "double standard"?

its NOT oppressive in teh name of CHRISTIANITY

its oppressesive cause they have BAD NIGGERZ:cool:

so because I dont want to live in a country that treats women as property.. and that I live in a country that is supposed to support freedom of religon even if I dont like it....that's somehow a double standard?

okay.. would you like to live in Zimbabwe which has a Christian majority and an oppressive totalitarian regime... or in your country that does not

or is that another "double standard"?

Libs on GB scream from the rooftops how "peaceful" Islam is. The religion of peace, as they call it. Fine. Since it is so "peaceful," there must be an Islamic nation suitable for a Lib to live in. And if that's the case, they can vote YES and tell us what that Islamic nation is.

The double standard is this: Libs are unwilling to live in an Islamic Nation. Don't know why. These nations are soooo peaceful.

Americans who have spent an extended time working in Saudi Arabia (i.e. "living in an Islamic nation") tend to find their hosts rather hostile and their presence is only tolerated because they need a professional type of service they can't get from their own inbred troglodytes.

Americans who have spent an extended time working in Saudi Arabia (i.e. "living in an Islamic nation") tend to find their hosts rather hostile and their presence is only tolerated because they need a professional type of service they can't get from their own inbred troglodytes.

100 percent the truth there.
it's the kingdom as they called it.

Libs on GB scream from the rooftops how "peaceful" Islam is. The religion of peace, as they call it. Fine. Since it is so "peaceful," there must be an Islamic nation suitable for a Lib to live in. And if that's the case, they can vote YES and tell us what that Islamic nation is.

The double standard is this: Libs are unwilling to live in an Islamic Nation. Don't know why. These nations are soooo peaceful.

That's quite possibly the weakest logic I've ever heard

here's an example.. Conservatives praise small government and deregulation.. then why aren't they celebrating Somalia which lives by those values

straw man, thou art

here's an example.. Conservatives praise small government and deregulation.. then why aren't they celebrating Somalia which lives by those values

straw man, thou art

Go to Somalia for a visit.
you well need two things a gun and bodyguards.

haha have you not considered that "libs" might not want to live in any theocratic nation at all? or do you honestly think that you're arguing in anything like good faith here

Turkey
Indonesia
Malaysia
Gambia
Albania

I'm not against Christianity, but I wouldn't want to live in a Christian Nation either. That isn't hypocritical in my viewpoint.

I'm not against Christianity, but I wouldn't want to live in a Christian Nation either. That isn't hypocritical in my viewpoint.

there is NO Christian country,

there are ONLY countries that are mostly Christian:mad:

Since I live in a Muslim nation and have been in most Muslim nations due to my work I am going to educate you big dummies. Most Muslims are just like us. They just want to raise their families and be happy. Most do not even give anything outside of their families, circle of friend and work much thought just like us.

Unfortunately they base many of their opinions on propaganda from their government controlled media. The US is also a victim of its media. The media thrives on sensationalism and people thrive on negativity. Mostly what you read is the negative because of war. Fact is Americans kill more Americans than Muslims have killed Americans.

Unfortunately their is a vocal, violent minority that is focused on by the media. I constantly read about the Taliban. The Taliban was created by the US to fight against the Soviets when they invaded Afghanistan and they only became anti-American when we invaded. Their actions are no different than any other underground resistance that is formed in an invaded land. Much of the Anti-American attitudes in the Middle East can be directly linked to their perception that the US meddles in what is not their affair which is not far from the mark.

In Dubai I have just as many freedoms as in the US. Dubai allows all religions except one which I forget the name of and do not know anything about or why it is forbidden. The Muslims do not drink alcohol but I can get it in any hotel or bar. Pork is available. Sharia Law is only applied to Muslims though one should be respectful of their traditions and laws. Dubai has the most freedom and is very progressive. Dubai is very pro West.

Indonesia is the largest Muslim nation in the world. And there are Christian missionaries all over the place.

Funny how Indonesia is always the example...

Indonesia is the example of how good Islam can be!

NO terrorists ever come from Indonesia, why the Bali Bombers were Saudi Arabians!

Our ALLIES, what do you want to say now Mr. NEOCON!!!???

Why, they have Christians and EVERYTHING!

Since I live in a Muslim nation and have been in most Muslim nations due to my work I am going to educate you big dummies. Most Muslims are just like us. They just want to raise their families and be happy. Most do not even give anything outside of their families, circle of friend and work much thought just like us.

Unfortunately they base many of their opinions on propaganda from their government controlled media. The US is also a victim of its media. The media thrives on sensationalism and people thrive on negativity. Mostly what you read is the negative because of war. Fact is Americans kill more Americans than Muslims have killed Americans.

Unfortunately their is a vocal, violent minority that is focused on by the media. I constantly read about the Taliban. The Taliban was created by the US to fight against the Soviets when they invaded Afghanistan and they only became anti-American when we invaded. Their actions are no different than any other underground resistance that is formed in an invaded land. Much of the Anti-American attitudes in the Middle East can be directly linked to their perception that the US meddles in what is not their affair which is not far from the mark.

In Dubai I have just as many freedoms as in the US. Dubai allows all religions except one which I forget the name of and do not know anything about or why it is forbidden. The Muslims do not drink alcohol but I can get it in any hotel or bar. Pork is available. Sharia Law is only applied to Muslims though one should be respectful of their traditions and laws. Dubai has the most freedom and is very progressive. Dubai is very pro West.
clueless stooge

straw man, thou art

Pay attention, dear.

Conservatives like small government, conservatives do not like anarchy.

I would avoid living in any country where a religion has legal juristiction over morality or private, consensual behaviour. That means that I would prefer not to live in, for example, Saudi Arabia, Israel or even Ireland. And the lunatic Christian Right in the US means that I wouldn't want to live there either.

And I think Very_Bad_Man is right in his experience of Muslims. The aspirations that most people have for themselves and their children are the same, whatever their culture, race or religion.

indirectly yes. we armed them and gave them unofficial assistance via the CIA.

:rolleyes:

You mean, they were already there?

Or we just airdropped in a bunch of stingers and they materialized out of thin air...

And I'M THE BIG DUMMY??? Sometimes people here just make me into another busybody.

I would avoid living in any country where a religion has legal juristiction over morality or private, consensual behaviour. That means that I would prefer not to live in, for example, Saudi Arabia, Israel or even Ireland. And the lunatic Christian Right in the US means that I wouldn't want to live there either.

And I think Very_Bad_Man is right in his experience of Muslims. The aspirations that most people have for themselves and their children are the same, whatever their culture, race or religion.

Even the Fundies and Evangelicals of the South?

;) ;)

Back