Hi Ku Cat

I can hear the brass in the refrain? who was that 'The Royal Philharmonic' that aided in the score?

wiki he say:
Musical structure

The song starts with the intro to the French national anthem, "La Marseillaise", and contains elements from Glenn Miller's 1939 hit "In The Mood", as well as elements from Wayne Shanklin's 1958 hit "Chanson D'Amour". The song is notable for its asymmetric time signature and complex changes. The main verse pattern contains a total of 29 beats, split into two 7/4 measures, a single bar of 8/4, followed by a one bar return of 7/4 before repeating the pattern. The chorus, however, maintains a steady 4/4 beat with the exception of the last bar of 6/4 (on the lyric 'love is all you need'). The prominent cello line draws attention to this departure from pop-single normality, although it was not the first time that the Beatles had experimented with varied meter within a single song: "We Can Work It Out" and "Strawberry Fields Forever" are other examples. The song is in the key of G and the verse opens (on "There's nothing you can do") with a G chord and D melody note, the chords shifting in a I-V/7-vi progression while the bass simultaneously follows the tonic (G) to the relative minor (Em), but via an F#. Indeed, throughout this song McCartney's bass implies many additional chords over those played by the other instruments.[9]

After the verse "learn how to play the game, it's easy", the bass alters the prolonged V (D) chord with F#, E, C and B note modulations.[10] The song is notable for a dramatic use of a dominant or V chord (here D) on "It's easy."[11] The "Love, love, love" chant involves chords in a I-V7-vi shift (G-D-Em) and simultaneous descending B, A, G notes with the concluding G note corresponding not to the tonic G chord, but acting as a ♭ 3rd of the Em chord; this also introducing the E note of the Em chord as a 6th of the tonic G scale. Supporting the same melody note with different and unexpected chords has been termed a characteristic Beatles technique.[12]

During the long fade-out, elements of various other songs can be heard, including "Greensleeves", Invention No. 8 in F major (BWV 779) by J.S. Bach, "In the Mood", and the Beatles' own 1963 hit "She Loves You".

John Lennon – lead and backing vocals, harpsichord, banjo
Paul McCartney – bass, double bass, backing vocal
George Harrison – lead guitar, violin, backing vocal
Ringo Starr – drums, percussion
Keith Moon – brush drums[19]
George Martin – piano, orchestration and production.
David Mason – piccolo trumpet
Session musicians played strings, brass, woodwind and accordion as conducted by Mike Vickers
Friends and studio people made hand claps and sang background vocals (including Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Keith Moon, Graham Nash and many others).

2-12 was nice, it's getting to be a regular menagerie in here, chicken's, cat's, bird's and now monkey's
How have you been Remec? :)

Oh, not so bad...just a little weary of late...dunno why, but I'm hoping it's a precursor to an awakening of my muses...I could use some inspiration for something beyond the poetic piece here and there.

Oh, not so bad...just a little weary of late...dunno why, but I'm hoping it's a precursor to an awakening of my muses...I could use some inspiration for something beyond the poetic piece here and there.
i've been called a poetic piece once or twice in ma life :devil:

:D

seriously, that feeling? it's the header pool coming to the top. sooner or later it'll spill. it always does :rose:

or, semaphorically

abb
:confused:
bubble-gerund
--/--
[inside]
lid on
*zipped*
thought-bubbles burst!
spill w o r d s
{bandages} no! not that kind of patients
all we need is :heart: - doo-be doo-be dah

sorry :D

LOL. Very good... :D

Cats, birds and monkeys I understand, but chickens? :cattail:

And of course I haven't started over. I will write three word poems rather than quit. :cool:

i've been called a poetic piece once or twice in ma life :devil:

:D ...>>>>>Quality twat<<<<<

seriously, that feeling? it's the header pool coming to the top. sooner or later it'll spill. it always does :rose:

what feeling?

quality twat

what feeling?
indeed, lmao

that feeling of subdued restlessness, a change on the air, like the harbinger of storm or the subliminally recognised first tremors of a quake, an itch under the skin of something forming but not there yet... that kind of feeling = poetry's about to break free.

2-12 was nice, it's getting to be a regular menagerie in here, chicken's, cat's, bird's and now monkey's

Thank you, Harry, I'm glad you liked it. "Smart monkey" is actually a reference to "human", and "opposable thumbs and a highly developed telencephalon" is a reference to an old documentary. So what I'm saying in it is: "all it takes to write a sestina is to be human, and have no shame". :D

I really like this form. It works (for me) by forcing associations between ideas. It's the same as: "give me all you think of when I say the word red". (Bull, blood, tomato, Mars, passion...) Except with sestina, it's: "give me all you think of when I say the following six words, and try to arrange your output in story format". It is a great tool for idea-mining, even if the end result isn't good/useful in itself.

Oh. :D

Last edited:
I stayed up, drained a few cups
consumed black and white movies
like stale popcorn
waiting for dawn to break over St, Katherine's dock
awaken the black lion's beside the muddy river
shine in your window
on the off chance you'd look out
see me across the way

Last edited:
I stayed up, drained a few cups