...and we do this for which reason?

BuckyDuckman

Literotica Guru
  • Flame wars between members pervade even the most of threads
  • Personal vendettas for and against a bizzarro-land shadow contest (I'm guessing it's a shadow contest. None of the A.I.R. crap makes sense to me.)
  • Trolls who enjoy one-bombing stories and/or leaving off-topic comments that share zero relevance to the story or its writing
  • A category system that includes gaping holes while still allowing huge amounts of cross category overlap; and yet, it can still allow a story to be re-categorized based on the screener's opinion without explanation or consideration for the work as a whole
  • A contest system with an opaque sweeping system that seems to share efficiencies with the T.S.A.
  • Folks with more alts than the most disturbed of schizophrenics
  • Political correctness police from every extreme
  • No way for an author to promote "for pay" work available through reputable distributers in a tagline of their story
  • A screening system that can leave a story in limbo for unexpectedly long periods of time
  • Not sure where the line is drawn for "story quality" in the screening system, but it must be remarkably low

...all in exchange for the biggest potential audience. Man, I'm more broken than I thought.

Last edited:
You answered your own question.

There are infinite options of places to post your stories, and it takes several of them combined to put your story in front of as many eyes as posting it here will.

A large chunk of the problems in question could be solved by appointing an active moderator for those forums that don't have one. It's become painfully obvious where you can go and say anything you wish without inconvenience -- let alone consequences.

The problem with that is that umpteen people who never post crawl out of the woodwork to scream "Censorship" every time it's suggested.

The rest are your trade for the audience. Feel free to suggest changes, but just don't expect action. It does happen ( removal of multi-chapter stories from contests, changing the tagline of the LW category ) but such action is rare.

• Flame wars between members pervade even the most of threads
  • Personal vendettas for and against a bizzarro-land shadow contest (I'm guessing it's a shadow contest. None of the A.I.R. crap makes sense to me.)
  • Trolls who enjoy one-bombing stories and/or leaving off-topic comments that share zero relevance to the story or its writing
  • A category system that includes gaping holes while still allowing huge amounts of cross category overlap; and yet, it can still allow a story to be re-categorized based on the screener's opinion without explanation or consideration for the work as a whole
  • A contest system with an opaque sweeping system that seems to share efficiencies with the T.S.A.
  • Folks with more alts than the most disturbed of schizophrenics
  • Political correctness police from every extreme
  • No way for an author to promote "for pay" work available through reputable distributers in a tagline of their story
  • A screening system that can leave a story in limbo for unexpectedly long periods of time
  • Not sure where the line is drawn for "story quality" in the screening system, but it must be remarkably low

...all in exchange for the biggest potential audience. Man, I'm more broken than I thought.

Exactly. It remains an imperfect system. A reflection of life itself. Embrace it and ride the wave for as long you can. When it crashes only luck will tell its outcome.

Back