Question

slumbermama

Really Experienced
Okay, never really tried bdsm...but am curious. I have been approached a couple of times by men asking me if I would be interested in a father daughter type bdsm thing. Is that the norm? What do most men look for?

What are you curious about?

Don't worry about what most other people look for-- figure out what YOU look for. That's your first step. Then you can look for people who want what you want.

Read the essay in my signature, and see if it pokes you in the cerebellum some. ;)

I know the incest thing is not my thing. If it works for others GREAT! But for me, that is not my thing.

Spanking and bondage...yeah...as long as I am with someone I trust I can handle. Not sure how far I could/would go...but it does interest me.

Thanks for taking time to respond.

Father/daughter could be incest play...or it could be a Daddy Dom looking for a submissive, which is a totally different thing. I'd ask the person whether they are into D/s or into family play; his response could be telling.

Everybody's different. Don't go for 'normal.' Find someone who makes you squirm and see what happens.

J

Father/daughter could be incest play...or it could be a Daddy Dom looking for a submissive, which is a totally different thing. I'd ask the person whether they are into D/s or into family play; his response could be telling.

I don't know about others, but whether or not the Daddy Dom is incest play is irrelevant - the name is the problem in itself. I'm quite curious about a dom/sub relationship, but there is no way I could ever call a master Daddy.

I don't know about others, but whether or not the Daddy Dom is incest play is irrelevant - the name is the problem in itself. I'm quite curious about a dom/sub relationship, but there is no way I could ever call a master Daddy.

THAT is where I am. The whole incest thing is NOT something I could do. The rest makes me curious.

Incest play and "Daddy Dom" style relationships are not the same thing. Some Daddy Dom style relationships may include incest role play, but many do not. Also, people who are attracted to Daddy Dom style dynamics do not necessarily have "daddy issues."

There are plenty of people who have Daddy Dom style dynamics, without calling their partner "Daddy"... just like there are plenty of people who are in D/s relationships, without ever using the terms "Sir" or "Master".

The most common explanation I've seen for a Daddy Dom style relationship involves a different sort of energy than the standard "Me MASTER; you sub[slave]!" thing. There may be a more nurturing/mentoring vibe, or things might be a little more playful than one might expect. Sometimes a Daddy Dom style relationship involves permission (or encouragement) to act out a bit, or be bratty - something that might otherwise be discouraged in a different style of D/s.

(Age also has nothing to do with it - there are relationships in which the Daddy Dom is younger than the submissive, or traditional gender roles are reversed.)

You might be able to tell someone that although you would like the kind of care and love that goes along with that dynamic, you have a problem with the term itself.

If someone is not flexible enough to deal with that they probably have some other issues that they cannot be flexible on as well. So it's a good early warning.

Thank you to all that answered this post or sent a pm. It helped answer that question...I am sure I will think of more that might or will most likely be asked at some point.

Voted Best Answer

Back