Rules Of The Living (Closed)

Mayu

Ghost Of Who I Was
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Posts
22,651
Eden was tired and she was trying to find someone she knew, which was hard since she knew very few. She had been looking for Daryl hoping that he had made it, but then she saw the prison up ahead. She saw some people pointing guns at her, until finally she collapsed onto her knees. Tired and just thinking about death, looking down she could remember everything that had happened to her, it actually scared her as she looked up remembering.

She could remember it like it was yesterday, she was graduating the most important point in her life. And it was disrupted with the sound of a woman's screams. Eden looked around and noticed people going around the woman, a medic came out and began to tend the wound. She pushed through and thought something was very wrong, she noticed that the bite marks were rather bad. And she was lost for a moment, but then hearing moans she looked up seeing some people staggering and watching them she was worried. And before she knew it one of them lunged for the medic.

Getting up quickly she heard screaming all over the place, narrowing her eyes she noticed the others eating the medic. Covering her mouth she wanted to throw up. And she could see everyone running and bumping into her, finally she ended up falling and people dodged her thankfully and when she got up she saw her parents running for her and her mother got her on her feet. She was really happy that they were okay, her parents took each hand and began to run with her. Her heart beating and before she knew it she was running out of breath.

But then more people came in breaking the contact she had with her parents, pushing everyone away from each other. And she was terrified that she wouldn't see them again, but right now she knew that her mother told her once, if something bad happened if they got separated to go home so she did that. She ran miles to get home and by the time she got home she collapsed onto the couch. Her heart was pounding like everything she knew was destroyed today. Sitting up she heard a noise and it really scared her.

So she went into her father's room and knelt down at the foot locker, she took out a shot gun and she loaded it. Looking at it she closed her eyes thinking about how her father told her how to fire it. When she opened those grey eyes she meant business, slowly standing up she held the gun ready to fire. She heard something outside and going to the back she noticed someone staggering. And noticed something off about him, he looked normal from behind. It's like everything started to go slow motion for her. And she did something stupid.

"Hey" She said simply.

And noticed that the man turned around and he was missing his jaw, and he started to stagger towards her. She pointed the shot gun in front of her and was ready for anything, least she thought. But she had to do it so she pointed for the head and pulled the trigger twice. And the zombies head blew apart and some of its insides and blood got on her. And in that moment she froze like a statue. The child that she was deep down was banging on her heart so to speak. As she staggered back hitting the door.

She slowly slid down the door and her butt hit the ground, tears began to form and when she blinked the tears fell down her cheeks. Though there was no whimpers, no sound came out of her. It was like everything in her head was trying to figure out what to do. Eden was alone now, she had no friends and no family and it just hit her, she had nothing now. Her father being military always considered her a daddies girl and that hurt like hell. She was weak and didn't know what to do.

"Daddy..." She cried finally.

Resting her eyes on her arm that laid flat on her knees and she just silently cried. She wasn't ready for anything like this, things were rolling in her head about her past. How she lived the perfect life, but deep down in her heart she knew what she had to do. Now she had to learn to push her emotions away from her. She slowly got up pushing herself back onto her feet, and she hung her head going to her room. Looking at what she had she began to pack. And packed the clothing she would need.

She got into a pair of black pants that hugged her body, and a black t-shirt. She put on boots that had a very thick heel and she slipped a knife in her boot. Something her father taught her to do. Then she pulled her hair back in a pony tail trying to make it less gradable course now she didn't think this would help, probably make it harder. She removed the makeup she had and grabbed her bags and grabbed what she could in the house. She packed up her car and knew it wouldn't take her rather far.

And once done she waited around a few hours for her parents. And about five hours into it she decided to leave, it was dark so getting in her car she headed out. But noticed a store with a pharmacy in it. So she decided to go in grab what she could and get out. Took her about an hour and she left once she heard groaning of the dead. But checked to make sure they were zombies not someone injured. Looking around she noticed how everything was going and it was going to be hard, she finally left.

She was driving unsure where to go, nothing was on the radio so she just put in a CD and listened to it. For the moment it felt like nothing was wrong. That everything was just fine, but deep down she sensed she was just fooling herself. Even for just those moments she was calm, and felt normal. But then she hit something she hadn't seen and she pulled over, she hoped it wasn't an animal since she was an animal lover. And noticed half of a zombie but it was still moving. Horror could be seen in her face as she saw how the zombie reached for her.

"I'm sorry this happened to you, may you finally rest"

She had no idea who was responsible for this out break but something in her snapped as she walked over and stomped the zombies head trying to put the zombie at rest. She went back into her car and headed for a place she thought would be safe, the prison. But if someone moved in there, if they didn't let her in she didn't know what to do. No place to go, no family she would probably end up zombie food. And that scared the hell out of her.

She didn't want to die.

The memory took hold of her for a few seconds, but then looking up she saw someone coming up to her. Her greyish blue eyes looking at the figure, she put her pack down showing she had a lot of supplies. But she knew if they did not let her in, she would kill herself. No point in living in this world if no one wants you, that is something she did not want. And prayed to god for better luck.
 
Rick approached, sights drawn on the woman. She didn't look like a Walker but that didn't mean she wasn't bitten by one. He was weighing the risks and considering the resources - in some ways he hoped to find a reason not to help this woman if just to avoid making one more hard choice.

Daryl's voice broke the silence, "Glen." He pointed and without hesitation, the young man started slapping the fence and shouting at the walkers. The attention drawn, Daryl moved to a section of fence that had been re-threaded with plastic and sliced it with razor sharp knife.

"Daryl." Rick whisper-shouted, "What are you doing?" If Daryl heard Rick, he didn't acknowledge it. He cut through the fence and forced through. "God-dammit, Daryl." Rick ran to grab more cabling to fix the whole Daryl had just unsecured.

Daryl's heart was pounding as he raced to recover lost time. It had taken him a few moments to realized it was Eden on the other side of the fence, and that had allowed Walkers to start gathering. He had no choice but to fire his crossbow, dropping a geek with a bolt he'd never be able to recover. As he closed on Eden he had to use his knife to stab another in the brain.

"Eden?" Daryl sounded as if he couldn't believe she was here. "C'mon!" He stabbed another walker in the side of the head and kicked it away before checking to see if Eden was responding. He knew she wasn't one of them yet and if she were bitten Rick would kill her before the crossed that fence, but he had to try. Now that Merle was gone, she might be the only chance to prove there was a life before this.
 
Everything around her went silent she had been out on her own for so long, she did not know how long it had been. She had known Daryl for a good five years, he was a bit older then she was. Since she was only eighteen and she was fifteen when she met him, he was everything to her and wanted to see him again. She was also friends with his older brother, but she was of course much closer with Daryl. He wanted to go to her graduation she knew but he wasn't able, but it was a good thing he didn't he probably would have been killed.

But then she heard a voice and she looked up seeing a man older she could tell, she had no idea what to expect here but she had seen him once around the city and knew who he was. But did not really know him personally, but then she saw what she did. Her eyes went wide seeing Daryl, my god he was alive. And running to her, she was so caught up in things she did not realize walkers were coming. But she heard what he said and snapped back to reality, and she got up looking around.

But she placed her hand on his shoulder to lightly stop him, she looked quickly on how many were there. Taking a deep breath she took out a simple looking hand gun, cracking her neck she began to fire away with her gun. But no sound came from it, but one by one walkers began to drop. A big ass hole in there heads, but finally two walkers were left and her clip was finished. Quickly putting up her gun in the holster. She took Daryl's cross bow and once the walker was behind the other one.

Smiling she fired off one arrow and it went right into one walkers head and it actually went through and got the other walker. Both walkers killed by one bow, she panted a little bit. Everything went silent and safe. She felt really faint since she had not really eaten she goes days without a meal to make her food supply last much longer. She did not even realize she killed both walkers with an arrow. Daryl taught her two years before the out break, pointing his cross bow down so she did not accidentally hurt him. "Daryl..." She hugged him.
 
"Eden." Daryl was stunned, but he let his arms wrap around the young woman firmly. It was Rick's voice that brought him back to what was going on.

"Daryl. Let's go." He said, in his patented whisper-shout.

Daryl gestured for Eden to head toward Rick, "Go."

She had the crossbow now, so it only seemed fair he grab her bag. He'd follow her through the fence and make sure he was the last one back inside. In a flash Glen and Rick were snaking cord through the fence to seal it off while Maggie stabbed at anything that got too close.

Rick let Glen finish and turned to Daryl, "What the hell was that? You risked, the whole line by charging out like that." He took a breath, like a father trying to calm down before flying off the handle. He didn't even look at Eden as he spoke, "Miss. I mean you no disrespect. We just have to be smart, okay?" He finally met her eyes, as if challenging her to question his decisions.

Daryl drew his gaze, "I know her, alright. I couldn't just, leave her out there. Alright?" He too took a breath, "Eden. This is Rick. Rick, this is Eden."

Rick moved closer to Daryl, voice low. "She's your responsibility."
 
Eden could tell Rick was not happy and hoped she did the right thing by coming here, or trying any way. She nodded and followed quietly without saying a word, and once everything seemed okay for now everyone was back inside the prison. Her eyes looked around and when the introductions were made she just nodded. Not smiling or anything, she handed Daryl his cross bow back and kept going since he had her bag. She found a chair and sat at it, sighing a bit she heard what he said about meaning no disrespect.

"I met you two years before this outbreak Rick, but I don't expect you to remember since it was just one time. I know you mean no disrespect and I can assure you I haven't been bitten, if you would like one of your women here to look me over for themselves feel free to let them search me. And I am sorry I have been trying to find Daryl for so long I don't even know how long but well over two years. I had heard from people that survived about you being here, and if Daryl had not been here for sure I would have left"

She said simply and then hearing what he said to Daryl she stood up "Rick if you allow me to stay I can show I will be helpful to your group and not a threat, as you saw I have skills with all kinds of weapons. My father was in the military when he was younger and Daryl here taught me how to use a bow and arrow to kill things. I also have a lot of medical supplies if you have anyone here that is sick or hurt" She thought she could share what she had, perhaps that would buy her some time.
 
Rick's mood visible change, but he kept his true thoughts behind a stone cut poker face. "Well, if you have anything that might help Hershel I'm sure his daughters would be quite grateful." He turns his eyes to Daryl then back to Eden. "Daryl will find you a place to sleep." And with that he turned to go talk to a young boy wearing a sheriff's hat.

Daryl gestured to a set of stairs, "I'm in the guards nest there. Most of the upper ones," he didn't dare call them 'cells', "are empty. You can drop your stuff off and I'll take you to Hershel." Daryl paused as if struggling with his next words and settled on, "I'm glad you found us." A flash of a smile was on his face, then gone. For Daryl Dixon, he might as well have grinned ear to ear.
 
Eden looked at Rick and could tell his mood changed even though he was putting on the "Don't dick with me" Kind of face. Hearing what he said she nodded to him "Yes sir" seeing a boy she smiled and figured that it was Rick's son, she bowed her head to the kid showing she was friendly. And heard what Daryl said. She nodded a bit and found a cell and put her things in it, then she came out with a big bag full of all sorts of things. But it had pills and bandages everything to help she thought any way.

Walking back up to Daryl she smiled "I have to say think it was a good thing that father taught me how to fight smart and you teaching me how to use a bow and arrow. I am just glad I found you, I don't even know how long its been on my own. Only person I really ever trusted in our world fucked up already by all the dumb shit before the walkers. Were you, which was why I went looking for you. Went every place you ever told me about you liked, and heard about this place by some survivors who were turned away"
 
Daryl nodded once. "Yeah, we found some prisoners locked up in here. Told most of them to get out after one tried to kill Rick. He's kind of paranoid around new people now. Guess it makes sense."

Daryl looked Eden over and flashing that smirk when he apparently found what he was looking for. "Sure am glad you found me. You're the first thing to go right in my world of wrong." Daryl wasn't much of a hugger or even toucher, but the fact that Eden could win a hint of a smile spoke volumes about his normally guarded emotions.

He waved her to follow, "Come on. Hershel's down the stairs just to the right. I'll introduce you to Carol."
 
Eden saw the way he looked at her and smiled a little bit, she sighed a bit and there was something going on she could feel it. "You guys Have been through a lot, haven't you? I get a sense you guys have lost good people. This zombie bullshit is ridiculous but I actually thought that if I couldn't find you, I was going to kill myself. A shot right to the head so I would not come back as a zombie, my high school graduation turned to chaos I was separated from my parents so I assume they are dead, I guess my training has saved my life"

She sighed a little bit "Mom being a nurse and she actually taught me a lot so perhaps I can earn my keep around here" She smiled "But I can understand you guys have been through more then I have, I stayed out of groups and ate very little to keep it for people who needed it more then me. Went to places for drugs, food, water anything. Kinda like hunting I did with you and your brother, you helped save my life Daryl. I mean you trained me to use your cross bow and when it comes to protecting. No one fucks with those I care for"
 
When Eden spoke of her training Daryl nodded, “Merle always said; You fail as bad as you train to. I’m glad to see you took your own seriously.” He started down the steps still listening. Daryl wasn’t much of a talker either, preferring action to words. He knew Eden has a hint of medical training so he just kept walking with her. He paused when she said he’d helped save her life, remember the life of the one he couldn’t save. In a strange way hearing Eden give him credit for saving her, almost made up for losing Sophia.

He paused at the foot of the stairs and turned to watch Eden for a moment. “You have no idea how glad I am to hear you say that. We need that spirit here, now more than ever.” He took a breath to focus on the task then gestured for her to follow. “Hershel’s right here.”

Inside the cell a man lay, unconscious and handcuffed to the metal frame of the prison bed. An older woman who’d probably be somewhat attractive if she hadn’t all but shaved her head sat over the older man wiping his face with a cloth. He looked pale and sick, but the blood stained wrap on the stump below his knee told the story of why he was like this. Clearly his leg had been recently cut off and if he died from the blood loss or infection he’d likely turn, which was why he was locked up.

“Long story.” Daryl muttered.

The woman, Carol, turned to Eden saying, “He was bit so Rick had to chop off his leg.”

Daryl just shrugged, “Guess the story wasn’t that long after all.” He turned to Eden, “Carol sewed him shut as best she could but if you got anything to fight infection, maybe try and clean out the wound. It’s give him more of a fighting chance.”
 
Eden sensed something had really bad happen she worried about Daryl and with his brother not there it worried her. At least she did not think he was there, sighing softly as she placed her hand on his shoulder. She had feelings for him it was easy to see if you were a woman up to it. But Daryl wasn't that kind of guy. She had a thing for tattoos and he had some, she was open to older relationships that she knew at a younger age. Eden saw Lori who she had met once with her son, and figured they would not know her.

But then hearing what he said about long story and saw a woman hearing what she did. She pulled over a chair at the foot of the bed and began to remove the bandage the wound and expected it to look horrible but it looked pretty good. She smiled. "You must be Carol, I am Eden wolf good friends with Daryl over there" She said happily. "I must say you did remarkable here with what you had, and honestly I thought once you were bitten that was it. Good to know there maybe a way around it"

She said happily and took out very clean bandages and looked up "You will be fine Sir" She said "I have put an antibiotic cream that surgeons use on wounds in operating room it may help with the pain." She said wrapping it up. "My mom was a RN so she gave me a lot of training to me as a child so hopefully I can do some good" She stood up and put the bag down. "There are some strong pain killers if you want to give them to him." She looked at Carol looking her deep in the eyes able to tell.

"And I am sorry you have suffered loss Carol I sense you lost a child perhaps, forgive me for saying this I do not want to cause pain. " She smiled at her hoping she would not get upset. "My mother use to say I had the ability of empathy in a way to detect great pain. The mothers pain is the greatest. But I hope to be friends with you to, any friends of Daryl is a friend of mine. Since he does not trust easily he never has" She whispered to him her and smiled at Daryl. Sighing a bit she smiled.

Walking up to Daryl she smiled at him "Your a good man Daryl you care for the people around you, its rare in this new world now. Course now probably isn't the time to be uttering secret feelings I have had for you, is there anyone else who may need help. I know Rick and his family, well talked to them only once so it will not surprise me if they don't remember, back in the city. I wonder if things will ever get stable. I hope that man makes it but honestly the wound looks very good. "

Looking up at Carl and smiled "Try to clean the wound four times a day if possible, not telling you how to work since it does look wonderful." She bowed her head to the woman showing utter respect and sighed. "And I owe you a personal thank you Daryl for what you did for me outside, why would you take such a risk I could have been bitten" She said looking at her dear friend wanting to kiss him to get her feelings out but didn't.
 
"I must say you did remarkable here with what you had, and honestly I thought once you were bitten that was it. Good to know there maybe a way around it"
Carol shrugged uncertain, "We hope. So far it doesn't look like he'll turn from the bite. I think we just need him to stay alive right now, so thank you." Carol seemed to smile but it didn't look genuine. Her eyes darted to Daryl and back, a twinge of envy suddenly sparking the air.

"And I am sorry you have suffered loss Carol I sense you lost a child perhaps, forgive me for saying this I do not want to cause pain. " She smiled at her hoping she would not get upset. "My mother use to say I had the ability of empathy in a way to detect great pain. The mothers pain is the greatest. But I hope to be friends with you to, any friends of Daryl is a friend of mine. Since he does not trust easily he never has"
Carol nodded, "Thank you. Daryl's a good man. Any friend of his, I have no doubts will be a friend of mine." Something told Eden that Carol didn't really believe that, but deep down she was trying.

When Daryl and Eden spoke of a world that might be stable, he shrugged. "I think all we have these days is hope. Sometimes that feels like enough. Rick thinks we might be able to start planting a garden in the yard. We figure the walls and pickets were used to keep people in, so they should keep people out."

While they were talking Lori approached, and now that she was on her feet Eden could see she was very pregnant. "Hey, Daryl. Mind if I ask you friend a few questions about nursing?" She smiled and rubbed her very large belly as if implying the motivation.
 
Carol was very easy to read but just played stupid and nodded to her and then Lori so she smiled at her and was rather happy here and then looked at Lori and smiled at her. "I hope what Daryl did wont get him into any trouble with me. I understand why Rick was upset because he would just have to kill but I offered your husband for one of the women to take me some place and pretty much look over me to make sure no bites were there" She said lowly to her and sighed a little bit, and looked at her.

Smiling at Lori she could see she was coming around the due date "I may not be my mother but I can help you during your delivery but any questions feel free to ask. Personal or what ever" She said happily and looked over the set up and silently sighed. "You guys have lost so much, I was on Daryl's tracks since I left Atlanta trying to follow him. Carol has lost a child hasn't she? and I get a feeling she has feelings for Daryl. I am in love with him but if Carol loves him I dunno I may just keep my mouth shut she has lost a lot more then I have."
 
Carol looked Eden over, at the thought of examining the woman by removing layers of clothes. Her eyes fell to herself just for a moment. In truth, Carol simply didn't want to find out if Eden looked as good as one might expect, with her clothes off. "Well, I think one of the other girls should. It's probably a good idea."

Lori waved Carol's comment off, "I'll do it. There's something I need to talk to Eden about." She sighed to Daryl, "Can I borrow your friend for a minute?"

Daryl shrugged and pivoted on a foot, in the language of a man who didn't talk much the smallest gestures meant he was upset. Outwardly he didn't show it, "Nah, it's fine. You should probably get that out of the way before Rick get too worried. He's been doing a lot of heavy lifting." What Daryl would never say was; Sure. Go ahead and take the one ray of sunshine I have left in this world you self absorbed bitch. Not like I was trying to have a conversation with her. In stead he gestured to Rick, "I'm going to go talk to Rick. Update him about Hershel." He locked eyes with Eden and nodded once, which was his way of saying they'd talk later and he'd be damned if anyone was going to bother them when they did.

Lori, obviously to Daryl's dark mood just smiled warmly, "Thank you, Daryl. I promise this won't take long."
 
Eden smiled and felt like perhaps she was not wanted here, so she was glad to be able to talk with someone. Lori however seemed a little worried about something. She was a mother already and pregnant now by how everyone was. She had a feeling this baby may not be Ricks but she would never say anything about it. She was just happy that things were as they were, smiling a bit as she let Lori inspect her a bit showing she wasn't bitten or even scratched. But she sat down looking at Lori and gave her a look.

"Is everything okay Lori? I get a feeling something is up. By Carol I get a feeling she has a thing for Daryl. And the way Daryl risked the safety of everyone shows me he may have a thing for me. Then seeing Hershel I just hope he will be okay. He is strong that much I have seen, much like your son and Rick. At least you have family around you Lori, my parents are dead and gone. Daryl is the only person I have left" She sighed sadly and rubbed the back of her neck and just thought of things.

Looking at Lori she was just quite all of a sudden and smiled, brushing a strand of her hair out. Glad she could offer some help, at least she thought she could. Her grey eyes seemed to scan everyone around her, it was easy to see that dear Eden was in love with Daryl. But since he was the redneck simple guy it was hard to know for sure if he knew her feelings, he was far from stupid. But sometimes she just wished she could be open, and waited to see what Lori would say to her.

She decided only way to get a hand of everything she placed her hand on Loris stomach and felt the baby move. Closing her eyes as she heard her own heart beat, and had a feeling this baby maybe a girl. "Looks like your due at any time, I remember meeting you before this. You were with your son and I was new to the city, which was how I knew what Rick looked like. Though I remembered someone named Shane, I take it he didn't make it?"
 
Last edited:
Lori smiled, "Thank you. I'm not worried about the baby, not really." Lori sat down and her mood turned dark. "When I hard Carl, our boy, it was very hard on me. Physically. We had to do a cesarean, which means this baby will need to be delivered the same way. Hershel had already explained that there was a good chance that the baby could jeopardize my health if we did so, but I made him promise that if it came down to me or the baby, he'd save the baby." Lori sucked in a quick breath to choke back her tears.

"Rick doesn't know. And I don't think Hershel will be able to help me when the time comes anymore. Can I trust you to make the hard choice, Eden? Can I trust you to make sure you save Rick's baby? Even if it means..." Lori rolled her lips tight to fight back the tear.
 
She looked at Lori and heard what she told her, tilting her head to the side. She sighed looking down there had been and now she was unloading this kind of thing to her. Her stormy eyes looked up into her eyes. Lori was a strong woman, she reminded her of her mother. Her mother who had been through hell. She could tell she wanted to cry but held it back, but if she wanted her to be able to do this. She would have to promise something herself, she placed her hand on Loris and smiled a little.

"I will do as you say, I would say as long as your sure. But I can tell the way you look at me, that you don't make this choice easily. Since I know you love your son and your husband very much, but I must ask something in return. I agree I will save the baby even if it means your life but please, write a letter to both your son and your husband, it would be a letter given to both of them if you did die from this. Your husband may actually kill me, or at least want to kill me. So please write your wishes in the letter so he knows"
 
Lori nodded, "You also understand what happens if I... You have to make sure I don't come back." She reflexively wiped a tear she thought she'd lost but sucked in a breath when she realized she wasn't crying after all. "I guess you're right, but we didn't exactly pack any stationary. If you had a pen a paper I could write them - just in case, of course. Better to have and not need. Right?"
 
Eden smiled at her and thought 'Why would you trust me a woman you don't even know? I mean I appreciate it and I will do your wishes. I actually have some stationary I grabbed some my mother used before this shit happened. I will get you a pen and some paper and envelops. I would suggest that you give them to someone you can trust. I can do it if you like, but I will make sure your baby is okay. I would suggest taking vitamins I have some for mothers to be, I know you are ready to give birth any time but still.." She said softly.
 
Lori smiled, a real smile, at Eden's questions. "I trust you, because Daryl rushed out into a pack of walkers to save you. I watched that man nearly kill himself three times over trying to find Carol's daughter Sophia. I also know he put a knife in a prisoner who threatened Rick's life. If he trust you, and cares for you, then I owe you nothing less." Lori took Eden's and in her own and squeezed for comfort.

"The fact that you're hear with medicine and paper. That you're willing to make sure what needs be done, is done... then you're an angel as far as I'm concerned." Lori smiled brighter, a tear slipping from her eye. But unlike the tears she was hiding before, this one was for joy.
 
Eden looked at him with a kind smile on her face and nodded, she was rather happy. "So that is who Carol lost, I could tell she lost a child. I am so sorry for anything you guys have been through, I wish I was here I may have been able to save her. But right now we cannot live in the past which I know you know. But Lori I must warn you, I will do everything to keep you here. As long as the baby is fine. I will do what I can to keep you with us, your son have seen enough. But I promise to do what I have promised you Lori.

But I will keep a look out with your child as well, I think your baby will be a girl but I can't see the future. All I want to do is help and if something happens you die though rest easy that I will take you out myself, no one will hear it since I have a silencer for all my weapons. Daryl means everything to me, for a while he was a big brother but now that I am eighteen and I have been through hell like you. I love him, but I sense Carol has a thing for him. I don't know if I should tell Daryl I love him"
 
At the mention of Carol, Lori's eyes darted over in the woman's direction and something a little dark filtered in. Lori sighed and checked to make sure no one could still hear them. "I think Carol attached her self to Daryl. When we were at that farm, I think he just felt useless and became obsessed with find Sophia. Every day that went by he just tried harder and harder the next day."

She laughed a bit, "It's strange. Rick was the one who was soo obsessed with finding that girl. He felt soo responsible. Then he got shot by accident and Daryl took up that quest for him. I guess... I imagine if Rick had been the one to go looking for her day after day, maybe Daryl would be all yours right now." She shrugged.

"I do know this, hun. Men are a thick mountains. If you wait around expecting Daryl to pick up on some clue or signal, he never will. Now, I'm not saying he'll fall into your arms or feel the same. That man's emotions are locked up behind a safe I think he lost the combination too. But if there's a chance, you should tell him. If he says no, then at least you know - but... If I were a betting woman, which I've been finding myself looking at the odds of something working, I'd put money on him being willing to give back."

She patted Eden on the knee, "Now, come on. You need to get me that paper and then get back to the others."
 
She listened to what Lori said to her and felt that her fate was set, with everything that has happened to much was set in motion. Feeling her pat her knee made her free in a moment, everything was as it should be. Closing her eyes she did not know what to say to her, she did not know what was going to happen. But Lori deserved a fighting chance, she had no business and no reason to ask questions. But knowing she was trusted because of Daryl, she knew something had to be done.

As she walked off to get the paper and pen, she was thinking about everything. Walking by she looked into the eyes of those she saw, her eyes scanning around the area. She could see a glimpse of there pasts, hearing the echoes of the dead. Carol was the one that she felt the most for. Losing everything and she was here in love with Daryl. Almost like this was the rule of humans now, to fight each other. But she would not fight, Lori made it clear that she needed to speak up quickly.

But as she got to her little area she stopped, she let her guard down which perhaps may have been rather stupid to do. But right now she did not know what to think of any more, she loved Daryl and if he did not return the love it was okay. She would be fine with it, but he had to know and if he never knew she would would have failed. "Daryl..." She said his name knowing much was unsaid between the two, she had to tell him. If she never told him then it would be something she would always regret.
 
As Eden gathered her stuff, an incident has began down below. Voices were being raised. At the gate to the cell block stood too men in prison uniforms pleading that they join the group. "You don't understand," the skinny white guy said, "The bodies in those cells are people we knew. We can't stay there."

Rick shook his head, "Not our problem." Behind Rick, Daryl held his crossbow aimed at the man speaking.

T-Dog sighed, "C'mon, Rick. They ain't given us a reason not to trust 'em."

"Noway." Daryl said instantly. For a moment his eyes flicked up towards Eden but then locked back on his target. Clearly not trusting convicted prisoners around Eden, or anyone else for that matter.

Rick advanced, "Look. I told you. You stay on that side of the prison, or you leave. Those are you only options."

The thing man clenched his teeth, "We can't leave. The courtyard on our side is infested with walkers."
 
Eden did not understand what was going on, so she slowly moved over to them. Seeing Daryl looking at her, she heard the conversation looking down. She sighed a bit and knew this was a bad idea to step in, but she slowly walked. Eden was the voice of reason, she had been that for many years. She noticed the prisoner looking at her, she had a gun to her hip as it rested on the gun. Silently sighing and was thinking. Looking at everyone she looked at the man closer and gave him a kind look.

"I know we live in a cruel world now, I know what happened to your group Rick I know you lost good people even a child. But you cannot be judge and jury like it or not you need all the help you can get. I know I have no right to speak, but if nothing is done with them then you will have a lot of people that will starve to death. And we all know that you cannot waist bullets on a bunch of walkers. Now is the time for no pettiness or distrust until people give you a reason to not trust them"
 
Back
Top